Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Interlude

“Bubbles, Daddy, bubbles!” Harry squealed when his daddy gave him what he wanted. With a wave of a wand bubbles appeared above Harry’s head, who then made it his prerogative to catch and pop them all.

Chasing one particularly stubborn bubble that just kept on floating away from him he tripped over his own tiny feet and fell to the floor. Without his choosing tears sprung to his eyes and one leaked out.

Severus was making his way towards the child ready to give comfort to what he knew would be more of an artificial hurt than an actual one. Instead before he got there Harry got back up, wiped one small fist over his face, and then proceeded to chase that darn bubble.

Glad a tear-fest was avoided Severus settled back into his wing backed chair and resumed reading his potions text.

Harry continued chasing the bubble around the room for another few minutes before growing frustrated and plopping down on his bottom; bottom lip protruding and eyes watering. The bubble came closer to him and he tried one last time to reach out and pop it. Before he could grasp it though it once again flew out of his grasp; that was it, Harry started crying.

Severus looked up suddenly at the first wail and quickly made his way over to Harry.

“What’s wrong Harry? Are you okay?”

Picking up the child he checked him over for any cuts or bruises before coming to the conclusion that he was unharmed. Cradling the boy in his arms, he went back to his chair and let Harry cry his tears away.

When the wails became short sobs Severus propped the boy up on his knees turning him to face his self.

“Harry, you want to tell me why you were crying?”

Harry sniffled a little bit before attempting to explain.

“Da bubble no let me pop it!” He sobbed a little more and rubbed a small hand across his face spreading snot and tears across his face.

With a grimace Severus procured a hanky from his robes and washed the unresisting child’s face.

“Child you can’t always get all the bubbles sometimes you just have to watch them and not pop them.”

“But…but I wanna pop all of dem!”

“I know, child, I know.”

Not sure he had the patients for this Severus lifted both his person and Harry up and made his way to the door.

“Why don’t we go find Draco and you can play with him?”

“YAH!”

Glad that the child would be happy with this decision he went into the room where Draco was resting. He carefully placed Harry onto the bed with Draco and told him to go wake him up.

Harry grinned and made his way further on the bed towards Draco’s head. He plopped down on his bottom and patted the plump that was Draco.

“Dwaco, Dwaco wake up and play with Hawwy!” When there was no response Harry looked up to his daddy. “Dwaco no wake up Daddy!”

“Pull away his blankets Harry, that might work.”

Nodding his head at his Daddy’s smarts, Harry grabbed a chunk of blankets and pulled back as hard as he could. He gave a grin when Draco was exposed crawling up to his head he patted it in what he thought was a gentle manner.

“Dwaco, Daddy say you come play wif Hawwy.”

Draco grumbled and curled up into a ball.

“Dwaco no wanna come play wif me Daddy!” Harry had turned towards Severus with tears gathering around his eyes making his already bright green eyes practically glow.

“Harry of course Draco wants to play with you he just doesn’t seem to want to wake up child. He must be very tired; the two of you are still healing. Maybe it would be best if we left him sleep. Come on kid, I’ll read you a story and maybe a short nap for you wouldn’t be too bad of an idea.”

Severus grabbed Harry back up into his arms propping him on his hip with one arm and used the other to pull the blankets back up on Draco.

“Daddy wead Hawwy stowy bout da bunny?”

“Yes Harry, I will read you the one about the bunny.”

Severus settled himself back into his chair with an added child and book hoping to relax the child enough to fall asleep.

Not that it would take much, he pondered, the boy has been running around to pop those bubbles. I should have put him down a while ago, it is clear he is exhausted, what coming to tears so quickly in the past ten minutes.

Satisfied with the knowledge that he would get Harry to sleep, he opened the book to the first page turning it so that Harry would be able to see the pictures, he began reading.