Life as an Auror by SHallow
Summary: Harry joins the Aurors and whose portrait would he carry in his honor but Severus Snape.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character, Other
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Controlling, Snape is Kind, Out of Character Snape, Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Action/Adventure, Canon, Family, Fantasy, Mystery, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: New Identity!Harry
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 7907 Read: 15630 Published: 10 May 2015 Updated: 18 Nov 2016
Broken beginnings by SHallow
Author's Notes:
Snape's POV
'Look at me', I said, hoping that Harry would, hoping to see her eyes, the Avada Kedavra green that gave my heart a fluttering beat. Hoping for the forgiveness that I needed from her to finally be mine through her wonderful, wondeful boy.

My memories trickled into the small vial, my actions and the consequences that led to it, finally catalouged just before my death. How... fitting.

I saw the boy scurry up the steps, wiping his own tears on his sleeves. Stupid dunderhead, didn't he know how horrible that is for his eyes?

I let out a sigh as I began meditating to find my magical core and assess whether I could certainly transform into my animagus. A python was no easy transformation, I always dropped my magical level by ten percent for every one. I searched, deeper and deeper into my core until I found the web of colorful energy, zapping around against the poison that was claing inside of me. The problem with magical pythons like Nagini and me was this one thing, we killed wizards and magical beasts using a venom that was not for our non magical counterparts, this venom depleted the innate magic until the victim had to expend his life source to heal himself - the only cure was an ice pheonix feather potion. Fortunately, my core hadn't reached ten percent yet, which allowed me enough to change into a python until I was sufficiently healed. I slowly pictured the magic flowing through my veins, slowly changing my code to take up that of thr snake's. The reason why animagi were so rare was that every animagous had two sets of DNA, one of themselves, and one made by their magic itself.

I arched my back and slithered into the bushes leaving behind my shed human skin, to find a delicious rat if he was still around. I smacked my forked tongue in delight, Wormtail would be mine!

My eyes quickly scanned the area to find towering giants all across the perimeter. I needed to get away! Daft stupid Voldemort, not knowing the knowledge that would be helpful to him and instead plundering for some ancient and unheard of legend of stupid Hallows. Death was certainly ironic to give weapons to lead to death again; if I were death I would have secluded myself to live all alone while the stupid humans could live forever and destroy one another without disturbing my slumber. If I were death.

My senses piqued as I sensed the traitorous rat as well as Fenrir Greyback the vile wolf, sprawled at the entrance of Hogwarts. My cold blood churned at the smell of blood on the wolf's lips, how dare he! I poised to attack and struck his neck. Blood pooled from my vicious bite - no less than he deserved!

I slithered on down the horrid steps all the way to my dungeons, where humans littered the corridors like dead mice. Blood was strewn everywhere, my greusome potion shelves no match for the atrocious sight before me. My poor poor snakes, dead with their slytherin emblems marred in blood and sweat. My slit eyes took a vicious glint as fury burned in my veins against their murderers - not all of them were evil, they were children, my little snakelets for Gods sakes!

I quickly passed into my older office, bypassing my headmaster protocols and slithering into the grate and vanishing from the battle field before anyone suspected me of being Nagini amd murdering me again. I was the Head of Slytherin, I was going to be the best at self preservance.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Reviews appreciated please! Next chapter will deal with what he did for the past week as a dead hero.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3220