Soulmate by 2cute4u
Summary: Harry Potter, the Master of Death, the Boy Who Lived, has been betrayed. Yes, he's been blinded by the 'Light' to see what was the truth. Dumbledore had wanted to kill Harry from the start and his 'friends' were being paid to be his 'friends'. He knew better now. After being shoved in Azkaban for 6 months, his trial was short and Majority voted for his death. Dumbledore had managed to succeed in delaying a letter after his death with lies within.

Death has granted him a second chance. However, if Death grants this second chance, Harrys' second half of his soul must be granted a second chance as well.

In other words, Harry time travels and Tom Riddle (Voldemort) regains his memories as well. How will this effect the new future?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Parental Snape > Stepfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape
Genres: Fluff
Media Type: None
Tags: Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6357 Read: 4599 Published: 30 Mar 2021 Updated: 12 May 2021
Chapter 4: Meeting by 2cute4u
Tom apparated back to his own manor after Harry had been shoved into that cupboard. He had important work to plan for and one of them was to get Harry out of there. Tom knew that Harry had something to do with his revival and loss of insanity which means Harry must have regained his own memories as well, so Tom ponders as to why Harry hasn't made a move to leave this stupid muggle house already. It then hits him. If Harry was to leave this house, he would be an orphan and Tom knew Harry wouldn't want that.

Tom sighs as he walks towards his desk, sitting down and began working on a legal contract in claiming Salazars possessions. He was Salazars heir after all. That wasn't a lie.

He quickly thought up of a good way to get Harrys' attention so they could talk because it also seemed that the Boy had conveniently forgot about the fact that he was here with a body and memories in tact. Seeing as his strength has not yet returned to its original form, Tom decided that something small would suffice. Ah, yes, he could always transform into a snake and keep the boy company until school started. That would be ideal.

Tom left his paperwork and headed for his bed. He needs his rest before going to the boys home tomorrow.

.oOOo.

It was soon the next day and Tom had finished all his paperwork just as he woke up. He had it Owled to the ministry since they couldn't really reject it, and headed to Surrey. It was quite easy and he wondered why he never did this before until he remembered that he didn't have a body before.

He made his way to the side of the house and quickly morphed into an Albino snake. He slithered across the neatly cut grass and entered the back garden, as he predicted, Harry was bending over a flower patch, tending to it.

Harry turns around seemingly done with whatever he was doing and froze in place as he sees the snake.

.:Potter.:. The Dark Lord greets.

Harry tenses at the voice. He's heard it before. He knows who this is. Harry stumbles back.

.:Oh don't act like that, Potter. As you can see. I'm not insane and I've got my body back. I merely transformed into my snake form to come and meet you here.:.

.:What exactly are you doing here, Tom?:.Harry asks curiously.

.:I've come to make a proposition.:.

Harry gestures for him to continue.

.:As you can see, I'm back however my strength is not. I only had enough to shift into this form. I won't be able to shift back to my human form until a couple of days later. That is why I have to ask you for help.:. Tom hisses out, ignoring his pride.

.:And what exactly can I do?:. Harry asks.

.:I need to feed on your magical power. I won't take too much but it will return my strength if I take a little bit at a time. In return, I will stop this pointless war and will do no harm against your friends.:. Tom says nonchalantly.

.:What really?!:. Harry exclaims.

.:I do not see the point in this war anymore after all. I can easily change the wizarding world from the shadows.:. Snake Tom says.

.:No killing?:. Harry asks.

.:Does torturing count?:. Tom jokes.

.:Wow. You really do have you sanity back. And yes, torturing counts.:. Harry blinks.

Tom makes a jokingly disappointed hiss.

.:So... You're staying with me until school then?:. Harry asks.

.:No, just until a day or two before school. I will need to then head back to my manor to regain the rest of my strength. I can not take your magic away while you are within Hogwarts.:. Tom says.

.:Oh.:.

.:Yes... 'Oh' indeed. Very eloquent of you, Potter. Now. I suggest you return back to your room and wait for a day before you leave for Diagon Alley.:. Tom says.

"What? Why? Where are we going?" Harry asks in English this time, not wanting his relatives to here him hissing and calling him a 'freak' again.

.:I do not wish to have my presence sullied by pathetic muggles such as these. You may stay in The Leaky Cauldron until you start your schooling.:. Tom suggests.

"Okay." Harry agrees.

.:What? Just like that?:. Tom asks, slightly surprised.

"Yeah, I've got enough money and I don't like being around here anyways. We have to leave the day after tomorrow though because my aunt expects me to clean the rest of this house." Harry says.

.:Very well.:. Tom sighs and slithers into Harrys' pocket after Harry shrunk the ex-Dark Lord.

Harry has only just entered the house again when he was grabbed by the scruff of his neck and shoved into the cupboard.

"Useless boy!" His uncle yells. "Can't do his chores quickly!"

Harry blinks blankly at the cupboard door and curls up on his mattress. Tom slithered out and stares at him for a while.

.:I'll save you.:. The snake says quietly.

Harry startles and blinks shocked eyes at the snake. "W-Wha-?"

.:I will steal you out of this place as soon as you start Hogwarts.:. Tom repeats.

"You will?" Harry asks, hope rising art he bottom of his stomach.

Tom nods. .:I do not make a habit of lying.:.

Harry felt tears trickle at the edge of his eyes. He was going to escape this hell, even if it was going with Tom. He trusts this Sane Tom more then anyone right now. "Thank you..."

The snake twitches as if not knowing how to react to such a statement before slipping back into Harrys' pocket, curling up to keep warm. Harry wasn't complaining, the snake acted as another smaller warmth attached to his leg. It was strangely comforting, especially knowing that he wasn't completely alone in this timeline.

Harry falls asleep in the middle of the afternoon, before dinner. Not like he was going to get any anyways.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3667