Midnight Darkness by Starlight
Summary: Both Harry and Severus need to go into hiding, and Dumbledore decides to hide them together. Severus notices that Harry is falling into depression, and helps Harry through his agony.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: !Round Robins!
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 5713 Read: 12890 Published: 06 Mar 2005 Updated: 26 May 2007
Story Notes:

This story was written by the StarLight Round Robin Group, a HP and SS RoundRobin Community. Please review individual chapters, as individual authors wrote them.

To learn more information about it, see our profile.

It's during the summer of the seventh year, and Harry is living at the Dursleys. Somehow, Harry is captured by Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Voldemort comes up with a new sadistic idea and decides to blind Harry. He succeeds, but right after he does so, Severus manages to escape with Harry, therefore breaking his cover as Spy. Both Harry and Severus needs to go into hiding, and Dumbledore decides to hide them together. Severus notices that Harry is falling into depression, helps Harry through his agony.

Please note that this is a Round Robin challenge.

Midnight Darkness Roster:
Response to Firestar's Challenge

1. Firestar
2. linden_winter
3. Mila
4. bloodredend
5. Audiaa
6. Starangel
7. open
8. open
9. open

Chapter 1 by Firestar

One Harry Potter lay in his bed in Number 4, Privet Drive. The house was silent, and far off in the distance, the chirpings of crickets could be heard. The leaves of the trees rustled quietly in the night, but Harry as oblivious to all this. He was curled up sideways and snoring softly, fast asleep.

Suddenly, a small pop could be heard outside, and four figures appeared in the darkness. Each of them were dressed in black robes, concealing them within the shadows, but their deathly pale masks shone eerily in the moonlight.

"Get moving," a feminine voice ordered. "Lucius, Goyle, Crabble guard the door. I'm going in."

Lucius Malfoy growled under his breath at being ordered around, especially since that order was to stand outside and do nothing. After all, HE should be the one commanding everyone, not some other Death Eater, and definitely not Bellatrix Lestrange. When Bellatrix had still been in Azkaban, he had been his master's right-hand man. He had been the one to control the rest of the Death Eaters, but after the breakout in Azkaban, the woman had been restored to the one in control. His fists clenched, but he obeyed, standing next to Crabbe and Goyle.

Bellatrix chuckled softly at the reaction she had caused. Smirking, she stepped forward before whispering a soft Alohomora. The door clicked open.

However, she didn't step in immediately. She knew that if she did so, the wards and blood magic would throw her back out, not to mention that fool Dumbledore would be notified. Oh no, that wouldn't do at all. With a cruel smile, she turned and transformed into a serpent. With a hiss, she crawled in through the crack. The wards seemed to shudder for a second before going back to their original state.

She transformed back into her human state and nodded in satisfaction when the wards didn't go off. It seemed that they had been fixed on the outside, but not the inside. This suited her master's plan perfectly. Smirking, she headed upstairs towards the row of bedrooms. Pushing open the first door, she found two figures, fast asleep. Ah, the Dursleys. Smiling sadistically, she thought of the perfect wake up call.

Pointing her wand at the male, she hissed, "Crucio."

She smiled as the man suddenly began screaming, and his wife woke up beside him. “Vernon, Vernon!” She called. “Wake up! What’s wrong?”

It was then that the woman looked up and spotted Bellatrix. Taking in her appearance, she shrieked, “YOU!! Y-You’re a freak! What have you done to my husband?”

Bellatrix smiled cruelly. “Petunia Dursley, are you not?” She twirled her wand between her fingers. “I’d say that it’s a pleasure to meet you, but that would be lying.”

Meanwhile, Vernon continued writhing. He coughed, and blood began to drip out of his mouth.

“Stop it!” Petunia shrieked. “What are you doing to him? Make it stop!”

“Have you never heard of the Cruciatus curse, you Mudblood?” Bellatrix spat. She then smirked. “You want it to stop? Very well. Avada Kedavra!”

The emerald beam of light hit Vernon on his chest and the man slumped over, lifeless.

“No! What have you done to him?” Petunia quickly turned to his husband, desperately checking his pulse. She let out a cry when she found none. “YOU! Y-You killed him! You freak! You dirty fr---“

Slap.

She was cut off abruptly by a sharp slap on her face. She looked up, horror on her face. “You—Y-You dare HIT me?”

Bellatrix raised an eyebrow. “Dare? Of course I dare, you fool. As a pureblood, I’m able to do anything I want with you. Including killing you, starving you. And your whale of a son.”

“D-D-Dudley?” Petunia’s eyes grew wide. “No, please, no – don’t hurt my little Duddykins. He’s innocent, oh, my poor little baby… no, please don’t hurt him…”

Bellatrix smirked before aiming a kick at Petunia’s stomach. The woman groaned at the impact, falling onto the bed. “Silent, women. Petrificus Totalus.”

As Petunia fell still, Bellatrix exited the room, heading for the next room down the hall. Pulling it open, she saw that an enormous boy lay on the bed, snoring loudly. She snorted disdainfully. As much as she would love to torture this boy first, she had to find Potter. She would have her fun with these Mudbloods later.

Finally, she came to the last room, and with a whispered spell, the door clicked open. Walking in, she raised an eyebrow as she saw Harry curled up on the bed, fast asleep. “My, my, Potter. All quiet and fast asleep. What a convenience.” With a sneer, she whispered a Stupefy and watched in satisfaction as the boy froze.

“Excellent.”

She levitated her the Boy-Who-Lived out of the room and down the stairs and back out the front doors. With a nod at her minions, she raised a hand in signal.

With a pop, the four figures disappeared, along with one Harry Potter.

Behind them, the Dark Mark floated eerily above #4, Privet Drive.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=626