Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:

Unbeta'd because my Beta/alpha can't help me out anymore so I am currently looking for a beta/alpha. So excuse any errors pwease?

Skittles,

Solitare

The Beginning of the End

Snape carefully helped Harry up the stairs, he knew better than to just carry the boy. Pride was one thing, but he knew the week Harry had was most likely one of the worst he had in a while. He helped Harry to the room, surprised when the teen hadn't scoffed at him for helping him. Instead Harry leaned heavily on him, when Harry stumbled for the fifth time Snape sighed and without warning swept Harry up into his arms.

"What are you...?" Harry questioned.

"Potter just shut up." Snape snapped. Harry couldn't help it he began to laugh. Snape struggled to keep a straight face as he deposited the young wizard onto the bed.

"I am glad you find this so amusing Mr. Potter because as soon as Draco gets up I am going to give you a very through going over." He said, Harry blinked, then he gulped, but he only burst back into laughter laying back on the bed. Snape watched the teen with an eyebrow raised, when Harry finally calmed down Snape finally spoke up.

"Did they not even talk to you, Potter?" Snape demanded. Harry flopped to his side and stared at Snape. He shrugged, obviously the boy now intended to go back to being difficult...Snape thought. He continued to stare at Harry then he turned and walked towards the door.

"I would suggest you get some sleep, Potter. Because as I said when Draco gets up I will be going over every inch of you to see what damage you've managed to do to yourself in a single week." He said dryly and shut the door quietly. Harry rolled over and stared at the ceiling, he had to mental. That was for sure, not only had he been entirely out of Snape's slimy grasp, but he was allowed to be alone by himself without anyone checking up, or telling him what to do. He closed his eyes allowing himself to relax....Permanent Guardianship...Sirius would be choking to death right now if he knew that Snape was in fact in charge of every detail in Harry's life. He froze and sat up slowly the blood draining from his face...Severus Snape terror of Hogwarts now had every right to tell Harry what to do...

"I'm bloody well screwed!" Harry whispered his eyes wide. He glanced at the door and for a few seconds debated on running. But he shook his head, he knew he would not get very far and Snape would make him pay....and Merlin only knew what Snape would do to him now that he knew he couldn't get into trouble for punishing him. Closing his eyes he allowed himself to relax again, he would deal with the fact that somehow he managed to end up with Snape later...

Harry turned over in his sleep, curling up tightly around a pillow. He moaned when he felt a gentle cool hand touch his forehead.

"Severus...is he alright, he looks worse than before he left." A voice beyond the thick vale of mist that covered Harry's mind said. Another joined it.

"Of course he looks worse! The idiot didn't take care of himself, and no one bothered to make sure that he did! The damage he did this time to his knee, just by walking on it is to great to go untreated." The other voice sneered.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what it sounds like, I am going to do something for that knee once and for all!" The second voice snapped out and Harry felt the cool hand leave his forehead. Silence followed and he began to drift back asleep until he felt something ice cold being applied to his aching knee. His eyes snapped open and he blinked in confusion. Snape looked up from where he was bent over Harry's knee.

"Wonderful, you're awake." Snape said dryly, clearly not pleased that he was indeed awake. Draco stood near the bed an odd look on his face, but he quickly schooled his expression to the normal sneer he wore.

"What is going on." Harry demanded slapping Snape's hand away so he couldn't apply any more of the lotion he had applied, Harry had a sinking feeling. Snape narrowed his eyes.

"Trust me Potter, you want this on you when I begin." Snape snapped and went back to applying it. Harry shivered.

"What do you mean begin?" he asked cautiously. Snape capped the jar and looked up at Harry.

"Dealing with the mess that was once your knee, as it appears not to be getting any better leaving it to heal on it's own, and the fact that the bone's in it are smashed to small for a potion to be able to heal, I am going to go about it in an entirely different manner." He snapped. Harry paled.

"No way." Harry said his voice shaking. Draco looked away keeping silent, he knew that there was nothing he could say to either of them that would change what the outcome was going to be.

"I don't recall giving you any choice in the matter Potter." Snape said softly. Harry glared at him.

"You are not going to mess with my knee." Harry said practically growling at the older man. Snape raised an eyebrow and looked amused.
"I am curious as to how exactly you are going to stop me Potter." Snape pointed out, Harry braced himself upright.

"Go to hell Snape!" He shouted. Snape clicked his tongue. Snape clicked his tongue. He walked over to Harry's head and leaned forward gripping Harry's chin tightly.
"I suggest you choose your words more carefully now Potter, I am sure you have not forgotten that you are now permanently in my care. Which means..." Snape said turning his hand to grip Harry's jaw, though he didn't do any more than grip it. "Which means Mr. Potter if I deem it necessary to do this...then it will be done." He said softly his eyes flashing with a dark look. Harry jerked his chin, and raised his hands to grip Snape's hands.

"Draco, leave us for a moment will you?" Snape asked suddenly, releasing Harry's jaw. Draco gave Snape a confused look but he nodded, slowly walking to the door and shut it behind him. Snape stared down at Harry.

"I am going to make this very clear Potter. I don't like you any more than you like me. But I have never laid a hand on a child. Nor do I intend, despite who you are, to start doing so now. So why don't you do us both a favor, and save the argument and the fighting for a later date." He said. Harry was silent for a moment his eyes almost disbelieving but he sighed releasing Snape's hands which he had still held, running one of them through his misshapen hair he nodded hesitantly.

"What exactly is it that you...are going to be doing?" Harry asked. Snape smirked and handed Harry a vial.

"Trust me Potter, you do not want to know. Just drink this, and when you wake up it will be over." Snape said. Harry stared at the vial and narrowed his eyes.

"After this, this means war you realize?" He snapped. Snape snickered.

"Just drink the potion Potter." Snape said. Harry rolled his eyes and downed the potion.

"I am drinking way to many potions here. Enough to last me a lifetime." Harry grumbled. Snape raised an eyebrow.

"Just think, by the time you get back to Hogwarts you'll be used to the taste of potions." The potions master said dryly. Harry made another face.

"That or I'll be so sick of them." Harry said laying back down his eyes already closing. Snape snorted.

"Oh I will make sure I alternate so that you don't get ‘sick' of any particular potion." Snape said and got one last glare from the teen before he slipped under completely. Draco slipped quietly back into the room.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side." Draco said shaking his head as Snape rolled up his sleeves.

"Draco...I don't have a good side." Snape said actually smiling as he walked over and picked up a tray.
"Wonderful..." Draco muttered and paled when he noticed the items on the tray. "Umm..." He began but Snape reached over and grabbed his arm.

"Don't tell me your squeamish." He stated staring into Draco's eyes. Quickly the blonde shook his head.

"No sir." He said in a hurried voice. Snape nodded and picked up a scalpel, Draco gulped.

"Severus is this really necessary?" he asked and was silenced with a look. Carefully Snape whispered a spell so that his hands were protected. Then he gripped it slicing carefully into the skin of the knee. Then with an equally skilled move he pushed the skin out of his way, causing Draco to pale even more.

"I suggest you look away if you are feeling even the slightest bit nauseous." Snape snapped out in command. Draco quickly looked away as Snape raised his wand, and with a whispered spell began to remove the pieces of the bone that were to small to heal back into place. Then once that was done he flicked his wand again and began to adjust the bones that remained the knee, positioning them correctly with a sickening pop. He connected them with wire to make sure they didn't move out of place, working further he added a few screws right against the leg bone. Then eh quickly began to close the incision. Once it was closed properly he slipped his wand into his pocket and set the scalpel on the tray picking up the bandage in his hands. He lifted the knee carefully and began to bandage it.

"Draco, go to my rooms. You'll find a brace with metal bars running down to the foot. Bring it here." He said. Draco relieved to get away from there quickly did as he was told. Shaking his head, Snape sealed the bandage with a tap from his wand and waited for Draco to return. He only had to wait a few moments before Draco brought back what he had asked for. Handing it to Snape, the teen watched as he lifted the leg again, this time sliding the brace beneath it before he fastened it on. Once he was done he straightened.

"Well at least this will be of some use." He commented as he made sure it was in the right place. Then he turned to Draco.

"I wonder how Mr. Potter will react when he finds out that brace prevents him from bending his leg at all." He said as he pulled the covers over Harry. "I don't feel like dealing with treating a cold as well." He said as an excuse as Draco watched. Draco coughed and looked away.

"So does that mean we are done?" Draco questioned. Snape nodded.

"With what we can do now, yes." Snape said picking up the tray and looked at Draco, in a way he was glad the boy was on the squeamish side. It would further prevent him from joining the Dark Lord's forces. Draco followed him out of the room glancing back at Harry for a moment, shaking his head he shut the door behind him.
A few hours later, Harry blinked away and found as usual his glasses had been taken off. Sitting up slowly he noticed two things were different: one his body wasn't as achy as it had been. And two: as he flipped off the blankets, he noticed his knee was incased in a brace. Snape's handy work he thought. He glanced around and squinted just making out his glasses on the bedside table. Picking them up he slid them on, while he had been asleep his trunk had been brought into the room and unpacked. Blinking again he stared at the empty owl stand near the window. He missed having Hedwig around, at least she was safe and well cared for at Hogwarts. He jumped as he heard the door open. Snape stalked in, clothed in his normal black robes once more.

"Potter." He said sharply causing Harry's back to stiffen.

"Yes sir." He said quickly, Snape shook his head at the boy's reaction. He would have to work on that later.

"I have a meeting I must attend to, I do not know when I shall be back. I expect you to stay in that bed, and if you feel it absolutely necessary you will ask for help from Draco to leave it. Have I made myself perfectly clear?" he demanded. Harry nodded quickly. But as Snape walked towards the door he worked up the nerve to ask a question.

"Is it a Death Eater's meeting Professor?" he asked. Snape froze and turned to stare at him. Harry gulped moving nervously on the bed.

"What did you just say Mr. Potter?" he asked quietly. Harry paled but stood his ground.

"I asked if the meeting was a Death Eater's meeting." He repeated. Snape turned all the way around and glared at Harry.

"I don't believe it's any of your business Mr. Potter." He snarled and left the room slamming the door behind him rather loudly. Harry stared at the door then carefully swung his feet from the bed careful to put his good leg down first. Bracing himself he stood up. Only slight pain followed which meant that either the numbing cream Snape had applied was still working, or Snape had reapplied more when he had still been asleep. Limping, Harry began to go through he drawers of the burrow, stuffing his wallet into his pocket when he found it. Then he grinned as he found what he had been hoping to find. Pulling out the long cloak he stroked it, grateful that whoever had put his things away hadn't known what kind of cloak it was. He limped over to the door and opened it cautiously. He half expected to see Snape standing in the hallway. But it was empty, all he could hear was music blasting from one of the rooms, which he assumed was Draco's. After all Snape didn't seem to be the type to listen to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake and sing along with it (not to badly either). Slipping the cloak on, Harry quietly, well as quietly one could with a brace on one's leg made his way down the hallway. He paused outside the door where he heard the music coming from to make sure he hadn't been heard. A moment later after he was sure he wasn't, he made his way down the stairs slowly and to the front door. He paused and slipped on a shoe that was by the front door (which looked like one of his) and then slipped from the house. He glanced around the grounds and noticed the only path leading away from the manor. Walking to it slowly, he began to follow it. He didn't really intend to run away. He just wanted to explore, and see how far away the nearest town was. He glanced back at the manor, it looked dark and foreboding against the dusk sky. But at the same time, he felt an odd sense of it being home. Shaking his head he continued to walk.

Within a half hour, Harry was finally able to see the town. He stumbled, the numbness of his knee had vanished and was now one long ache. He breathed a sigh of relief as the town thankfully appeared to be a wizard one. Which meant there would be a potions shop, he could buy and down a pain relieving potion and be good to go. Limping he wandered around the road glancing at the signs as he passed them. He was so caught up that he didn't notice someone standing in his way until he rammed into them falling to the ground. He yelped as the cloak fell from his head/

"Harry?!" two voices said in unison. Harry raised his eyes and stared in shock. Fred and George Weasly were staring down at him.

"Uh..." he said trying to come up with an explanation. Fred reached down to Harry's neck and untied the cloak, taking it from Harry he turned and handed it to his twin. Then he looked Harry over frowning at what he saw. He hauled Harry to his feet, then took a hold of his arm, while George took a hold of the other one.

"What do you say, join us for a spot of tea?" George asked, though the twins were already leading Harry in the direction of a small café.

"I don't get much of a choice do I?" Harry said sighing. The twins laughed.

"Of course not..."

"...you have some serious explaning to do." They replied sitting down at one of the table with Harry between them. The twins stared at Harry not missing a single bruise.

"So Harry..."

"...start talking." They said. Harry took a deep breath.

"Lovely weather we're having." He said as the lights around them slowly turned on.

"Harry." The twins scolded as one, Harry sighed.

"I walked into a wall?" he tried but when Fred and George only continued to watch him with their arms folded he gave in.

"My Uncle Vernon decided to use me as a punching bag (again), only this time I decided I had enough. So I got my things and left, took the Knight bus to the Leaky cauldron only to end up meeting Snape there. Somehow I ended up at his house, then Draco came, but his father came a little while after and tried to..." Harry said but Fred held up a hand.

"Sp let me get this straight, your uncle has been abusing you and you've never told anyone?" he asked angrily. Harry glanced at George, but he looked every bit as angry as his twin.

"Um...cause it wasn't normally that bad? Besides I'm not going to go whining about my life...not like anyone would have really believed me." He muttered. He yelped as two hands slapped him on the back of his head.

"We would've and you know that." They said. Harry winced and nodded.

"Alright. I didn't want anyone to know about it." He admitted and the twins nodded satisfied.

"So go on tell us the rest." George said.

"Well Draco (who actually is being civil to me) his father showed up, saw him near me and went nuts. He tried to crucio him but...I kinda sorta pushed Draco out of the way." He said adding the last bit in a clump of words, in hopes that the twins didn't actually make out what he said.

"You did what!" both red heads shouted at Harry, no such luck he thought.

"Listen Snape stunned him almost right after!" he shouted back, the twins glared at him.

"What other trouble have you managed to get yourself into?" George asked rubbing his temple. Harry opened his mouth to object.

"Leaving the manor without permission, walking on a severely injured knee." A voice answered from behind Harry. All three turned to see Severus Snape, pale and very angry.

"Mr. Potter, you can not even begin to understand how much trouble you are in." Snape said in a soft voice that sent chills down Harry's spine, Harry shivered, he had a feeling his entire life, had just taken a turn for the worse...