Scars of Tomorrow by xVortex of MemoriesX
Summary: “In the end, Fate decided to take matters into its own hands, it decided to give two unlikely allies a single, once in a lifetime chance, a chance to change the future.”
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Misc > Keepers of the Snitch Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Bellatrix, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Flitwick, Fred George, Ginny, Hagrid, Hedwig, Hermione, Lucius, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Petunia, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Tonks, Vernon, Voldemort, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Azkaban Character, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: Slither Back
Challenges: Slither Back
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 15926 Read: 22026 Published: 28 Dec 2011 Updated: 23 Mar 2012
Story Notes:

This is partially in response to the Slither Back challenge by Nightshade sydneylover150 on Potions and Snitches. Some events of Deathly Hallows did not happen as it did in canon but the majority of them did, as will be mentioned in the Prelude. The title of this story comes from a song of the same title by Dragonforce, even though the story does not pertain to that song, and I do not own that song. I hope that you like this story, reviews are much appreciated.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, I never have and I never will. I am only saying this once and I shall not repeat it in later chapters

Prelude by xVortex of MemoriesX
   

            People always speak of how once Fate has decided the destiny of someone, there is no way they can change it.

            However, no one realized that if Fate could decide the destiny of someone then it can change someone’s destiny if it so wished.

            Such is what it decided to do with the lives of two unlikely people.

            In the end, Fate decided to take matters into its own hands.

            It decided to give two unlikely allies a single, once in a lifetime chance.

            A chance to change the future.

------Page Break------

            The Wizarding World was in ruins.

            Many good people had their lives coldly snatched from them during the course of the First and Second Wizarding Worlds.

            Lily and James Potter gave their lives so that their son may live.

            Cedric Diggory died before his life could even begin.

            Sirius Black died at the hands of his insane cousin Bellatrix.

            Dobby the free house elf died saving Hermione Granger’s life.

            Fred Weasley and Colin Creevey were killed defending Hogwarts.

            Remus Lupin died before he could see his son take his first steps.

            Nymphadora Tonks Lupin Died before she could hear her son speak his first words.

            Severus Snape died without knowing that his actions were what ultimately won the war.

            Albus Dumbledore died unable to see the end of the war.

            The survivors find themselves faced with the problem of reconstruction with no idea of how to start.

------Page Break------

            Harry James Potter, the savior of the Wizarding World, the Defeater of Voldemort, the Boy-Who-Lived-Twice.

            Severus Tobias Snape, the Death Eater-turned-Spy, the killer of Albus Dumbledore, the man with the information that ultimately saved the British Wizarding World in the end.

            Two people with a mutual hatred between them that ebbed on the night within the Shrieking Shack; the night Severus Snape died after giving his memories to Harry Potter.

            No one knew but Harry grew to respect Snape after viewing his memories.

            No one knew but, in the last moments of his life, Severus saw Harry as the son of his childhood best friend and only love.

            And it was that moment in time that Fate decided to intervene.

            And it sent one Harry Potter and one Severus Snape back in time, hoping they would be able to change the future.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This is the prelude and the first chapter will be posted as well soon. I hope that you like my first attempt at a time travel story. Reviews, as always are much appreciated.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2727