Eruption! by Severus Draconis Potter
Summary: Challenge by WhiteTail about a Natural Disaster at Hogwarts. When he looked out the window all he could see was thick smoke, and the smell of burning sulfer in the air. He swallowed the fear thickly, unable to believe that something like lava had penetrated Hogwarts
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, McGonagall, Neville, Original Character, Other, Percy, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Sirius
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Family, General, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Azkaban Character, Physical Impairment
Takes Place: 3rd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Neglect, Profanity, Suicide Themes
Prompts: Natural Disaster at Hogwarts
Challenges: Natural Disaster at Hogwarts
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 105750 Read: 82688 Published: 21 Apr 2013 Updated: 11 Nov 2020
Chapter 19: Mourning and Set Backs by Severus Draconis Potter
Author's Notes:
So I was on the site Gringotts Bank for the conversion rate and it stated that 1 Galleon is £3.01 or $4.81. So with that in mind, it said that

25,000 Galleons 0 Sickles 0 Knuts = £75,336.18 or$120,243.90

So keep that in mind here.

Someone said they were interested in seeing about what happened with Percy, and Neville so here it is.

Harry tore through the doors of the great Hall, immediately heading to the dungeons. This just had to be a joke; he had just seen Draco yesterday. He gulped tearfully as he neared the Slytherin Common Room venturing off to the left where Draco often hid in a secret alcove. He stopped once he got close enough to it to see that no one was there and he swallowed the lump that had appeared yet again in his throat.

He could hear footsteps coming down the corridor but he wasn't afraid, he knew whoever it was, wasn't going to hurt him. Maybe like him they wanted to make sure that Draco wasn't hiding, since the blonde Slytherin often did that when he needed to be alone. Harry pressed the heels of his hands to his eyes as the tears threatened to come out.

Just because Draco wasn't here didn't mean the Headmaster's words were truth? Maybe the other boy went home or something that could happen right? He sniffled softly before he lifted himself up to the alcove, pulling his knees up to his chest and resting his chin on them.  He stared blankly out the window the sun coming up over the lake as he tried to make sense of this. How had this happened? Harry didn't notice when the footsteps stopped nor when the tears finally made their silent decent down his face.

This was the scene in which Severus came upon as he finally made his way to Harry. He had been worried for a moment that the child had used a secret passageway but just found the child had veered off into another corridor. He could only assume this is where Draco often went as Harry didn't have a reason to venture this far in the dungeons. Not to mention just how close this was to the Slytherin common room.

There was time for questions later, for now he needed to get Harry close and to make sure that he was handling it well. The problem was Severus didn't know what to say to get the child to move. Unlike when it was the lava it wasn't going to be okay, Draco wasn't coming back.

"Harry, can you tell me what's going on in your mind?" Severus asked gently.

Harry didn't even so much as twitch when his guardian spoke, he didn't feel like talking so much at the moment. He kind of just wanted to stay here and never move, that would be great. If he could stop thinking as well that would be even better.

Severus sighed as he conjured up a chair and took a seat. "I'm not going anywhere Harry, as soon as you're ready to talk I will be right here," he promised the child.

Harry sighed softly, the tears stinging his eyes as he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He couldn't speak right now and he currently felt that if he did he would just break uncontrollably into tears, and he needed to keep composure somewhat. This wasn't the first death he had dealt with; he hadn't even truly known Draco that long. It was the fact that he had gotten to know the other boy personally, they both went through the same things and lived through it.

Other than Ron, Harry had no one else who knew how it felt to wait in the Headmaster's office unsure if kids you knew were going to live or die. It had an impact on the already fragile child, especially considering what he had already been dealing with. With that thought it made Harry want to speak to tell Severus he could go attend to his snakes but Harry didn't want to be alone. He needed this, even if he couldn't say anything at the moment.

"Harry, I know how you're feeling but do not retreat inside yourself right now. I need you to talk to me; I need you to stay here with me. I know it probably feels better to stay within yourself but it's not healthy. I don't want you to develop that coping mechanism. I know you feel like you can't handle this, but I know you can. Draco died, but this was in no way your fault, he was just very sad and no one saw. I don't want that to happen to you," Severus stated firmly, he had to fight to keep his tone as calm as he made it. He didn't want to lose Harry or anymore of his snakes.

"I don't wanna talk," Harry replied hoarsely, he could swear tears were running down his throat as well.

"I know, I'm not going to ask how you feel as I can see it etched on your face plain as day," Severus told him kindly wanting to reach out and grab the child.

"I'm not going to class today," Harry sighed softly, ignoring the tears completely as he continued to gaze out of the window.

"That's alright, I think Albus was planning on canceling them anyway," Severus responded in turn.

Harry sniffled softly before he buried his head into his arms a moment later. "Why did it have to be Draco?" He asked brokenly. He didn't want it to be anyone but why had the blonde Slytherin been the one to suffer like this so.

"I don't know Harry," Severus whispered out quietly. He didn't think he would ever forgive himself, this was just like before. How hadn't he noticed it?

"I can't do this anymore, who wants to live in a place where all your friends die? Who's going to be next, Ron? I don't wanna be the boy-who-lived anymore, I wanna die too," Harry bit out bitterly.

Severus's heart broke at that and he reached a hand out to firmly squeeze the small shoulder of the child. "Never say that! Do you hear me? You do not wish for death Harry Potter. Life is precious and I will not allow you to waste your Parent's sacrifice," the potion master spat out harshly. He knew he should be a bit softer but he couldn't stand the thought of the child suddenly not being here, who would he survive for then?

Harry gasped softly, though not from the pain of the man's touch, but from his words. He poked his head up his emerald eyes shining from his tears as he looked at the man angrily. He was so angry with him, at himself and at Draco. How could Draco do this? Didn't he know that Harry would always be there for him? Didn't he think about what Fred would do? Wasn't he his friend? Did the other boy not care enough for him?

"I hate him," he whispered out tearfully even though he knew he didn't really mean it. He just felt so helpless.

Severus leaned over to the grab the boy from the window still then and held him tightly against his chest. "No, don't blame Draco for his choice, it wasn't the right one but the only one he felt he had. If anything I am the one at fault," he told the child softly as tried to comfort the child.

"Why would he do this?" Harry wanted to know as he tried to stop the stupid tears.

"I do not know, and I fear I will never know," Severus muttered out quietly.

~&~&~&Great Hall~&~&~&~

Remus made his way down to the Slytherin table once Severus had gone after Harry. He hoped that his cub would be alright, and he wished he could go after him but he had another problem. He knew that his godson Theo, had been close to Draco and this was going to hit him hard.

 He could see as he came towards the table, that the boy was pressing his arms tightly over his abdomen as if that would somehow keep the all the hurt inside. He knew nothing would stop this pain, but time but that was a long time coming for now. He sighed softly, feeling for the child the pain of loss was something that he wished he could spare the child.

"Theo, come here buddy," he requested kindly, ignoring the looks from the other Slytherins.

They had to be used to this now, Severus had informed the Slytherins just who he was to the child. Some of the Slytherins still seemed to be in a state of disbelief like they couldn't believe that a Gryffindor could care for a Slytherin. They didn't understand that Houses meant nothing in the real world. After Hogwarts, it's the people that meant the most, which is why he felt so awful regarding how he had allowed his friends to treat Severus. He shook the thoughts away, he didn't want to go there today, he had a child to help.

Theodore obediently got up off the bench and headed towards his guardian. It was keeping everything in him not to start full blown crying right there. Unlike Harry who had called out Draco's name and had been crying he couldn't do that. He didn't want to lose any respect from his peers. He pinched his side harder from where his arms were in a bit of a self-hug. If they could just get beyond the Great hall, he felt that it would be okay if he cried. Why had he been so full of himself?

 He could have helped Draco somehow, how was he supposed to deal with this on top of everything else? His friend was dead. The Slytherin found himself choking on a sob at the thought, the pain shooting through his chest as the onslaught of emotion. He gulped tearfully, not even protesting when he felt Remus's strong arms pick him up and settle him in the man's arms. He knew he was too big to do this, but he couldn't help it. The grief just ripped out of him, and he could no longer fight his emotions. He turned his face into his godfather's shoulders and cried, his body shaking from the force of the sobs.

Remus swallowed thickly, his hold tightening on the child as he turned back to look at the Staff table. Severus had told him to watch his Slytherins, but he couldn't do that right now. He knew the children wanted to be in their Common Room where they could grieve in peace but his godson was coming undone at the seams and he wanted him back in their quarters before a full blown anxiety attack appeared. He rubbed the child's back absently as he caught the Headmaster's eye.

"Albus could you assist the Slytherins? I need to take him back to our quarters," Remus asked the man tightly. He could only just keep his own emotions in check. The child's grief was thick rightly so, and he wanted to comfort him. He couldn't do that here.

"Of course Remus, I will be by later to speak with you," Albus replied softly, the twinkle that would normally be in his eye nonexistent. He swallowed heavily before he turned to face his Deputy who he could see was wiping her eyes. "Minerva, after you have spoken with your Gryffindors, it is very important that you come see me right away," he stated cryptically.

Minerva sniffled as she turned to look at the old man worriedly. She couldn't take any worse news; she didn't think any of them could. "Is there someone else?"

Albus sighed softly before shaking his head. "Fred and George Weasley found Draco Malfoy's body last night, I do not think the former will be the same as I'm aware they were quite close. No matter I have something urgent to discuss with you," he added.

Minerva placed a hand over her heart in her shock before the hurt settled in. She didn't know what to think at this point. She sniffled softly before standing up and headed to attend to her lions. She smiled to herself as she saw Remus carrying Theodore out of the hall, if only Draco had of had someone like that. If he had, would he still be here?

~&~&~&~The Burrow~*~*~*~*~

Molly was fretting yet again, as she tried to think on what she could do that would settle her down.  Last night her twins had flooed over from the Headmaster's office and she had been prepared to scream at them for getting in trouble. Only it turned out to be much worse than she had ever imagined. One of the children at school had died by his own hand, and her babies had found him.

She wasn't sure how to handle the situation, especially as they already had one catatonic child and another in physical therapy on top of whatever this was. She was ever so grateful for her older boys; they were still at home thankfully so she didn't get too overwhelmed. She still wasn't sure that keeping Ronnie at school was the best solution but at the moment Percy took most of her time.

And now this incident with her twins, Merlin couldn't her family catch a break. She glanced over at her twins, thankful to Charlie who had pulled them out of their room and led them downstairs. They seemed to be in their own little world, she hoped that everything would be okay. She didn't think she could stand it if something happened to one of her other children. Molly brushed the flour off of her apron before she headed towards her children.

"Breakfast is ready," she told them kindly her tone unusually low when she addressed her brood. She knew that her loud voice would be the most unwelcome at this moment and she didn't want to startle any of them.

"We aren't hungry mum, maybe later?" George replied a moment later, as he pressed his face into his twin's hair.

This was hard, they had lost a few of their friends when the volcano had hit Hogwarts and they relied heavily on one another. But this was different in a way, as Fred had lost someone close to him and that made George literally feel his grief. The bond between twins in the magical world was truly magical, but at times like these it made one wish they weren't twins.

He felt Fred stiffen at his sudden thought and held the other boy tighter in response. He didn't wish he wasn't a twin, he just wished that the grief wasn't so strong that he couldn't comfort his brother like he needed to be. But he wasn't going to push his twin away, there was no way in hell that was happening.

Fred lifted up his head, blinking rapidly and fighting hard against the tears that threatened to fall as he tried to pull back from his twin. He had felt the emotion, underneath his grief, he knew that George didn't know Draco like he did, like Harry did. He swallowed thickly before sniffling as he gave a quick nod.

"I'm alright Georgie," he told him quietly. "You can let me go now," he said weakly.

"You're not okay Freddie, I didn't mean that I wished I wasn't a twin. I only meant I can't comfort you like you did me when I found out Katie had died. It's because I feel your pain as if it was mine, and it hurts me so I can only guess how it feels you too," George replied tightly.

"Mum, I'm gonna lay back down but you can talk to George if you'd like," Fred said tearfully as he pulled up and away from his twin before swiping his arm across his eyes.

 He just needed a moment to get into control, he just needed a moment to grieve alone. The bond was stronger when they hugged, but if he separated himself from his twin George wouldn't have suffer Fred's mistake. This was his fault, he had forgotten to meet with Draco yesterday, how could he be so selfish as to forget something like that?

"Freddie don't pull away from me," George said quietly as he caught his brother's hand. "I know you need me to help you pull through this. Do not say otherwise," he cautioned him, his tone turning even more serious than it had been.

"I need you to take care of Ron and make sure that he stays okay. I was supposed to do that for Draco ya know. We all I know I obviously failed, because he died," Fred said, as the tears poured freely from his eyes. "And I know I shouldn't blame myself, but I can't help it. If I hadn't of forgotten to meet him, he would still be here. How could I be so blind? This isn't fucking fair!" Fred yelled out before he turned to and ran out of the room and up the stairs to their room.

George brought a hand to his chest as the grief and agony ripped through him, biting his lip to keep the tears at bay. He watched for a second as Charlie looked from him to where the stairs where Fred went before his older brother headed for them. George shook his head and hurried to cut his older brother off.

"No, you stay here Charlie, with Percy and Bill and mum," George said tightly.

Charlie grimaced, his eyes flicking up to the staircase where his younger brother had disappeared too. "I don't think that's a good idea buddy, he doesn't need to be alone right now,"

"And he's not going to be, I'm going up there right now," George said firmly.

"I don't think that's the best idea," Charlie said gently.

"Good thing I don't care what you think. I guess you all missed it, but that's my twin up there. If anyone is going to comfort and suffer the same pain as him, it's gonna be me. It's my right before it's any of yours," George said angrily, unable to help the tears that fell from his own eyes. He couldn't do this without Fred, and no matter how much the other boy pushed him away, he would still stay, because that's what Freddie had done for him.

"George, we are not trying to take your place with Fred. I don't think we ever could, I just think that you guys might need some time to grieve separately. And that's okay, but I also think that Fred needs some support from the rest of his family," Charlie explained delicately.

"Just fucking go away, you were in Romania all this time. You didn't care about any of us and now this shit happens and suddenly your home and changing the rules? Fuck off Charlie, you and Bill both. Mind your own damn business," George stated heatedly as he shoved passed his older brother and ran up the stairs. He noted that the older boy didn't even try to block him from going, he hadn't meant what he said he just wanted his stupid older brother to move.

Bill frowned as he looked at his brothers. "I haven't said a thing to either of them, I've been with Percy all night and then this morning." He said slowly just in case someone else got the idea to start yelling at him.

"George didn't mean it, just let's leave them alone. I will take some soup and sandwiches up to them later but for now let us have some breakfast," Molly said quietly. It had been hard not to run after her youngest boys it was obvious that Fred was blaming himself and George was blaming himself for Fred blaming himself.

She only hoped that this would pass, and she also hoped that everything would be okay. As she looked at Percy carefully crutch his way to the kitchen, she knew only time would tell. Her mind automatically went back to the day in the Hospital a couple days after he had come to terms with losing his legs, when she finally realized that something was seriously wrong with Ronnie.

~Flashback~

Molly glanced over to where her middle son was sleeping, even in his sleep his face was etched in pain. The healer had mentioned that it wasn't the physical pain but the emotional pain of what he was currently dealing with. They hadn't really been able to talk about the child's new life without his legs as Percy hadn't been emotionally ready. But Molly had a good feeling about today, it had been almost a week from the day he was first in here and she knew the importance of it.

The Healers had been worried that he wouldn't pull out of this funk but he had proved them wrong. They hadn't let him know about anyone's death as she knew he would take the death of Penelope Clearwater hard, as she knew her child had fancied the girl. Molly gently reached out to grab Percy's hand unable to resist anymore. She had given him the space he needed but now she needed him to allow her to be there for him, and the rest of the speaking.

She glanced around the room to see who was currently in the room and frowned as she saw that the only other Weasley was Ron and he had been so quiet she was sure he had been asleep. Looking at him now, she found herself swallowing thickly as she carefully stood up and made her way to her youngest boy. In all of the commotion she hadn't noticed that her boy hadn't said many words since they flooed over from Hogwarts but she saw it now. She hurried over to him and got on her knees so she could look him in the eyes, and she gave a small gasp as his eyes stared back at him but there was no change. What was wrong with her baby?

"Ronnie, honey what is it? Did something happen that I missed?" Molly asked worriedly as she gently shook the boy trying to get a reaction but there hadn't been one. "I've got your favorites made back at the home Ronnie, Shepherd's Pie, with a Blackberry Cobbler for dessert," she tried again knowing that this normally worked but that day she got nothing.

 Molly gasped and backed away from her boy, realizing that the first day that Arthur had noticed something was wrong with Ron, had come out to be true. She didn't know how to deal with this. She hugged the young boy tightly, getting lost in her thoughts for a moment before she heard a groan coming from the bed. Percy had finally woken up! Kissing the top of Ron's head, she gently let go of him and hurriedly made her way to her other son.

Percy blinked owlishly as his mum came into view and he smiled weakly, aware that he had been a self-righteous prick. What must the twins be thinking? They had witnessed him at his worst and had only been worried for him and he had wished he was dead? How selfish could he be? He swallowed thickly as he looked up at his mum who was reaching for him and he found himself grabbing tightly to her hands in return.

"I'm sorry for being a prat, I don't wish I had died mum. I would never want to hurt you," Percy whispered out softly as he glanced around the room. He noted in dismay that except for Ron, none of his other siblings were there and his shoulders slumped. He wondered if he had really messed up everything.

"It's alright, we know it was the heat of the moment," Molly told him kindly as a look of understanding came over her own features as she took his look for what it was. "Everyone is still here in the Hospital somewhere, they are off either getting food or visiting with some other kids from school," Molly assured him.

"So no one left because of what I said?" He asked skeptically. He knew how his siblings could hold a grudge, he was just like that when he thought he was right.

"They understand the stress you're under, we all do. It's going to be a tough road but you won't be alone for the journey love," Molly told him kindly.

"What will I end up doing then? How will I walk?" Percy asked softly. Even though he had accepted the fact that his legs were gone, he couldn't accept that he would never be mobile again. He didn't regret saving Chris, how could he? The boy had been younger than his sister, and he would have wanted someone to save her when it came down to it, like Harry had in the boy's second year.

"There is actually a solution that Healer Morgan has come up with, he and your father have been having talks," Molly told him proudly.

"Talks about what?" Percy asked in confusion.

"Healer Morgan is a half-blood who grew up in both the wizarding world and the magical one. And he took pictures of what the muggles use when they lose a limb. He and his team has managed to enhance it with magic and when you are ready for it. You will be fitted to have the first ever magical prosthetic legs," Molly told him excitedly. She had been truly worried at first as she didn't want Percy to have to use a wooded leg like Alastor, this was definitely better for them.

Percy was floored, he wasn't even sure what the heck his mom was talking about but he had heard the word legs and he was definitely all for it. At least for a moment before he was aware of something and quickly shook his head as he looked at his mother worriedly.

"Mum we can't afford it; I know that me being laid up here for the past week as been draining the little money that we have. I'll just...I'll just be okay," Percy said quietly. As good as the solution sounded he knew that it was bound to cost a lot of money, money that he knew his family didn't have.

"You hush right there, everything is already paid for. You are the first ever recipient to receive it, we aren't getting charged for this. As for the hospital fees, those are also taken care of. Every child that went to Hogwarts that was Physically affected by the tragic events have been compensated already or will be by the end of the week," Molly told him promptly.

Percy swallowed at the implications of that, wanting to know how much they would each get but was too afraid to ask. He gave his mum a small smile, before he took a breath. "How much was it mum? I don't want to use it all by being laid up here when we can use it for something else," he asked softly.

"It won't be, I had 4 children in Hogwarts at the time the traumatic events took place, I have received money for 3 of my children so far," Molly informed him.

"More of us were hurt?" Percy asked in horror.

"Fred and George ended up with some bad burns but they'll be fine, and Ginny broke her ankle as she tripped running to the Professor's office," Molly explained, everyone was mostly fine.

"What about Ron? He wasn't hurt was he?" Percy asked as he looked at his unusually quiet little brother across the room.

"Not physically, the compensation for the children affected by the events mentally and emotionally are getting taking care of next week. We will have our choice of a healer as well as the funds we were promised," Molly replied in awe. She was still in a state of disbelief when she thought about it.

"So in total how many galleons are we getting?" Percy prompted, he just wanted to make sure that he wasn't burdening the family, not to mention he was curious. It seemed the Weasley Family was finally catching a break.

Molly smiled her knowing what he was asking and she would ease his mind, like she would do if any of her other children asked. They hadn't yet, their mind mostly on their family or their brother. "Depending on the severity of the injury, we were compensated on, you must understand that honey,"

Percy glanced down at the blanket to where his legs weren't. "You've got a lot for me I take it mum?" He asked in amusement, trying to prepare himself for what she was trying to say.

"Yes, try to not faint shall we? You'll be taking after your father if you do," Molly laughed happily.

Percy gasped softly as he looked at his mum in anticipation. He just wanted his mother to be financially secure is all, and he didn't want to be that burden that made it worse. He wanted things to finally work out for their family. "Don't keep me in the dark mum,"

"Alright, from you they awarded 100,000 galleons, and I believe you will be getting an award once you're better. You didn't tell me you had rescued a child?" Molly said softly.

"That's how I lost m-my legs, it crept up on us and I carried him through it. I tossed him to the twins, mum he was so small and scared, I couldn't leave him there. I never expected that all of this would come from doing the right thing," Percy replied softly still in shock at the amount of money they had from him.

"And for Ginny and the twins, each of them received 25,000 galleons a piece, and so I need you and everyone else to focus on getting better. No one is a burden in the family, with or without the funds," Molly stated firmly.

"What about Ron?" Percy said softly.

"I'm not sure yet, I was told we would be in contact next week to go over his case. He's seeing a healer now; all the students are seeing one. It's free of charge for everyone who was affected," Molly replied sadly.

"That's good all things considering," Percy said with a smile. He was still in awe at how much they currently had.

"When you are better we will be heading down to Gringotts to get you situated with your own vault. Most of the money is yours and I would never try to take it from you," Molly told him quietly.

Percy swallowed thickly, remembering before the tragedy, how he had constantly wished that he had money so he run away from home. How he hated his family and wanted a new one, only Ron understood what he had been feeling. And he didn't care how much he hurt his parents, but after everything that happened he couldn't think on how selfish and mean spirited he had been. How he hurt his mother so, how could he be so childish?

"There's no need mum, it's for all of us," Percy replied firmly.

Molly smiled tearfully at her child as she ran her hand through his red hair fondly, before glancing up as her older son came into the room.

"Yo Perce, you're up," Bill said happily giving his brother a smile before turning to his youngest brother.

Percy was noticeably confused. "I thought you would have gone back to work?"

"I've never taken personal time in all my years with the Goblins and I've saved up quite a bit so I'm going to be around for some time. At least until Hogwarts is mostly finished and then I'll be called in to help with the warding," Bill said easily as he gently pulled Ron to his feet.

"Why isn't he talking? He hasn't said anything or moved really since I've woken up," Percy said quietly wondering why his mother hadn't shed light on that situation.

"He's dealing with what he saw in a rather different way then we'd like. He's shut himself up inside his mind, frightened out his wits to come out. I'm not sure of what he'd seen but the twins seem to think it might have the Slytherin Chaser that was burned alive coming from the Quidditch pitch," Bill said gravely before gave his mother a kiss.

"Where are you off too?" Molly asked softly, she wasn't talking very loud like she usually did anymore. There was no point, there was no joy in anything of this.

"Taking him to the toilet, and then we'll head over to see Dad at the Ministry and pick out a healer for him," Bill explained.

Molly sighed softly at that, wishing she could go along but someone needed to stay here with Percy. She didn't want him dropping back down into that depressive state he had been in before.

"And what of the twins and Ginny?" She wondered.

"Charlie has them, and the last I saw they were popping in and out of the rooms on the floor as they visited with all their peers," he answered easily.

"Did they seem okay?" Molly asked carefully.

"From what I could tell, but the twins aren't being very fore coming with me about how they feel. Ginny is alright, she just wants to know if she can spend the rest of the week with Luna," Bill replied.

"Luna and her father were here?" Molly asked, hoping nothing had been seriously wrong with the young girl.

"Yes, she got burned a bit but she's alright and going home today. So if it's alright I'll let Ginny know when I pass her?" Bill wondered as he looked at his mother for confirmation.

"That's fine," Molly replied quickly wanting at least one of her children to have a semblance for calm.

"Sweet, alright mum I'd better go, Ron's squeezing the hell out of my hand so I suspect he really does need the toilet," Bill said with a small laugh before he hurried out of the room with the younger boy in tow.

~*~*~*~*~Flashback over~^~^~^~^~

Molly came back to herself as she looked at her 3 eldest boys quietly eating their breakfast. She hoped they as a family could make it through this tough time, they were strong and they would support one another as much as they could.

Bill noticed the solemn look on his mum's face and looked at her in concern. "Are alright mum?"

"Yeah, I think I am," she replied softly as she turned back to her food. She would need to check on her twins sooner rather than later, she didn't want any of her boys getting suicide into their heads any time soon.

~*~*Hogwarts Great Hall~*~*~*~*

Back at Hogwarts the chatter in the Great Hall was obviously subdued, the Headmaster had gone on to say that there would be a small memorial service for Draco Malfoy. And after the service they would unveiling a plaque that had all the names of the students that perished that fateful day. He felt that Draco's name deserved on to be on there as the child had suffered from the emotional scars of that day.

Just like Severus had told Harry, Albus cancelled the classes for the day, giving the children some time to just cope. The old man hurried up to his office, knowing it was going to be flooded with letters, probably not howlers but he wouldn't put it past anyone. He was getting old for this and he hoped that Minnie would bring him some good news.

~&~&breaking page~&~&~&

Neville turned around as he glanced around the Great Hall, there was a lack of happiness in it all things considering. Not to mention just when it started feeling like it might be okay, something else had to happen. It was hard for the Gryffindor to come in and try to go back to the way it used to be.

Seamus's bed was still there, but everything that had been his was gone, the same with Dean's things. Neville knew that the other Gryffindor was struggling with the death of his best friend and his parents had taken him out Hogwarts at this time. He would be back when he was ready to come back, that made their dorm feel emptier then it should.

Since the incident, he felt different especially regarding brooms and flying and Quidditch even. He understood how Harry could feel so free in the air, how nothing truly could touch you, especially not the lava. He calmly took a breath as the panic squeezed at his chest, making it tighter and harder to breathe. He needed to be strong, it was clear when had come back that someone needed to make sure everyone was okay. He would never forget the look on his Gran's face when she found out that he alone had rescued four 3 other students from a dangerous situation.

He had never minded not having a best friend at Hogwarts, because the boys in his dorm didn't mind him tagging along. Sure he felt like the third wheel most days but they weren't mean about him being there. But now, he felt it hard. Harry was branching out and making friends with people from different houses and Ron was just there physically. It had come down to Harry and Neville making sure that Ron got to his day to day classes as the other boy would just blank out.

One minute he would be there and the next, he was back in his mind. He sighed softly, wanting to get out of this space, he just wanted to be anywhere but where the whispers about why the Slytherin had taken his own life were. He turned to Hermione to ask her if she wanted to come with him on an outing through the castle on to frown as he saw the Headmistress coming towards the table.

"Ma'am, is there something wrong?" Neville stated politely as he looked at the stern woman. It wasn't hard to see the sorrow all over her face.

"No I'm alright Mr. Longbottom, I just need to borrow Miss Granger for a moment," Minerva replied kindly as she looked at the girl in question.

Hermione frowned, unsure of what the woman wanted but obediently stood up. She looked uneasily at before she turned back to Neville pleadingly. "Can you uh, keep an eye out an on him?"

"Of course, we might go for a walk in a moment if you'd want to join us after?" Neville asked easily.

Hermione nodded quickly. "I'll find you guys," she promised him before she smiled at her Head of house and followed the woman out of the Great Hall.

Minerva had a hunch about what Albus wanted from her, and considering the circumstances surrounding today she didn't have a problem with it. Why have this unnecessary pain if there was a way to fix it. She walked quickly into her office, making sure the child was inside before she turned to look at her.

"Do you know why I have called you here?" Minerva asked quietly wondering if the child would remember what she had given her. She scoffed slightly before she remembered the girl in front of her.

"Not really." Hermione said slowly looking at the woman in confusion.

"Do you remember the Time-Turner I gave you earlier this year? I need that back," Minerva said cutting right to the point.

Hermione flushed as she looked at her shoes for a moment before she nodded weakly. She knew where she had left it all right, but that didn't mean much at the moment. She figured out in that moment what the Deputy Headmistress wanted to use it for but how was she to tell her she no longer had it

"I do," Hermione replied quietly, a heavy feeling settling in her chest.

"May I have it back?" Minerva asked her kindly.

Hermione took a deep breath, as she found herself swallowing thickly before shaking her head regretfully. "I can't give it back, I had it in my trunk that day when the lava came into Hogwarts. Gryffindor Tower was destroyed and all of my things along with is," she replied softly.

Minerva swore her heart stopped at that moment, her hand coming to grasp at her chest as the pain resonated from it. She had been so sure that was the answer to what they needed. She swallowed quietly before giving the girl a small smile.

"That's alright, off you go," she told the girl quietly.

"I'm sorry Professor," Hermione stated quickly feeling awful as she walked out of the office slowly.

She knew that the Professor had planned to use it to go back and get Draco Malfoy, why had she left such a priceless artifact in her trunk like replaceable necklace. She sniffled softly to herself as she walked down the corridor, taking a moment to collect herself as she pressed her face against the stone walls. T

hey would get through this, though she hadn't known Draco personally only that he had been a jerk to her she hadn't wanted him to die. She knew Harry would mourn the worse over the boy's death and she didn't want Harry blaming himself that was the last thing they needed.

The End.
End Notes:
I'm sorry for those of you who wanted Draco to come back, he was always meant to die. To bring him back will upset my outline and I've done that on a story before and I wont do it again. Hope you enjoyed it.

I've known someone injured in something that happened at school. They ended up with some broken bones and their family was paid quite of bit of money so I went off there. Percy got more as he lost two legs and emotional suffering. The kids who died, their parents would obviously have alot more as well.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2935