Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Deceptions

Harry stepped from the fireplace into Draco's sitting room, and began at once looking around for his toys. Harry didn't want to be caught, anymore than he wished to be lectured or possibly punished this time for disobeying his father.

"So where are they?"

Draco stepped to Harry's side, brushing the soot off of his cloak. "They are upstairs in my room. Follow me and I can show you my new Quidditch book really quick."

Harry followed Draco to the stairs and down the hallway, and didn't stop till he reached Draco's room. Once inside of it Harry began frantically trying to find his toys.

"Draco don't just stand there tell me where they are!"

"Don't worry so much Harry. Do you honestly think your father would punish you even if he did come home and find you not there?"

"I would rather not find out, so why don't you stop leaning on the door and help me."

Harry opened the drawer beside the bed, and inside were his toy wizards and he let out a sigh of relief. "Nevermind Draco I found them myself. Now I can go back home, before Lucy or Dad figure out I am even missing."

Harry hadn't seen Draco pull his wand, but when he turned around holding his prized toys he came face to face with it.

"What are you doing? Move, I have to get back home," Harry said, fear rising in him, as he stared at Draco's now pale face.

"I'm afraid you won't be going home ... not your home anyway."

"Are you mental Draco? Put that wand down too, Dad said you aren't old enough to have a wand."

"My father gave me this wand a long time ago and with it many lessons on curses. Harry I am sorry, but you have what I have always wanted. Severus will never love me because he has you, so you have to stay here."

Harry realized he was not going home, and tried to push past Draco but he only made it as far as the door before the stunner hit him, sending his toys falling to the floor. Harry wanted to move, to say something but even though his mouth was moving no words were coming out.

Draco walked over to where Harry lay on the floor and picked up the toys, placing them in the pocket of his cloak. "I am sorry Harry. I don't have anything against you, but I have always wanted a father who actually wanted me. Do not anger my mother for she can be just as bad as my father," and with that Draco pulled the wand again from his cloak.

Harry lay on the floor screaming for Draco to help him, but in the end he watched Draco walk towards the door. Tears were now streaming down Harry's face and a small hope that it was a joke flickered into his mind, when Draco paused.

"I have placed a charm on you so that to everyone else you will appear to be me. The stunner won't last much longer, but in case you get any ideas my father charmed the floo to only work for our family. I have also instructed the house elves to not listen to me if I tell them I am Harry. I really wish things could be different Harry. I didn't want to have to hurt you this way."

Harry watched as Draco placed another charm on himself, and soon Harry was staring at a carbon copy of himself, with one missing detail. Draco didn't know about his scar. It didn't matter though as Draco was leaving him there, alone.

Draco popped out of the fireplace in Snape Manor and looked around. He had beaten Lucy back by only mere minutes as the house elf popped in just seconds after he took his cloak off.

"Why is Master Harry wearing different clothes? Did Master Harry soil his others? Does he need Lucy to be washing them?"

Draco never spoke to his own house elves, except to give orders. "I am not in need of your help right now Lucy, but thank you."

The words were foreign sounding even to him, but Lucy went on preparing dinner and Draco breathed a sigh of relief. His stomach was twisting in knots, and he felt as if he might be sick. Draco although cruel had not wanted to harm Harry, and he knew deep down that Harry would suffer like never before for what he had done.

Harry twisted back and forth on the floor but he couldn't break the stunner Draco had thrown at him. Harry had even called for his father, but of course Severus had never come. It was several hours later when Harry could finally move his arms, and then he could move his legs. He jumped up on shaky feet, and wobbled, but someone caught him before he fell back down.

"Dobby, what are you doing here?"

"Dobby, was seeing what was done to Harry Potter. Dobby is knowing Master Malfoy is a bad Master, but Dobby cannot be disobeying his orders."

"Then why are you helping me?"

Dobby ran over to the table and started beating his head on it, until Harry snatched the house elf away from the sharp corner of the table, leading him to the side of the bed. Harry took the pillowcase off the pillow and held it to Dobby's head.

"Is that better? You really shouldn't hurt yourself like that you know."

Dobby burst into tears, "Harry Potter is a wonderful wizard, and Dobby is a very bad house elf. I have spoken bad about my Master and therefore had to punish myself."

"Can you help me get out of here Dobby? I want to go home."

Dobby's huge brown eyes filled with tears and soon the house elf was sobbing so loud Harry had to cover his ears. "Dobby, would love to help Harry Potter sir, but Dobby is bound to obey his master and therefore cannot help you. Dobby feels most aggrieved about this. I will go and throw myself down the stairs for my penance."

Harry tried to stop him, running from the room. Just as his hand touched the house elf's it was too late, and the little house elf was tumbling head over feet down the stairs. Harry screamed and ran down the stairs two at a time, kneeling beside Dobby who was now sitting up. "Does it hurt?" he asked, looking at Dobby's arm which hung at an odd angle. Just then the door opened and Narcissa Malfoy walked or better yet stumbled in.

"What are you doing there?" as she pointed to Dobby on the floor.

Dobby jumped to his feet cradling his arm to his body. "Dobby is a bad elf, and Dobby will be getting Mistress Malfoy one of her tonics right away."

"Wait! you can't go anywhere. Look, his arm is broken, can't you see that?"Harry yelled.

Narcissa wobbled over to where Harry, no Draco stood and slapped him hard across the face.

"The house elf obviously knows his place and so should you. When have you ever cared what the house elves did, as long as they waited on you hand over foot? I also don't like your tone."

Harry stood, his arms crossed in defiance. "What about Dobby!" he insisted.

Narcissa grabbed him by the top of his hair and started walking towards the stairs. "The house elf will do as he is told, and next time he will watch his step. You young man will go upstairs, as you are giving me a headache."

"I am not giving you the headache," Harry spat at her. "It is probably the fire whiskey I smell on your breath. You smell like one of the hobos that lie about the street corners."

Harry never saw the backhand coming till he found himself on the floor, staring up at Narcissa.

"How dare you speak to me that way. You may have gotten away with a lot of things from your father, but he isn't here now and you will respect me Draco."

Harry jumped to his feet, the rage at being tricked by Draco coming back to him now. "I am not Draco, I am Harry and I want to go home now!"

Narcissa began laughing at him, holding onto the banister to keep from falling flat on her face. "You are no more Harry than I am Molly Weasley. Get up to your room."

"I am so Harry, and when Severus finds out that you hit me he will not be pleased, in fact he will probably hex you into next week."

Narcissa stopped laughing then as she grabbed Harry by his arm and marched him into the middle of the room. "I can see now that you still have that damn stubborn streak in you. I would have thought it died along with your father, but I see a lesson in respect is in order."

Narcissa pulled her wand out and suddenly Harry could feel his stomach churning. It was on fire, his arms were on fire, and he never registered he had fallen to the floor.

"You see your father was not a total bastard. He did teach me a few curses should men happen to want to take advantage of me. You would do well to remember who I am, and you will obey me without question."

Harry tried to stand, but his knees gave out, and he went crumbling to the floor, crying out as he did so.

"Oh, get up. You act as if you have never been cursed before, and I haven't the time nor the patience to deal with you today. Get up to your room and if I so much as hear one peep out of you, trust me, you will regret it."

Harry crawled back up the stairs, not knowing what he was supposed to do. It took him over twenty minutes to get back to Draco's room, and then he fell into the doorway. It was only six o'clock and already he was beaten and bruised.

Draco had already rifled through all of Harry's things and wondered how in the world Harry survived with so little. With nothing else to do Draco went and sat down in the sitting room and waited for Severus to come home. He had often seen Harry and Severus playing games, and Severus read to Harry before bed sometimes. He waited for almost an hour before the fireplace lit up and out stepped Severus wearing his teaching robes. After discarding them on the rack he stared down at Draco.

"I would have thought you would be in the kitchen helping Lucy with dinner."

Draco laughed hysterically, "Why in Merlin's name would I do that?"

"Because you enjoy it. You have even begged me to let you help her, even though I told you it was not proper."

Draco gulped. Even though he appeared to everyone else as Harry, he had a lot to learn about Harry it seemed. The thought of doing any menial labor made him sick to his stomach, but he knew Harry liked it so he nodded his head.

"I will go and see if Lucy needs any help."

Severus smiled at the disappearing dark head of Harry, if he only knew the blond boy underneath the glamour he would be horrified.

Dinner went about without incident until Draco pushed his plate away, glaring at the broccoli on it.

"Is there something wrong with your dinner Harry?"

"I am not eating that?" he said, pointing to the broccoli.

Severus wrinkled his brow, and quirked his eyebrows. "Why would that be, you are the one who pleaded that we have it. Are you feeling well?"

Draco realized he had made another mistake and pulled the plate towards him, hoping he would not heave the broccoli. Taking the fork he placed a huge helping into his mouth and began to chew, an instantly regretted it. His eyes started to tear up, as he fought back the urge to vomit, and only didn't by sheer will.

"Enough of this," Severus stated. "You look positively ill. Perhaps you should make an early night of it. Go and get ready for bed, and I will come in there in a few moments."

Draco gladly pushed away from the table and almost ran into Harry's room. After closing the door he breathed a sigh of relief. It was going to be hard to impersonate Harry, especially since he liked so many things Draco hated, from the house elves to broccoli. After grimacing at the pajamas with dragons on them, Draco crawled into bed, and found that at least Harry's bed was as comfortable as his, but Draco flung the stuffed dragon laying on it to the floor.

Severus sat at the table wondering about his son's strange behavior. It was not like Harry, but then again maybe the child was going through what Molly called a phase. Severus hoped not, as he was not known for his tolerance of such things. Putting down his own fork he walked into Harry's room to find him laying in bed, and it warmed him to see that at least the boy still smiled at the sight of him.

Walking around the side Severus leaned down and picked up the stuffed dragon, tucking it in the covers beside Harry, and pulling the covers up to his chin. "How about a small story tonight?"

Harry's face lit up and Severus sat down with the book they had been reading, and four pages later he found Harry had fallen asleep. Kissing him lightly on the head, he noxed the light in the room, leaving the door slightly open, but elsewhere the real Harry laid in a similar bed crying himself to sleep, wishing his father would come and find him.