Into the Labyrinth by Judgment99
Summary: Snape and Harry accidentally fall through a portrait and become lost within the walls of Hogwarts.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13586 Read: 33182 Published: 17 Aug 2007 Updated: 20 Sep 2008
Chapter 7 by Judgment99
Author's Notes:
I know it took awhile, sorry about that. School is in the way once again. I will try to update as fast as i can.

"Alright then…" Harry said. What am I going to ask?…

Harry eyed his professor, thinking what he could ask him. Before all this happened he would have jumped on the idea of Snape being under Veritaserium and being able to ask whatever he wanted, but now that the opportunity was here, he couldn’t think of anything to ask. Harry considered asking Snape how Veritaserum worked, that would count as a question right? "Professor, how does Veritaserum work?" Harry asked.

"Veritaserum is a strong truth serum. 3 drops would make anybody spill there darkest secrets, whether they liked it or not. While under Verituserum the user will have a blank, unfixed gaze. After the Serum wears off, the user will remember nothing of the experience. The normal amount of time to be under Veritaserum is 10 minutes." The elder Slytherin finished, still emotionless.

Harry processed what Snape said. …the user will remember nothing of the experience.

So Snape wont remember what I ask him?…And he wont realize that he WAS under Veritaserum. I could just tell him he passed out… "Ok, Snape. I know Hermione and Ron would kill me if I didn’t ask you so, why do you always wear black?" Harry said, obviously eager.

"It hides the blood stains." He said, still unmoved.

"…oh." Harry said, all enthusiasm gone. Blood stains? He hadn't expected that answer. He expected Snape to say something like, 'I think it make me look cool', or 'It my favorite color.' Not 'It hides the blood stains.' Was Snape in that much danger that he wore all black all day everyday, just for the sole purpose of hiding blood? Well it would make sense. He was a spy. Harry considered not asking anymore questions, not liking his first answer. But what would a few more harmless questions do?

"Umm,…oh! Why is your hair so greasy?" Harry said with a smile on his face. He had wanted to ask Snape that for years.

"It is because I stand over a fuming cauldron all day. And it is genetic."

"Like your nose?" Harry said, still smiling.

"Yes."

Harry was enjoying this. He hadn't considered where he was, how much time he had left, he had even forgot he was hungry, thirsty, and had to go to the bathroom.

"Are you a Vampire?" Harry asked. The answer was obviously 'no'. But he wanted to ask anyway.

"No."

Harry laughed. He would be scared if he ever asked Snape any of those questions when he was conscious. Hopefully Snape wont figure out what happened! Then Harry thought of something. "Have you been listening to my thoughts? And if so why?" He asked. Snape had shown some signs of listening to Harry's thoughts. He needed to know why.

"Yes, because it kept my mind on other things. Listening to your thoughts made thinking about other things easier." Snape said. His eyes were still glazed.

"Were you using Legitiments?" Harry asked.

"Yes, a different form of Legitiments."

He knew it! Snape was listening to his thoughts. He could have just asked him what he was thinking.

Harry looked over his Potions Master. He remember how Snape looked after following…Harry realized he didn't know who Snape had followed. He was excited now. Snape didn’t want him to know, though. Why didn’t he want me to know?…something about my life wont be the only one at risk if I knew. Harry wanted to ask Snape who he followed. He wanted, no needed to know where his loyalties lay. But what if he was on our side and Voldemort found out?…then he'll have a reason to wear black. No. He couldn’t do it. He wouldn't put Snape in danger just to please his curiosity. He would just have to ask little questions till the 10 minutes was up.

Harry sighed. He couldn't ask any major questions he wanted to ask. Nothing about the war, Voldemort, or…his mother? That wouldn’t put anyone in danger. Snape did grow up with his mum, he had to know some stuff about her!

"Snape did you know my mum?" Harry asked, he wanted to know whatever he could about her.

"Yes, I knew Lily Evens."

"Were you her friend?" Harry said before he could stop himself.

"Yes. She and I were best friends, up until our 6th year."

Harry was stunned. His mother had been best friends with Severus Snape? He knew that they knew each other and grew up not very far apart, but best friends? If that was the case, then why does Snape treat him the way he does? Wouldn’t he want to treat his 'best friends' son better? Harry had to know more.

"How good of friends were you?" Harry asked, moving a little closer to Snape.

"We were best friends, even though we were in opposite houses. We often sat together to make James mad. She liked doing that." He said in the still emotionless voice. Harry noticed that a faint glimmer was returning to Snape's eyes. I don’t have a lot of time left… Harry thought.

"What made my mum not want to be friends with you ?" Harry asked eagerly. He was going to try and get as many answers out of Snape as he could.

"After the exam in our 6th year, James and his friends started to curse me. I was soon without my wand and hanging upside down. She came up to us and told James to leave me alone, I called her a 'Mudblood' and she tried to avoid me from that moment on." The Elder Slytherin said. Harry wasn’t sure what to feel. Snape had said something about his father cursing him. Why would he do that. Snape probably did something to deserve it… He thought. His father wouldn’t just attack someone for nothing…right?

"What did you do to make my dad curse you?" Harry asked a little forcefully.

"Nothing. James and I had been enemies throughout our years at Hogwarts. He had a lot of fun cursing me when my back was turned."

Harry was even more stunned. Even he wouldn’t curse someone while there back was turned, not even Malfoy. No, Snape had to be lying. His father wouldn’t do something like that. Harry looked away from Snape for a moment at the wall. What should I ask him? My Father wouldn’t do anything like that…. he thought. He considered what to ask Snape for a few minutes then said, "Why did you hate my father?" while still looking at the wall.

"Well, maybe because he was a thick-headed idiot, Potter! Why are you questioning me?!" The now conscious Snape said. Harry turned to his potions master, his eyes wide. Snape's eyes now showed signs of life, and they were glaring at Harry. "Answer me Potter! Why were you questioning me? What happened?" He said. Snape looked around the room, his eyes fell on the basin of water in the corner. Snape's eyes widened a little before he turned back to Harry. "What happened ?" He asked a little softer.

Harry wasn’t sure if he should tell Snape that he was under Verituserum. No, just say the water knocked him out…That’s to obvious. Maybe I should just tell him? But then he'll go all crazy…But I didn’t ask anything important… Harry struggled with his inner thoughts.

Snape sighed an annoyed sigh. "Potter, I already know I was under Verituserum. I realized my mistake before I could do anything about it.," Snape said, a very small look of fear in his eyes. "What did you ask?"

To be continued...
End Notes:
DUN DUN DUN! What will become of Harry Potter and Severus Snape?!?!? STAY TUNED!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1382