Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I’d also like to take this time to thank My Husband and LovesRickman for encouraging me to follow through with what I really wanted to do, and not let my worries of what others will think stop me. Thank you both, you’re the greatest!
Chapter 19: Perchance to Dream

Harry found himself once again sitting in a room full of chairs, wearing his best black robes, and watching as the Weasley family grieved for their youngest member. He quietly made his way to the casket to say goodbye to his love.

"Oh, Ginny, I'm so sorry. I wanted to save you from this. To protect you. You acted like you understood at Dumbledore's funeral, but did you really?" Harry asked the corpse through his tears.

"NO! I didn't understand then, just as I don't understand now. You said you loved me Harry. Why did you toss me away and leave me unprotected? Why didn't you come save me? You know, Harry, I should have known better than to fall in love with you. The only thing you've ever brought those that loved you was death. And poor Cedric, what did he do to deserve the death he got? He was nice to you, he helped you with your egg," Ginny demanded to know as she rose from her coffin. Harry was startled awake right as she grabbed his robes and tried to pull him back down with her.

"Oh Merlin, what have I done?" Harry asked the empty room. A quick ‘Tempus', showed Harry that it was just after two AM. Acting quickly Harry got dressed, grabbed his pack, and quietly made his way to the Cabinet room.

It wasn't very long before Harry found himself opening the door to Salazar's Office.

"Harry? What in Merlin's name are you doing here at this time of night? Harry?" Sal asked him.

Harry ignored the man, and went out into the main chamber. Shutting the door most of the way behind him.

Harry then started searching the ground. "Oh, come on. It has to be around here somewhere. It's not like anyone else can get down here and tidy up the place. Where did that fang...ah here we go. Ah and plenty sharp still, too. Perfect," Harry mumbled to himself as he set the fang down and searched through his rucksack. "Ah-ha, here we go. Ginny, I promise you, I will end this soon. Just one more after these two, and I'll be able to get revenge for you," Harry babbled.

Setting the locket in front of him, Harry grabbed the fang and raised it above his head. "Ginny, this one and all the rest is for you!" He yelled as he plunged the fang into the heart of the locket. And nothing happened.

Harry's shoulders slumped as he stood up to walk away. "And they call me their ‘Chosen..."

He never got to finish that thought as he was blasted into the wall by the backlash from the Horcrux destruction. Dazed, Harry tried to make his way back into the office, where he collapsed just inside the door, sending Salazar into a frenzy.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

"...rry?...ay ther...ight ba..."

A groan was all that could be heard in response.

...ervate...

...not work...

...an't risk Popp...

...arr...come on, wake...

"Uragh...what happened? Professor McGonagall? Where am I?" Harry asked, after finally returning consciousness.

"That's it, Mr. Potter, welcome back. Do you not remember what you were doing, Mr. Potter?" she asked, in her stern tone that Harry remembered so well.

Harry thought back as he tried to sit up. He was walking back to the office, after...after? The Locket, the fang, OH! "Ginny?" he asked, his voice barely audible.

"Indeed Mr. Potter. Your foolishness still knows no bounds, I see."

Harry could have sworn that snark could only come from one person, so why was it a female voice he heard it in? Harry carefully turned his head to see who was speaking. "Madam Pince?" he asked, unable to hold back his shock.

"No, Potter. Do use that brain of yours. Although, it's obvious by your recent actions, that you do not have one. Running off in the middle of the night, not telling anyone in the house where you were going, not even leaving a note, and by the looks of what is left of this mangled locket, you have also attempted to...well," he/she paused glancing at Minerva, "We will discuss that later, at length!" Snape finished, eerily enough pulling of his normal scowl even in Madam Pince's face.

Harry tried to sit up, but got tangled in..."Wha?!? What happened?" Harry gasped, pulling up a handful of hair from his side. Harry quickly scrambled up, and after finding his wand, he effortlessly transfigured a mirror. The sight that greeted him was incredible. In place of his normally messy, short, warm black hair, was a tangle of very long, sleek, blue-black hair.

"But, I wasn't wearing a Glamour this time? What did the backlash do to me? Oh, Merlin, please no. Tom Riddle's appearance changed with each one he made, are destroying them changing me as well?" Harry asked pleadingly, bordering on a state of panic.

"Severus, I think it's time. I...don't you see, what the boy thinks is happening to him is so much worse than reality. It's time he knows, Severus. Come on, let's get the two of you up to my office. At least there Albus can help you explain, seeing how he's had a hand in all this mess too," Minerva said calmly.

Each of them turned to the indignant squawk Salazar made behind them. "Is this how I am thanked? You all are just going to leave me down here? You are not going to explain to me what is going on? Why I never! Even Godric gave me more respect than that!" he huffed.

Minerva rolled her eyes. If Harry had been in a better mood he would have laughed at the unusual look on his ex-Head of House's face.

"Salazar you know very well that you have full run of the castle. It's your own fault you stay down here, alone!" replied the Headmistress.

"Yes, well. I don't like sharing someone else's portrait, now do I," Salazar said, sounding somewhat petulant.

"You just need to ask. I can set up a second portrait for you in my office when I get the time, if you'd like? But for now, we need to concentrate on young Harry here." She turned back to the young man, and gestured for him to follow her. "Come on boys. Severus, is your Glamour holding well? It wouldn't be good for it to drop halfway to my office."

"You know very well that this particular form is easy for me to hold. That is why I chose it. Well, that and my mo...Madam Pince being seen with you late at night, would not be questioned. Now, Harry if you would let me charm this mess of hair you now have, I can make it easier for you to move. Seeing how much is dragging the ground, I would say you have at least eight feet of hair hanging from your head. That will not make for easy mobility," Severus explained wand poised.

"Eight feet? You're trying to tell me that my hair grew eight feet in that short amount of time?" Harry all but yelled.

"Calm down, Harry. All will be explained in my office. Now, if you would follow me, we could get on with it," Minerva said.

With a nod, the three of them started towards the steps, only to hear a, "If I don't hear from you soon, young man, I'll cut you off. I'll seal up my office and Chamber and not even your immense magical strength and Parseltongue will get you back down here. Can not believe you would worry me like that passing out in MY office, only to leave me out of the explanation, today's youth knows nothing about manners," from Salazar.

Harry just shook his head and followed his ex-Professors up the stairs.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Minerva motioned for Harry and Severus to have a seat, and offered tea. After everyone was settled she asked, "Severus, would you prefer for me to leave the two of you...yes excuse me Albus, the three of you alone?" She amended her question when Albus cleared his throat from his portrait.

"Yes, thank you, Minerva."

She nodded and set down her teacup, "I shall be in the teachers lounge if you need me. Severus, as you know, Irma is normally in the teacher's lounge having a quiet breakfast. Would you like me to pass along a message, I know you haven't been able to speak to her in some time," Minerva asked softly.

Severus looked pensive. "If you would, tell her that I shall speak with her later today, if she can meet me in my rooms. Minerva," here Severus paused, his words seemed stuck, "thank you." He finally said quietly.

"No need to thank me, Severus. You should know, both of you should know that I'm always here for you," she said, glancing at Harry so he would understand he was included in her statement as well.

Harry nodded his acknowledgement and watched as she left her office.

Albus, who had been fairly quite, took his opportunity to speak as Minerva left. "I see we can no longer put this off. Do you know what caused the changes, Severus?"

"The first changes started on his seventeenth birthday, Albus. He grew between four and six inches, quite literally, over night. Then after Moody killed Nagini, Harry's appearance changed once again." Severus paused, giving a very confused looking Harry a once over. "His most recent change came after the imbecilic cretin let his grief over the loss of Miss Weasley take over, and went to the Chamber and destroyed the Locket. The boy is, once again, lucky to be alive!" Severus exclaimed, shocking Harry when he realized that Severus was genuinely scared for him.

"I see," Albus said as he rubbed his chin.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but what is it you see? This is all very confusing. What does Madam Pince have to do with Snape? And why is it at first Snape claims he doesn't know what's causing my changes, and now he does seem to know and you seem to at least agree, if not expected his explanation? And now he also seems scared because I was hurt, when he rarely ever cared when I was a student. You know, after the Prophesy and Sirius' death, I thought you were past keeping things from me. I guess I was wrong, Sir!" Harry exclaimed, venting a little of his frustrations.

Severus had gotten up and started pacing as Harry ranted. He sighed as he tried to get his thoughts together. "Irma Pince is my mother. She has been hiding here for many years. Albus was not lying to Draco when he said that we could hide someone and have the other side not even realize it," Severus explained.

"But Hermione found an article on your mum last year, when she was trying to convince me that your old book was bad, and we found out your mum's name was Eileen Prince," Harry said still confused.

"Use your head, Harry. Would it be smart for someone to go into hiding and still use their name? Mother took my love for playing with her name and used it to come up with her alias. I - R - MA Pince translates to I ma Prince. Very simple and rather ingenious, if you ask me," Severus said with a smirk.

Albus cleared his throat, and said, "That's all well and good my boy, but don't you think you should get down to the real reason we are up here?" Albus said.

Harry was surprised that a portrait could make one feel like a child with a few words and a single look.

"Well, considering you faked your death to get out of this, you have no room to talk," Severus snarked.

Albus' portrait started to change right before Harry's eyes, he almost fainted when Albus safely landed in from of him.

"Yo..your alive? You? But why? Everyone thinks your dead. Do you know how devastated I was? And what does Snape mean? You faked your death to get out of what?" Harry asked, trying to get his mind to wrap around everything.

Albus walked over to Severus, grabbed him by the ear and moved him to sit down next to Harry. He then glared at Severus and said, "Quit stalling and tell the poor lad the truth, or was he right when he called you a coward?" Albus questioned.

Severus scowled at Albus, "Do not dare call me a coward, you meddlesome old coot. You are the one that started this mess, it is not my fault he grew up without either of his parents," Severus said in his quiet voice that sent even the toughest seventh year into tears.

"Wait, actually it IS your fault, Snape. Trelawney told me about you interrupting her interview with Dumbledore at the Hog's Head. You're the one that over heard the Prophesy and then went and squealed to your ‘Lord'," Harry sneered, doing a very good impression of Severus.

"No, Harry. Severus didn't run off to tell Tom, not in the sense you are thinking. Severus was spying on me for Tom, with my knowledge. I knew he was out there, he heard the entire Prophesy, and under great duress took what I wanted him to Tom. I was very serious with you, Harry, when I told you that you had more than enough reason to strike me down after Sirius' death.

I knew after I heard what Sibyll spoke, that the only way to bring down Tom was to allow him to ‘Mark someone as his equal'. I never imagined that my decision would cost innocent lives, but then I never dreamed that Sirius, or Peter for that matter, could betray their friends. Like you Harry, I tend to see the best in people. I had hoped that Lily and James would safely go into hiding, as Alice and Frank did, and everyone would be safe. At the time I didn't understand that the Prophesy literally meant Tom had to mark you physically. Yet another mistake I made, not placing enough credence in the art of Divination.

Harry, I do hope you come to eventually forgive me. As an old as I am, I hate to say that most of my sins have plagued your short life. I grew too sure in my own abilities, and discounted other's that were involved as well. I not only took the two loving parents away from you that you knew, I took another as well," Albus finished as a tear made its way down his cheek into his beard.

"I don't understand, you've already apologized about Sirius. What does that have to do with what Snape said?" Harry asked, even more confused than before.

"Harry, Albus wasn't talking about Sirius. He was talking about me. Lily and I married shortly after we left school. I had already been marked and turned away from Tom in my sixth year, she understood and forgave me. Other than Albus, Lily was the only other one to truly see me," Severus started to explain.

"But what about James? Did Mum have an affair? And what about poor Neville? Did you both have affairs?" Harry asked.

"Neville?" Albus questioned. "What does poor Neville have to do with this? After Tom marked you, Neville really had nothing to do with the situation. His poor parents came out of hiding when they thought it was safe after you took down Tom's body. They didn't know Bellatrix had been told that another couple was a target as well as Lily and James," Albus explained.

"Albus, it seems that Miss Granger over heard Lucius and I talking about my son. She some how came to the conclusion that Neville was my son, and she then shared that information with Mr. Weasley and Harry," Severus said, trying to keep the disgusted look off his face.

Albus laughed. "Oh, I'm sorry my dear boy. I'm sure you didn't take that very well. No, I imagine you took that news rather badly," Albus said, finishing in yet another laugh.

Harry looked horrified. "If Neville isn't Snape's son, then who is? There is no way possible it could be me. I look like a carbon...copy...Oh Bloody Hell! This is what's been happening to me, isn't it? What was done to me to make me look so much like James?" Harry said as he wordlessly transfigured his teacup into a mirror. He took the time to examine his appearance compared to Severus'. "Well at least I got Mum's nose," Harry said, not realizing he said it aloud until he heard Albus chuckle.

He quickly turned to face the old man. "I wouldn't be too happy yet, if I were you. Both of you still have quite a lot to explain. I'm still not sure which would be worse, the Horcruxes changing me like they did Tom, or this...the idea that everything I've grown up knowing being a lie. And the way you treated me? Bloody hell, you took Malfoy with you and protected him after all that mess, and you left me alone to deal with my grief over his faked death! I...I can't deal with this right now," Harry said running to the door. Finding it locked he roared, "LET ME OUT OLD MAN!" turned the handle and ran from the office.

"Why did you let him out? There is no telling what he will do in this state of mind," Severus demanded.

Albus looked dumbfounded, "My boy, I didn't let him out. He unlocked that door on his own. He has always been a powerful wizard, but it seems that he is coming into his own powers as well as what he took from Tom. Fawkes," Albus called. "Ah, there you are my faithful companion. Fawkes, Harry has recently had a bit of a shock. I need you to follow him and make sure he is all right. Can you do this for me?" Albus asked as he ran his fingers through the phoenix's feathers.

Fawkes looked into Albus' eyes, rubbed his head against the old mans cheek, and then was gone in a flash.

Albus glanced at his hand, and noticed the black deadness was starting to creep back up his fingers. "Severus my boy, I must return to the portrait and let your potions do their job fully. While I am almost cured, as you can see," he said holding up his hand, "I am not fully there yet."

"Yes, and Minerva will kill you herself if she knew you were alive and well. I do not want to be there for that reunion. This one was disaster enough," Severus said giving an uncharacteristic shudder.

"Do not fret, Severus, Fawkes will keep Harry safe. The poor boy has had his world shatter and land around his feet. He has been through so much pain in just the past few days," Albus said, once again in the portrait. You should call Dobby and have him take a message to your mother. You know she worries about you. Have her meet you in your rooms, and you can share the recent events with her. I feel the need to take a rather large nap," Albus said even as his eyes were closing.

Severus shook his head and called for the crazy elf. "Dobby, have Madam Pince meet me in my rooms. I shall be there waiting for her." As soon as the elf squeaked a quick "Yes, Sir," and popped out, Severus flooed to his rooms.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

‘I need a place to hide and think. I need a place to hide and think. I need a place to hide and think.' Harry thought as he walked back and forth. He let out a sigh of relief as the door to the Room of Requirement appeared in front of him.

He opened the door, stepped in, and his mouth hit the floor. The room was filled with scissors, mirrors, and...shelves of books? Harry looked at the books and the titles explained it all. ‘Glideroy Lockhart's Guide to Perfect Hair in an Imperfect Situation.' Harry snorted, "Not if my life depended on it!"

‘Sam's Fantastic Book of Hair', "that's a little better."

‘Everything a Wizard Needs to Know About Out of Control Hair'. Harry snorted, "Yes, I do believe eight feet of hair is a bit out of control."

‘1001 styles and the Charms to achieve them', "Merlin where is Hermione when you need her?" Harry asked the room. "No, I didn't figure you could provide actual people, if you could Ginny would be here," he said as he thumbed through the book of styles, not noticing the crystal ball that appeared in the corner with Ginny's bruised face showing in it.

"Argh! How can anyone decide between all these choices? My hair might have been constantly messy, but at least I didn't have to deal with any of this. I'll go with long and straight for now, and let Hermione help me when she gets the chance. This will help me get around unnoticed for now too. Who would expect the ‘Chosen One' to look like Snape?" Harry said as he picked up the right pair of scissors for just a straight cut. He then charmed them for the correct length and had them cut away the bulk of his over grown hair. He then growled. "What?!? It's not bad enough that my hair has changed but now it's all wavy? Oh man, Hermione is really going to have to help me deal with this mess. Who knew I'd long for that constantly messy mop I had before?"

He looked in a full-length mirror to take in all the changes. Where once stood a short, average teen; now stood a tall, brooding, gangly young man, hiding behind a long, thick curtain of almost waist length, black as midnight, hair. "I don't think this can get much worse, I look like Snape with a perm," he complained to the room. He then dropped onto a couch that had appeared and curled into himself, letting all the emotion and stress that he had been holding in, go.

He was startled some time later when a heavy object landed on his side. Looking up he was shocked to see Fawkes.

"'lo Fawkes, they send you to do their dirty work and make me come back?" Harry asked dejectedly.

The Phoenix just sat there looking into Harry's eyes, before he started singing. Harry closed his eyes and tried to absorb the peace that Fawkes was giving him. He was so upset he didn't notice when the bird hopped down and started rubbing his head on Harry's face and shoulder, giving even more comfort.

Eventually Harry calmed down enough to sit up. Fawkes hopped to stand in front of the teen and looked up to him expectantly.

"One would think I'd be used to weird things happening to me, Fawkes, but this just goes above and beyond anything I've ever had to deal with. I grew up thinking one man was my father. And even if I didn't hear much good about him from the Dursleys, I knew he loved me. Now, it turns out, this man died for me, and I don't even understand or know why.

Oh yes, and let's have the one man I looked up to more than anything, be one of the one's to tell me, but only do so after I find out he faked his death.

I don't even want to mention the way HE treated me all these years. I understand his need for keeping up appearances in front of his Slytherins, but his attitude only got worse in our Occlumency lessons. His horrible attitude makes even less sense now. He didn't even try teaching me. I learned more from that book Hermione got us, than I ever did from him..." Harry said, by now he was pacing back and forth in front of Fawkes, who was enjoying the show.

Harry was so caught up in his ranting, that he didn't notice when the room changed to include a very recognizable portrait. "Harry, dear boy, do not blame your father for his dragon of an attitude. He's only ever done what he thought was best for you. You watched the memory of his leaving you behind..." Albus said.

"Yes, I saw him leave me behind at YOUR suggestion. Have you ever told me anything other than lies? I don't see how everyone thinks you were a Gryffindor during your school days, there's no way you could have been anything other than Slytherin from what I've seen of you. So, how did you trick James into claiming me?" Harry asked balling his hands into fists so that he didn't hex the portrait.

This action did not go unnoticed by Dumbledore. "I did not do a thing to trick James. He offered to go into hiding with Lily on his own. The only thing he asked was to do a rare form of adoption so that he would be able to pass on his bloodline if the worst happened to him. As you see, it was very prudent of him, the Potter line would have been lost had he not done that. As you can see, you mostly look like a child of Lily and Severus Snape, but that wave in your hair has to be what is left of James' contribution," Dumbledore explained.

"So, why are you here explaining this instead of HIM? What, did he finally so his true colors and turn tail and run?" Harry asked snidely.

"Harry, that is enough! You are no longer a child, and this behavior is beneath you! I have heard many great things about you in these past months. You over came your anger with Severus and not only worked with him, but the Malfoy family as well. Minerva still talks about you standing up to the Order and demanding that they get back to work and quit grieving for me."

Albus ignored Harry's snort and continued, "You had already gained the respect of Godric in your second year, and now I would say that you have gained more than respect from Salazar, if his reaction to you collapsing in his office has any meaning. He was rather frantic in his demand that Minerva gather Severus and make a way for her to be able to transport him with them so that he could open the doors. You have matured so far, why are you letting yourself slip back into old roles so easily?" Albus asked.

Harry laughed, and Albus cringed, it wasn't a pleasant laugh. "Oh yes, I've matured so far. Well beyond my seventeen years wouldn't you say? And who pray tell do I have to thank for this maturity? You, my so called Uncle, Snape, the entire wizarding world who seems to think I owe them my life?" Harry asked bitterly. "You seem to be shocked about my attitude in here. Don't you understand that even I have my limits and need to vent occasionally? As you've said, I've done well around others. You're lucky I've not repeated my actions of fifth year, especially now that I find out just how much you've been keeping from me. I'd say that I've done rather well, considering," Harry said as he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest.

Albus wisely decided that now was not the moment to mention the similarities between father and son. "So I can count on you to continue as you have, and act like the mature young man you have proven yourself to be?" Albus questioned.

Harry sighed and rubbed his scar, "Yes, Sir. I know what is at stake. I'm not going to risk everything over a petty grudge, no matter how well earned that grudge is," Harry said.

"Will you do me one last favor, Harry?"

Harry glanced at the portrait wearily, and slowly replied, "It depends, your favors have a habit of costing more than they appear."

"Yes quite right, unfortunately, my dear boy. Although, I do believe that this would cost you far greater in the long run if you choose not to do it. I want you to try and get to know your father. He's paid far more for my favors than any other person I have ever asked anything of. Lucius spied for me, yes, but his family was not taken away from him in the process, well no longer than a year at least. And from what I hear that while it is a big adjustment for Draco, he is indeed making those adjustments just fine," Albus sighed rubbing his eyes. "Harry, please, he's suffered far too much. Don't take anything else from him." Albus pleaded.

Harry thought for a moment and then nodded. "As long as he tries, I will too. But that's all I can promise," Harry said sinking into the couch once again. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to try and relax some before I...go find Snape," Harry said, hoping Dumbledore didn't catch his stumble.

"Of course, oh and Harry? I am very proud of you. You have come so far in such little time, and under such harsh conditions." Albus gave Harry no time to reply, his portrait was sucked back into the castle.

Harry looked around the room, to make sure that Dumbledore was in fact gone. Once he was positive that he was mostly alone, Harry glanced over to find Fawkes sleeping. He smirked, cast a Notice-Me-Not charm around himself, and left the bird to its nap.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Severus was in his favorite chair, nursing a large glass of Firewhiskey, when his door opened and a very upset looking woman rushed in.

"Severus, are you ok? Should you be in the castle, and drinking? Severus, surely it is not that bad?" Eileen questioned having a flash back to her late husbands drunk moments.

"Yes, Mother, things are that bad, and no, I am not drunk. I would not inflict that state on either of us. It is Harry, he knows, and as you can guess he did not take the news very well. Mother, you would not believe what he did. Wandlessly and wordlessly, he unlocked the Headmistress's office door. No one but the owner of that door should be able to do that, as Umbridge found out if you remember correctly. It was a spectacular display of will and power. I doubt he even knows what he's capable of, and I know he won't let me teach him. Damn Albus!" Severus snarled.

"Oh, Severus, all is not lost. You've seen how forgiving Harry is. He forgave that awful Weasley brat after his betrayal during that horrendous contest. He's even been working with you and Lucius," she said trying to soothe her son.

Severus closed his eyes and let his head rest on the back of the chair. "I hope you are right, I don't think I can handle losing him. He's the only hope I've been able to hang onto all these years."

Eileen nodded, and settled into her spot on the couch, giving her son silent strength, just as she has over the years.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Harry quickly made his way to the front gate, trying his best to not draw any attention to himself; glad he had transfigured his robes into a Hufflepuff uniform. No one ever bothered them. He was relieved when he reached the gates, nonetheless.

Once past the wards, he Disapparated to the Burrow, hoping to find his friends there. He didn't want to cause a scene at St. Mungo's, and knowing Ron, there was bound to be a scene.

Extremely glad that the wards still recognized him, he made his way to the kitchen door and stepped in, only to find two wands pointed straight at his heart.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he looked into very familiar pairs of brown and blue eyes. "Hey guys, I know I don't look a thing like me. But if you give me a few questions I'm sure I can prove to you that I am Harry," he said quickly trying to appease his friends.

Ron and Hermione both looked at each other, silently asking what the other thought.

"Look guys, what can it hurt. If I'm not me, then you can take me to Mr. Weasley. Here, I'll even give you my wand," he said as he pulled it out and handed it handle first to Hermione.

Ron looked back at Hermione and shrugged, Hermione motioned for Ron to go first.

Ron thought for a few and then asked, "Ok, what chess piece did Hermione replace?"

Harry rubbed his scar, which caused Hermione and Ron to relax just a little, and then answered, "I was the bishop, and Ron was the knight. Hermione was the...castle. Yes, that's it. Hermione was the castle."

"Ok, Harry, what was it that a lot of the greatest wizards never possessed?" she asked, keeping he eyes pealed for any other small clues.

Harry tried to run his hand through his hair and scowled when it got stuck in the long mess. He then looked up and answered, "Logic. You said that many of the greatest wizards would have been stuck down there forever because they didn't have an ounce of logic." Harry said, thankful that he had remembered their adventures together.

Hermione squealed and attacked Harry is a breath-stealing hug. "Oh Harry, what happened? Is this another side effect of the backlash from Moody?"

"Not quite, um, is there anyone else here? We need to talk and no one else can know about this right now," Harry said as he took his wand back from Hermione.

"We're it, mate, Dad doesn't want the house empty. And he doesn't want anyone left alone. After what happened to Mum and Ginny, he says this is the safest. We still aren't sure how Ginny was gotten out of school, and since Mum was alone, no one knows if she had reason to pull Ginny out or what," Ron explained.

Harry looked puzzled, "Shouldn't the wards have repelled anyone that shouldn't have been here? I mean isn't that why you all haven't been attacked by Death Eaters before? Between your family's reputation and you being my best mate, I mean come on, your prime targets. But you all lasted this long without an attack, I guess I thought your family was safe," Harry said with a sad shrug, trying very hard to keep his tears at bay. It didn't work. "Merlin, Ron, I'm so sorry." Harry said slumping down into a chair and hiding his hands in his face.

"Harry, you told Ron and everyone else you were sorry when you saw them at St. Mungo's. We all know how you feel, but what's wrong now, Harry?" Hermione asked, genuinely puzzled.

Harry was shocked, "You mean no one told you? Remus came by the house yesterday to tell me. They found...they found...Ginny's...oh Merlin," Harry paused and scrubbed his face with his sleeves. "Ron, they found Ginny's body yesterday."

"Oh, Harry. Merlin, no wonder you're so upset," Ron exclaimed.

Harry was very confused now. "Shouldn't you both be upset now too?" he asked.

"Harry, do you remember how they told you that your Uncle's body would be kept in stasis?" Hermione asked gently.

"Yes, but what does he have to do with Ginny?"

"I'm getting to that Harry, calm down and listen. Harry, the Order is keeping all of its members that have died, in that stasis. Dumbledore started it, he was worried about our allies being turned into Inferi," she explained looking at Harry weirdly when he growled at the mention of Dumbledore. He waved her question off and motioned for her to continue. "Well, Tonks was doing a check of the warehouse and each person there to make sure no one was missing, and well Ginny was missing. But there was a body there in her place, and it had traces of Poly Juice. They said it was a low level Death Eater that had recently botched a raid."

Harry looked up hope shining from his eyes. "So, Ginny might still be...she might still be alive?" he asked as his voice broke.

Ron smiled, maybe there was a little hope for his best friend becoming his brother in law after all, well if everyone made it out alive that is. "Yes, Harry, there is still hope. Remus went looking for you when we found out. Why didn't he find you?" Ron asked.

Harry looked a bit sheepish. "Ah, well I guess that is where my story starts. You see, I kinda passed out when Remus told me about Ginny. And when I woke up..." Harry went on to explain his grief and reasoning behind running off to destroy the Locket, what happened when he was walking away, and who revived him. Ron was shocked and Hermione was as mad as Harry had ever seen her. "Uh, Hermione, please let me finish. If you kill me now you'll never understand why I look so weird," Harry said holding up his hands in submission.

"This better be good, Harry James Potter. And so help me if you ever do anything that stupid ever again, Merlin himself won't be able to save you!" she ranted.

"Yes, I know Hermione. But I was just so upset. But on the plus side, we now know how to destroy a Horcrux safely. Well safe enough at least. When McGonagall and Snape woke me up I found I had grown over eight feet of hair in the time it took Sal to go get them and bring them down to me. They then took me up to McGonagall's office, that really shouldn't be her office, and...I found out that, well that Dumbledore is alive and I'm Snape's son, not James Potter's like I grew up thinking. I'm sort of confused on the details, but from what I understand, James asked to use some type of Blood adoption on me. So that in case he died his bloodline wouldn't end with him, I'll be able to pass that onto my children.

That also helped keep Snape safe, because I looked so much like James. So no one suspected him at all, well not where I was concerned at least," Harry explained waiting for the explosion.

He looked up when he didn't hear anything to find his friends starring at him in complete shock.

"Uh, guys. You ok?" he asked.

"Are we ok? Harry, are you ok? I mean come on. How many shocks can you take? First Ginny, then the backlash of magic...that couldn't have been good for your system, and now you say Dumbledore is alive and they told you that Snape is your father," Hermione questioned as she looked Harry over and took in the new looks.

"I'm not sure yet. I mean I'm better than I was before now that there is still hope for Ginny, but the rest is a lot to take in. I kinda need the two of you now more than ever before. Please be the one constant in my life," Harry begged looking towards Ron.

"Oh Merlin, mate, you really don't think I'm going to bail on you over who your parents are do you? That's not something you can help. And if I learned anything from our fourth year, it was to not hold any of that stuff against you. Harry, I'm behind you one hundred percent. No matter what, I'll be here for you!" Ron exclaimed.

Harry slumped again, this time in relief. If Ron didn't bail on him, then everything might just turn out okay. He knew it would be rough at times, but in the end it might just be okay.

Chapter End Notes:
Well there you go the big reveal. Did it live up to the hype? I hope so. I’ve been waiting for this chapter just as long as you all have. LOL I had almost four pages of notes just on things between Sev and Harry alone, not to mention everything else that happened. This is it until August, guys. We’ll all be to busy after Saturday anyway. Thank you for reading! And as always please feed the review monster.

Aery