Summary: Lily is alive, and James is dead. She and Sirius have been growing close, and Harry is very keen to see his mum and godfather together. Severus, on the other hand, is not so keen to stand back and watch the woman he loves marry another man AGAIN.
No Sirius bashing or Albus bashing.
Summary: Harry himself is killed, but he can't die due to the Horcrux within him. This leads to the discovery that Harry is a living Horcrux, and as such he is immortal unless killed by a basilisk tooth, the sword of Gryffindor, or the Dark Lord's Avadra Kedavra.
Summary: McGonagall has to take an unexpected leave of absence. Snape is put in charge of half the Gryffindor boys, Flitwick the other half, and Sprout the girls. Harry is of course in Snape's group. It can take place any time during Hogwarts years and the reason for McGonagall's absence is up to you.
Summary: Severus has always known, without a doubt, that Harry Potter is his biological son, but still resents him and has no interest in forming a relationship. After Harry has found out, he decides to try and win his father over.
Why Harry chooses to pursue the relationship rather than writing Severus off is up to the author, but keep it in character.
Canon placement up to author, but if writing an AU don't change lots of non-connected things just for the sake of it.
- Severus is very stubborn and can't change his heart too quickly or easily. Lots of angst on Harry's end needed before any flicker of affection received
- Severus genuinely hating Harry, protecting him only out of a sense of duty, absolutely no affection for him to begin with
- Character bashing
- Severus resents Harry for more than just being the reason Lily died
- Harry's friends help come up with ways to win him over
- Fred and George making bets on the outcome
- Harry trying to be "more Slytherin"
- Harry's friends try and persuade him it's not worth it
- Massive row between Sirius and Severus
- Harry's self-esteem reaching an all-time low
- Abusive Dursleys
- Severus finds out about the Dursleys, he takes action but still can't stand Harry
- Severus sees himself in Harry which adds to his reasons to hate him
- Some point (very late) in the story, Severus almost loses/thinks he has lost Harry and it's a turning point
- Harry embarrassed by the knowledge that his real father hates him so never tells anyone, puzzling his friends why he's trying so hard to get into Severus' good books
- His friends find out by accident
- Harry makes studying Potions his top priority and manages to bring his grades up
- Somehow Harry knows about Severus being his father before he starts Hogwarts, and asks to be Sorted into Slytherin to be near him
- Or he doesn't find out until much later, when he and Severus already have a long history, and Harry has to do a lot of work on his own feelings before he approaches Severus
- Severus never told Albus that Harry was his son because he knows Albus would try and persuade him to tell him the truth/form a relationship with him
Summary: After every situation that arrises at school during 1st year regarding the boy (or girl) who lived Snape receives a letter from Hogwarts. At first he believes it a prank, but after the final Quirell and the stone incident he decides to investigate further. During the summer he discovers his relation to the child. Could be parent or older brother. After the flying car incident Harry is asked to remain in his office and some truths will be shared. The road ahead will not be easy.
Summary: This was inspired by Nothing Without You, by Livia Ethelind. When Voldemort attacks, James dies, but Lily is injured. She and Snape marry. Lily blames Harry for her injuries and James' death so she is unkind to him. Snape is too, at first, but after awhile he comes around and realizes that Harry is just a child who wants to be loved.
Summary: There's a thief at Hogwarts. It's either Harry or Severus (or maybe even both). What are they stealing and why?
Summary: When heroes die, they are offered one wish to be granted--with some limitations, of course. Severus has just died--whether his canon demise or as part of an AU is up to you. What is his last wish?
- Cannot wish to be alive, or to bring anyone back from the dead, or to kill anyone
- Reversal of time possible
- Wishing Harry didn't have to die/wasn't a Horcrux
- Cannot wish a change of heart on someone (e.g. Lily)
- Full-on AU with unforeseen consequences of the wish
No Dumbledore bashing, no slash, please.
Summary: For whatever reason, Harry needs to take an airplane somewhere and as the only staff member with a bit of muggle knowledge Snape is forced to accompany him. Plane crashes and they alone survive in the middle of nowhere thanks to magic. They are stuck and Snape is injured and unable to apparate. Cue, typical 'he discovers Harry is not how he assumed'. Angst, dangerous situations and bonding occurs. Would love adoption once rescued.
Summary: Harry has lost his glasses.