Happy Meal by shadowienne
Summary: Alternate scenario of the Whomping Willow scene in Third Year. (Not quite drabble – just over 200 words!)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: Remus, Sirius, .Snape and Harry (required), Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic
Takes Place: 4th summer
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Moonlit Madness
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 205 Read: 2601 Published: 10 Feb 2012 Updated: 10 Feb 2012
Story Notes:

Many thanks to autumnamberleaves for the inspiration!

DISCLAIMER: J.K. Rowling owns all things Harry Potter; I own nothing Harry Potter. No copyright infringement is intended.  

Happy Meal by shadowienne

Severus Snape emerged from the Whomping Willow into moonlit chaos.

A grubby man grappled with a struggling armful of bestial fury, which flung him to the ground before three terrified children.

Staring backwards over his shoulder as he fled in panic, a second man slammed blindly into Snape. This coward squeaked upon identifying his obstruction, and the full moon revealed pointed features long familiar to the Head of Slytherin.

"Pettigrew!"

Recoiling from the Potions Master's grasping hand, Pettigrew shrank into his Animagus form and scurried past the cringing children toward the rising moon.

"Wormtail's escaping!" shouted Harry Potter, pointing in despair.

As Snape strode forward, the grubby man transformed into a large black dog, but it was too late to stop the werewolf, who spotted the fleeing rat and snarfed it in a single gulp.

The man in black, the trio of Gryffindors, and the Grim-like canine stared at the drooling werewolf in horror.

"Pr-Professor … did I just see…" whispered Harry, aghast.

Snape replied gratingly, "It appears that Professor Lupin missed his meds tonight."

"But I meant – "

Thrusting his nose moonward, the werewolf howled, a burst of steam escaping his snout when the eerie wail culminated in a pronounced burp.

Improbably, the dungeon bat and the Boy-Who-Lived shared an involuntary, moonlit chuckle.

 

The End.
End Notes:
My comfort zone for a short story (one-shot) or chapter is 3000-8000 words. It was a MAJOR challenge for me to pull off a finished story in under 300 words, so please be gentle if you decide to review!




This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2755