Troy Prather by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: Troy Prather is the most popular writer this year. He's also a student at Hogwarts with a lightning bolt scar. That's right. Troy Prather is actually Harry Potter. Lost and alone with no way to be heard and everyone believing him to be a liar, He's turned to writing under the pen name, Troy Prather, and for the first time, Snape seems to like him. Not that he knows it of course.
Categories: Big Brother Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Depressed
Genres: Fluff
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Character Bashing
Prompts: Snape's New Favorite Morning Read
Challenges: Snape's New Favorite Morning Read
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1351 Read: 1195 Published: 04 Oct 2022 Updated: 17 Oct 2022
Story Notes:
Troy Prather is an anagram for Harry Potter.
A New Regime by Skylar Kay Nash
Author's Notes:
Troy prather may just be Harry's pen name, but he's also Harry's way of resisting.
It was a week after Troy was banned from hogwarts when it happened. Harry enlisted the help of Fred and George. However, they didn't know Harry was Troy Prather.

What they knew was Prather really wanted to get on Umbridge's bad side. 'Troy' sent a letter straight to their dorm with a school owl.

The twins out did themselves. Troy's paper was plastered all over the school the next day, and Umbridge couldn't get them down. Neither could Filch.

Harry was sure the other teachers could have done, no problem, but they seemed to find it amusing to watch them struggle. Snape also had a copy delivered, with a note from the author.

"I heard you like my stories, so for your entertainment, I present my latest edition."

Snape smiled, and flipped open the article. The target was Rita Skeeter. It read,

"Rita Skeeter, a well known author for the Daily prophet, isn't who she seems. She has been described as warm and intuitive, but those who she'd interviewed would say otherwise.

She uses a green quick quotes quill, and twists the words of those she questions. Most of her articles are written for entertainment, not information.

She is particularly famous for her articles on Harry Potter last year, where she made him out to be a damaged, weak, attention seeking boy suffering from a torturous past. The truth is, he doesn't remember it, which could be because he was a baby when his parents were killed.

As a well known professor at Hogwarts would describe the boy who lived, Arrogant. He's not the only one skeeter has gotten wrong.

What about Dumbledore, who is supposedly gone batty? Truth is, Dumbledore retains his youthful brilliance, while continuing with a rather eccentric personality.

Skeeter is as unreliable a source as a politician, and much more twisted. And it gets worse.

She is an animagus, and transforms into a beetle, which is how she gets her stories when she isn't welcome." Prather's newest article caused quite an uproar.

People in the ministry were now hunting for him. Dumbledore himself seemed delighted by the article.

Gryffindor and Slytherin had double potions together again. Snape was a lot more docile in this class, and even left Neville alone for the most part. They were brewing the Draught of Peace.

"Not enough moonstone Longbottom." Snape said softly, after seeing Nevilles potion, which seemed to be the consistency of cement.

When Snape came to Hermione's, he glanced at Harry. "It's perfect, Miss Granger." He said softly.

Hermione looked up, alarmed.

"Professor, did you read the new article?" Harry asked eagerly. Snape put a finger to his lips.

"You know I am not authorized to discuss this, and if Umbridge hears you, you will have more scars on the back of your hand." Snape whispered. Ron looked up now.

"Weasely, you forgot syrup of Hellebore." Snape added.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Don't you just love a break?


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3796