From Green to Red by evelynrosemarks
Summary: Dumbledore believes that they sort to early at Hogwarts, and out of the kindness of his heart gives Severus a second chance at happiness eleven years after the second wizard war. And who else to ensure that happiness but Harry James Potter, himself? (Story takes place a couple months after the original deaging)
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Original Character, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Humor, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Deaging
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 9334 Read: 10666 Published: 26 Feb 2012 Updated: 01 Apr 2012
The Wand Remembers the Wizard by evelynrosemarks
Author's Notes:
I hope you all enjoy the second chapters. The first one's are usually the easiest to write :)

Chapter Two

            Harry could tell that Severus found the car ride to be a little less than enjoyable. The poor boy was turning ash white as they continued and more than once Harry had to ask Serenity to pull over so that they could be certain they wouldn’t be redecorating her tan upholstery with vomit. He sat next to Severus in the back seat, coaxing him to keep his head between his legs until it passed.

“Can I ask you something?” Harry asked softly, stroking the back of Severus’s neck gently.

            The poor boy could merely nod and groan as a brief wave of nausea worked through him.

“How did you make it through refereeing my first year Quidditch game?”

            Severus groaned, who said he had made it through? As soon as the game was over he had excused himself to bed that night. He had taken a potion beforehand to prevent the nausea, but it didn’t last for nearly as long as it had needed to. A fool’s error on Severus’s part he would admit, but it had been his job to protect Harry at the time and he would have given up anything to do so…even his lunch.

“I don’t know…” he whimpered. “I…I can’t talk right now…”

            Harry nodded apologetically and continued rubbing the back of Severus’s neck. If this was how bad it got over just a short car ride, Harry couldn’t imagine the discomfort his, little, potions professor had to go through when it came to refereeing a Quidditch match. It just reminded him why he owed Severus this second chance at protection and happiness.

“Harry love, I have some water,” Serenity said coming around to the back. “How about it, Sev, would you drink some of this for me?”

            Severus looked up at the cold water and swallowed hard. He wasn’t sure he would be able to make it past his mouth. Serenity looked very persistent though so he decided that a small sip couldn’t be that bad. Taking the bottle he took a small swallow and handed it back to her.

“Does that help?” she asked gently.

“A little…” he said in a small voice, leaning against Harry when he felt he could keep his head raised. “Harry…I think that since I feel so bad I should get two books now…”

            Harry smirked and with a snort said, “Yeah, he’s back to normal.”

“So is that a yes?”

            Harry rolled his eyes and helped Severus back into the car. Always a Slytherin, always, it would never cease to amaze him. Though Harry wasn’t one to talk, Severus often said that he would have made a good Slytherin.

“Can’t we walk?” Severus whimpered. “I don’t want to feel sick again.”

“It’s not that much farther, Severus,” Serenity said gently. “How about you and Harry switch seats, perhaps sitting in the front will help.”

            Harry nodded in agreement; he would try anything to make it easier on Severus. He would even let Serenity drive ahead and walk with him on his own. Gently unbuckling his ward’s seatbelt he helped him stand and coaxed him to sit up front with the window slightly open. Sitting in the backseat, he gently reached forward and took Serenity’s one free hand in his own. She was too perfect as a mum… she almost reminded him of his own.

“Alright loves,” she smiled. “Let’s try this again.”

            Pulling away from the curb Harry rubbed his thumb over Serenity’s knuckles as they rejoined the steady moving traffic. His eyes never left Severus though, watching his expression to be sure he was not trying to mask how he was really feeling. It was something they often struggled with. Severus wanted to maintain some of his independence so he chose to hide any weaknesses he might have retained over the years.

“How are you feeling, Sev?” he asked gently.

“I’m okay…” Severus sighed. “It’s not as bad up front.”

“Good,” Serenity said gently. “Then that’s your seat from now on, sorry baby.”

            Harry smirked and sat back, he didn’t mind sitting in the back. He would do anything to make Severus feel better. Looking out the window he smiled as Serenity parked the car about a block from the dusty, old, pub. The parking in London was horrible, really, sometimes he wondered why Serenity even bothered with a car. Harry supposed he was just more accustomed to magical transportation now.

“Alright,” she said placing her car keys in her purse. “Shall we?”

            With a nod Severus got out of the car and looked around. He always felt so out of place in London now. He recalled walked down these streets and scaring the Hell out of all that dared to pass him. Now people more or less just smiled at him. He didn’t understand how he could look so different now, but when he HAD first been eleven, everyone thought he looked poor and…dirty.

“Little one,” Harry called. “Don’t wander too far…come back here please.”

            Severus nodded and went back to Serenity and Harry, walking silently with them as they made their way into the bar. Severus hated the bar…it reminded him far too much of his first home. Of Tobias Snape and his blatant abuse and neglect, Severus hoped he burned in Hell for how he had chosen to treat him and his dear mother. He looked up in shock as Harry took his hand and began pulling him away from the smoky place.

“Your zoning really worries me at times, Severus,” Harry said gently. “You need to try and pay better attention.”

            Well that was more than ironic, that was like God slapping him in the face. Severus felt that he was very coherent, but he wouldn’t argue with Harry right now. He really wanted his wand and he knew that if he misbehaved too much he might get grounded and they would go home. Then Serenity would have to leave and he wouldn’t have anyone to talk to while Harry worked on his own lesson plans. Severus wished he could help, but he didn’t want Harry to get frustrated with him for imposing.

“Okay…we’ll get your wand first,” Harry smiled. “Since I can see you are at risk of exploding with excitement.”

            Severus rolled his eyes, always with the constant dramatics…he could wait…perhaps another ten minutes. After that, though, Severus wasn’t willing to make any promises. He has missed his magic so much that he could just barely stand it.

“Harry, stop teasing him so much,” Serenity scolded. “I am sure that you were probably excited to get your…wand…”

            Serenity really could not compare getting a wand to any experience she had. She was almost a bit envious of Severus and Harry’s gifts. She just felt so bland and normal around them, what she wouldn’t give to be as unique as them. In some regards she felt different; she was the only woman in her entire family to be able to say she was dating and in love with a magical being.

“I was actually uncertain if I was even in reality when Hagrid took me to get mine.”

“I’m pretty sure if anyone had a half giant come to take them school shopping they would think they had gone bonkers.” Severus smirked.

“Half giant?” Serenity repeated. “Care to elaborate, Harry?”

“You’ll meet him soon love,” he said kissing her shoulder. “You are coming to the school to help me set up my classroom right?”

“Are you giving me a choice?” Serenity grinned.

“No,” Harry chuckled. “Not really…I will be very heartbroken if you don’t.”

            Severus rolled his eyes; all of these sweet moments were making his teeth rot. Taking a couple steps ahead of him he began making his way to Olivanders. He wasn’t a baby anymore; he could walk himself from store to store. Honestly, Potter was far too protective…he would have to accept that despite his physical state; he really was forty-nine years old, on occasion anyway. He continued down the street, veering right into the open doors of Olivanders. He didn’t know who owned the store now…as Olivander had been taken by Death Eaters so many years ago and Severus never bothered to inquire what had happened to the old man.

            A sharp stab of guilt hit him in his stomach and he began to back out of the story, when he felt himself slam into someone.

“Whoa, Sev,” Harry smirked. “What are you doing? I thought you wanted your wand.”

“I did…I mean I do…” he breathed. “I just…I didn’t-

-Is that young Harry Potter I hear?” a scratchy voice called. “How long has it been my boy? No…don’t tell me…eleven years since I last saw you, and…seventeen since you came in to get your own wand.”

            Harry smiled at the wands shop owner, he looked old, but that really couldn’t be helped. Everyone aged, but Olivander had already been considerably old when they had first met. Harry was just under the assumption that all wizards had extraordinary long life spans.

“It has been a real long time…I’m here to get a wand for my son now.”

            Olivander eyed Severus and Severus could not help but want to avoid his gaze. Even with short hair he felt that the man before him could recognize him. If someone found out that he was deaged and given to Harry, it would be the end of them. They would try and separate them and Severus would be all alone once more.

“I know you…” Olivander whispered.

“That’s impossible, sir,” Harry said quickly. “I have only brought my son into Diagon Alley a few times. I promise you…the two of you have never met. Now if you don’t mind, my scamp here needs a wand.”

            Severus hoped that the old man would leave it alone. He already felt bad enough for having to torture him as a Death Eater…he really didn’t want Olivander to try and seek revenge on him for his, heinous, past. Severus had more of those people in his life then he cared to ever admit.

“Yes, of course,” Olivander nodded. “Let’s see what the damage is.”

            Olivander flicked his wand and Harry watched as a tape measurer began taking Severus’s arm lengths and height. It was all very specific, and Harry would never understand it. He watched as his ward looked away in mild annoyance. Harry knew better than anyone that Sev didn’t like being poked and prodded in such a way.

“Hmm…perhaps a birch wood…with a dragon heartstring core…let me see…”

            Serenity looked around and glanced back to Severus. He looked very troubled and nervous. She didn’t know why, the Olivander man seemed pretty sweet as far as she was concerned. Serenity wouldn’t put it past herself to be wrong though, she didn’t know Severus’s entire story, only certain segments that Harry and Severus felt the need to fill her in on.

            Going towards the young boy she gently wrapped her arm around him and pulled him close. He was so stiff right now, but Serenity had expected that. She hoped that it wasn’t because he thought she was going to hurt him, Serenity had hoped they had moved past that by now.

“It’s okay sweetheart,” she whispered into his black hair. “You don’t need to be so on edge; Harry and I will protect you.”

            Serenity wasn’t sure what she could do. Maybe if she got in a good range she could send the man’s balls up to have a meet and greet with his tonsils, but that didn’t seem quite as elegant as casting a fancy spell or curse.

“Okay, Mr. Potter,” Olivander said coming back with a black box. “Try this one.”

            Severus looked up at the box and gently took the wand from it. This was…his wand…no, it was REALLY his wand! This was the wand he had lost during the wizarding war, the one that he had been forced to give up when Dumbledore had left the Elder Wand. It vibrated in his hand and the magical bond felt so strong…it was his wand. Tears swelled in his eyes as he felt a tug in his heart. To Severus it almost felt like he had recovered a lost friend.

“It IS you!” the wand shop owner exclaimed. 

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Read and Review...but no flames :)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2767