Deserted by Roselina4389
Summary: Years after adopting baby Harry, Severus Snape is anticipating a whole new year at Hogwarts with his eleven-year old ward. Things are not cheerful however-Harry seems to be following in his father's footsteps and Snape doesn't want anything to do with him. What will Harry do when his own adopted father has turned away from him? (SEQUEL TO ABANDONED) Warning: Cp!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Hagrid, Hermione, McGonagall, Neville, Ron
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Canon Snape, Snape is Mean, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Canon, Drama, Family, Fluff, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: Abandoned
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 6580 Read: 17630 Published: 26 Apr 2015 Updated: 09 Aug 2015
Chapter 2 by Roselina4389
Author's Notes:
A/N:- Here's the second chapter. Enjoy!

A/N:- Here's the second chapter. Enjoy!

DESERTED

SEQUEL TO ABANDONED

CHP 2

Snape scowled at himself. What had he been expecting? The boy was Potter's and Lily's son-of course he would be in Gryffindor!

He couldn't help the glare, though. It was just...he felt like he had been betrayed in a way. The boy was still Potter's, still had that man's genes, despite Severus taking care of him for years.

Harry was looking at him in despair. Snape scowled. The boy was probably exhilarated inside though. No need to worry about what he thought. Harry should just go sit down amidst the claps and cheers.

The boy bit his lip and went to his table where some brown-haired girl smiled at him. Heart burning, Snape looked away. Already had fans, admirers.

Severus shook his head. He had known this from the very beginning. Potter was not a normal boy, and never would be.

XXX

Harry stared mournfully at his adopted father all through the feast. He couldn't cheer up, even with all of the amazing food...his father didn't like him anymore. Why hadn't the Hat listened!? He was a Slytherin! He should be sitting over there, with the Slytherins, not over here!

"Harry?" Ron was looking at him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Harry mumbled.

"Are you looking at that new Professor, Snape?" Percy, Ron's elder brother asked.

"Urm...yeah." Harry flushed.

"I wonder what he's like," Percy said.

"He looks a little scary," Ron whispered.

"Yeah, he does, but he's a really nice guy once you-" Harry clamped his mouth shut. What was he doing? He was going to blow their cover! "I mean, he might be a really nice guy once we get to know him."

"Maybe," Ron said uncertainly.

Harry forcedly fed himself some more of the rich, thick soup. Snape hadn't looked at him once, and he-

"Ow!" Harry grabbed his head. His scar hurt.

"Are you okay?" Hermione and Ron asked at the same time.

"Yeah, I just...felt something," Harry put his hands off his head. When he looked at the Head table, a Professor with a turban was glancing at him, but then he turned away. Dumbledore was drinking some red wine and toasting Professor McGonagall who shook her head and flushed, trying to hide her smile.

Harry looked back at his food. He should probably tell Snape his scar was aching a little, the man cared for his safety...he wouldn't be mad at him. He loved him.

Harry gulped and had more soup.

XXX

Harry had a hard time sleeping that night in his new dorm. He was so used to home that this new place was a little strange. But the bed was also comfortable and he eventually fell asleep.

The next morning, Harry woke up extremely cheerful. Here he was, at Hogwarts. After a while he would have breakfast and start lessons...

Oh and Snape was probably mad at him.

Harry sagged visibly, feeling awful. His stomach felt like it had been punched. What was he going to do? He had to talk to Snape immediately.

During potions? No, the man had said not to let anyone know about their relationship. Harry sat up in bed, thinking hard. The man had a room to stay. Maybe he could go there after classes were over?

"Harry," It was Ron, already dressed. "Come on, we'll be late for breakfast,"

Harry dressed as quickly as he could and followed Ron into the Great Hall. Soon Hermione and Neville were following them and Harry turned and smiled at them.

Once they were seated, Harry sneaked a look at the teacher's table, surprised to see Snape there, talking animatedly with some young teacher.

Harry tried his best to get his attention but Snape wouldn't look his way. Harry visibly slumped, looking longingly at the Slytherin table, with their green and silver ties and scarves.

Harry stared at his own red and gold tie, mourning the fact that Snape would never accept him now. Being in the same house as his father-someone who Snape hated-was not what Harry had really wanted.

Harry bit his lip and started eating.

After breakfast was Charms, then Transfiguration. Harry enjoyed both classes thoroughly. His mood brightened until he saw what he had next...Potions.

Harry and his friends crept into the classroom and took seats at the very back. It took a few minutes for Snape to arrive and Harry's heart was soon beating out of his chest.

He barely heard Snape's introduction and only looked up when Snape was assigning them a potion.

"I want all of you to read the instructions carefully, and if anything spills be assured you will all be in serious trouble. Potter," Snape said suddenly, glaring at him.

Harry, startled, squeaked out: "Yes, sir?"

"Since you look so sure of yourself, why don't you tell me the main ingredient in today's potion,"

Harry stared at him imploringly. He had no idea what potion they were doing, let alone the main ingredient. Snape had taught him quite a lot about potions but Harry just wasn't as talented as the man.

"Um...um..." Harry went red. "I-I don't know, sir,"

Snape sneered. "I guess you're just all talk then, eh Potter? Get to work." And Snape didn't speak to him again for the rest of the class.

Harry felt absolutely awful. He tried many times to get the man's attention during class but Snape was clearly ignoring him. It wasn't fair!

Harry messed up his potion awfully and Snape gave him zero marks. When the bell rang at the end of class, Harry rushed towards the man's desk.

"Sir, sir please listen-" Harry blurted.

Snape looked at him sourly. "Don't you have class?"

"Yes, but I wanted to talk to you,"

"But I," Snape said coldly. "Do not." And with that, he left the classroom and went into his office through a door into the wall.

Shocked and numb at the stony response, Harry was forced to quickly wipe his tears off his face and leave the room.

XXX

"What is it?" Snape demanded when he opened his office door later that day, after classes were over. "Why do you keep pestering me?"

"I want to talk to you!" Harry said. "It's not fair what you're doing. I swear I wanted to be in Slytherin-"

"You are your parent's son, Potter, why would you ever go in Slytherin?"

"Because you raised me!" Snape was silent, his eyes glittering dangerously. "And I didn't want to go in Gryffindor, I swear!"

"I find that hard to believe. You must be acquainted with Draco Malfoy?"

"I-I-what..."

"He told me that you insulted and bullied him on the train,"

"What? No! That's not the whole story!"

"Save it," Snape scowled. "He's very close to me, and I know when someone is lying."

"He insulted my friends!"

"That's quite enough of that."

"But Sir, I am Slytherin! The Hat made a mistake!"

"You are not Slytherin, Potter. In fact, you are Gryffindor through and through. I never saw the Slytherin qualities in you anyway. I always saw your father in you; the way you behave, your impulsiveness, your foolish nobility which you think is brave...It's simply in your genes. And I tried to make you a better person, I tried to make you different, less cocky..."

"I'm not cocky," Harry was near tears.

"But I've realised now that you can't always change your personality, especially if you are born that way. I'm rather busy at the moment." Snape made to close the door.

"I'm not my dad! Please, I'm not." Harry choked. "I'm sorry I'm not how you wanted me to be, but I'll try, I swear,"

"Stop this foolishness, Potter, you don't need me. And you should stop looking up to me," The door slammed shut and Harry sobbed against it. Snape had abandoned him.

XXX

Furious and hurt, Harry started getting rebellious and careless. He started sneaking out at night, doing risky things, having duels with Malfoy and his friends. Soon the entire teachers staff, except Snape (who didn't want to hear about him at all), knew him as a daring trouble-maker, just like his father before him.

Harry's friends didn't like it, they told him they would lose points, but Harry didn't care. He was heartbroken and was trying to cope. And so Harry started being foolishly reckless.

He got caught twice by McGonagall, once out of bed after lights out, and the second time having a vicious fight with Malfoy. And she warned him that if she caught him breaking rules one more time he would get more than just points taken.

Harry didn't really heed her. One day, in a particularly bad mood after Snape ignored him once more, Harry picked a fight with Malfoy and it got so bad that both he and Malfoy needed to go to the Hospital Wing.

"I hope you're pleased with yourself, Mr Potter," Poppy Pomfrey, the Hogwarts Matron said crossly to the boy. "I thought you were a smart child, yet here you are picking fights with other students!"

Harry stared at her from his injured face. "Malfoy deserved it, he thinks he owns the school,"

"That doesn't mean you can fight him!" Poppy scolded him as she dabbed at his wounds. "I have notified your Head of House and she wants to talk to you,"

Harry gulped. Oh, he was in for it now. He was starting to regret being so reckless now. But who cared? Aunt Minerva could scold him all she wanted, he didn't care.

After he was healed, Harry staggered out of the Hospital Wing only to come face to face with Professor McGonagall, who had her arms crossed over her chest and a stern expression on her face.

"I've thought about it a lot, Potter, and apparently I'm not making an impression on you," she said sternly.

Harry looked at his shoes.

"You are quite a lot like your father, James got in lots of trouble too, but I'm afraid you can't keep going on like this,"

Harry shuffled from foot to foot.

"And so I have decided to take you to someone who will have, I think, a stronger impression on you."

Harry looked up at her in horror.

McGonagall still looked pretty strict, even though she had a fond look in her eye. She was a close friend of his but she never gave Harry any leeway. And she definitely wasn't showing him any mercy how.

"I think we should go to Professor Snape, Harry."

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3215