Life as an Auror by SHallow
Summary: Harry joins the Aurors and whose portrait would he carry in his honor but Severus Snape.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character, Other
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Controlling, Snape is Kind, Out of Character Snape, Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Action/Adventure, Canon, Family, Fantasy, Mystery, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: New Identity!Harry
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7907 Read: 15631 Published: 10 May 2015 Updated: 18 Nov 2016
Chapter 2 by SHallow
Author's Notes:
Thank you for the reviews on the previous story. I have realised that I really want to make sure this story doesn't get left behind so I am going to try updating every week, at least.
"This is not a good idea Potter," Snape said softly, " As thick as your skull may be, Voldemort may be dead but his faithful Death Eaters do remain. So do the families of those you have harmed."

"I know Professor," Harry mumbled. "I shall not be living here, even though I will visit my parents graves. We will be moving somewhere else, and not even Professor McGonaggal would be able to find us there."

"Mr. Potter have you even thought of where you want to go?"

"Y-yes sir, I was thinking about moving..." Harry faltered.

Severus Snape wished his hands were in the portrait, oh how he wished he could pinch the bridge of his nose. Bloody saviour had to go melodramatic and decide to disappear from the face of the wizarding world, without a clue to where he wanted to hide!

"I am taking you instead, since you so perfectly well know where we are supposed to go," Snape sneered.

"Wh-where sir?"

"Off the continent. Its a place you would not have heard of, but I am not at all reluctant to take you there-"

"America?"

"No. The dark lord had a few minions there too, and even though they might have not really respected him as we were obliged to do, they would undoubtedly think of you as a threat. No, we will be going to a place which has cut its ties with the British government, a place where we will be enemies from our language to our attire."

"That's mad sir!" Harry exclaimed.

"Not at all, since the people would hate us, information of our whereabouts would not reach anyone else, lest the other British come to conquer them. We are going as refugees, which would give us the edge and the benefit of their questionable loyalty. Fear and the poor orphan look go well together."

"Er..Where are we going?"

"You will see, all you have to do is grab that vial I gave you with the memories in it. Tap it with your wand and say "Portus", that should activate the portkey in it and take us where we ought to go."

"Had you already thought of this? Stupid question, of course you had sir. Can't you tell me the name of the place at least?"

"No Mr. Potter. The boy who lived will only find out when we get there, Godric's Hollow is not the safest place for such an enlightening conversation."

"Of course not sir. Sorry sir."

Harry removed his wand from his holster and lightly tapped it against the vial he had stored in the pockets of his invisibility cloak. "Portus," he whispered as a faint blue light lit up the vial like a muggle bulb.

"Its oddly satisfying, seeing you so contrite Mr Potter."

"Yes sir, I am sorry for all the trouble I caused you before sir."

Harry grasped his trunk and draped his cloak over them before grasping the vial. With a jerk at his navel, he was pushed off the ground and in a few minutes he was lying sprawled on the grass.

He opened his eyes and pushed himself off the ground to see himself sitting on a lush green hillside overlooking a sapphire blue sea dotted with an island covered by majestic yet odd trees.

"Sir?" he asked cautiously afraid he was in a reverie.

"Socotra, Yemen."

Harry let out a gasp in surprise. "How do you expect us to communicate here, let alone live?!"

"I have created a spell that will enable us to communicate as well as understand anyone or anything. I actually created it to understand Nagini and Voldemort after your stupid yet valiant attempt at saving the Weasley girl."

"So snakes, bears anything?" Harry said awed by his professors ingenuity.

"Trees and stones too, but they test my patience. The spell is this 'Transferendum egomet'. You will have to move your wand in an upside question mark formation with a thrust to the bottom at the end, and then poke yourself."

Harry cast the spell on himself as Snape asked and then tried hearing for any peculiar sounds around him. The trees seemed to slurring. "I see what you mean by the trees sir. So, er.. how far away from civilization are we?"

"We are currently in Nait, which is in the south east of the island. The islands you see from here are Samhah and Darsah. To get to the nearest village will take you 4 hrs if you travel at 5 kilometres per hour, or a second if you choose to apparate. But first, I need you to apparate us to Hajhir."

"How am I supposed to know where the hell that is?"

"Even though you may be of age Mr Potter, I will let you know that inappropriate language is still forbidden. Especially since you owe me detentions until you die. Cast 'Tabula ex socotra' on the stone to your right. Once you know where Hajhir is, take us there. Hajhir is greener than here, and even though this place looks pleasant, come summer and you shall die of the dry conditions."

Harry hung his head at the chastisement and mumbled the spell. Soon, he had all his belongings and the stone tablet in his hand before apparating to Hajhir.
To be continued...
End Notes:
I know this is a weird twist of fate but the whole island only has a population of 44,000 so I thought that Snape and Harry would be able to bond better.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3220