Lost Treasures: 2 A Whole New Year by slytherensangel26
Summary: AU! HBP Non-compliant!
After the events of Lost Treasures: the snape family is about to return to Hogwarts for the Sixth year. Before reading this story, you'll need to have read Lost Treasures first, or none of the stuff in here will make sense!
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, Fantasy, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Slytherin!Harry, Vampires
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Character Bashing, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Lost Treasures
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 14067 Read: 15624 Published: 19 Sep 2011 Updated: 15 Jan 2013
Story Notes:

What happens when a handicapped boy is added to the mix? This story will feature a Fiercely loyal Ginny and Aubrey/Harry relationship and she will be only one of a handful of people that will know Aubrey's secret identity...and yes, i'm gonna add in some Dramionie into the mix. I hope you all enjoy this sequel.  Read on!

All recognizable characters, places, and objects are not mine. They belong to the wonderfully talented Ms Rowling.

I'm not making a single Knutt from this story. It's merely the product of my twisted mind and caused by several visious plot bunnies.

LOLZ 

1. Prologue: Family Movie Night by slytherensangel26

2. Back To Diagon Alley by slytherensangel26

3. Jacob by slytherensangel26

4. Heading to Hogwarts Again by slytherensangel26

5. The Sorting by slytherensangel26

6. The Unexpected Visitors by slytherensangel26

7. The Cleansing Ritual by slytherensangel26

Prologue: Family Movie Night by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Just some family fun. I'm aware of the shortness of this chapter. I'll be making up for it as the next chapter will be posted as soon as this one is up. Thanks for reading!

Prologue

Boys Room

The Enchanted TowersAubrey and his twin sat gob struck as the dark cloaked man on the telly with the funny mask spoke those fateful words…

“Luke, I am your father!”

“No way,” breathed Aubrey. That man…machine….no!”

Their father snorted…” Yeah your mother and I had the same thought when we saw this in the 70’s. This was the movie I took her to for one of our dates. She was pureblooded and had never experienced the Muggle cinema. That was only our first of many times visiting it. We were there for the next installment too.”

The boys looked amazed…for a moment before they were glued to the telly again.

They were quiet for the rest of the movie. All around them, snacks littered the floor. Popcorn, sodas, and bags of chips. They’d made a trip to the Muggle grocer and had spent more then 10 British pounds on this snack food.

Normally, Severus avoided junk food, but he wanted his boys to have the full experience of a ’movie night’ …and the boys were loving it. No worries about fame or dark wizards killing them tonight. Tonight they were just vegetating…and bonding.

Along with Muggle food, they’d also spent more then a few Galleons on chocolate frogs and Butter Beer as well. Severus was aware of how constipated they would feel the next morning and had purchased a draft that would counteract the effects of all those salty carbohydrates and calories….it was the same he usually brewed for his snakes after the welcome back feast.

The next morning, Draco…no…Darcy would arrive with his mother and guardian to join them on this one last day of freedom before heading for the Hogwarts Express…and another year of their magical education.

But for tonight, they were just three bachelors eating junk food and drink and at the moment, just finishing a Muggle movie; Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. He half wondered about weather they would try to don the costumes of the movie this Halloween…for this year, they’d be trick or treating. It was something that he’d drempt about while he and Artemis were awaiting their triplets…before disaster struck.

Now that his sons were back…things were gonna be different. They would experience everything that they’d be missing out on.

They’d be a family…and if Fate was kind to him…they’d have a step-mother and sister…and he’d have a wife.

He’d never forget his beloved Artemis…but he would share his heart…after all, she’d been mourning too…with that one night of passion they’d shared.

He smiled to himself at that thought…and then he shook himself from his revelry as the credits rolled.

"Dad, are you okay?" Ambrosius asked looking concerned.

"Yes, I shall be fine…now how about we clean this mess up before the next movie starts."

The teenagers groaned.

To be continued...
End Notes:
I hope you all enjoyed this intro into the story! Please review!
Back To Diagon Alley by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Before anyone tosses hexes at me, i want to make clear that I am aware of the other stories that feature a Harry as being autistic. i love those stories very much and I want to make it crystal clear that i am not copying them at all. My reasons for using this twist is to advocate for people who have Autisim or more precisley Asperger's Syndrome.

I also want to clarify that Asperger's is not full blown Autism. its a type of it, but its more of a Social Disease and not a mental disease.

With that said, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

The Next Morning

Diagon Alley

The sun was out and it shown down on Aubrey and Severus as they walked down the main street. They were to meet Lord Valandil and Draco…er…Darcy at the Leaky Caldron. Because the sun was out, Ambrosias was back in the suite catching some sleep. Not that he minded in the least. He after all, had the room to himself and the curtains were drawn.

Aubrey never really got bored with Diagon Alley. Not with the Weasley Twins setting up their joke shop. Even if Ron hated his guts, the two jokesters didn’t. They’d more then been a help to him. Even going as far as helping him escape to Hogsmead via the Marauders Map.

Not to mention the fact that their parents and now them were apart of the Order.

“Dad, may I go into the joke shop?”

Severus grinned. “I always were impressed by those boys. They opened up a whole new outlet for potions.”

Aubrey took that as a ‘yes’ and all but scampered into the shop. Fred was there to greet him. “Alright there Aubrey?”

"Nice clothes.” Echoed George. “I’ve never seen the like before…what are they called?”

 Aubrey looked down at his clothing. "Bondage pants…the Muggles who really love rock and heavy metal wear them. It’s brilliant isn’t it.”

“It’s very different. I should like to own a pair of them. It would certainly make us stand out.” Fred said giving his twin a conspiratorial grin. George grinned back at him. “I was thinking the same thing.”

Aubrey was about to tell them what shop the pants were bought…but then he caught sight of Ginny; and then the world melted away…Aubrey felt his skin tingling. She looked so beautiful in her light blue dress and even darker blue cloak with the silver clasp. Her red hair seemed to gleam in the sunlight…or was the sunlight coming from the pretty barrette that held her hair back?

And then someone roughly pushed him to the floor. Aubrey looked up to see a very pissed off redhead. “Oi! Stop ogling my sister! She doesn’t need to hang around you…bugger off!”

Aubrey saw red…and it was all he could do to not tackle Ronald Weasley…instead, he swiftly got back on his feet and as he opened his mouth, the twins stepped in front of him. “Ronnikins, we’ll have you know that this bloke saved our little sister.” Fred’s eyes were steely. “Don’t disrespect him…if not for Aubrey, she’d be dead.”

“You don’t even know him Ron.” said Ginny as she appeared next to Aubrey. Her eyes were flashing. “He. Saved. My. Life.”

“But he’s a Snape, any bastards from that greasy git are as bad as that Great Bat of The Dungeons. You can definitely do better then this bloke.”

Ginny eye’s flashed again, and she slapped Ron across the face. “I’ll be the judge of that, Ronald Billius Weasley. It’s my life and I’m old enough to make that decision for myself. Now sod off.”

Ron only shook his head and stalked off. When he was gone, Ginny smiled at him. “I’ll keep your secret Aubrey…I owe you a life debt.”

Aubrey was fighting the wide grin that wanted to break out on his face. “No debts between us Miss Weasley. It was my privilege to save a beautiful young witch.” Then he raised her hand to his mouth and kissed it. He cut her a bow and then walked away. Going to back towards the door where a smirking Darcy was leaning against the door way.

"That was very smooth cousin. So debonair. So, when’s the wedding?”

Aubrey rolled his eyes. "Nothing like that, not yet. She’s a Lady, and deserves to be courted properly. I ‘m a Genteel Wizard now and I know she’s worth waiting for.”

Darcy grinned again. "Seems you won’t need any etiquette lesson after all.”

“He and his twin were bred from two of the most honorable lines in all wizardry. It’s in his blood.” Severus said as he approached them, having just come from the apothecary shop. He put a hand on his son’s shoulder. "I heard a commotion, and Skeeter hurrying away from the joke shop. What happened?”

Ronald Weasly happened.” Aubrey ground out feeling his blood boiling again. “What bloody right does he have to…wait, did you just say Rita Skeeter was there?”

“Yeah, even some one as highly elevated as that gossip queen has to shop sometimes.” Lord Valandill said as he approached them. "She was wearing a glamour, but it was poorly cast, and my sight is excellent. I could see right through it.”

Aubrey groaned. “Just when the day was going so well.”

Darcy shrugged. "She’s been looking for more dirt on Harry Potter. Tomorrow we head back to school. It’s bound to happen eventually. She’s looking for a celebrity and finding none, she turns to the next best thing. Don’t forget that the Weasleys are still associated with Potter. It can’t bode well for her though. They’ll protect her from the worst of it, but at school she’s fair game.”

“Not if I can help it. We’re bonded. I’ll have to find some way to be two people at once. I wish I could do away with the façade forever and just be Aubrey Snape.”

Just then, a flash went off and they all looked on in horror as a wiry man in a purple cape took off faster then lightning….and was tripped by a figure with a lightweight black cloak on. The snoop looked up in fear as he saw shining amber eyes under the hood.

Laughing wickedly a dark voice spoke to him.

“You’re not going anywhere, spy. We’ll not have a nosy arse like you ruining our lives anymore." Ripping the camera from his grip, he forced the man to look into his eyes. "When you get back to the office of the Daily Prophet, you will destroy any of the pictures you took of Aubrey Snape. Furthermore, you will stay far away from the Snapes…or I’ll come back and drain you of all your blood and leave your body to the werewolves. Oh and you will never mention this conversation to anyone or anything. Now, get too your feet and leave my sight.”

That was all it took for the man to run off as if the hounds of Hell were after him.

When the offender was gone, the cloaked figure walked to his father’s side. "Dad, there’s no time to lose. Abrosius said still keeping his hood up. I’ve gotten an important letter from the Headmaster. It was sent with Hedwig." Saying this, he handed the rolled up missive to his father.

Severus nodded. "Get yourself out of the sun. I don’t want you to burn up.”

They retreated back to the Twin’s shop. Without pausing to greet the twins, Severus walked up to the nearest twin. "Something has come up with the Order I need a place without windows."

Fred nodded. "I have just the place." He led them into the back store room and stood near the door keeping watch.

When they were alone, Ambrosias pulled down his hood. "It's from the Headmaster. Asking us to go retrieve a muggle born from the London Orphanage. He was supposed to reply to the acceptance letter but the lady in charge hasn’t replied. He’s worried that You-Know -Who might attempt an attack on him if he tries to make it to Diagon Alley on his own. He also thinks their might be something wrong with the boy that prevents him from communicating distress.”

Severus nodded. "I know whom he’s referring too." Then he looked at the boys. "I looked over the school files from his Primary. His name is Jacob Mason and he’s got a mental disorder the Muggles call Asperger's Syndrome. It makes it neigh impossible to interact with others he didn’t grow up with. We’ll have to tread carefully with him." Then he looked at his sons.

"But you boys may get further with him then I would."

Y"ou want us to befriend him…get him to trust us." At his nod, the boys looked at each other and then filed out of the room.


It didn’t take long to get the old archaic building. The trio stood before the imposing doors and all felt a shiver of dread…not from them. But from someone in side. Severus let the moment pass as he stood in front of the door and used the knocker.

A few moments passed and a kindly woman with a worried face appeared as the door open. "Welcome Gentleman, my name is Madame Lacey. How may I be of service?”

"I am Professor Snape. I am here to retrieve a young man by the name of Jacob Mason. I was taking my sons shopping at a market near by…"

“There’s no need to continue Professor Snape. I’m one of you.” she said as she welcomed them inside and shut the door. The witch was a petite blonde beauty with blue eyes. She wore a pair of blue jeans and a pale pink blouse with a pair of sturdy but comfortable loafers. She twirled her fingers activating a muffling spell so no one could overhear them. “The Ministry hired me to keep an eye out for children of magical heritage that may be abandoned here. So far, only Jacob has shown up."

“The headmistress here is not the most pleasant woman to work for, but the children matter more. I have been most concerned for our young wizard. He’s has no friends here because of his accidents. I’m aware of how cold I sound. But I think he’d be better off at Hogwarts. The mistress here tends to be harder on him because of his difficulties. She thinks he’s slow and lazy because of his mental problems. She singles him out for the worst of the chores…trying to teach him a lesson. I step in when I can, but I can’t be everywhere at once…at least not without breaking the statute of secrecy.”

Severus nodded. "I understand completely Madam. This is why I’ve brought my boys. I’ve read through his school files and he may find it easier to trust other boys then a man like me. Students tend to find me intimidating.”

"I remember you professor. I graduated the first year you taught potions. But I don’t scare easy. Even though I wasn’t that good at potions. It wasn’t my gifting.”

Severus looked her over. "Ah, I see…that would make you a…Hufflepuff?”

The witch rolled her eyes. "Not likely. I was a Gryffindor. You have to be to work under the …under my employer.”

Severus smirked and glanced at the stairs. I sure hope the boys are successful.


The twins stood outside the door of the only closed door. They’d been shown to the ‘weirdo’s room by an older boy. Ambrosias paused for a moment. "This is the one. I can sense his abilities…and his fear. I better stay here, I’d look like a bloody monster to him.”

Aubrey nodded and then knocked. “Jacob? Are you in here? I’d like to talk to you.”

There was a long silence before the door cracked open. A yong boy with shaggy black hair peeked up at him.

“Hello?”

“Hello Jacob. My name’s Aubrey. I’m from the school…a fellow student. I was told I’d find you here…may I come in?”

The boy dropped his eyes and backed away from the door. "I don’t want to go.”

Aubrey walked in silently as the boy retreated to his bed. "Why don’t you want to go. It’s a cool place to live. You’ll love it there.”

"I’m different…what if no one likes there. I’m not normal.”

Aubrey smiled at him. "I’m not normal either and it has nothing to do with my new clothes. I’m a wizard just like you…for the first 10 years of my life, I was constantly reminded of the freak I was and it wasn’t until my friend Hagrid came for me that I realized that my reletives were wrong about me. You’re no more strange then me."

"Even with my assburgers?”

Aubrey chuckled at him. "Aspurgers, you mean? Well I talked to my father about it and he’s a professor at the school. He tells me that its not a defect, its just means that you’ll have difficulties making friends…it won’t be impossible. If you’d like, I’ll take you under my wing until you settle in.

The boy looked at him. “You’ll help me?”

Aubrey grinned at him as he stood to his feet. (he’d been sitting next to the wizardling on the bed.) "Of course. Now, why not gather up your belongings?"

The boy got up from his bed and pulled out a beaten up threadbare pack and pulled a tattered blanket from the bed and a few pairs of clothes that had holes everywhere. The underclothes weren’t in much better shape either. He’d definitely need more clothes. That was for sure.

When at last he was done, he approached Aubrey who put an arm around him and guided him out the door.

On hearing them come out, Ambrosius faded into the shadows and after they passed he followed after them silently as a shadow. He was already forming a plan in his head. He had a definite feeling that he’d be playng his brother’s part more then a few times in the coming year.

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please be nice with the reviews. I find more encouragement to continue with non-flamitory ones!
Jacob by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
This chapter has a little of everything. Enjoy!

Jacob clung tight to Aubrey as they descended the stairs to the main floor. As Severus came into view, they noticed another woman along with Lacy. This one was a little older and she was almost as intimidating as his father…almost.

The three of them looked up as the boy and his…protector descended the last step.

The older woman was the first to speak. "There you are boy. I do hope you earn your keep at this new boarding school you’re going to. I don’t expect to see you ever again."

Aubrey caught the tone the headmistress was taking and it immediately sparked his ire.

He stepped in front of Jacob protectively and scowled at her. “Madame, the only thing we expect from him is to behave, learn his subjects, and do well on exams. He won’t need to earn his keep.”

The woman glared at him. “Watch your tongue boy. I don’t tolerate impudence from anyone, least not from you.”

Aubrey stood his ground. “If I were you, Madame, I’d watch my step. If anyone were to find out that you’ve been mistreating an autistic boy, you’d be looking for another job by Halloween.”

The Madame sniffed imperiously at him. “You’re not even fully grown, you have no standing with anyone least of all the people in charge.”

“He doesn’t,” Severus said as he stepped between them. “But I do. I have more then one contact in the ministry to help carry out my threat. My peers would be chomping at the bit to remove you by the time I tell them all that I’ve discovered here.”

“Not without proof, you won’t. I keep a tidy and orderly orphanage. The brats here know better then to step out of line with me around.”

“Nothing is hidden from me,” Ambrosias said as he finally stepped into view.  “The shadows are my friend, Headmistress. I can go anywhere undetected and find out just what injustices are done here. Remember that when you run this orphanage. I can go places and influence people that others can’t.” He grinned coldly at her, fully effecting her with his vampire talents.

“If anymore children come to any harm from you or your staff, I’ll know.”

That was enough to drain the pallor from the old woman’s face. She shuddered and then backed away practically throwing Jacob’s folder at them. Severus caught it neatly and tucked it under his arm. "No worries, madame. He’ll never be at your mercy again."

“Be on your way then, and leave us be.”

Ambrosias grinned at her showing his fangs. He cut Lacy a courtly bow and then followed his family and their new charge out the door.

When they were gone, Ambrosias vanished again, keeping to the shade before taking on his bat form again and flying back to the hotel.

“Who was that?” Jacob asked.

Aubrey grinned down at him. “That’s my twin…he’s got a skin allergy.”

Jacob nodded and was quiet again. He wanted to ask the big man more questions but found himself suddenly shy and instead looked ahead as they Leaky Caldron soon came into view.

Aubrey sensed his distress and put a comforting hand on his back. “It’ll be okay, now. We’ll be looking after you now. You’re whole life has changed and it’ll be a thousand times better then living at the orphanage."

"Because I’m a …."

Yes,” Severus answered…immediately Jacob shuddered and tried to burrow into Aubrey’s cape.

The potions master stopped immediately and continued walking, not really sure how to tackle this new crisis. Thankfully Aubrey stepped in smoothly. He stopped and knelt in front of Jacob. He spoke in soft comforting tones. "That man in black is my father and he’s not as scary as he seems. It was his idea to send me to pick you up and bring you down to him. I know it will take you a while to get comfortable with him. "

“He’s tall and wears dark clothing…he’s scary.” Jacob whispered for the first time looking directly into his protector’s eyes.

Aubrey chuckled softly. "You’re not the only kid to think so. He scares everyone at first. But I can promise that you’ll be safe and secure at Hogwarts."

"We still need to get your school supplies and some new clothes before we board the train tomorrow. For now, stick close to me and we’ll get through this day together."”

Severus blew out a breath. That would give him some more time to figure a way to get within the child’s circle of trust.

"Once they entered the Leaky Caldron, they all made for the back entrance . Just before touching his wand to stones, Severus, still keeping his distance, addressed his son. “Apparently my presence is not helping Jacob overcome his shyness. You and Darcy will take him for his supplies and his wand. You may also get him a familiar if you’d like. You may charge everything to our account and the Headmaster will settle everything when we get to the school tomorrow. Can I trust you two teenagers to not go overboard?”

Aubrey nodded. “You have my word.”

Severus nodded back and then touched his wand to the wall.

Jacobs eyes widened as the stones folded back to create an arch.

When his father left, Aubrey felt his new charge sigh in relief. “Just stay with me, and you’ll be fine. Now, we’re going to meet my cousin, Darcy. Then we’ll start shopping.”

In response, the small boy’s stomach growled. He looked up with a little trepidation and then relaxed when his strong protector grinned. “It’s okay really. We’ll find a nice little restaurant to eat at.”

That’s where Darcy found them about 20 minutes later. They had settled down at a nice little restaurant called Morgana’s Café. It was a newer restaurant and a little high end as price went, but from what the concierge had told them, the food was well worth it as well as the service.

Jacob’s eyes were everywhere as magic butterflies flitted above their heads and the flames in the wall sconces and the giant chandelier changed colors repeatedly. He shrank back against Aubrey when three menus floated over to them.

“Darcy, this is Jacob Mason, the boy that we picked up at the orphanage. We’ll be getting his supplies and some clothes today. He’s new to anything magic, we should take it slow with him.”

The newcomer smiled at him as he plucked his menu out of the air and opened it. “Hi Jacob, pleased to meet you. All this magic may seem daunting, but you’ll get used to it soon.”

Jacob didn’t know if that would ever be true…but he trusted Aubrey. He had to admit that Magic was slowly fascinating him. After eating, they all began the shopping expedition.

It was all going as expected and the two older boys were soon flooded with questions, which they answered as best they could. It was nice to see him coming out of his shell a bit, even though he still clung to Aubrey’s side.

They ended up buying him clothes similar to their own but in smaller sizes. The packages would be delivered to their hotel room while they continued to shop.

It didn’t take long for Darcy to be accepted as a protector as they visited shop after shop. The only shop they didn’t visit was Slug and Jiggers as Severus was in there and told them he would get the boy’s potions supplies himself, to be sure that he got the freshest ingredients.

Soon they found themselves at Olivander’s and they went inside, Darcy whispered to him. “This is where you’ll get your wand. It’s a bit of a process so we’ll just take it slow.”

Jacob nodded and took a deep breathe before approaching the counter. He was a little unnerved when the man looked over the counter at him.

Welcome sir, how may I be of service?”

“This is my charge, Jacob Mason. He’s in need of a wand.”

The intimidating man peered down at him. "I see. Please step up. I’ll need some measurements.”

While this was happening, the young boy didn’t say anything, he was feeling a bit overwhelmed. But before long, he was trying out wands. It wasn’t long before one chose him. The boy’s eyes widened as sparks shot out. He looked up at Aubrey for an explination.

“The wand’s chosen you. It’s yours now.”

"Ah yes, 12’ made of willow bark with a core of unicorn hair taken from a fine stallion. The roots of the willow tree are very strong. This would do well at defensive spells. May I offer you a holster?”

They bought him a hip holster made of fine dark leather. After paying for the wand they walked out and headed towards Familiar Creatures. This is where things got interesting for the trio. They browsed the store for a while looking at the owls (not that he would need any) and passed the rats to the snakes. The boys seemed unusually fascinated with them. What happened next was unforeseeable.

The snakes began hissing at the boy.

Draco looked at them confusedly….but Aubrey understood every word.

:Ssss…..another sssserpent ssssspeaker.:

“You can sssspeak to me?”

:yessss….you have the talent:

A great big garter snake was speaking to them. :If itsssss a familiar you are ssssseeking that small ssssnakling would be a good match for you. Hessss very sssshy…been here for more then a year.:

The both of them looked at the cage next to the garter snake. A very skinny snake was peeking out at them. A garden snake. Its little red tounge flicked in and out nervously tasting the air. It scales were vividly green and seemed to shimmer.

:Hessss beautiful:

Jacob looked at Aubrey. “Can I have him?”

Aubrey grinned. "Yessss"

Darcy looked between them. “He’s a parcel mouth too?”

Aubrey nodded as the shopkeeper approached them. “We’d like the snakling in this cage.”

The jovial man grinned at them. “Brilliant choice. I was hoping someone would adopt him. He’s not venomous at all and he’s magical so you won’t have to worry about him slithering off on you.” Saying this, the man gently picked it up and handed it to the Jacob. They all watched as the little snake licked his skin and then wrapped around his wrist.

“Now he’s bonded to you know. If you’ll come up front we’ll get him paid for and I’ll throw in some food for him.

Jacob grinned as he gently stroked the beautiful scales. I’ll name you Emme. You remind me of the green jewel I saw in a movie once.” The snake licked him again. Then Emme looked up at Aubrey. :he protectsssss you?:

The young boy nodded. “Yesss….he ssssaved me from the headmisssstressss. Sssshe was mean to me all the time. Aubrey found me and took me away from there. I’m never going back.”

Once Emme was paid for and they all headed for the last stop of the day. By now it was dusk and the trio once again found themselves joined by the mysterious boy in the cloak.

“Hey Ambro. Nice piece of work this morning.” Aubrey said as they hugged. They paused when Jacob clung to Darcy’s side who put a comforting arm around the small boy.

“I’m Ambrosias. Forgive me for scaring you earlier, I only did it to intimidate that creepy old hag. I’m not really that scary and I’ll never harm you…ever. Can we be friends now?”

The boy hesitated…then bravely stepped forward and held out a hand.

Ambrosius smiled at him and clasped his forearm. Then stepped back. "Is the shopping spree all done?”

Nearly. We saved Madame Malkins for last. The majority of the patrons are gone now. Lets get to her before she closes.

They were the last of the customers. She shut the door after then and then locked it up.

“Now, what can I do for you?”

“We need to get his school robes.” Aubrey said as he held out his hand for Emme…the snake licked his palm and then easily slipped from hand to hand, wrapping around his wrist.

:Well met protector: It hissed at Aubrey.

:Well met Emme: Aubrey answered the snake ling.

“… and an all weather cloak.” Ambrosias added a moment later

“Why do I need so many robes? What’s the difference between them and the cloak?” Jacob asked in confusion as the Madame took out several black robes with the Hogwarts crest on them and began to hem them up.

“Well, the robes are what you wear while at school and they go over youre uniform.” Darcy explained. “The cloak is for wear outside, while not in classes. They’re charmed with magic to keep you warm and comfortable no matter what the weather is like outside.”

Oh, okay.” the boy said after a few moments. They all stood in companionable silence as the alteration’s continued.

“What’s the train like?”

Darcy grinned. "The Hogwarts Express is the name of the train we’re all taking tomorrow. There are compartments for everyone to sit in and talk. There’s also a nice witch with the snacks trolley. You buy snacks and drinks from her. It’s a lot of fun to ride even if it takes all day to get there. But we’ll be riding with you the whole way…and I’ve brought my gobstones and the exploding snap deck. It’ll pass quickly that way.”

Jacob thought it all sounded so wonderful. He could hardly wait to go on the train the next day.

:Not many can ssspeak in our language…I sense not that bloodline that passes through my masssster. How issss it that you can sssspeak it?: Emme hissed in a confused tone

“Itsss a long ssstory and not one that I would sssspeak of in front of mixed company.” Aubrey answered.

Thankfully the snake didn’t ask any more questions.

After the seamstress had finished with them, she neatly folded them all into a large box and cast an anti wrinkle charm on them and then shrunk it down to a manageable size.

Once everything was paid for, they all headed for the hotel.

When they arrived back at the room, they discovered the packages were waiting for them…as well as a new trunk with the Initials JM in fancy script.

After adding another hammock for Jacob, they ate their last meal for the night and then they all went to sleep for the night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That night, Ambrosius woke to hear a soft moaning, as if the youngling…

The youngling! The young vampire sat up in bed and looked over to his brothers side of the room. Sure enough, the child was in distress and was close to falling out of his ‘nest’. Silently he padded over to the child and gently shook his shoulder.

The child woke with a start and looked at him with unmasked fear.

"Shhh… you were having a nightmare. There’s nothing to fear now that you’re awake."

“The masked men, the ones who killed mum and dad…they’re real aren’t they?”

Ambrosius didn’t know what to do. He gently carded the boy’s hair. “Why don’t you tell me what the dream was about, then I’ll tell you everything you wish to know.”

Jacob looked at his hand. “I’m thristy…can I have some water?”

Ambrosias nodded. I’ll get you something to drink but you need to tell me what the dream was about.”

Without waiting for a reply he walked to the far corner where an ‘ice box’ kept their drinks cool. He retrieved a bottled water and walked back to the child. He handed it over and then stood, waiting patiently.

After taking a few sips, the boy began to tell his story.

“My family was killed by masked men, last year. I thought they were burgelers until they pulled out their wands. I heard my mum crying and my dad getting angry when he tried to fight them off. One of them men had long white hair and he said some funny words…green light came out of the stick and killed them really fast. He killed my brother too. I know he slept in my parents bed that night."

The child paused and took another sip of the water then he contiued the story. 

"I hid from them under my bed. I don’t know how they missed me. But after they left, I went outside and saw a giant skull with a snake above my house. I was scared so I went back in the house and hid under the bed till Scotland Yard’s men found me. I tried to tell them what happened to me, but they didn’t believe me. They sent me to the orphanage after that.”

"I have nightmares from that night. I can still hear my mom crying and my baby brother scream…and then the green light.” Jacob shuddered and was instantly pulled into the older boy’s arms.

Ambrosius let the boy cry on his shoulder for several minutes and when the crying had ceased, the boy pulled away flushed with embarrassment. Aubrey answered him.

"Yes, they’re real. In our world, we call them Death Eaters. They are much like the Nazi’s that served Hitler. The man with the long hair was called Luscius Malfoy, he was the leader of them and conducted the raids on Muggles."

"Was?" Jacob asked.

Ambrosias nodded. "He’s dead now and he can’t hurt you anymore."

"What about the rest of them? There was this lady that laughed really loud and…she had this crooked wand…"

“She’s dead too. "That symbol you saw in the sky was the Mark of the Dark Lord. But you don’t have to worry about any of that tonight. Now, if you’d like, I can get you something to help you sleep."

“Can you keep the night mares away?”

Ambrosius nodded all the while hearing his father’s instructions through their ‘link’ and headed to the potions cabinet in the loo and soon returned.

He handed over the vial to the boy. "This is a dreamless sleep potion. Only take a few sips and it’ll make you fall asleep. You won’t be having any more dreams tonight."

Jacob looked at the vial and then took a few steps and then handed it back to the vampire. Within seconds he was asleep.

Sighing in relief, Ambrosias fixed the boy’s covers and headed to his own bed, falling asleep in seconds

Back in room, Severus lay in bed thinking about the boy. He looked forward to seeing his lover the next day.

They’d be meeting in the lobby the next morning.

He could hardly wait.

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
In case anyone is confused by Ambrosius having a link with Severus, I'm referring to the bond that formed when he hitched a ride on Severus legilimens when Aubrey was in the hospital.

Next up, the four of them take a ride on the hogwarts express and the sorting ceremony. Where do you think Jacob will end up?
Heading to Hogwarts Again by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
The boys head to Hogwarts for 6th year. Aubrey takes on his former persona.

Jacob woke up the next morning bright and early. He turned in the hammock ever so carefully so he didn’t fall out. He blinked once or twice and it was then that soft voices could be heard. He got out of bed on cat's feet and walked towards the voices.

There in a the kitchenette he saw the Ambrosius speaking to his twin and their father. The other twin’s back was to him...but already he looked really funny. His hair was shorter and more messy looking..and he was a little thinner then the day before. And he wore different clothes too.

Today he was wearing regular jeans and a green hoodie. His shoes were a little more worn looking.

Ambrosias looked up then and saw their charge. “Morning, Jacob, did you sleep well?”

At the voice Aubrey turned around; Jacob backed up a few feet, attempting to hide in the shadows. That wasn’t Aubrey at all!

As if sharing a silent thought, Aubrey walked over to him and crouched in front of him…still keeping a little distance between them.

“Its me, Aubrey. I’m wearing a glamour. You don’t need to fear me.”

As if to make his point clearer, he took off his glasses and showed them to Jacob.

Jacob looked the glasses over. “But you weren’t wearing glasses yesterday.” In the same moment, his fast- working brain brought something else to his attention. And he cocked his head to the side. “What’s a glamour? Is it like putting on makeup?”

Aubrey shook his head. "Not exactly. This is a wizard glamour. I’m changing my appearance…its like wearing a magical costume. In this ‘costume’ my name is Harry Potter… the boy who lived.”

At this, Severus snorted and Ambrosias rolled his eyes.

“People wear costumes to hide…who are you hiding from?”

"I’m not hiding, just the opposite. Unfortunately among magic kind, I’ve become a hero. Or rather Harry Potter is a hero…but that was before I found out who I really was. Almost nothing would make me happier then to shed this costume, but because I’m a hero, I have to stay visible…if Harry Potter were to dissapear or die, all hope would die with him. I have to play to them to keep up morale."

“But why, who tried to kill you?”

Harry was already getting tire of crouching so he sat on the floor and crossed his legs under him.

"A very evil wizard called Moldy Voldy killed Harry Potter’s parents with a curse…a very evil curse. By some miracle, I didn’t die that night. Around that time there was a fortune teller who made a prophesy stating that a baby would be born that would defeat the evil wizard. Now around that time, another baby was born a day before me. His name was Neville. Now that prophesy could have involved either me or Neville. Moldy Voldy heard about it, and went after me. But because of his mother’s love, the curse rebounded off at me and hit the bad wizard."

"So you see, if Harry Potter were to die, then the bad wizard may go after Neville. And lets just say he’s not very good at defending himself. So in a way, I’m keeping him safe because of what I’m doing. Can you understand what I’m saying?"

Jacob nodded.

Aubrey smiled at him. “Don’t worry about Moldy Voldy coming after you. Hogwarts is very safe. Now, how about we get something to eat, we’ve got to be at Kings Cross Station in a matter of hours. Oh and you’ve got to keep who I really am a secret, okay? I don’t want anyone but my closest friends to know that I’m really Aubrey Snape. Can you do that for me?”

Jacob nodded and then took the hand that Aubrey held out for him and was pulled to his feet. Ambrosias smiled at him and then handed him a bag of crips. "This’ll hold you over till we get to a restaurant, in the meantime we need to get your trunk packed."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3 hours later

Kings Cross Station

Platform 9 ¾

“That’s a brick wall.”

“Only to your eyes. I thought the same thing the first time I went through. All you have to do is run right through it.

“Are you sure I won’t get hurt?”

"I’m positive. Go on, Darcy is waiting on the other end. You won’t get lost…but we might miss the train if we linger here much longer. Id suggest taking a running start. I’ll be right behind you."

Jacob looked back at the brick wall…and hesitated.

He had no reason to distrust his guardians… Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and ran at the wall…and passed through it!

As promised, Darcy was there waiting for him, .

Darcy grinned at him. "Nice to see you made it through, now come on, the trains gonna depart soon. If we don’t hurry, we won’t find an empty compartment."

A second later, Aubrey came through with his own trunk followed. As a group, they walked up to the first car and put their trunks up on the side and hurried up the steps and picked out an empty compartment half way down the train.

It didn’t take long for them to be joined by two other girls.

"Ginny, how did you find us?" Harry asked looking surprised.

The redhead frowned as if the thought had just occurred to her. “I don’t know…I just knew….”

“Who’s the firstie?” asked Hermione a second later as Jacob scooter closer to Harry’s side.

"This is Jacob. He’s for all intents and purposes my cousin. I’m going to be taking him under my wing and help him settle into school.”

"I’ve got aspugers syndrome.” Jacob blurted out. “I don’t like being around people…” then he trailed off looking at his shoes.

To his surprise, the girl that called her self Hermione knelt in front of him. "It’s okay, Jacob. A cousin of mine has it and she’s a brilliant artist. What subjects do you like?”

"I like science but I’m not good at math, its so complicated…I want to learn chemistry…but it has too many big words and my teachers went to fast…I like animals too…and reading!"

Hermione grinned at him. “What sorts of reading, mysteries?”

"I like stories about knights and dragons! But I know they’re not real. I wish they were! It would be brilliant!”

Ginny smiled at him. “Oh but they are! One of my brothers, Charlie, works at a dragon reserve in Romania.”

That one statement launched the three of them into a discussion that lasted them through the arrival of the trolley cart and through a plethora of choclate frogs, pumkin pasties and a round or two of butter beers.

All the while Harry and Darcy discussed plans for the upcoming year. This would prove to be an interesting year.


-Meanwhile at Hogwarts-

It was night and Stella stood waiting at the gates of the castle, illuminated by moonlight that made her a dazzling sight. As if sensing her nearby, Ambrosias materialized and began walking towards her.

With a tone of delight, that sounded bery much like tinkling bells, she all but danced to him and allowed him to swing her in his arms and then he was kissing her…and then bit her.

Now, had they been teenagers, this could have led down a different path, but being that they both were vampires…or rather half vampires, this was merely a sign to other vampires that she was his.

When he released her from his hold, she kissed him again and then cocked her head, hearing a train whistle in the distance.

“Here comes the express.”

A moment later, her boyfriend and mate- to- be heard the whistle as well. “Then come, my chosen, accompany me to the black lake, I have something important to do.”

“Anything I can do to be of help?”

"Not unless you can transform into a bat. The idea is to give young Mason a feeling of security. This is the first time that he’ll be alone with the other firsties. He feels very uncomfortable, just me landing on his shoulder might help him relax.”

As silently as a wisp of air they made their way to edge of the lake and waited like shadows for the boats to arrive.

They didn’t have long to wait. Upon hearing the boats creak under the weight of the children, he handed off his cloak to Stella and with a parting kiss and a promise to be there in the great hall waiting for her, he transformed into a bat and took flight.


Jacob was very nervious. The teens had told him that he’d be in the great hall to see him sorted. The process had been explained to him before they departed to train. But still, he was nervous. He looked out fearfully on the water as they left the shore. Then his eyes saw the breathtaking look of the ancient magical castle as it loomed closer and closer to them.

“Snake!”

Suddenly the boat shifted and a loud shriek split the silence that had fallen over them. Jacob looked down and saw his familiar peaking out from other the sleeve of his robe.

“No, its okay. He’s my familiar. He’s not poisonous, I promise!”

“Keep it away from me!”

:what’s her problem?: Emme hissed.

:she’s afraid of snakes, apparently. Maybe you shouldn’t show yourself to her, the whole boat might tip over: he answered.

Silence ruled once again, every eye was turned on him and he could once again feel his heart beating out of control.

“He’s one of them!” the girl hissed. “A dark wizard!”

Jacob wanted to hide but just as he began to back away, he could hear a soft whisper of wings. And he looked up to see a small shadow hovering over him. He looked up to see a black bat.

He smiled. He didn’t know how, but he knew it was his guardian. The bat landed on his shoulder and rubbed its head against his ear.

"You really are a freak." The girl continued. "First you speak to snakes and now bats are drawn to you.”

Jacob didnt ‘bother answering her. Instead he quieted and once again turned his gaze to the looming castle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
I thought this was a good place to end the chapter. The sorting will take place in the next chapter as well as the reappearance of two very important females.

please leave reviews!
The Sorting by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
I want to first thank everyone who is still reading this story and have reviewed. you have no idea how good it feels to knwo that people are still interested in your stories.

this story is going to get a bit more complicated seeing as how Aubrey has taken up his former identity. From now I will refer to him as Harry when ever they are at school unless the Snapes are talking in private. I really hope I don't confuse everyone.

any italicized words between the colons are words spoken in snake language. so the s' will be drawn out a bit.

Lastly, Characters, locations and anything else you recognize belong to JK Rowling. The plot and all OC's are my property. I am making no money from this story.

Enjoy!

Jacob accepted the hand offered to him and stepped onto the harbor. The bat rubbed against his cheek and then took off. A moment later the tiny snake hissed from his hiding place that was just inside his cloak next to the wand.

:Hessss gone to his mate, but he promissssessss he’ll be watching over you...asss will I.:

“Firs years this way!” said the giant man holding the lantern. Jacob was right behind him.



Ambrosial landed next to Stella and kissed her on the cheek. “Shall we join the crowds Milady?”

Stella grinned and excepted his arm before he led her to the Slytherin table.

Harry and Darcy grinned at them. The happy couple graces us with their presence. You almost missed the sorting.”

Stella sighed melodramaticly as Ambrosias helped her into her seat. “Parish the thought! We’d never miss such a momentous occasion!”

Aubrey rolled his eyes as both vamps took their seats. Darcy was in his own world, for there at the Ravenclaw table was Hermione, who was now looking at the entrance hall were the young first years were shuffling towards the front where the stool and hat now sat.

Harry saw this and nudged Darcy back to reality. He started for a moment and then blushed. Harry rolled his eyes as the sorting began.

Jacob could hear his heart pounding in his ears. He didn’t want to be apart from his rescuers! As each name was called he got more and more nervous. What if he got sorted into Gryffindor! Then no one would be there to help him! He started rocking on his feet as panic started to take him over. Just then he felt his familiar licking his wrist. He looked down as the little snake wrapped around his wrists hissing soothingly at him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Mason, Jacob?”

The Muggle-born looked up before shuffling towards the stool. The moment the hat was on his head, a voice spoke in his ear.

“You need not fear me young man. I’m a magic hat. I’m only here to sort you.”

Jacob nodded silently.

“You’ve an average mind but lots of potential and desire to learn more. Ravenclaw would be my first choice. Yet, your attitude and demeanor shout Slytherin. Your ability toward speaking Parcelmouth would never be understood by the other students. Therefore you’d thrive in the house of Snakes.”

“I want be in Slytherin, that’s where Aubrey and Darcy are. I’d feel better with them...even though Hermione is very nice to me...and shes in Ravenclaw.”

“I see your point. Very well, Better be SLYTHERIN!”

Jacob grinned in relief before putting the hat on the stool and running over to the Slytherin table where he sat next to Harry.


Up at the staff table, Severus sighed in relief. At least his sons could look after the boy, he didn’t know what would have done if he’d gone to another house.

Minerva gave Severus a look. “I didn’t know you you cared so much for children. Is there something I should know?”

Her fellow teacher nodded and then cast a non-verbal privacy spell. “He’s got special needs. He’s not mentally incompetant but he may have difficulty taking information in and retaining it. Now that he’s in my house, I’ll be able to assist him."

The lioness nodded and filed that bit of information in. “Why wasn’t this mentioned during the staff meeting this morning?”

Severus was quiet. "No idea. My guess would be that the headmaster feared Mason would be treated like he was mentallyretarted...so instead of explaining it to us in detail, he just glossed over it and then sent me to retrieve him. Lucky for the boy, I read his file just before my sons and I left for our holiday. He has what the muggles call autism. We must be vigilant and keep an eye on him, Jacob may tend to be easily overwhelmed by too much going on at once. If he does, he may need to be taken outside the classroom for a few minutes to calm down. If things get bad enough, you can summon Harry to come assist. Though I doubt it’ll get that bad.”

Minerva nodded. “Thank you for letting me know.”

Severus only nodded and canceled the spell. Minerva was the only teacher on staff that he ever trusted with such personal information.


While all of this was going on, the sorting continued. The girl that had mocked Jacob earlielr was sitting on the stool. For the first time, Harry got a good look at her. She was a bit taller then him and had straight blonde hair with a haughty expression. Her blue eyes were looking at him with disdain and it was such that he found himself all but burrowing himself into Harry’s side.

“GRYFFINDOR!"

Harry smiled and put a comforting arm around his charge and then withdrew it as the last student was sorted. Once Dumbledore rose to his feet every eye was on him. Jacob listened intently as the warning about the forbidden forest was given and about the parts of the castle that were off limits to student....but his ears perked up when the headmaster waved his arms, said some funny words and then just like that, food magicly appeared before him!

His eyes widened and he looked up at Aubrey. “Is all this for me?”

Aubrey chuckled. “Eat your fill, but try not to overdo it. Professor Snape will provide stomach soothers after the feast.”

That was all it took for him to dive in.

As they ate, Harry heard a soft his in his ear. :that unsssavory girl might be trouble...bewaresssss:

:I know....I haven’t missssssed anything...ssssshe remindssss me of another Gryffindor who thinkssss I’m evil becausssse I sssspeak to ssssnakesss.:

:Parsssel mouth issss a gift....not everyone can sssspeak it:

Harry nodded. :Itssss beacusssse Voldemort can ssspeak it.:

Emme hissed loudly making several students next to him jump.

:That evil one makessss usss all look bad. The ssssoner he’sss dead, the better:

Harry could only nod as the snake went silent.

Beside him, Jacob closed his eyes savoring the food. He’d never had food this good!

When the welcoming speech was done and the students dissmissed for the night, Harry and Ambrosias walked with Jacob between them with Darcy and Stella following from behind them. Jacob felt much safer now then he’d done before. He thought he might even begin to enjoy his lessons.

That is until the girl from before whom he learned was named Leslie Fielding appeared. She was speaking loudly to another first year.

"Did you see that boy from Slytherin? He was practically rocking back and forth...though I don’t know why they let that retard in this school...I guess we’ll have to put up with him till the men in white coats come and take him back to the asylum." 

Jacob’s face flushed and he tried to hide in Harry’s robe. Darcy was ready to say something when Ginny showed up walking beside the rude first year and grabbed the back of her robes. The girl spun around and looked up with trepidation at the older girl with fiery red hair. “I would watch my mouth around here if I were you. Making fun of another student that has done nothing wrong to you brings shame on our house. If you keep it up. I will tell the nearest prefect. Am I perfectly clear?”

Leslie wasn’t to be intimidated. "Why should I listen to you? You’re not a prefect.”

“But I am.” Hermione said as she stood next to Ginny. "I have excellent hearing, Ms Fieldling. And what you said was abominable. 20 points from Gryffindor.”

That was enough to make the girl blush and hurry away. When she was gone, Harry flashed Ginny and Hermione a grateful smile and then ushered Jacob the rest of the way to the dungeons. Ginny smiled back at him and then walked with Hermione out of the hallway.

Jacob breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed once again feeling the reassuring squeeze on the shoulder Harry gave him. "Don’t worry I’m going to look after you. If you have any more problems you can tell us.”

He flashed a grin at his protectors. This school might not be so bad at all.

When they got to the common room, Harry and Ambrosias sat on a couch with their adopted cousin sitting between them. They all looked up when Snape’s office door opened and the proud man appraoched with his cloak billowing out behind him.
Jacob chuckled softly to himself. Harry noticed and put a hand over his charges’ mouth. Severus only looked at him and then addressed his house.

"For those of you just starting out, welcome to Slytherin house. Before you all proceed up to the dorms, I wish to lay down a few ground rules." 

"Slytherin is a proud house no matter what other students may say. You will do well to conduct yourself accordingly. We are a family here and we will all strive to study hard and look out for each other. Starting tomorrow, every one of you first years will submit to a yearly exam in the hospital wing. This in non-negotiable.

For all of you first through third years, there will be a mandatory curfew. I will do a head count every night at precisely 10 pm and if I find anyone of you out of your beds, you will be given detention.”

The same rule applies to everyone else. For all of you older students, the curfew will be midnight. During the night, none of you will be permitted to leave the dungeons unless it’s with me. Should any one of you become sick you will find me or a prefect and you’ll be escorted to the hospital wing."

"Lastly, as your head of house, I will hold you all accountable for your grades. There is no excuse for any of you to get poor marks. Should any of you need help in any of your classes seek out help from the older students...during school hours my office is open to all students."

“That is all, you may go to your dorms now.”


Once all the students were gone, Snape exhaled softly and turned to his bedroom. It would be a long night. When he got in, he closed the door and pulled out the letter he had received earlier from his pocket and smiled.

He disrobed and changed into a comfortable set of Muggle sweatpants and sat back in his wing backed chair. A moment later, he opened the missive and with a private grin he read the message.

My dearest Severus,

 

I have returned to Hogsmead and taken up my job at the Three broomsticks. While away in Ireland, I found I had come into a rather modest inheritance which includes a small manor not far from Hogwarts. I would have come and greeted you today but that I was not quite settled into it. So much to be done to make it livable! But, perhaps this weekend you can come for a visit so we can make up for lost time. Much has happened during our trip to reunite with our clan. When you come for a visit, I will tell you all about it.

Yours forever,

Bridgett.

Severus smiled closed his eyes as a cup of tea was brought to him. Life was definitely looking better for him and his sons.

To be continued...
End Notes:
there we have it; another chapter. Please leave nice reviews for me!

oh and if any of you know how to put missives on that brownish square, please let me know!
The Unexpected Visitors by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
In order to make certain events in this chapter plausible, I had to go back and make minor changes to Severus' back story.

Please leave non flamitory reviews!

 


That Same Night

The Slytherin dorms were very quiet. While everyone else was fast asleep, a meeting was taking place in the common room. It wasn’t yet midnight so they weren’t breaking any rules.

“Aubrey, please take the glamor off, I’m getting a headache from it.” Ambrosias said rubbing his eyes. Next to the twin sat his vampire mate- to- be. Stella. She appeared to be affected by the magic too. To their eyes it was like seeing two versions of Aubrey blend together, and they found it pretty disorienting. When the spell was canceled, both vamps breathed a sigh of relief.

“I really wish you didn’t have to take up that phoney moniker again." Darcy said frowning at his friend.

“Well, if I had a choice I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I’m not about to cause the wide-spread panic for the sake of my own comfort...or yours.”

“How very Gryffendor-ish of you, brother.” Darcy said with a look of disdain. “Why should you risk your neck for these people? What has this Wizarding world done for you? I know how you feel about everyone staring at you and falling at your feet. You once told me that you hated all the attention you get from something you did as a baby. By all rights you should be able to throw off this facade and be Aubrey Snape and not Harry Bloody Potter.”

Aubrey sighed. “Yeah, but if it were revealed that I’m not the real Harry Potter, then Neville Longbottom would be the logical target. He was born just a few days ahead of me. And we’ve all seen how well he does in defense class. He’d not survive for more then a minute, and that’s if he runs.”

Darcy’s eyes lit up. “Maybe that’s it. With all of us teaching him he’d be up to snuff in no time. Then he could take up the role and you’d be free of it.”

Aubrey looked at his best friend. “Look I’ve been through a lot and its more then Neville could handle. I wouldn’t wish it on any of you least of all Longbottom.”

Not far from them, hidden in the darkness of the stair case, Theodore Knott’s eyes widened. He backed away slowly and headed up to his dorm room. His father would want to hear of this immediately!

At the same moment, both vamps stood to their feet and hissed softly. Making the spy flinch and head back up the stairs as quiietly as he could.

The rest of the group looked at their friends in surprise and then a second later, Kelly came into the common room. She noted the stress on Ambrosius and Stella’s faces.

She herself looked really happy, though she tried to hide it behind her concern. “What’s going on?”

“Our coven is...we must go.” In the next second, they sped out of the common room at unnatural speed. In minutes they were out on the grounds and soon found their coven surrounding two men who were both leveling weapons of their own.

They soon joined ranks with their brethren and stared with avid curiosity at the strangely dressed men.

“Who are you!” demanded Darius (the head of the coven) “You’ve invaded protected grounds. State your purpose, stranger.”

The older of the two men, was of obvously Irsih decent and had a well groomed head of brown hair that came down to his neck and a  beard to match. He was of average height and dressed in aged trousers and a green jerkin over a white shirt. A golden madallion around his neck. Finishing it all off was well worn traveling boots. He stood calmly as though he was certain he'd be unharmed.. “We are not your enemies, I’m Turlough and I come at the behest of Tierney head of our clan...to meet one Severus Snape.”

“Snape is my father.” Ambrosius stated. “It’s the middle of the night, he’ll be fast asleep. What do you want with him?”

“To inspect him. Bridgett is of our clan and I'm responsible for her. He is courting her and I’ve come to judge his worthiness. How is it you’re his son. I was not aware that he was a Bithbheo.”

Hearing the strange name, Ambrosius looked to Darius.

“Severus isn’t a vampire. His son was bitten by a rouge and turned. But he’s only half a vampire. His magical core prevented it. Why do you come here in the middle of the night?”

"Because this is where he lives. If he wishes to court his love, he must pass my standards. Its the way of our clan...and he must put up with me.” Here he grinned with amusement. "I shall see just what ingrediants this teacher of potions is made of.”

“You come at Bridgett's behest?” Said a silky voice that made Ambrosius turn.

Severus looked steadily at the Irishmen.

A few moments passed as the two men looked at each other.

“No, at the behest of our clan leader. Bridgett and her daughter came to us and was welcomed into our clan. Our leader has invoked his right to test the heart and meddle of the man she has chosen. You shall not be allowed to bind yourself to her until I am satisfied that you are worthy of her.”

“She said nothing of this to me. I am not a man to be trifled with. Prove you are who you say you are.”

“He’s telling the truth sir.” came a new voice. They all turned to see Kelly who was warmly wrapped in her thick green cloak and matching boots. She was not alone, for both Draco and Aubrey walked behind her, wands at the ready.

Snape put a hand on her shoulder. “You knew of this, young lady?”

Kelly nodded as she walked toward the young man. “They’re from my people. Mum tried to dissuade them from coming, she felt the courtship guidelines were unnecessary for her.”

“She went through the cleansing rituals and is a brand new member of our clan. Therefore, her relationship with you is new as well, before I allow her to be ‘courted’ by you, you must prove yourself to me first. Only then, will you have the blessing of our clan and be acknowledged by us.”

Severus was stunned by the little speech. He finally nodded in acceptance and then looked at the other boy standing by the irishman. Unlike his companion, he was dressed in a black button up shirt and trousers aroudn his neck he wore a madalion with a varrying crest on it. Also, this boy was about Aubrey’s ane and had shaggy brown hair with reddish looking highlights. Like the other boys he stood ready with a sword infront of him, as if waiting for an attack. But his eyes were on Kelly and a smile was tugging at the corners of his lips. “And who is this young man?”

“I am Bryan.” he said never taking his eyes from Kelly. “I am already a man in the sight of my kinsmen...we will be bonded as soon as she comes of age.” Saying this he looked his love in the eyes. Why do you hide the mark I gave you?”

Severus flinched hearing that his student had been marked.

“You marked her?”

Darius shook her head. “Not that kind of mark. This is an intimate one...I sense no evil on her.”

Kelly blushed and mimed a sweep in front of her forehead. Instantly a shimmery golden brown tattoo appeared. It looked like a upside down tiara with an intricate woven design.

With a glance at his own son and student, they lowered their wands. Then he turned to the visitor. “I’m a private man. If you would, I would continue this conversation in my quarters.”

The older man inclilned his head and followed with everyone following behind them.

When the other’s had turned to leave, Bryan held his beau close and gently kissed her marking. “It is nothing to be ashamed of, by bride, it only brings out the inner beauty inside you.”

kelly was speechless as the kiss continued down from her marking to her jaw and then her lips. They stayed this way reafirming their love for eachother. When the moment passed, they parted but held hands as they followed to where Ambrosias and Stella waited for them.

With a glance at the other vamps they escourted the other couple to the castle.

Once they had entered into his sitting room,and had all found a seat, Severus called for Winky. “What can Winky get for you and your guests Master?”

“Butter Beers for the children and A bottle of oak matured mead.”

Winky will bring them right up. Potion master snape!” Then she was gone.

“You own a house elf?” Bryan asked incredulously.

Snape nodded. “Only for her own saftey. After her last master freed her, she was in constant mourning. Drinking everynight until she couldn’t move. I was constantly giving her hangover remedies....but that’sall it did. The only way to stop her was to bind her to myself.”

While they waited Severus turned to look at kelly and then at Turlough. So what is the mark she bears.” Kelly blushing from embarassment curled into bryans side and he put a protective arm around her.

When the two men gave him an inquisitive look. He spoke in reassuring tones. "I’m her head of house as well as her teacher. I’m sworn to look after her while she’s at school.”

Bryan nodded in acceptance.

"'Tis a mark of betrothal. It shows that she’s been chosen. When given in love, it also offers her protection.I infused some of my magic into it, she can’t be harmed while she bears it. Niether curse or hex can touch her...and if she were to be physicly attacked, I’ll know about it the moment it happens. Its not as strong as marriage bonds, but in times of strong emotional upheaval, I can sense exactly what she feels.

“He gave her a chaste kiss.” It’s how I learn her and everything she needs.” Kelly blushed a deeper red and he chuckled softly at her.

Just then, Winky appeared with another elf with a tray of the cold drinks and frosted mugs, charmed to keep the liquids cool. They all thanked the elves and the diminuative creatures dissapperated with a crack.

Severus gave his student another look.

"That’s a quick betrothal period, only a week? Surely they would need more then a week to be sure of their feelings for each other."

The irish man nodded. "That’s another reason for our coming here. Our clan has a tridition. While its true that he’s marked her as his, our clan demands that they may nod enter marital bonds or rituals till a full year has passed. It’s to be sure that the marrage wasn’t coerced because of an unexpected pregnancy or on a whim. Divorce is looked down upon by our people. Once you and your beloved make that commitment the both of your are bound to it for the rest of your lives. The same will go for you and Bridget as well. We will both be about till the full year is up."

Severus grimaced. He’d have to be scrutinized for an entire year? Still Bridget was his love now, she was definitely well worth the potential headache that this ritual would cause.

He looked at Turlough. “Very well, what must I do to satisfy your clan’s demands?”

You must comply with a clensing ritual. "It's a way to start fresh, then you must once again, declare your intentions to Bridget and I. Then the one year trail will begin. During the year, I will be keeping an eye on you. When you two interact I shall watch from a distance.

Severus blanched. “You can’t be serious?”

Aubrey was doing his best to hide his snicker.

“I couln’t be more serious. Courtship is taken very seriously among us. Are you still willing to go through with the rituals?

Severus frowned. Of course, but only for Bridget. "Tell me, can this bathing ritual of yours get rid of all types of impurity?”

The men scrutinized eachother. It depends on the impurity. If you be hiding anything of Evil’s caress, you’d best let me know now before this goes any further.”

Severus sighed. "In my youth I was quite foolish. I joined a group of other equally misguided youths in a club, known as the death eaters. I’ve never regretted one act so much. My late wife and son paid for my sins. They were both killed when Lusicous destroyed my cover."

While he spoke these words he took of his teaching robes, down to his own button down shirt and pulled back the sleve on his left arm. Revealing the mark.

“I’ve never wanted to be rid of this mark more then I do now. I would do anything to banish it.”.

Turlough examined it. “And you’ve renounced this Dark Lord?”

“A thousand times over. Can it be done?”

The irish man gently probed the mark...sensing everything about it.”

"This was made by dark magic.. its not like a Muggle tattoo. It can be unmade by white magic. That you would willingly speak of it now, infront of everyone does much to reassure me of your worthiness. It must be done infront of both me and yer bonny lass. It works best at night when it’s more private.”

Tommorow night. "I wish to be clensed as soon as possible. I’m not patrolling then. I can get one of the other staff to watch over my students while i’m gone.”

Severus allowed himself a yawn. If you wouldn’t mind, I would like to turn in. I still have a day of teaching ahead of me. I will have to inform the headmaster, of these changes.

Bryan chuckled softly and so did the Irishman. "That’s taken care of...Dumbdledore already knows of me being here." 

Severus looked dumbstuck. Surely you jest!"

Turlough’s eyes sparkled. "Not at all. As we speak, he’s having a spare room in your so called Room of Requirement prepared for our stay." 

Severus cursed softly.

Now that he thought of it, that old codger would have made himself known by now. The castle had been intruded by two strangers....

Damn that crusty old man!

The irish man laughed with merriment.

It was going to be a long year....words would be had when morning came.

He frowned at his kids who looked just as shocked as he.

They all shook their heads as they had no idea this was going to happen. “You all need to be in bed, its past your curfew.”

They were headed for the door in mere seconds.

As the other’s departed for the boy’s dorms, Bryan pulled Kelly close and kissed her again before holding her close. He spoke now in their clan's language. " I’ll be awaiting you in the morning, my love."

Kelly had tears in her eyes. "I’m so sorry for hiding my mark. it’ll not happen again. She replied in the same dialect.

Bryan kissed the mark again causing it to glow just a little bit. “Real love holds no records of wrongs. Now, go sleep, you’ve got schooling tomorrow.” His rich accent captured her heart even more then the first time she’d heard it. And she kissed him back.

“Till morning, my warrior.”

He grinned. “May St. Bridget guard your dreams.”

Severus cleared his throat breaking up another kiss and grinning sheepishly she hurried to her own dorm.

He shook his head and turned to lead the two men to the third floor

To be continued...
End Notes:
Yeah, I know...poor Severus. *wicked grin*
The Cleansing Ritual by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I thought I'd go ahead and put it up.

I know nothing of formal cleansing rituals...I made it up.
This chapter as you may have guessed is Severus-centric.

The next afternoon, after the last of the classes were over, Snape hurried, with Turlough following, to the Three Broomsticks. Upon entry, he searched the pub for his beloved.

There, in the corner, he spied her. Since she still worked here, he expected to see her serving up drinks, and so was surprised to see her sitting by herself nursing some kind of drink. She also looked as though she hadn't slept in a while. It had been the first time since she and her daughter had left that he'd lain eyes on her. 


She was still as ethereally beautiful as ever, even with the dark circles under her eyes. Those were something easily remedied, but her mind was another matter.

Surely just the arrival of her kinsmen hadn't made her turn to drink so easily?

He took a deep breath and walked as calmly as he could over to her table and tapped her on the shoulder.

She looked up and her hand went for her wand...then she faltered seeing him.

"Severus?"

"Perhaps we'd best have this discussion away from prying eyes?"

Bridget snorted and looked with derision and the man behind Snape. "Fat chance of that. Not with the chaperones you brought with you.."

Sighing Severus turned. "I would like to have some privacy. I swear to you on my honor, that I'll not take advantage of her till the bonding ceremony. I'll take the wizard's oath if I must."

"You have twenty minutes. This will be a test of trust."

Severus nodded his head and then led her up the stairs to the loft.

When they were alone and a privacy charm had been cast, Bridget sat heavily in the high backed chair and put her head in her hands. She inhaled harshly when Severus lifted her chin with his finger.

"Talk to me, Love. You can tell me anything."

"I don't want you to have to go all this length just for me. Having to endure the celibacy, to have a chaperone all the time, I can't have any intimacy with you. I don't want to sleep alone anymore. You shouldn't have to do all this to satisfy my family."

Severus leaned forward and kissed her lips. When he pulled back, he looked into her eyes. "There is a difference between intimacy and sex, We may not bed each other, but we'll still have plenty of intimatecy."  Briget sighed.

Severus took her hand in his. "I've been alone for a long time. I've never been truly happy till I allowed myself to see you as more then then Kelly's parent. The arrival of your kinsmen was unexpected, and I'm not looking forward to the enforced abstinence either, but for you, I'll endure it. You're worth it...I want to be with you for the rest of my life. And if that means I must go through this ritual cleansing and satisfy the traditions of your clan, then I'll do it." He kissed her gently and then whispered. "We've both been alone for many years in our own misery. It'll be over before we know it."

Bridgett nodded still sniffling and Severus handed her his handkerchief. When she'd wiped her face, he kissed her again. "Now come, lets go get some dinner. Tonight's the cleansing ritual, and I hoped you would be there to support me."

When she frowned, he added. "This is my chance to finally rid myself of the Dark Mark. By ridding myself of it, there will be no way for HIM to find me."


 Later that night, as the moon shone brightly on the waters of The Black Lake, the Snape family stood waiting along with all the others that loved him. Included within the group was Minerva and Dumbledore. Professors Sprout, and Flickwick were on duty that night.

They'd only been there for a few minutes when Bryan passed by wafting a smudge stick to cleanse the area. When he'd completed the last full turn he turned and stood still awaiting Turlough and Severus to enter the circle.

No one had to wait long, for a minute or two later, the two men approached. Severus wore a pure white tunic and lose fitting pants. His hair hung around his face and his eyes were downcast. He had to fight the urge to run. He never liked it when people stared, but as the ritual had been explained. The people that loved him were neccesary to the cleansing ceremony.

Turlough stopped at the waters edge and waited as Bryan wafted the smudge stick around them and then led Severus into the water.

When the both of them were hip deep in the water, the thick bodied Irishman spoke loudly.

"Tonight, we gather here to preform an ancient rite. Though Severus was not born into the tribe, he has decided to submit himself to the laws of our clan. One of these is a rite of cleansing which shall remove all traces of dark magic that has bound him to evil." 

"This mark has been carefully examined by myself and we've found a way to remove it. That is the reason we have called you all here tonight. Before we begin, i will give anyone who is not here of their own choice to leave now, before we close the circle."

After several moments had passed, Turlough continued.

"Dark magic, fuled by hate, was used to brand our friend and brother. White magic will purge him of it. Therefore, I command you all to look deep inside yourself and focus soley on your pure love for Severus Snape and allow it to surround you and fill you. Once you have done so, come and join us in the water...and form a circle, holding hands."

Severus tried so hard to look anywhere but at his family. He seriously hated being the center of attantion. He looked down at his bare forearm...he hated his mark more. Anything to rid himself of it.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of, Severus." Turlough said as Ambrose, and Aubrey entered the water and joined hands. "This is your family. In our clan, the bond is forever...love is what makes family...and I can feel it very strongly in these people. Especially the young one. I believe his name was Jacob?"

 

"Jacob, he's my ward. I'm his guardian for now."

Turlough nodded as he watched the boy enter the water with Darcy and Lord Valendil. Minerva and Dumbledore walked in. Lasty, Bridget and Kelly entered, both shining with an intense purity. They each joined the circle.

Lastly, Bryan walked towards them. As he approached them, he made a final circle wafting his smudging stick again, until he'd made a complete circle and then entered into the middle. Turning and tying off the ring with an eternity knot. When that was done, Turlough held out his hand and Severus placed his hand in the older man's. Bryan looked them both in the eye and then added his hand to the two.

When at last it was complete, Turlough spoke again.

"The circle is complete. Now, with your thoughts focused soley on Severus, send your thoughts of love to us." 

Turlough faced Severus and spoke in a serious tone. "Severus Tobias Snape, do you now, in front of all these witnesses and family hereby denounce the Death Eaters, their Master, and all facets of the dark road?"

Severus nodded. "I do."

"Will you also, to the best of your ability, vow to love your family, support your friends and chose light over darkness for the rest of your days?"

Severus nodded again. "I hearby vow all of these and will teach my children and students to do the same."

"And lastly, do you now, in front of your family, as the head of your household accept our clan, promise to abide by our laws and come to the aid of the clan, should it become neccesary?"

Severus nodded. "I swear on my magic that I will."


Turlough smiled at Severus. "Then kneel."

Severus did so never taking his eyes from the older man except when he scooped some water in his hand and poured it over his head. He did this two more times and then held out his hand.

As he rose to his feet, Turlough smiled at him graciously. "Check your arm."

Hardly daring to believe it, he did as he was told...and to his great surprise and pleasure, it was gone! his skin was as pure and soft as the day he was born! He touched and prodded his arm and then looked up barely holding back his tears.

The older man looked just as overjoyed but kept his own smile at bay.

"Welcome to the Hazel Eyes clan, Severus. I see you as a new member of our clan. Now, while we all stand here, I say to you that I've found your worthy and may now, if you so chose to make your intentions known."


Bridget was blushing and she found she could barely hold her head up. Severus turned to her and held out his hand. Only hesitating a moment, she accepted it and was drawn into the center circle. Bryan took her place in the outer ring.

Severus smiled at her and then looked at Turlough. "It is my intention, to court Brigett...with your permission as her guardian...and bestow a band of protection on her."

Turlough grinned at them both and nodded.

Severus looked back at Bridgett, his love for her giving him more courage then he ever felt in his life. He held both her hands in his.

"Bridgett, though you didn't want it, you are very much worth it. I've wandered around these 15 years, a devistated man. I never thought I'd ever feel loved again. But you've changed that...all of it. One more year will seem but a day. I want to do this, it will be like experiencing love anew. Will you wait for me?"

Bridgett blinked away a tear and nodded. "I never thought I'd deserve this, but you've given me new hope. I love you...and I can't wait to be bonded to you."

Severus gave her a rare smile and kissed her forehead. "I love you." she breathed softly.

He kissed her knuckles. "As I love you. Please, my lady, allow me to inscribe my band upon you."

Bridgett lowered her eyes and looked at their entwined hands. Then she nodded. Severus lifted her chin and pressed a kiss to her lips. Then he gently drew his fingers across her forehead, just under the hairline and as he infused some of his magic into her, a slight silvery design almost serpentine in its shape, appeared. He kissed the design and both of them felt warmth rush through them as the magic settled in.

She leaned into kiss him and were interrupted. by Turlough clearing his throat.

"Alright you two break it up. From now on till next year at this time, the courtship is in full effect. Say your goodbyes and Bryan shall escort you back to your home." 

Severus smiled and held her close to him before Bryan held out his hand in invitation. She smiled at him and her eyes shown with warmth and happiness as she was led back to her home.

Severus sighed in happiness and then turned back to his boys who had walked back to the shore. Aubrey held out a towel and a pair of mens sandals. They were identical in their design, though in different sizes. Their thick robes were also identical in color and design. Simple black robes with the Snape family crest in silver

As their father put them on, he looked down to see pride in his son's eyes. He smiled back at him.

"Dad, does this mean we're part of the tribe too?" Asked Aubrey as they began walking.

"Yes, your mine...and you're as much a part of the tribe as I am. Though I'm sure at some point you'll be put through a test before you're declared a man and able to officially declare yours intentions to her father."

Aubrey nodded. "I had intended to go to Mr. Weasley and officially ask to court Ginny. I know that she will be bonded to me one day, because we're already paired, but I want to do it the right way."

Severus looked at his son with pride. "Then you must contact Mr. Weasley and ask to see him."

"Then there's just Ron to worry about. I know he'll pitch a fit."

"So what if he does? You've got the favor of the majority of them already." Ambrosias reminded his twin. "Why should you let house prejudice ruin your relationship?"

Aubrey nodded again. "Your right. I'll contact him in the morning."

To be continued...
End Notes:
So, what do you guys think of it? Please review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2666