Summary: Harry decides he's had enough abuse at home and decides to run away for the summer. Simultaneously some other character we know decides to run away (reasons up to you, but has to do with their family somehow). They end up running into each other and decide to stick together.
- Draco is the other person to run away. He's tired of either his parents not caring about him/ not paying attention to him, or decides to change his family from this point forward by not being involved with Voldemort/Death Eaters... basically his family's involvement ends with him.
- Ron runs away. Maybe he feels like he's not getting enough attention at home, or feels like he can't live up to his older brothers accomplishments or his mom's expectations of him, or maybe he had a falling out with his father.
- Some other student character we know (or don't know that well) is the one who runs away. Are they abused? Did they run for some other reason?
- The two runaways (or just Harry) finds out there is actually a whole group of homeless wizard kids who attend Hogwarts. A bunch of kids lost parents or guardians before Voldemort vanished. Maybe these kids grew up on the street, or ran away from orphanages or foster homes. Maybe Hogwarts knows about these homeless kids (a bunch of whom stick together), and provides them with uniforms, school supplies and books when they get back to Hogwarts each year. Harry maybe becomes one of this group. Note: just like in real life with real life governments, maybe the Ministry doesn't have the resources to deal with the issue, or give homes to the kids for whatever reason. The Ministry knows about the issue, but isn't dealing with it or can't, or maybe only provides some resources like vouchers for food/clothes.
Snape's involvement is up to you. Does he find them at some point over the summer? Does he decide to help them? Does he bring them food or something? Does he tell on them? Try to convince them to go home or to Hogwarts? Are the two runaways content to stay where they are over the summer or do they want shelter with Snape or at Hogwarts? All up to you.
Requirements: No slash, no drabbles. Must be at least a one-shot.
Summary: Harry has been treated as a house elf all his life by the Dursley‘s, because of this treatment, Harry actually turns into a house elf. Of course, this upsets his aunt Petunia.
You can decide if Harry runs away or if the Dursley’s are forced to deal with his new identity. Perhaps Harry isn’t too upset with his change because now he’s no longer the Boy Who Lived, he is a house elf! What’s the big deal anyway. He always treated as was one anyway!
What does Dobby think about Harry’s transformation?
I leave this idea up to you and your interpretation. I myself am not a writer, so I would love for someone who is able to create to be able, to do something with this idea. Thanks.
Summary: It is well known that Harry is a talented parselmouth; however, after a accident of some sort, Harry has been blessed/cursed with another hidden talent- the ability to see people’s natural auras. Hermione and rons are naturally lovely shades of yellows and pinks and all sorts of bright, positive colours, as are many other auras Harry comes across in Hogwarts. Malfoy’s; a horrid shade of green, no doubt signalling the underlying jealousy and envy the boy harbours towards others. And Snapes. Now that’s a funny one. His is black- a deep, dark, all encompassing black. But that’s not what surprises Harry. Because among the thick black hue that hangs around the potion masters form, is a single, barely visible drop of Pure Gold. And that, of course, makes Harry very curious to try and pry more of that beautiful colour from the man.
Summary: I want to read a non-slash werewolf story in which Harry is bitten and is a werewolf but nobody knows. He's hiding it (at least for the first third or even half of the story). All other details up to you!
Questions you may want to answer:
- Who bit Harry? Remus? Greyback? Someone else? Was it an accident or on purpose?
- How old is Harry? Just starting Hogwarts or is he a few years into it? I don't really want to see a post Hogwarts story.
- Who ends up finding out and how? Severus? Does he help Harry or report him right away? It'd be cool if it was kept a semi-secret for as long as possible.
- How is Harry handling this on his own? What are the logistics of hiding it and how do things happen on the full moon since no one else knows?
- I'd like to see it be at least a very long one-shot or multi-chapter fic, not a drabble or series of drabbles.
Summary: Dumbledore is tired of Snape’s continuous complaints about Harry Potter and how Snape keeps trying to convince him that Harry is too much trouble for what he’s doing for the boy. Dumbledore tells him that he has permission to spy on the boy for authors preferred amount of time and if he can convince Dumbledore with his memories of what he found then he would stop speaking so highly of the child. Snape being slightly petty agrees to this and proceeds to spy on Harry (whether it’s the holidays or not is the authors choice) . He does not find what he was expecting however and ends up confronting Harry.
Summary: During Occlumency, Harry relives his mother's death.
Summary: An abused Harry discovers there are house-elves, and that these creatures do all the cooking and cleaning. Since Harry had been treated as one for as long as he could remember he decides to join them in their duties.
I would really like it if Harry starts living with the house-elves and refuses to go back to his dorm.
Summary: Instead of being sorted into Gryffindor or Slytherin, Harry Potter is sorted into the lesser-known, lesser-appreciated Hufflepuff. This automatically makes Snape less averse to the boy because James Potter wouldn't be caught dead in any house other than Gryffindor. But why isn't Harry as brave as he was in canon? Why does the loyalty overpower that? Snape gets to know Harry and Harry begins to see the Slytherin as a father.
Summary: So I notice that Harry Potter is a popular AU in other fandoms. So I'd like to see someone take another fandom they're interested in and put Harry Potter in it the way other fandoms do. You can go along with the plotline of that story/movie/game or create your own or pull on elements from Harry Potter or just make a fun piece that doesn't have much of a plot but is in a different universe.
Summary: In which before Hedwig had Harry, she had Snape. When Harry is in trouble and he sends her to get help, she goes to Snape. Must feature magical/intelligent/motherly Hedwig.