Soulmate by 2cute4u
Summary: Harry Potter, the Master of Death, the Boy Who Lived, has been betrayed. Yes, he's been blinded by the 'Light' to see what was the truth. Dumbledore had wanted to kill Harry from the start and his 'friends' were being paid to be his 'friends'. He knew better now. After being shoved in Azkaban for 6 months, his trial was short and Majority voted for his death. Dumbledore had managed to succeed in delaying a letter after his death with lies within.

Death has granted him a second chance. However, if Death grants this second chance, Harrys' second half of his soul must be granted a second chance as well.

In other words, Harry time travels and Tom Riddle (Voldemort) regains his memories as well. How will this effect the new future?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Parental Snape > Stepfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape
Genres: Fluff
Media Type: None
Tags: Time Travel
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6357 Read: 4598 Published: 30 Mar 2021 Updated: 12 May 2021
Chapter 5: Bonding by 2cute4u
Author's Notes:
Back to the Leaky Cauldron.
Tom was disgusted. He was horrified by the way these muggles treated Harry. Harry didn't deserve this. Tom hisses angrily as Harry was yet again thrown into his cupboard right after Harry was forced to watch his relatives finish lunch that he cooked and couldn't eat.

.:When exactly do they give you food.:. Tom hisses.

"... Once a day. They count water as food..." Harry says quietly, reluctantly explaining. "Are you hungry? I'm sorry, I should've let you out into the garden to hunt."

Tom felt his anger flare. .:You idiotic Gryffindor! I am currently a snake. I don't need to eat everyday. It is you who I am worried about!:.

Harrys' eyes widen. "Y-You're worried about... me?" Harry asks, his eyes feeling unusually moist. "N-No ones... No ones ever..." Harry felt his throat close up.

Tom understood however and glares at the cupboard door before curling around Harrys' neck in comfort.

.:I understand. Take a nap. I will plan on your leave from here. We are leaving tonight.:. Tom says gently.

Harry nods and swallows a sob before letting his eyes shut and fell asleep to Toms' warmth.

Tom felt Harry fall into a sleep and quickly went over his plan. It was relatively simple.

Harry would tell his Aunt about going to Diagon Alley before rushing out of the house and letting Tom apparate him to the Leaky Cauldron. Then Harry would get a room for one as Tom will be staying as a snake, until school starts. The sooner out if this muggle infested house, the better.

Tom glances at the sleeping child next to him and couldn't help the small fond hiss that tumbled out of his mouth. Spending the day with Harry had Tom rethinking a lot of things he had thought of the boy before. He knows not to call Harry 'boy' and that Harry is touch starved. Everything else is just plain abuse. It was easy to see, which made Tom sigh at Severus' obvious biased hatred to the child. Hopefully, Harry could change Severus' views of him this time.

It was soon that Harry woke again after his short nap.

"Hmm... Tom?" Harry mumbles as he feels a slight slither on his forehead.

.:My apologies. But I had to wake you somehow.:.

"Is it time to go?" Harry asks.

.:Yes. Pack all that you need or want. We will be taking the knight bus, I'm assuming you have your wand?:. Tom hisses not unkindly.

Harry nods sleepily, gathering his trunk that he had thoughtfully packed up before. It had his wand, his money bag, his books and many other trinkets that he thought to bring. He shrunk it down and placed it in his pocket.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Harry sits up and waits for his Aunt to open the cupboard door. She normally let him out to cook dinner and Tom had woken him up just in time.

"Up! Get out and cook!" Petunia shrieks, opening the door and slapping it a few times.

Harry climbs out slowly, hiding Tom in his other pocket. Harry makes his way to the kitchen to prepare the food. He had just finished cooking and setting it out when his Aunt returned from wherever she was.

"Um... Aunt Petunia?" Harry asks, knowing that his aunt wasn't as horrible when alone.
Petunia let out a grunt in response.

"I was just going to tell you that I'm going to be going to Diagon Alley for my school supplies. Don't worry, I have the orphan money they have stored for situations like this. Bye Aunt Petunia." Harry says all in one breath before leaving the kitchen and through the corridor.

He had just closed the door behind him when he heard his Aunt scream in shock. Harry quickly summons the knight bus and hops in.

"Could you please take me to the Leaky Cauldron?" Harry asks, paying right up 5 galleons.

The 5 galleons was for the best of services. Meaning the bus would take the fastest most comfortable route as well as serving hot chocolate and a snack. Harry would have the best seats and his ride would be comfortable.

Harry sits securely on one of the beds and begins swinging his legs back and forth childishly.

.:So, what's your plan!?:. Tom slithered out.

"Plan?"

.:Your plan for Hogwarts.:. Tom says.

.:Oh... I was thinking about winging it.:. Harry shrugs.

.:Winging it isn't a plan.:. Tom sighs.

Harry giggles.

.:And what's with your personality?:. Tom hisses.

"Aren't I just innocently angelic?" Harry smiles sweetly.

.:That's your plan?:. Tom asks blanching.

"What? Are you complaining? This way, I'll be innocent, no one will ever accuse me of things, I get to blame my personality for doing a few things I might do." Harry grins.

.:You're impossible.:. Tom groans.

Harry snickers as he makes himself more comfortable.

It wasn't long before they finally made it to the Leaky Cauldron and Tom perks out to see what has changed and stayed the same. It was really so interesting how this time travel and memory transfer thing worked.

"Mister Tom??" Harry calls out hesitantly as he perks inside the pub. It was dinner time so it was busy.

Snake Tom in his pockets made a few hissing noises in amusement. Harry rolls his eyes discreetly. Harry made his way inside, passing the adults and customers easily. He perks up at the bar and looks around for the one person he knew was suppose to be here.

"Harry?" He heard Toms' voice behind him. Harry turns around and smiles brightly. "I knew it was you, Lad. What can I do for you?"

"Mister Tom! Could I possibly book one room for the next few nights? School is starting in a couple of days!" Harry asks excitedly.

"Of course." Tom smiles and leads Harry up the stairs. "The room to the left should suffice."

Harry nods and thanks the man again before heading to the direction of 'his' room. He had just shut the door when Snake Tom slithers out and into the floor.

.:I have to leave.:. Tom says.

Harrys' eyes widen. "So soon?!"

The snake nods. .:It wouldn't be a good idea to have my magical signature on you when you enter Hogwarts. So I will be leaving tomorrow.:.

Harry frowns "Then... can you stay for lunch? I want to go shopping in Diagonal Alley before I go Hogwarts."

.:I can.:. Tom says.

Harry smiles.
To be continued...
End Notes:
1 Galleon = 5 Pounds, 6 USD, 9 AUD
1 Sickle = 0.50 Pence, 0.40 USD, 0.50 AUD
1 Knut = 0.02 Pence, 0.01 USD, 0.02 AUD

This is probably inaccurate but I've got this from the internet and some serious calculations that I probably shouldn't be doing at 2 a.m in the morning.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3667