Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter hope you all enjoy it! Please Review!
Fist of Fury

Just a little more...just a little longer...he only had to push a little more. He panted as he pushed himself up from the fiftieth push up his face gray his body shook. He was pushing to hard. And he knew Snape would've been already in there if...if Dumbles hadn't shown up. He pushed down again and wheezed out a breath, he could barely move now, and if Snape walked in and saw him then he had a strange feeling he was going to live to regret it. He pushed up his arms shaking, he needed to get back in shape...he didn't care what Snape had told him his wounds would heal and as they did, he would become rapidly out of shape. He lowered himself again resting his head on the cool floor waiting for his chest to stop burning. Three more days had passed, he kept track marking off the sun and the darkness, and the fact that, that was the only thing Snape would tell him. It was ridiculous he fumed, which was why he was trying to push himself even more. If he could prove to Snape that he was strong enough...then Snape would finally do two things, answer his questions and let him out of the room. A little more...just rest a little more...he thought closing his eyes. He smirked...he rather liked how Snape dealt with Dumbledore's sudden unexpected visit...

...Several hours prior...

Harry groaned and covered his face with a pillow as Snape's voice droned on beside him talking about all the trouble he went to brew the potions Harry supposedly needed to recover. Blah blah blah...on and on he went, talking of ingredients like Harry actually gave a dahm. He groaned again and the voice stopped.

"Potter if you are attempting to smother yourself, I must point out two things, you aren't pressing that pillow down hard enough, and two you don't have to strength to press it down hard enough so stop acting like a child." Snape's muffled voice said. Harry stuck his tongue out at him from underneath the pillow, so what if he was acting like a child, Snape was worse than even Madame Pomfrey was! And Harry had thought that was an impossible feat to occur. Another moment of blissful silence and the pillow was snatched from Harry's hands by one very irate Potions Master.

"What?!" Harry snapped out, Snape (blast him!) merely raised an eyebrow and handed Harry a glass. Swearing rather brilliantly at the man Harry downed it as quick as possible visibly gagging at the taste. "I swear, you find new inventive ways to make these taste worse." Harry muttered glaring at him. Snape smirked.

"Now there's an idea, make a potion so vile that it would have to be forcefully poured down the person's throat." Snape said handing Harry his glass of mucous (because seriously that's what it looked like, and tasted like week old eggs and bacon). Harry stared at it, he was embarrassed to admit that every time Snape handed it to him he hadn't been able to force himself to drink it, and Snape had taken great pleasure in...helping him drink it.

"What the hell is this supposed to be again?" Harry said praying it was just something extra.

"Proteins, nutrients, blood replenisher and strengthening potion. Drink it Potter, you aren't going to get out of it." Snape said, and Harry knew that glint in his eyes, he was all set to go on as he had been. Harry closed his eyes and put the glass to his lips but lowered it as he gagged at the smell alone.

"Potter..." Snape said in a weary voice. He took the glass from Harry.

"Screw that! I'd rather take a dozen or more potions than having to take that one!" Harry snapped. Snape reached down and easily grabbed hold of Harry's jaw. Normally he would've replied with a snide remark, but this time he set his jaw grimly. Harry pushed at Snape's arm, if he had been at full strength he would've gotten the man to let go but he was still far too weak. Snape forced the jaw open, and twitched when a loud pop was heard just outside the door, his eyes darted to it as he heard it open, but his hand was still steady and tipped the entire glass down Harry's throat forcing his mouth closed so he couldn't spit it out. He felt the boy twitch and struggle to gag. Then he let all his attention be on the door. He had his wand out and ready as he set the now empty glass on the table. He actually let loose a growl as Albus Dumbledore walked into the room, he looked at Harry who had finally gotten the last of the potion down his throat. He laid a hand on Harry's shoulder and pressed slightly silently telling him not to sit up.

"Headmaster...I was not aware that I gave you permission to be in my home." Snape said while Harry felt a wave of shock...he was in Snape's house!

"I had a feeling you were the reason Severus, why there was no trace of Harry on the battlefield at Riddle Manor graveyard. There are a great many people searching for him, and a great many who want to meet the man who finally defeated Voldemort." Dumbledore said in a delighted voice. Snape glanced at Harry who closed his eyes and grimaced at the thought of being even more famous than the boy who lived.

"And you are not going to tell anyone he is here. Nor that you found him." Snape said calmly. Dumbledore laughed, which as Harry would think later on was a big mistake.

"Severus, my dear boy we cant do that! Harry is needed..." but that was as far as he was able to get, Snape snapped out with his left fist clocking Dumbledore straight in the face sending the headmaster flying back out of the room. Snape spun and gave Harry a glare.

"Stay in that bed Potter." He growled and stormed from the room the door slamming shut and spells preventing eavesdropping were thrown into place...

...present time...

Harry snickered again at the sight of Dumbledore flying again and pushed himself back up. He still couldn't believe Snape had punched him. And all because Dumbles had wanted to let everyone know where Harry was. Down again...Snape had punched Dumbledore...up again...Harry laughed out loud as he panted slightly. The door flew open to a very angry Snape.

"Potter! Get your arse back into that bed laying down! And I don't want you to move for a week!" Snape snapped. Harry shifted to sit staring at him. A week? Why the hell did he put a time frame on it. Harry thought as he rested watching Snape fume.

"Dahm Dumbledore! Can't mind his own blasted business. Then distracts me enough so, you are alone and do what you normally do. Dangerous things!" Snape raved.

"How are push ups dangerous things!" Harry demanded, Snape was really becoming ridiculous spewing out new rules left and right.

"Let's act like you actually have a brain, shall we? Increase of heart rate, not good after blood loss! You're wounds are closed but not all are perfectly closed meaning...they can reopen." Snape said pressing two fingers between his eyes on the bridge of his nose acting like he was talking to a first year.

"I only did a couple!" Harry snapped but added silently to himself, like over sixty.

"A couple, then I must be Merlin! Just because I didn't come running in here, doesn't mean I wasn't aware that you were doing something!" Snape thundered. Harry paled and glanced away from Snape his face going slightly red against the gray tint from embarrassment.

"Okay a little more than a few." He admitted.

"Humph. Yes I say. I want you to sleep Potter, I want you to get better, after you are healed, then we will work on getting you strong again. I know you want your bloody answers but now is not that time." Snape said actually managing to have a civil tone. Harry looked away and muttered underneath his breath adding the words ‘worse than Pomfrey'.

"I am not. I am your guardian at the moment whether you or I like it. Just accept the fact." Snape said and folded his arms as he waited for Harry to obey him. Muttering, Harry brought his legs underneath him and grabbed a hold of the bed struggling to get back on it. When Snape made a move to help him Harry slapped at his hands.

"I don't need your help." He said his voice filled with venom. Snape stared at Harry for a moment before he knelt grabbing Harry's chin.

"There are times when everyone must accept that they do need help." He said softly staring into Harry's angry eyes. Harry stared back and sighed.

"Fine." He admitted and Snape gently hooked his arms around Harry's waist and hauled him up, pushing him back on to the bed swung his legs on top of it sweeping the blankets back over Harry. He meant to launch into a lecture but Harry was already asleep. And he had another problem on his hands. Dumbledore blast him was hell bent on informing the world where Harry was. He cringed he knew what he had to do, he had to contact....him...and dahm it he wanted nothing to do with that person...sighing and resigning himself to it he left the room taking out a piece of parchment. He had relied on said person once before and he had proved useful. And he hated having to write the next sentence...a code that would tell the man that he was whom he said he was.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

................................................................................

"I don't know what to tell you Severus. So far the word is that Harry hasn't been found, which means Dumbledore has kept his word to you."

"I know he is up to something, he was less than pleased with my reluctance. And I know somehow the information he is here will accidentally leak." Harry blinked at the other voice struggling to wake up. He knew that voice...he wanted to see that face!

"Severus, I agree but there aren't many places where we can ‘hide' him. This is one of the least known places." Wake up...you need to wake up! Harry's mind screamed frantically afraid that if he didn't wake up the owner to that voice would be gone. Footsteps then a hand on his cheek. "Harry calm down go back to sleep." The voice said. Like hell I'm going back to sleep! Harry thought.

"Potter refuses to listen to me Lupin, I doubt he will listen to you. And I suspect you are the sole reason he wishes to wake up." Jerk...Harry thought at Snape, his eyes finally opened though they felt like lead. Remus leaned forward a smile on his face his eyes tired as always, he moved the hair from Harry's forehead.

"You've seen me Harry, now go back to sleep. I promise you I will be here when you wake up." He said. Harry shook his head, Remus would tell him! He opened his mouth.

"Don't even try asking him Potter, he won't answer either." Snape said stiffly. Remus smiled sadly and nodded.

"Harry, it's for your own good okay? Now go back to sleep before Snape pours a sleeping draught down your throat." He said jokingly.

"He can't..." Harry said tiredly with a smirk, "He did that last night I think." Snape sneered.

"Potter sleep, or else I will make sure Remus is not here when you wake up." Snape threatened. Harry closed his eyes a smile still on his face.

"He can't be, he can't let...Dumbledore know that he know..." Harry trailed off and fell back asleep. Remus turned to face Snape.

"Severus what did he mean by that?" The werewolf demanded. Snape rolled his eyes and made sure that Harry was in a deep enough sleep to explain.

"What I believe the boy means, is that if Dumbledore found out that you now not only know that Harry is here, but are here as well it would make life quite difficult on everyone. However...I think that a brief vacation from the Order would be allowed, during that time you can stay here. But I don't think that is possible so soon after the Dark Lord's defeat." He said. Why did the boy insist on making life difficult?

"...Severus, at least allow me to remain here to speak with Harry when he wakes up again." Remus said. Snape nodded.

"Very well...I need to go brew Potter's next dose, the fresher the more potent they are which means the more they help." He stated and left the werewolf to fuss over the boy. Remus watched him leave then shook his head, seriously who would've known that Snape was the best person to take care of Harry. He sighed and pulled the chair in the room close to the bed staring at Harry. His heart clenched every time he remembered the frantic...alright not frantic but annoyed owl from Snape regarding Harry. And then finding Harry on that battlefield with him, battered and bleeding. Remus clenched his fist. Oh when Harry woke up fully he intended to give a full lecture. Sirius would as well...he thought at his lost friend closing his eyes. Sirius would actually respect Snape for everything he was doing. And the way he guarded Harry so closely. Remus conjured a book and settled himself more comfortably. Even if he couldn't stay he fully intended to visit as much as possible...

To be continued...