Into the Labyrinth by Judgment99
Summary: Snape and Harry accidentally fall through a portrait and become lost within the walls of Hogwarts.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13586 Read: 33175 Published: 17 Aug 2007 Updated: 20 Sep 2008
Chapter 3 by Judgment99

Harry woke up to Snape saying “Get OFF me Potter!” He quickly scrambled to get off his disgruntled potions master.

“Do you have any idea of what you have gotten us into?!” Snape hissed at Harry, “Nobody has gotten out of here. Except Syltherin himself!”

“You shouldn’t have grabbed my robes!” Harry spat, “We wouldn’t be here…..how do we get out?”

“We wander until the 5 days are up and hope that we have found the way out!” Snape said maliciously.

“And if we don’t find the way out?….Then what?” Harry asked sounding worried.

“….We will find our way out…” Snape said, careful about his words. He pulled out his wand and lit it. “Lumos. Let’s get going.”

“Wait I have my dad’s map. We could use that.” Harry said at once. He was happy now. He wouldn’t have to wander the corridors with Snape for 5 whole days.

“I doubt that your map will work here. Your father didn’t know this place existed.” Snape sneered. “And it would be impossible to map. The corridors change. “

Darn he’s right….now what? Harry thought. Snape smirked at his failure. “What’s this place called Snape?” Harry asked.

“How many times must I tell you?! Do-not-call-me-that! Its sir or Professor.” Snape yelled. “And it’s called the Labyrinth. The Labyrinth of Illusions.” He finished calmly.

“How cheesy.” Harry tried to say quietly.

“Yes….but the name has a meaning. As you walk the corridors you greatest fears, hopes, dreams, and desires will appear and try to trick you to your death.”

“Oh…do you know the way out?” Harry asked hopefully.

“Unfortunately, it is not of my knowledge.” Snape sighed. “But all we have to do is reject the things that try to tempt us.”

“And if we don’t reject them?…” Harry asked.

“Then you die Potter!” Snape hissed. “Stay close to me. Don’t wander off into any corridors, and don’t communicate with anything.”

“Ya I get it. Let’s hurry…” Harry insisted.

With their wands ready they headed down the corridor. They came to a 3 way fork in the road. “Which way do we go?” Harry blurted out.

“Wait.” Snape said, eying one of the corridors. “We have to wait for something to appear in each of the hallways…”

Just then in each of the corridors appeared a person. The 1st was filled by Hermione, the 2nd was filed by Remus, and then Dobby took the last spot.

“Honestly, Harry!” Hermione said. “Come on we have to go or we will get caught for being out of bed! This way!” She said pointing down her own corridor.

“Don’t listen to the Hermione clone Harry.” Remus said, with a smile. “Remember my lessons, now. Come on. Sirius is waiting. Oh, hello Severus.”

“ Hmm…” Snape said at Remus’s hello.

“Harry Potter and Snape are lost? Dobby will help them get back!” Dobby squeaked. “Quickly Harry Potter!”

Harry instinctively walked toward Remus at the sound of Sirius’s name. Snape stuck his arm out to stop him from proceeding.

“They are trying to trick us Potter!” Snape said, staring at dobby. “Rule out Remus--”

“Why?! How do you know that’s not the real way?!” Harry said forcefully.

“We rule it out because it tempted you!” Snape hissed. “Now…just the girl and the rutty elf…who do you trust more, Potter?”

“Well, Hermione. Not that I don’t trust Dobby.” Harry added quickly.

“Then we follow Dobby.” Snape said. “Always go with the one that least tempts you.”

“Well if it’s that easy, then why did so many people die in here?” Harry questioned.

“Because, they didn’t know that. They went to the thing that tempted them most and got killed.”

“…So, Dobby then?” Harry said after a long pause.

“ Yes.” Snape said, raising an eyebrow at Harry.

They were following Dobby for what seemed like an hour before Harry blurted out “ Sna--Professor we have been following this thing for an hour already!”

Amused by Harry’s sudden outburst respect he said “Well Potter, it’s actually been an hour and a half. And we have to follow it until the next split in the corridor.”

“Well I’m getting thirsty. Can we do magic in here?” Harry asked hopefully.

“I think not. This chamber was used to test mental abilities. Not magical.” Snape said, sounding tired.

Noticing the tone in Snape’s voice Harry said “Lets rest…I’m tired.”

“No. wait till we reach the next split.” He said, trying not to sound weary.

They walked for what seemed like 10 minutes when a hall with 3 more corridors showed up. Dobby stood to face them then disappeared.

“Now we can rest.” Harry said thankfully.

“Indeed…hurry and get some rest. Remember, we only have 5 days to get out of here.” Snape said, sitting on the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1382