Lost Connections by R2M
Summary: Eileen Snape. His mother's name. Everyone at the table turned and looked at him as if he knew exactly who she was. Well Severus didn't. But the last thing he needed was for someone to believe he had abandoned his own progeny or that this girl was a cousin or niece or some other crazy notion. - A Severus becomes Harry's guardian story with a side of OC.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character, Tobias Snape
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Family, Mystery
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 14133 Read: 16475 Published: 02 Mar 2013 Updated: 04 Jun 2015
Dinner Trouble by R2M
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay :( Next chapter should be out soon though! My muse is getting re-inspired, although reviews always do help. Let me know especially if there's something specific you want to see. More Harry coming up as well!

"Snape's in a mood," Ron nodded his head at the High Table. "Do you think it has anything to do with Harry being the Gryffindor Seeker? Or maybe he's upset about you conking out Malfoy?"

"Maybe," Eileen shrugged, before taking another bite of her steak.

She had been sneaking furtive glances at the Professor's table ever since Snape had stomped into the Great Hall, his robes billowing in his wake. The man, after taking his spot near the Headmaster, had alternated between glaring at the Great Hall and his dinner.

Eileen was sure Snape had heard about the Gryffindor/Slytherin flying lesson, but she would bet everything that his angry behavior now could only be explained by whatever happened in his discussion with Aurora.

She snuck another glance at the table, but this time focusing on Professor Sinistra. Aurora was seated next to Professor Sprout, several teachers down from Snape, seemingly oblivious to the grouchy bat.

"You seem quiet, Eileen. Upset about having detention?" Hermione asked from her right.

Eileen shook herself out of her thoughts. "No, it was worth it. Malfoy was such a prat, I'm glad I could give him what he deserved."

"That had been bloody fantastic, Eileen." Ron exclaimed. "By far the best thing that happened today."

"I can't believe I missed it," said Harry. "I heard Malfoy was in the Hospital Wing the rest of the afternoon with a broken nose. Where'd you learn how to hit like that?"

Eileen smiled, "My Da. I know a few moves, so you better not get on my bad side."

"Just wait, Snape. You'll get yours," drawled a less-than-welcome voice behind her.

She turned quickly to see, "Malfoy."

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting on the train back to the Muggles?"

"You're a lot braver now that your feet are on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," said Harry coolly. "Although, I hear they didn't help much when you got knocked down by a girl."

"Hey!" Eileen responded. "This girl can knock down your arse too!"

Malfoy responded before Harry could, "I'm a gentleman and a wizard. I don't fight girls, and I don't fight with my fists. I'll take you, Potter, anytime on my own.

"Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only - no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

"Of course he has," said Ron. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.

"Crabbe," he said. "Midnight, all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked."

"That's ridiculous," Eileen interrupted. "How does Harry know you're not setting him up? And neither of you knows enough magic to be able to do anything regardless."

"Potter, you going to let your girlfriend do all your fighting for you?"

"Try saying that to me again, Malfoy," she remarked, getting up from the table and into his face. Eileen was luckily an inch or so taller. "I broke your nose once, and I can do it again. Detention doesn't bother me."

Malfoy took a step back, unclear whether out of fear or the fact that a Professor was quickly approaching them. "Potter, Weasley. Midnight," he remarked, ignoring Eileen before walking away - his goonies following.

"Is everything all right here?" Professor Sinistra asked as she approached, just missing Malfoy.

"Fine," Eileen responded gruffly. Before she could head back to her dinner, the professor placed her hand on Eileen's shoulder, gently pulling her aside so they could talk.

"What? I haven't done anything!" remarked the eleven year old.

"I know. However, to the professors at the High Table, it seemed as if a brawl was about to break out, and after this afternoon's events, I didn't want to risk you getting another detention."

"Whatever."

Taken aback by the haughty tone, Aurora responded, "Is something wrong Eileen?"

A moment passed, before she whispered angrily, "Why were you meeting with him?"

Aurora nodded her head in understanding before automatically responding, "Professor Snape?"

Eileen didn't respond.

Aurora sighed. "The Professor had something important to discuss with me."

Eileen asked skeptically, "And it had nothing to do with me?"

"Anything the Professor and I discuss is confidential. Just as anything you and I discuss stays between us."

"Well that's bollocks! I have a right to know what he says about me."

"A point from Gryffindor! Miss Snape, we may be friends but I am still your professor. I deserve your respect."

Eileen nodded, feeling chastised by the lost point.

"As I said this afternoon, I am always here to talk if you wish. Anything you tell me will always be kept in confidence, and how can you trust me if I don't keep the confidence of others?"

She nodded again reluctantly.

"All right. Stay away from Mr. Malfoy if you cannot control your temper around him. Do you know where to report for detention?" The Professor paused for a second, observing the student. "Then finish your dinner and head out. You have about twenty minutes."

Eileen, disinclined to apologize or say anything else, nodded a final time before heading back to the Gryffindor table.

As she approached her friends, she heard Hermione chastising the boys about the duel, "you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you."

"And it's really none of your business," replied Harry annoyed.

"I agree with Hermione," Eileen piped up, as she resumed her seat. "Malfoy isn't worth it."

"Says the girl who punched his lights out earlier today," said Ron. "Now look Harry, if he tries to curse you, you'd better dodge it, because I can't remember how to block them."

Eileen rolled her eyes, "Whatever. I have detention, which is what you two will have after tonight."

Heading out, Eileen made her way to the classroom Madam Hooch had notified her about. Winding her way through the halls, she considered what Snape could have possibly discussed with Professor Sinistra. Could he have told her their dirty secret? Should she talk to her about it?

Arriving at the classroom, Eileen paused outside.

"Going inside Snape?" she heard behind her.

Eileen turned so fast, she had to gather herself before she could confirm that the voice was Malfoy.

Sneering, she responded, "What are you doing here?"

Before he could respond, Madam Hooch arrived at the doorway and clarified, "He has detention just like you from Professor Snape for his deplorable behavior at today's flying lesson. Now inside you too! I don't have all night."

"Professor Snape gave you detention?" Eileen whispered incredulously as they made their way inside.

"Yes, which is completely ridiculous, considering I didn't do anything, and you hit me!"

"Nothing would have happened if you hadn't stolen Neville's Remembrall in the first place."

"Longbottom deserv-"

"Enough!" Madam Hooch glared at them both. The students stilled, turning their eyes to the professor. "Sit down and start writing. You each have a hundred lines. When you finish, you can leave, but only if I like the work you've done. Otherwise, you start over. Clear?"

Eileen felt herself nod automatically, before looking around the classroom. In the first row of desks, on opposite sides, there were two seats with parchment in front. She headed towards the seat closer to the door. Malfoy watched her before heading to the seat on the other side. Madam Hooch nodded, satisfied, before moving to the desk at the front.

Staring at her parchment, she saw the words: 'An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind' appear at the top.

'What?' Eileen thought to herself. Out of the corner, she saw Malfoy begin to write and she wondered if he would be copying the same phrase. Settling herself for the long haul, she picked up her quill and began.

As she wrote, Eileen couldn't help but think about the phrase. What did it even mean? She hadn't treated Malfoy the way he had treated her. Instead, she just gave him what she thought he deserved: a blow to the nose. Her form of justice would hopefully keep him from tormenting others.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2921