Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 133] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Challenge by WhiteTail about a Natural Disaster at Hogwarts. When he looked out the window all he could see was thick smoke, and the smell of burning sulfer in the air. He swallowed the fear thickly, unable to believe that something like lava had penetrated Hogwarts

Published: 21 Apr 2013 - Updated: 11 Nov 2020
Awards:
Story Notes:
I know I have no business even thinking about starting a new story let alone posting it but I had too. This just wouldnt go away, especially after reading the two stories in that Challenge that had to do with either a flood or an Earthquake. I couldnt resist writing one about a Volcano. I'll try to update my other stories but the muse for this one is on a role, I'm already on Chapter 3 and I have everything planned out.
Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1: The impossible Happens! by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2673 words) Printer

The story jumps around from time to time, but they're are little brackets to show when each part is.I hope its not too confusing

Also, this chapter was tweaked with, it was pointed out that my timeline here was wrong. For everyone who doesnt kno this is an AU story.

2. Chapter 2: A Warning Ignored by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3323 words) Printer

I dont know any First year Gryffindors when Harry was in Third year, but if you do let me know and I'll change it. Thanks soooo much for the reviews guys, they rock.

3. Chapter 3: Hogwarts will protect us right? by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (4354 words) Printer

I had to change the rating, because I realized that no matter how you look at it, casualites are apart of Natural Disasters. Please dont ask me about them, as they have more or less been written. I was a bit dismayed to see all those views but only a couple of reviews, so I dont even want to update this one, but I will.

I know that there isnt alot of Harry/Snape moment this chapter but it will come I believe in the next chapter or so I just have to get everything into place.

4. Chapter 4: Who will Save the Children? by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (3082 words) Printer

*Squeals* I was extremely excited about how many reviews I got last chapter so heres the next update!

Alright some of you have said its a bit confusing, its supposed to be, because everything is Chaotic. Okay i lied the Snape/Harry action starts next chapter.

5. Chapter 5: An Unexpected Savior by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (6949 words) Printer

Hey guys, I hope this update didnt take so long. And I am so sorry about that Cliffy I left about Amanda's fate. Just know that her fate was changed twice. Anyways I hope you enjoy this as a new person comes into play!

And Guess what. Snape and Harry action is coming right up!

6. Chapter 6: Sacrifices are a part of Surivival by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (5026 words) Printer

Oh boy, this chapter was hard to write, and I think I have to change the rating on my story again. Nonetheless I hope I still have some readers after this. Enjoy...(I dont think thats the right word)

7. Chapter 7: The Will to Live by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (5139 words) Printer

First off, I would like to apologize for how incredibly long this update is. I hope you guys havent forgotten the story.

I'm getting back into the swing of things despite the fact that P&S is still messing up for me. I no longer recieve emails for some reason and it's pissing me off... so I dont even want to update here, but I have readers here so regardless this Chapter is up and here.

8. Chapter 8: We Believe in this Love by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (5044 words) Printer

You can thank Good Charlotte and and their song We Believe for this update. I couldnt get the song out of my head as I wrote it, so I listened to it the entire time I wrote this chapter. Good news guys, I'm halfway started with chapter 9, bad news if I'm so sorry for the ending...

9. Chapter 9: The Definition of Bravery by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4429 words) Printer

Hope you guys enjoy it, the story is coming full circle a bit. As various characters are meeting and such. I hope you enjoy it...well parts of it.

Oh yeah and in an interview with JK Rowling she confirmed that Dean Thomas wasnt a muggleborn. She said his father was a wizard that had been killed by death eaters and he never knew him. So he always thought he was a muggleborn as his mother hadnt known the man was a wizard.

There is a few grammer mistakes...sorry I dont have a beta, and it's not really possible for me to get one. I tend to do horrible when I feel pressured to write.

10. Chapter 10: Where do we go From Here? by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (5231 words) Printer

So this story is winding down, and it's been amazing to write. This isnt the last chapter, I think it has maybe 2-3 chapters..or less. I could end it here, but as we know the aftermath in the tragedies that we see in life, is where the real survivors come out. Because it's on thing to survive the disaster, but it's another to live on when people you know didnt. It's hard...so it's not yet over.

11. Chapter 11: The Aftermath by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4769 words) Printer

This was an emotional chapter for me, not sure why but it hit me hard so I hope you guys like it. Oh yeah the name Ailis is pronounced Ay+lish, and it's Irish and means God is my oath. Like I said the story is starting to come together.

12. Chapter 12: The Ministry, St. Mungos, and Condolences by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (4349 words) Printer

If I didnt love this story so much I would be depressed on the reviews last chapters. But thank you my 3 faithful ones, this is for you. My muse is ignoring my other stories at the moment so I've been writing on this one this entire weekend. Enjoy and review,it's good motivation.

13. Chapter 13: Picking up the pieces and Rebuilding by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (6018 words) Printer

So, first off I've never written a funeral invitation before, and hope I dont have to anytime soon. The story is going to time skip in the next chapter but I will put Brackets. So for anyone wondering the Timeline for the volcano. More will be added in each chapter to keep it from getting confusing.

It hit the school on October 20, a week before Halloween

14. Chapter 14:Saying goodbye and Moving On by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (6202 words) Printer

This is what happens when you get nice reviews...you get an early update. It's hot off the press. Percy's reaction is in this chapter...he finally wakes up. Oh yeah, everyone whose ever been in a traumtic experiences knows everyone copes differently, you get to see the different types here.

Ron is closed off, Neville is overconfident, Draco is guilty, and Harry is numb. Those are just a few...but those 4..well really two of them are very important to this story.

Timeline:

October 20- Eruption,
October 21- School Closed,
November- Month of Funerals, Rebuilding Hogwarts,
December-Rebuilding Hogwarts,The trial,

Sorry for the longest Author note..Enjoy.

15. Chapter 15: Gaining in the Midst of Tragedy by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (9298 words) Printer

This is by far the longest chapter at 21 pages long. Wow right? Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, I do have an outline for this baby. Oh yeah, it was pointed out that my timeline was slightly off..so I went back and edited chapter 1...lol Hope you enjoy the chapter..it's filled with stuff lol

16. Chapter 16: Thestrals, and School Resumes by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (6202 words) Printer

So gues what guys I'm back! My laptop was destroyed but I was able to get all my things recovered...wouldn't you

Okay, this story has a bit of a time skip, throughout this chapter and possibly the next.

17. Chapter 17: What Hurts the Most is No one Noticed by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3751 words) Printer

Alright, this chapter is all over the place, it's intentional because the next chapter explains the space. There is a Time jump in this bit again the bits are explained in the next bit.

I just need you guys to remember the tags up above and trigger warnings up to the tags up above. This and the next one was by the hardest chapters to write. But its also been planned to end this way since the beginning.

18. Chapter 18: Sometimes Time Doesn't Heal All Wounds by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (7111 words) Printer

I'm sorry about the legit grief from last chapter, but it had a reason for it being here. Not alot of Harry and Sev bonding thats next chapter. This story is winding on down, and I thank you guys for coming along on this bumpy ride.

19. Chapter 19: Mourning and Set Backs by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7125 words) Printer

So I was on the site Gringotts Bank for the conversion rate and it stated that 1 Galleon is £3.01 or $4.81. So with that in mind, it said that

25,000 Galleons 0 Sickles 0 Knuts = £75,336.18 or$120,243.90

So keep that in mind here.

Someone said they were interested in seeing about what happened with Percy, and Neville so here it is.

20. Chapter 20: Coming Together in Times of Sorrow by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3909 words) Printer

This was written in two days, it was really emotional for me, that it gave me a headache. There is literally only one chapter left of this story and I'm finished! So enjoy this one.

There wasn't alot of Sev/Harry bonding because I'm tying up lose ends of the story. If there was something that you felt needs to be tied up, just leave it in a comment, I was rereading my story but I feel like I'm missing something. Anyway, enjoy!

21. Chapter 21:Everything is going to be Okay by Severus Draconis Potter [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1766 words) Printer

So I had an outline for this, but it didn't seem to line it to where I apparently wanted the story to go. Thanks for this long ride, this story was about a traumatic event, how people cope during it, and the aftermath. And then how you go from there. I hope you enjoy this last chapter. And thanks for reading.

The End.
Severus Draconis Potter is the author of 13 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 47 members. Members who liked Eruption! also liked 1437 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5