Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Ministrations and Musings

Severus Snape sank back onto the pillows on the small bed, eyes closing in exhaustion. He barely moved as Draco Malfoy finished bandaging the last of his wounds, making sure the poultice was in place before wrapping the crushed hands firmly in linens. Opening his pain-clouded eyes enough to see the goblet that the young Slytherin held to his lips, he drank the pain-number without protestation. He let his eyes slip closed as his former student softly blew out half the candles in the room, closing the door behind him.

Severus Snape dwelled within his memories, unwittingly in the same that Potter was contemplating. The arguments with the headmaster, how Albus said Severus needed to kill the headmaster so that the spy would be firmly entrenched in the Inner fold. The wizened old man had said that this would guarantee a place by the Dark Lord's side.

I don't think he meant as a cursing target, he thought morbidly to himself.

Wormtail was higher now in favor and rank than the killer of Albus Dumbledore. The Dark Lord had not been pleased to find out that another had cheated Draco of the kill. Rarely did this bother him in the past, but the wizard's methods and reasoning were becoming murkier by the week. Something that had pleased him in the past no longer was acceptable, sometimes severely punished. Much to Severus's downfall.

He hadn't been permanently hurt. He'd be able to stand in a day or two without aid, albeit not as steady as he would like. Without Madame Pomfrey's expert aid, however, he'd been unable to do much but allow Draco to tend his former Head of House's wounds. The potion master kept enough vials stocked to last until he was up to brewing them again, so long as Wormtail didn't start helping himself to anything on the shelves.

That had stung his pride, even after 3 hours of curses, including Unforgivables, and maltreatment. Having to look after Wormtail without hurting the rat. Any hurts that he could prove, Snape would receive thrice over.

He didn't need this right now, he thought to himself as the potions began to pull him into unconsciousness. One side was more than enough for a price on his head. He didn’t need both of them offering top galleon for it.