Whatever It Takes by SanctuaryAngel
Summary: Taking place directly after the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry is trying to deal with his trauma from the course of the events of the war and struggles to confront it, along with trying to manage his grief. Snape survived but disappeared in shame and remorse after the battle. Harry finds him, and they both discover that they have more in common now more than ever - Both are struggling with their sense of self and purpose. But stray Death Eaters from the battle are re-grouping for a final stand to take out the great Harry Potter, and their traitor, and Harry and Snape must put aside their differences to end the fight once and for all, whilst dealing with Snapes' illness along the way. Explores darker themes of grief, self-blame, PTSD, depression, and suicidal ideation.
Categories: Misc > No category on the site fits Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Draco, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Luna, McGonagall, Molly, Narcissa, Neville, Ron
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Depressed, Snape is Desperate, Snape is Stern
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Abuse Recovery, Depression Recovery, Injured!Snape
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: Character Death, Eating Disorder, Panic attack, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Torture, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 65 Completed: Yes Word count: 443363 Read: 40316 Published: 01 Feb 2023 Updated: 02 Sep 2023
Sequel: Light of Mine by SanctuaryAngel
Hello guys!

Whatever It Takes also has a sequel called Light of Mine, which takes place 4 years after the events of this story. It delves further into Severus and Harry's father/son-like bond, which has a lot of family fluff as well.

However, it is also a Severus x OC story, so because of the nature of that content, it will not be purely severitus, hence not appropriate for this website.

My AO3 is SanctuaryAngel, so you can find the story there. It is a current WIP, with CH 44 on its way. The story has a much bigger arc, but you will see Severus dive into certain parts of his life with complete unfamiliarity and new obstacles, but this time with Harry by his side throughout.

Hope to see you there! x
The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3833