Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all it's characters belong to J.K. Rowling, although I do own the Mastakos and maybe latter a few other little characters.

Author's note: Hi, everyone, this is my second fanfiction ever. Please be kind, my first one was a Harry/Snape slash, this time I plan on a Snape-adopts-Harry. I hope you like it, on with the story now.

 

Chapter One: Centaurs...Grawp...And Separated!

Harry and Hermione quickly lead the (false) Headmistress Umbridge into the dark forest with the promise of a secret weapon. Once within the trees, Hermione started talking loudly and thrashing around noisily. They were taking the path leading towards Aragog, and not Grawp, when suddenly an arrow flew through the air and landed with a menacing thud in the tree just over Hermione's head. The forest floor trembled and the sounds of hundreds of hooves impacting the ground echoed into the night. Umbridge screamed and pushed Harry in front of her like a shield. Wrenching free and turning he saw about 50, if not more, centaurs surrounding the three of them. All had loaded bows drawn and pointed right at them!

"Who are you?" a voice, identifiable as the chestnut coated, Magorian.

"I asked you who are you, human," Magorian repeated roughly, when no one answered.

"I am Dolores Umbridge! Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic and Headmistress and High Inquisitor of Hogwarts!" Umbridge said in a high pitched terrified voice.

What followed in the next twenty minutes was chaos, and after the centaurs carried away Umbridge, the rest turned to Harry and Hermione.

"And these?" A hard-faced, gray centaur, who was holding Hermione asked.

"They are young," answered a slow, doleful voice from behind the one holding Harry. "We do not attack foals."

"They brought her here, Ronan," Stated the one holding on firmly to Harry. "And they are not so young.... He is nearing manhood, this one...."

In the next few minutes, a situation that was bad, became worse when Hermione said a very stupid thing to the already irate centaurs. They were about to carry Harry and Hermione away to where they had taken Umbridge, when all the sudden there was a horrible racket coming towards them through the trees. It was so loud that all of the centaurs and the humans looked over. Hermione and Harry's centaurs dropped them and reached for their bows, loading an arrow and aiming at the trembling trees. Those same trees were shoved apart by the huge form of Hagrid's baby half-brother, Grawp, and the centaurs nearest him backed up into the ones behind. All loaded bows were now pointing at the young giant, who stooped down at the centaurs and bellowed.

"Hagger!" He kept saying this getting louder and more insistent, before Hermione figured out what he was trying to say.

"He's saying Hagrid." She whispered to Harry, when at that very moment Grawp noticed the two young humans.

"Hermy, where Hagger?" Grawp roared.

When Hermione told him she didn't know, he through a fit, reaching out a hand to grab them and knocking over a pure white centaur while at it. When Grawp's giant fingers were a foot from Harry, when 50 arrows flew though the air and peppered Grawp's huge face. In the minutes that followed Harry was showered with pebble-sized drops of blood as he screamed for Hermione to run, becoming separated in the stampede of hooves and the giant's feet. Pushing harry deeper into the forest and Hermione back towards the castle. Harry's scar gave a terrible pulse of pain, and Harry nearly screamed in frustration, trying to find his way back to the school, but was soon turned around and lost. So feeling defeated, Harry climbed a nearby tree waiting for dawn, when the sun would help him navigate, all the while Harry felt horrible worried about his Godfather.

~~Meanwhile with Hermione~~

Hermione, decided to return to the castle for help, help from who? She didn't know yet, but she knew she wouldn't be able to find Harry alone in that forest. Upon exiting the forest, she ran right into Professor Snape, who looked furious. He grabbed her shoulders, as he was about to snap at her, but he stopped and lifted his hands, looking at the blood that covered them.

"Where...is...Potter!?"He questioned roughly, face pale and breathing thickening.

"He's still in the forest, we got separated, and I came to get help." Hermione answered, looking back into the shadowed trees.

"Are you hurt, is he hurt?"

"No, I'm not and I don't think Harry is either, the blood is Hagrid's half-brother's."

"You don't think Potter is hurt? Your not certain!?"

"No sir, we got separated in the stampede, he... he might have gotten hurt by the centaur hooves,sir."

"Ms. Granger, you will go back to the school and wait. When I get back with Potter, you will tell me everything that has happened." Snape said before hurrying away, Hermione though didn't go back to the school, but waited right there.

Only to be joined by Ron, Ginny, Luna and Neville, who all agreed to wait with Hermione after she told them what had happened. It was nearing dawn, when the Professor returned empty-handed, he was furious when he spotted the children. Striding forward quickly, he opened his mouth to comment and possibly take points, when the bushes a few yards away began shaking.

~~With Harry~~

When dawn was nearing Harry decided to try again, using the half-light as his guide, to his anger he was not far at all from the castle and as he approached, Harry suddenly heard the bushes shaking slightly behind him. Fear that the centaurs were coming back, he broke into the run, rushing to the school as fast as his tired body could go. Breaking through the last bushes violently, Harry heard the cries of his friends, and looking a few yards ahead, he was greeted with the sight of his friends. To his dismay, he also saw the Potions Master standing there scowling at him too. Walking a few steps away from the bushes, Harry was suddenly grabbed viciously on his upper thigh. He screamed shrilly as sharp fangs tore into his skin, and with the time it toke to blink, he was being dragged back into the dark forest.