Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

No More Food

When Severus opened his eyes he felt refreshed and the smell of eggs wafting through the door of his room, made him think Harry had not woken in time to make breakfast. Severus was more than happy to not have to eat what his son may procure, and dressed quickly.

As Severus sat down at the table Harry handed him the newspaper and then handed him a plate of eggs. Relief washed over Severus, and the sight of the perfectly normal scrambled eggs in front of him had him looking at Lucy.

"Lucy helped me make the eggs Dad, but do not worry I made you something all by myself too."

Severus was afraid to ask, and he ate the eggs slowly hoping Harry would forget about giving him the other, but as soon as his plate was clear of the eggs Harry took his plate and replaced it with a bowl of something quite horrible. Swallowing the lump in his throat Severus turned to Harry and smiled.

"What have you made me today?"

Harry grinned from ear to ear. "I made your favorite dad can't you tell?"

Severus tried to distinguish what it could be and then it dawned on him. "Is it porridge?"

Harry grinned again. "You are right!" he yelled.

Severus smiled back and looked at Harry who was staring at him from across the table. "Aren't you going to have any?"

"Dad you know I don't like porridge, so I only made enough for you. Hurry up and eat because I wanted to know if we could visit Ron today, and you said I could, and they are expecting us to show up soon."

Severus could not fathom why his son felt the need to make him breakfast, but the look of pure love in Harry's eyes had him lifting the spoon to his mouth. Perhaps, he thought it would not be that bad, but after the food entered his mouth he knew better.

"What are these crunchy things Harry?"

"Peanuts Dad, and the squishy things are the frog legs you like so much. I mixed them in after it was done because last time they got all gooey do you remember?"

Severus did remember all too well, and he shuddered despite himself.

"I also added some lemon juice and jelly beans. I don't know what flavor they are though so I guess it will be a surprise."

Severus looked to Lucy who at once went to get the potion she was sure her master would need. Raising the spoon to his mouth again, Severus tried to smile at Harry, but then the taste of the vomit flavored jelly bean mixed with the frog legs had his stomach churning. He ate the rest of it as quickly as he possibly could and then excused himself.

Severus made it to the bathroom not a moment too soon. He had survived the curses thrown at him by the Dark Lord, but Harry's surprise treats were more than he bargained for. Leaning over Severus felt the familiar sweat that came with being sick, and soon he was again laying on the cool marble of the bathroom floor, wishing he had not eaten that last bite. Lucy brought Severus the headache potion but it could not rid the shudders after he thought of the meal. Getting up and washing his face, Severus knew he was going to have to explain to Harry somehow that he should refrain from inventing anymore things to eat.

After a lengthy conversation about how Lucy would be offended if Harry didn't stop making such wonderful breakfast, Harry agreed to only help Lucy if he was so eager. Severus was more than happy to agree to that, and his stomach still was not ready to face the Weasley clan, but he had promised Harry.

Gathering up his cloak and Harry's they stepped into the floo. Severus grabbed Harry and held him close and soon they were whirling past many grates, their destination The Burrow.

Within seconds of stepping from the floo Molly had whisked Harry up and sat him down at the table trying to feed him breakfast yet again. Harry politely ate a few eggs but then claimed he was full.

"Severus, come and have a bite to eat as well, you look absolutely famished," Molly said, ushering the still nauseated man to a chair.

Severus looked down as Molly filled his plate with eggs and bacon and thought perhaps that he could eat one bite or two until she placed the creamed chipped beef atop his plate, and that instantly had him holding back the urge to gag.

Grasping his coffee Severus pushed back the plate, grabbing a single piece of bacon to munch on and watched as Molly scowled at him.

"I am glad you came by Severus, Arthur has some things he wanted to speak with you about."

Severus turned his attention to the matriarch of the Weasley clan. It was not often, if ever that Arthur Weasley spoke to him. To know that he had something vital to say was remarkable, Severus thought.

"Harry why do you not go up and find Ron. He should be in his room."

Harry looked to his father and saw him nod in approval and took off in a run towards Ron's room. Severus waited till he heard the door slam before he got up and walked into the sitting there Arthur and he spoke of a meeting that Severus was shocked he had not been a part of.

"Severus the muggles in Shropshire were beaten and murdered in the streets they say. They raped and pillaged the houses for anything of worth, and you say you didn't attend this meeting?" Arthur asked in amazement.

"I am not privy to the Dark Lord's every move Arthur."

The adults spoke quietly in the sitting room for an hour and then it was Severus who called for Harry so they could leave.

"Dad, you promised I could visit all day."

Severus leaned down to make eye contact with Harry. "I will not be defied in front of others Harry, we have spoken about this," he said a little too harshly.

Harry didn't say anything else, as he told everyone goodbye and left with his father. When they stepped back out of the floo in the cottage Harry went straight to his room, closing the door behind him and sat on his bed moping. He didn't come out for lunch, and when Severus went to collect him for a snack Harry told him he didn't wish any.

"Harry, I know I spoke with you harshly, but I cannot stress enough that young men should respect their fathers. What if it had been Lucius instead of the Weasley's you had spoken in front of?"

Harry looked to his father, confusion settling in his green eyes.

Sighing Severus went on, "Something of that nature is frowned upon in the Dark Lord's circle and is dealt with in a severe manner. Draco has been whipped until he bled for speaking as you did then."

Harry's eyes went wide, "I will be better Dad, I promise."

Severus knew Harry would not defy him again in front of others, and went to tell Lucy to prepare Harry's favorite dinner. Just as he was walking to get Harry for dinner, the floo flared and Lucius Malfoy stepped from it. He was not in his usual regal black robes, but instead in another set of robes, ones Severus recognized immediately.

"Lucius, what brings you here to my home, unannounced I might add."

"Severus, when have I ever needed to announce my comings and goings to you."

At the ice cold glare Severus sent him Lucius spoke quickly. "The Dark Lord needs your expertise as it is immediately. I have been sent to fetch you."

"I have received no summons from our Master," Severus said, his hand going instinctively to his mark.

"This is not a meeting Severus, only the Dark Lord's need for you. If I were you I would not keep him waiting either, he seems a bit upset."

Severus looked to Harry's room and told Lucius he would be ready in just a moment. Walking into Harry's room he closed the door and placed silencing charms around it.

"Harry, I must go out for a while. If you are in need of anything just ask Lucy. If anything goes wrong floo straight to The Burrow and inform the Weasley's. Do you understand?"

Harry nodded his head yes but before he could ask anything else Severus had kissed him upon the top of the head and left his room. Harry wanted to follow but as he got closer to the door he heard a voice, not anyone's voice, but that of Draco's father, and he feared that man. Closing the door back he sat down and waited till he heard the whoosh of the floo before going out.

Lucy tried to get Harry to eat, but the food grew cold while Harry sat there. He was worried, his father hadn't come back yet and it was almost seven. He told himself he would wait another hour to see if he came home and then he would floo to Ron's house. Getting up Harry went over to the shelf and took one of the may books down. It was a book that looked very old and worn. Harry had only ever read the smaller ones on the bottom shelf, so he opened the first page and read the title.

"Dark Arts of the Fourteenth century."

It seemed like a boring book but Harry read on regardless. It would kill some time until his father came home.