Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes another update, as I had this one almost done as I posted the last one. Enjoy.
Punishment

Harry shuddered as Snape made his way to stand directly in front of him. The potions master's eyes were darkened with smoldering temper. Yup, Harry thought, he was in trouble.

"Professor..." he began but jumped as Fred and George stood up, each laying a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Professor..."
"Snape such a pleasure to see you again." They said as one. Snape's left eye twitched slightly as he had been sure he had rid himself once and for all of them. They were like two bad shillings, that refused to leave.

"Weasleys'." He said acknowledging them. They grinned at him.

"So your taking care of our Harry now? For how long?" Fred asked. Harry silently begged Snape with his eyes not to tell them. Snape smiled, a very bad sign Harry thought.

"I am Mr. Potter's permanent guardian." He said. The twins exchanged a look and Harry expected them to protest.

"You aren't doing to good a job." George said. Snape nodded folding his arms.

"I made the mistake to think that he is able to use his brain and let him out of my sight. Something I am going to add, that will not happen for quite some time." Snape said. Harry groaned. "You brought that on yourself Potter, I told you to stay in that bed, even if you didn't want to listen to me, you should've known better than to even attempt to stand on that knee. How did you manage to leave the manor without Draco at least seeing you from his window?" he demanded. Harry clamped his mouth shut, he wasn't about to tell Snape about his cloak.

"With..."
"...This" The twins said handing Snape the cloak. Snape narrowed his eyes.

"This had better not be what I think it is Mr. Potter." He snapped. Harry glared at him.

"It was my father's!" He snapped. Snape sneered and tapped the cloak with his wand shrinking it, he slid it into his robes.

"That explains how you always manage to get into trouble at Hogwarts, though I have a feeling that isn't the only reason. But this is neither the time nor the place to be having such a discussion." Snape said, he regarded the twins with a look of distain. Then he walked over to Harry.

"I suppose you want more explanation?" he demanded of Fred and George.
"Yes."

"Then follow me." Snape said grabbing Harry and swept him up into his arms, much to the teen's protest.

"Put me down!" Harry snarled almost turning red from embarrassment as the twins were finding the situation amusing.

"Not a chance Potter." Snape said smirking as he walked down the road, enjoying the way Harry was thoroughly embarrassed, as he got stares from anyone they passed. The twins followed closely behind.

Once back at the house Snape led them to the study placing Harry on the couch and tapping the couch with his wand, warding it so Harry was unable to even move from it. Harry rolled his eyes.

"So..."
"What didn't Harry tell us." The twins asked. Snape ran a hand through his hair and tugged at his robes actually wishing he wore muggle attire. His body was stiff and aching, and feeling Potter leave the protection of the wards during his meeting hadn't helped.

"His uncle damaged his knee, it could not be healed by a bone mending potion, because the bone was broken in such a fashion it needed to be held together to heal properly. I can feed him a watered down version of that potion to further along the healing, but I have to do so carefully, if one of the bone fragments were to heal in the wrong manor, his entire knee would heal improperly." He said. The twins settled down into a chair, Fred sitting on one arm while George actually sat in the chair itself.

"So, basically he hurt himself worse by going to town." Fred spoke up. Snape glared at Harry.

"If I hadn't just treated it, and if I had not put the brace that I did put on then yes, he would've made it worse. Luckily I know for a fact, he did not. Had he continued walking beyond what he did then yes." Snape answered. George nodded and looked at Harry who had folded his arms and glared at Snape.

"Hate to say it mate, but you should've listened to him." He told Harry, who just shrugged his shoulders. He couldn't believe that the twins agreed with Snape, okay he could, as he figured out how stupid he had been half way down the path. But still, they hated Snape and here they were agreeing with him.

"So..." Fred said he wasn't exactly sure how he was supposed to act, after all it was Snape's home. Well Harry's home as well now it seemed.

"How did you end up with permanent guardianship of Harry?" George asked. Snape sighed and settled himself onto one of the chairs close to the couch, just in case the idiot teen somehow managed to get the wards down and bolt.

"Because I stumbled upon him, dragged him here, as Merlin knows the price on his head. So I dealt with the immediate problems. After Malfoy came and attacked, Dumbledore the stupid oaf, decided it was not safe for him to remain here any longer. He took him to the Order's safe house. And then they proceeded to not even bother to make sure the food they left for Potter was eaten or if he even slept! He didn't talk to anyone and they didn't try to talk to him. They left him on his own for an entire week. That is when I took matters into my own hands. Merlin knows why I bothered but the point is I did, and now he is in my care." Snape said rubbing his temples looking even more drained than he had before. He glanced at his twin then they both grinned.

"What's to keep us from telling all of Harry's friends where he is?" They demanded. Snape glared at them. He did not want to have to fight with a Potter fan club in his own home.

"Alright what do you want." He growled, glancing at Potter and saw Harry was blinking and watching the twins with a confused expression.

"To be able to come and visit Harry. Just the two of us. We could even make sure he doesn't get into trouble as we are an expert in getting into trouble we know the signs." They said again in unison. Snape winced but when he glanced at Harry and saw the teen actually brighten at the idea. He was supposed to punish the boy, but he could still do that and allow the twins their visits.

"I would have to set the wards to recognize you, and I ask you wait a couple of days at least because I have yet to deal with Potter's latest genius." He said tiredly. The twins stood grinning.

"Well...."
"Get on with it and we will be out of your hair for now." They said. Snape nodded and glanced at Harry.

"I will deal with you in a few minutes." He snapped at him and led the twins from the room. Harry groaned and slumped back against the couch wondering if Snape was going to hide his cloak as he did his wand. Harry closed his eyes, and listened to the muffled voices coming from the other room, he was always tired these days and it was starting to get on his nerves. He opened his eyes and turned his head as he heard to loud ‘Pops' and knew Snape was heading back to ‘deal' with him. Sure enough he was facing a his new guardian. Snape glared at him.

"I would like to know, just what you were thinking." He told the teen. Harry sighed.

"I wanted to get out of this house, I mean a house in general, I haven't been outdoors since I...left my Uncle's. that tends to drive one a little nuts." Harry said. Snape raised an eyebrow.

"So you decided to wander off, on your on, on your knee which you know very well you are not supposed to be on." Snape said carefully. Harry nodded.

"Look I know it was a mistake, I figured that out halfway to town!" Harry snapped. Snape glared at him.

"And you didn't think about turning around?" he said. Harry rolled his eyes.

"I was going to as soon as I bought a pain relieving potion in the town! Or some muggle pain medication. I didn't plan on running into Fred and George!" Harry said now shouting. Snape sneered.

"What you didn't count on Potter, was getting caught. For the rest of the day your going to be lying on your bed unable to move." Snape said smirking. Harry growled.

"What?!" He screamed but Snape already had his wand out.

"You heard me Mr. Potter. As I can not be out of any room you are in without being sure you can not move, that is only the logical thing I can do. As for the rest of your punishment, tomorrow morning, you will be writing two hundred lines saying ‘I will obey my guardian', and then you will research a potion I choose and write a twenty page paper on it and it's uses." Snape said but he wasn't finished. "And any time you are left in a room alone you will be immobilized until you can prove to me that you have at least half a brain." Harry's jaw dropped.

"You have got to be kidding me!" He shouted. Snape smirked.

"I am not." He said then he pointed his wand directly at Harry. "And as I do not want you to move around on that knee any longer, I will have to carry you back to your room." He said. Harry paled and moved as much as he could on the couch.

"Don't you dare." He growled. Snape smirked even more. And flicked his wand.

"Immoblilus!" he said and Harry fell back his body completely out of his control. Snape walked over to him taking down the wards and winced as he bent over gather Harry, who was glaring death at him, into his arms. "For once in your life Potter, understand what you did was wrong. And deal with the consequences without whining." He said his voice tired again as he walked up the stairs, Harry would've groaned if he could, as Draco was leaning on his bedroom doorway.

"You found him." The blonde stated, the dark look he gave Harry meant that not only was Harry in trouble with Snape. But him as well. Well great, just great, it has got to be let's make Harry's life a living hell day. Harry thought bad temperedly as Draco followed by Snape.

"Yes, I knew where he was headed. Luckily he collided with those idiotic Weasley twins, which by the way, maneuvered themselves into being allowed here." Snape said his tone telling Draco he was less than pleased with the idea. Draco snorted.

"Just what we need Weasleys'." He said with the normal bite he had when he spoke of them. He hadn't changed at all. Harry thought angrily, as Snape set him down on his bed.

"My thoughts exactly, but they have actually offered to help keep Potter in line, which will be helpful." Snape said drawing the blankets up to Harry's chin after he adjusted a pillow beneath Harry's injured leg. He fussed with the pillows behind Harry's head not wanting to have to deal with any strained neck muscles then headed for the door Draco trailing behind him.

"Good night Potter." Snape said turning off the lights and shutting the door and a moment later Harry found himself unable to move in the now darkened room. Harry groaned, now more than ever regretting the fact that Severus Snape was now his guardian...