Lost Treasures: 2 A Whole New Year by slytherensangel26
Summary: AU! HBP Non-compliant!
After the events of Lost Treasures: the snape family is about to return to Hogwarts for the Sixth year. Before reading this story, you'll need to have read Lost Treasures first, or none of the stuff in here will make sense!
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Fantasy, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Slytherin!Harry, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Character Bashing, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Lost Treasures
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 14067 Read: 15625 Published: 19 Sep 2011 Updated: 15 Jan 2013
The Cleansing Ritual by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I thought I'd go ahead and put it up.

I know nothing of formal cleansing rituals...I made it up.
This chapter as you may have guessed is Severus-centric.

The next afternoon, after the last of the classes were over, Snape hurried, with Turlough following, to the Three Broomsticks. Upon entry, he searched the pub for his beloved.

There, in the corner, he spied her. Since she still worked here, he expected to see her serving up drinks, and so was surprised to see her sitting by herself nursing some kind of drink. She also looked as though she hadn't slept in a while. It had been the first time since she and her daughter had left that he'd lain eyes on her. 


She was still as ethereally beautiful as ever, even with the dark circles under her eyes. Those were something easily remedied, but her mind was another matter.

Surely just the arrival of her kinsmen hadn't made her turn to drink so easily?

He took a deep breath and walked as calmly as he could over to her table and tapped her on the shoulder.

She looked up and her hand went for her wand...then she faltered seeing him.

"Severus?"

"Perhaps we'd best have this discussion away from prying eyes?"

Bridget snorted and looked with derision and the man behind Snape. "Fat chance of that. Not with the chaperones you brought with you.."

Sighing Severus turned. "I would like to have some privacy. I swear to you on my honor, that I'll not take advantage of her till the bonding ceremony. I'll take the wizard's oath if I must."

"You have twenty minutes. This will be a test of trust."

Severus nodded his head and then led her up the stairs to the loft.

When they were alone and a privacy charm had been cast, Bridget sat heavily in the high backed chair and put her head in her hands. She inhaled harshly when Severus lifted her chin with his finger.

"Talk to me, Love. You can tell me anything."

"I don't want you to have to go all this length just for me. Having to endure the celibacy, to have a chaperone all the time, I can't have any intimacy with you. I don't want to sleep alone anymore. You shouldn't have to do all this to satisfy my family."

Severus leaned forward and kissed her lips. When he pulled back, he looked into her eyes. "There is a difference between intimacy and sex, We may not bed each other, but we'll still have plenty of intimatecy."  Briget sighed.

Severus took her hand in his. "I've been alone for a long time. I've never been truly happy till I allowed myself to see you as more then then Kelly's parent. The arrival of your kinsmen was unexpected, and I'm not looking forward to the enforced abstinence either, but for you, I'll endure it. You're worth it...I want to be with you for the rest of my life. And if that means I must go through this ritual cleansing and satisfy the traditions of your clan, then I'll do it." He kissed her gently and then whispered. "We've both been alone for many years in our own misery. It'll be over before we know it."

Bridgett nodded still sniffling and Severus handed her his handkerchief. When she'd wiped her face, he kissed her again. "Now come, lets go get some dinner. Tonight's the cleansing ritual, and I hoped you would be there to support me."

When she frowned, he added. "This is my chance to finally rid myself of the Dark Mark. By ridding myself of it, there will be no way for HIM to find me."


 Later that night, as the moon shone brightly on the waters of The Black Lake, the Snape family stood waiting along with all the others that loved him. Included within the group was Minerva and Dumbledore. Professors Sprout, and Flickwick were on duty that night.

They'd only been there for a few minutes when Bryan passed by wafting a smudge stick to cleanse the area. When he'd completed the last full turn he turned and stood still awaiting Turlough and Severus to enter the circle.

No one had to wait long, for a minute or two later, the two men approached. Severus wore a pure white tunic and lose fitting pants. His hair hung around his face and his eyes were downcast. He had to fight the urge to run. He never liked it when people stared, but as the ritual had been explained. The people that loved him were neccesary to the cleansing ceremony.

Turlough stopped at the waters edge and waited as Bryan wafted the smudge stick around them and then led Severus into the water.

When the both of them were hip deep in the water, the thick bodied Irishman spoke loudly.

"Tonight, we gather here to preform an ancient rite. Though Severus was not born into the tribe, he has decided to submit himself to the laws of our clan. One of these is a rite of cleansing which shall remove all traces of dark magic that has bound him to evil." 

"This mark has been carefully examined by myself and we've found a way to remove it. That is the reason we have called you all here tonight. Before we begin, i will give anyone who is not here of their own choice to leave now, before we close the circle."

After several moments had passed, Turlough continued.

"Dark magic, fuled by hate, was used to brand our friend and brother. White magic will purge him of it. Therefore, I command you all to look deep inside yourself and focus soley on your pure love for Severus Snape and allow it to surround you and fill you. Once you have done so, come and join us in the water...and form a circle, holding hands."

Severus tried so hard to look anywhere but at his family. He seriously hated being the center of attantion. He looked down at his bare forearm...he hated his mark more. Anything to rid himself of it.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of, Severus." Turlough said as Ambrose, and Aubrey entered the water and joined hands. "This is your family. In our clan, the bond is forever...love is what makes family...and I can feel it very strongly in these people. Especially the young one. I believe his name was Jacob?"

 

"Jacob, he's my ward. I'm his guardian for now."

Turlough nodded as he watched the boy enter the water with Darcy and Lord Valendil. Minerva and Dumbledore walked in. Lasty, Bridget and Kelly entered, both shining with an intense purity. They each joined the circle.

Lastly, Bryan walked towards them. As he approached them, he made a final circle wafting his smudging stick again, until he'd made a complete circle and then entered into the middle. Turning and tying off the ring with an eternity knot. When that was done, Turlough held out his hand and Severus placed his hand in the older man's. Bryan looked them both in the eye and then added his hand to the two.

When at last it was complete, Turlough spoke again.

"The circle is complete. Now, with your thoughts focused soley on Severus, send your thoughts of love to us." 

Turlough faced Severus and spoke in a serious tone. "Severus Tobias Snape, do you now, in front of all these witnesses and family hereby denounce the Death Eaters, their Master, and all facets of the dark road?"

Severus nodded. "I do."

"Will you also, to the best of your ability, vow to love your family, support your friends and chose light over darkness for the rest of your days?"

Severus nodded again. "I hearby vow all of these and will teach my children and students to do the same."

"And lastly, do you now, in front of your family, as the head of your household accept our clan, promise to abide by our laws and come to the aid of the clan, should it become neccesary?"

Severus nodded. "I swear on my magic that I will."


Turlough smiled at Severus. "Then kneel."

Severus did so never taking his eyes from the older man except when he scooped some water in his hand and poured it over his head. He did this two more times and then held out his hand.

As he rose to his feet, Turlough smiled at him graciously. "Check your arm."

Hardly daring to believe it, he did as he was told...and to his great surprise and pleasure, it was gone! his skin was as pure and soft as the day he was born! He touched and prodded his arm and then looked up barely holding back his tears.

The older man looked just as overjoyed but kept his own smile at bay.

"Welcome to the Hazel Eyes clan, Severus. I see you as a new member of our clan. Now, while we all stand here, I say to you that I've found your worthy and may now, if you so chose to make your intentions known."


Bridget was blushing and she found she could barely hold her head up. Severus turned to her and held out his hand. Only hesitating a moment, she accepted it and was drawn into the center circle. Bryan took her place in the outer ring.

Severus smiled at her and then looked at Turlough. "It is my intention, to court Brigett...with your permission as her guardian...and bestow a band of protection on her."

Turlough grinned at them both and nodded.

Severus looked back at Bridgett, his love for her giving him more courage then he ever felt in his life. He held both her hands in his.

"Bridgett, though you didn't want it, you are very much worth it. I've wandered around these 15 years, a devistated man. I never thought I'd ever feel loved again. But you've changed that...all of it. One more year will seem but a day. I want to do this, it will be like experiencing love anew. Will you wait for me?"

Bridgett blinked away a tear and nodded. "I never thought I'd deserve this, but you've given me new hope. I love you...and I can't wait to be bonded to you."

Severus gave her a rare smile and kissed her forehead. "I love you." she breathed softly.

He kissed her knuckles. "As I love you. Please, my lady, allow me to inscribe my band upon you."

Bridgett lowered her eyes and looked at their entwined hands. Then she nodded. Severus lifted her chin and pressed a kiss to her lips. Then he gently drew his fingers across her forehead, just under the hairline and as he infused some of his magic into her, a slight silvery design almost serpentine in its shape, appeared. He kissed the design and both of them felt warmth rush through them as the magic settled in.

She leaned into kiss him and were interrupted. by Turlough clearing his throat.

"Alright you two break it up. From now on till next year at this time, the courtship is in full effect. Say your goodbyes and Bryan shall escort you back to your home." 

Severus smiled and held her close to him before Bryan held out his hand in invitation. She smiled at him and her eyes shown with warmth and happiness as she was led back to her home.

Severus sighed in happiness and then turned back to his boys who had walked back to the shore. Aubrey held out a towel and a pair of mens sandals. They were identical in their design, though in different sizes. Their thick robes were also identical in color and design. Simple black robes with the Snape family crest in silver

As their father put them on, he looked down to see pride in his son's eyes. He smiled back at him.

"Dad, does this mean we're part of the tribe too?" Asked Aubrey as they began walking.

"Yes, your mine...and you're as much a part of the tribe as I am. Though I'm sure at some point you'll be put through a test before you're declared a man and able to officially declare yours intentions to her father."

Aubrey nodded. "I had intended to go to Mr. Weasley and officially ask to court Ginny. I know that she will be bonded to me one day, because we're already paired, but I want to do it the right way."

Severus looked at his son with pride. "Then you must contact Mr. Weasley and ask to see him."

"Then there's just Ron to worry about. I know he'll pitch a fit."

"So what if he does? You've got the favor of the majority of them already." Ambrosias reminded his twin. "Why should you let house prejudice ruin your relationship?"

Aubrey nodded again. "Your right. I'll contact him in the morning."

To be continued...
End Notes:
So, what do you guys think of it? Please review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2666