Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Do I own them? Nope! Do I think I should make money for this? Nope, my initials aren’t SVA. I’m very happy to do this for fun, and don’t care how much time I spend on it, it’s not my place to leach off others! (Steps off soapbox)
As always thank you to my two wonderful Betas, My Husband and LovesRickman! Without you both this wouldn’t be a tenth as good as it is.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Revelations

‘How do I start in one of these things?' Harry thought to himself as he tapped his quill on the blank page of the open book in front of him. ‘Merlin, I hope Hermione is right about this. Although I can't really waste any more time as a kitten, a week was way too long. But on the upside, I doubt those scratches on Mr. Malfoy's ankle ever heal right. O.K. Here goes...'

Dear Journal,

I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but Hermione swears it will help, so here goes. It all started with the meeting before the mission to save Ginny. While we were finding out how much of a traitorous, cheating prat Ron is; Remus, McGonagall, Mr. Weasley, and Sna...my father, (Merlin that looks just as weird on paper as it feels in my head), were arguing over who was going to lead the mission, and why the Malfoys should be included as well.

In what he says is a rare occurrence, Sna...my father got his way and it was decided that he would go to the mission as Mr. Weasley, so no one questioned the leader. Mr. Weasley went as Bill, so that no one would question it if he made a "suggestion" or two. It was also decided that Narcissa and Draco could also go as Tonks and Ron. Tonks wasn't able to help because her father had been hurt and she was helping her parents relocate to a safe house, and Ron was forbidden from coming for his...how did Mr. Weasley put it? Oh yes, his modest lack of digression. Dad simply said that Ron had too much use for all his blood for his tiny mind, and it was no wonder he couldn't think when it was in use elsewhere. I hate to say it, (although not as much as I used to, talk about things really being strange!), but I agree with dad. Ron can't be too smart if he's cheating on his long time girlfriend, and even longer time best friend. But he has to be completely stupid if he's doing it with an ex of mine. Hmmm...I wonder if those brains in the Department of Mysteries absorbed all of his?

I understand that Ron was upset. I was upset and they weren't my parents. But that gave him no right to blame me for this. It wasn't my idea to leave him behind, and I didn't make the teams, our dads took care of all that. Plus we were going to rescue HIS sister. Frankly at this point I hope Ron does what he says he's going to for once, and stays away. I have enough on my shoulders; I don't need to carry his guilt too.

And that leads me to what caused me to go all cat, well kitten, (why can't I be a full-grown cat? I AM an adult after all. Even my own magic has it out for me it seems like!), for a week. Remus-the-bloody-hypocrite-Lupin! How many times has he left me to deal with the crap my life has dealt me on my own? My Mum and James, his supposed best friends, get killed, and he runs off to who knows where for twelve years. Then comes back, gets close to me, yet leaves me to suffer the loss of Sirius on my own at the Dursleys'. But no, I shouldn't force Ron away from me when he's lost his own parents. Ron is the one that said he wanted nothing to do with me.

I realized something during that mission. I have come to care for my father quite a bit. When I realized that it could have been him there as Bill instead of Mr. Weasley...well it hurt, a lot! I've lost so much, and I've come to realize I should grab at the chance that has been given me and fully embrace Severus Snape as my father. Plus it felt really good working with him. He knew what I was going to do before I did, and it will be great to have that kind of insight at my back as the war progresses. Just because we've found out what we have about Riddle, doesn't mean he's just going to lie down and let us fix him. That is if we ever find a way to fix it. I also think it will feel wonderful to have someone else's back like that as well. That is if he ever lets me close enough to learn enough about him to be able to do so.

Hermione. So much to say about her, and I have no idea where to start. Here she is, in mourning over the loss of the Weasley parents, still very upset and bloody pissed off over Ron's betrayal, yet she still takes time to...

"ARGH! I feel like a bloody girl, I'd rather talk with my dad than do...THIS!" Harry swore as he tossed the Journal into the air and fired a well-aimed Incendio at it.

"I am very happy to hear you feel that way. Now, would you mind putting that to practice and come speak with me in the library?" Severus asked, scaring Harry.

"I...uh...didn't hear you come in. Yeah, I'll...ah...I'll be right there," Harry said.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHP

"I wanted to speak to you first. You do understand that until after our trip to Godric's Hollow, I need to continue my work as a spy. I have been lucky to only have been called once since the disastrous mission that lost us two fairly competent members of the Order. Do not look at me like that. I knew I had to go, and also knew you would try and talk me out of it, hence why you are just finding out about it now. I do not want you to see this as me keeping things from you, if I were, I would not have told you at all. Go ahead, I know you are dying to say something," Severus said with a sigh.

"I can't believe you did that! You just went back to kissing his robes, even when you knew it would kill me if something happened to you! Can you tell me why I even bothered to learn how to care for you, if you're just going to run off and get yourself killed the first chance you get afterwards? Why can't we just go to Godric's Hollow tomorrow and get it over and done with?" Harry all but shouted.

"Feel better now? Good. We are going to Godric's Hollow tomorrow, or have you forgotten what the date is? Tomorrow is the thirty-first. You spent more time as a kitten than you thought. You had hidden yourself in the top of the pantry for at least three days before we found you. You, young man, are very lucky I could tell you were still in the house and safe by your projections, or you would be doing your worst detention to date!

Tomorrow will be dangerous. I can guarantee that I will not be the only Death Eater present, and no, I am not including Lucius in that count either. Although he will be going with us, no arguments! We need as many competent wizards and witches with us as possible. Now that your friend, Mr. Weasley can no longer be counted in that number, we have to find the help from other places. I would also suggest leaving Miss Granger behind as well. While, yes, she is more competent as most, she is still a heart broken young lady, and we need everyone with their heads on straight. The list of people that can go has been drastically cut. While I had hoped that the Weasley's were in our confidence by now, the fact that they can, no longer helps us, since they are all grieving. While I believe Bill and Charlie capable of putting that behind them for the sake of the Order, that family cannot take another blow so soon. I believe our team tomorrow should be small, yet deadly, and comprised of: you, myself, Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, Lupin, and...my mother."

That brought Harry up short. "You want Madam Pince to come with us? But she's just the librarian, how powerful and deadly can she be outside of paper eating mites, and candy eating children?" Harry asked, dumbfounded.

"You have only known your grandmother in the vaguest sense. She is very powerful, and highly knowledgeable. What do you think she has done while there are no noisy and messy children to scare into behaving? She is researching, of course! She has forgotten more than Ms. Granger ever hopes to learn. The weak witch you saw in my memories has long since been replaced by someone who refused to stay weak. How do you think the both of us survived my father's terror? This is the list, I can easily replace you if you do not like its makeup," Severus snipped.

"I'm sorry, no need to get so upset. Do you realize how little I know about either one of you? I love finding out as much about the two of you as possible, and you can't fault me for being scared of losing either of you, now that I've gotten an actual family that cares for me...can you?" Harry asked warily.

"Yes, you are right. I cannot fault you for not having the knowledge, nor will I fault you for being scared of losing us. I am pleased beyond measure that you have come to see both of us in such a positive light. I had never let myself believe it was possible, yet here we are. Now back to the main subject, did you even bother to count the number of people I mentioned, or have you not learned that numbers mean something, and normally something very important in magic? I figured as much," Severus grumbled.

"A quick Arithmacy lesson is in order then. The number seven, which is the number of people I have on the contingent for this mission, is not only highly powerful, but will also increase the possibility for success of the mission greatly. While I do not believe in only your fortunateness, I do not feel the need to discount its pull entirely. October thirty-first is well known as an unlucky date for you, so we need to counteract that as much as possible. This is my way of starting that counteraction. By including those people whom either you or I highly trust and have proven themselves worthy of that trust, further heightens the luck for our side," Severus explained.

Harry thought about what his father had just taught him, and then said, "So, you're saying we need as much luck as possible, without actually saying that, huh?" Harry said with a cheeky grin.

"The need to over simplify my every explanation must be something you gained from James' genes, and here I thought we had sifted out all of his bad traits before hand." Severus deadpanned.

Getting back to the more serious, Harry said, "You need to replace Remus then. He truly has not proven his trustworthiness to me. In fact, as our last encounter has shown, he's done just the opposite, what with the hit and miss way he has been in and out of my life when I needed him the most."

Severus inclined his head in agreement. "Who would you suggest then? I refuse to leave without seven people."

"I would say Luna. She's the most powerful in her year, yet often underestimated because of her...quirky nature. But she's a sixth year, there's no way we can get her off campus much less to help us. So I have no idea whom to replace Remus with," Harry said.

"I happen to know that she was seventeen several weeks ago, on the thirteenth of this very month to be exact. You are lucky I had to take such an active role in keeping you safe in school. I had to know whom you where spending time with, and when I say know, I mean I had to know every little thing about them. We couldn't chance you befriending some long lost relative of a Death Eater, who could take the opportunity to get to you. Did you know that your roommate Dean Thomas' father was killed because he wouldn't join the Death Eaters? Although, I am not even sure Mr. Thomas knows that, come to think of it.

Back to the topic at hand, Miss Lovegood would be most welcome as long as you can convince her that those she is working with are truly on your side," Severus acquiesced.

"If I can get to her tonight, I don't think I'll have a problem. She seemed to believe you have been with us all along the last time we spoke. As I said, she might be quirky, but she's got a keen insight, and a way of seeing things no one else would think of looking for. I'll go to her as soon as we are done here. Thank goodness for that cabinet!" Harry replied.

"The only thing I have left to tell you, before we leave for Hogwarts, is that I do not want you holding back tomorrow, or any time you have to go against Death Eaters. We are as of yet unsure as to where your complete abilities lie, yet we do know you have yet to reach your full potential, so you are not giving anything away. Do what you feel you need to, to stay safe!" Severus exclaimed.

Harry nodded in understanding as they got up to leave for their visit to the school.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry held his head in his hands, mumbling to himself. "Why does she have to be so bloody protective now? Where was all this when I was getting sent into death traps with just two other uneducated children? But no, McGonagall has to get all bent out of shape, when we are suggesting a student, which is of age, join a group of adults that can more than take care of themselves and those around them?"

"Now, now Harry. That is not the way to speak about your Head of House, as well as someone who is much older and wiser than yourself," Dumbledore scolded from his portrait, having been the only one to have heard his mumbling.

Harry wiped his head up and glared at the man. "You! You have no room to talk, you hypocrite! Hiding up there in that portrait so that you no longer have to get your hands dirty like the rest of us. And when you do deign to give out advice, it's more like a rebuke than anything else. I was a mess in the Room of Requirement, and you scolded me like a little child. You're lucky if I ever listen to anything that comes out of your mouth again, old man!"

"What do you mean by hiding in the portrait?" Professor McGonagall asked looking confused.

"When did you scold him while he was in the Room, Albus?" Severus asked looked livid.

Harry gave the portrait an evil smirk and said, "Oh? Didn't you know Professor McGonagall? Professor Dumbledore is alive and well, hiding...I'm sorry, I meant laying low up in that portrait. Considering how it connected to the Room Of Requirement, I think it's another manifestation of that room, but you'd have to ask him to be sure. Anyways, sorry to get off track, yes, he scolded me. You remember when I ran off right after finding out? Well, he decided that I shouldn't need to vent. Like I'm some sort saint that has no need of feelings," Harry said, and then turned to Severus. "I told you that he thought of me as nothing more than a weapon. Now can you see that?"

"Yes, I do believe I can see your point on that subject. You no longer need to worry, though, while we both know what you need to do, as the leader of the Order now, I have no intention of letting you be just a weapon! While you might think that he's just hiding away, think of the favor he has given you by no longer being a leader, or being in charge of you," Severus said with a hard glint in his eyes as he looked towards the portrait.

"Speaking of being the leader of the Order, Minerva, it is imperative that we ask Miss Lovegood to join us at Godric's Hollow. You trusted me to lead the group, yet you do not trust my judgment on a mission? I am starting to wonder if this office breeds hypocrisy into its occupants. Now, would you please be kind and summon Mother and Miss Lovegood for us?"

Minerva pursed her lips, but complied. She quickly sent a note to Luna's teacher, requesting her presence in the Headmistress' office, as well as sending a memo to the library to call Madam Pince as well.

"Now that I have done as you ask, would someone, other than Harry, please explain how Albus is alive?" Minerva asked, looking between the portrait and Severus.

"I believe Albus should be the one to explain, I never agreed with his plot to begin with," Severus said, still giving the portrait a cold look.

Albus cleared his throat. "As it is that I am believed to be dead, this conversation is best left for when we have time to talk things through, alone, Minerva my dear. Seeing as the fewest people that know the better, it would be best if I stayed up here while Severus and Harry are asking for the help they need," Albus said, trying to postpone his impending doom. Luckily for him, there was a knock on the door just then.

"Come in Eileen," Minerva called.

"Severus! And Harry, my how you have changed! It broke my heart when Severus could not raise you his self. But getting to watch you learn and grow these past six years, well that eased this old heart of mine, even if you didn't truly know who I or Severus were," said the librarian.

Harry was surprised just how soft her eyes had gotten while she was speaking to him. He had only ever seen her fussing at students with contempt in her eyes, and the time she had caught him with the Half-Blood Prince's book, well he thought she was going to skin him alive. He now knew why, it was her son's book.

There was another knock at the door, and Luna Lovegood entered.

"You called for me, Headmistress McGonagall? Oh, Hello Harry, Madam Pince, and Professor Snape. It is lovely to see you again, Sir. Neither Potions, nor Defense Against the Dark Arts have been up to the Ravenclaws expectations since you left us," Luna said in her normal dreamy tone.

"I am sorry to hear that, Miss Lovegood. Now, I do believe Harry has a few questions for you. As well, the three of us have a few things to discuss," Severus said with an incline of his head, and a look towards the door.

"Come on Luna, let's go talk in the Room of Requirement. That will be safe enough," Harry said as he led them through the door.

They talked about how things were at school, and how Neville was doing a lot better, now that he was getting regular updates from either Harry or Hermione, as they walked to the seventh floor.

As they approached the door, Harry realized just how glad he was for the long walk, it had given him time to realize how much he liked being around Luna. When he was around her, he felt peaceful, like no matter how weird he or the things were that happened to him were the most natural things in the world. He was very glad that his father hadn't given McGonagall much choice about agreeing that she allow Luna to join them at Godric's Hollow.

Harry walked back and forth in front of the bare wall thinking of a cozy room, they didn't need much for this.

Harry quickly realized his mistake when he saw just how cozy the room was. There was a davenport in front of a comfortably burning fire, a low table with warm mugs of rich smelling cocoa, and a plate of chocolates as well.

"Oh, cocoa and chocolates, this room always knows just what everyone needs. I've been feeling down, I should have realized than my mitochondrialveneficus levels have been low and that I needed a chocolate boost," Luna said as she hurried over and picked up one of the mugs. After taking a sip she sighed and looked at Harry. "You know, Professor Lupin was the only one that really understood just how much we need chocolate, although he did give me a rather weird look when I mentioned just how important mitochondrialveneficus levels are to our magical levels. At least he didn't argue with me. Now, what did you want to ask?" She questioned.

"I...ah...huh? You know Luna, you really need to let everyone catch up to you before you go switching topics like that. Not all of us have the same grasp on the world that you do," Harry said with a light chuckle. "I was hoping that your offer to help when we needed you was still open. We are going to the house where my...well we're going to the house where Voldemort first attacked me all those years ago, and Snape wants seven people that we both trust. As you know that list is rather short, considering whom all knows the truth about him. I was hoping you'd honor us with your presence as well?" Harry asked, feeling no need to beat around the bush with Luna.

"You know I'd do anything I can to help you, Harry. It would be an honor for me to help you and your father face such an emotional time. You said group? I assume your father wants to use a Fors Fortis Ritus?" At Harry's lost look she said, "He wants to counteract the bad luck with the good."

"Uh, yeah, something like that. You'll be one of seven of us there. We need to leave soon, are you sure no one will miss you at the feast tonight, and do you need to get anything from the dorm? I'd at least suggest a less bright outfit," Harry said eyeing the bright orange top she had on under her robe. It was like she was wearing one of Ron's Chudley posters.

"Silly, are you not a wizard?" She questioned as she transfigured the color of her shirt and pants to a more subdued dark blue hue. "There all fixed, and no, no one will miss me at the feast. Ginny might have, but she's still not back yet. So, when do we leave?"

"I'm not sure, maybe we should make our way back to the Office? Surely they are done with whatever they wanted to talk about with out us there." answered Harry.

With her nod, they both put down their mugs and left the room. But not before Luna snatched a handful of chocolates and stuffed them in her robe pocket.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry raised his hand to knock, but stopped when they heard a muffled voice behind it. Ever the inquisitive one, Harry paused to listen.

"....I have missed you as well. Lucius and Narcissa are at least slightly intelligent enough for conversation, but they are nowhere as near calming to me as your presence is, Mother. In fact, Lucius is anything but calming, and if he doesn't learn to quit intentionally provoking Harry, he is going to be in for a world of hurt," they heard Severus answer.

"Ah, Mr. Potter, Miss Lovegood, please do join us." Professor McGonagall called through the door.

Harry walked through looking a little embarrassed at being caught eavesdropping, Luna just looked like her normal self.

"Good, the two of you are back. I am glad that you did not tarry. We need to be going, there is still much to arrange before we leave. Miss Lovegood, if you would be so kind as to follow us through the floo to my old chambers, we shall be on our way from there. Mother, I assume you remember the password? Good please come along as soon as you are ready. I would rather get this out of the way as soon as possible."

HPHPHPH

Harry fell out of the Floo coughing and chuckling. "Oh, you should have heard it. She barely let the Floo powder fall from my hand before she lit into him. I've been on the wrong side of that temper of hers to many times because of that old man. I'm glad he's getting to hear it for once. I doubt it, but maybe he might just end up being sorry for once," Harry said sobering up slightly.

Severus chuckled softly as well. "I, too, have been on the wrong side of that temper. Come along, we need to get home and get the rest of the group ready to go as soon as mother joins us," he said as he moved towards the cabinet.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Harry rushed down the stairs; as usual he was the last one to finish getting ready. He was sure there was a pixie in his room that kept dumping out his rucksack and spreading the contents all over his room.

"Sorry, sorry," Harry exclaimed as he came to an abrupt stop in front of the group. "I'm finally ready to go."

Everyone was wearing black dueling suits. Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, and Luna had hoods covering their hair. While Eileen, Severus, and Harry had their hair pulled back to keep it out of the way.

"Everyone needs to grasp this now, we need to be on the move," Severus said as he pulled a tatty looking scarf from inside his robes.

Everyone did as commanded, although Harry hesitated slightly before he took hold, he would never be comfortable using a portkey. It activated shortly after, and Harry once again was hooked by the navel and pulled through to their destination, Godric's Hollow...the place where it all began for him.

Once they had landed, Harry quickly let go of the scarf and moved away from it. As he did he took in his surroundings. They had landed on a deserted lane. He could vaguely see the outlines of a town in the distance to one end of the road. Severus was leading them in the opposite direction, though.

Harry was awestruck as they got their first look at the house. It had been left as it was on that fatefully tragic night. The second floor was still blown apart from the spell backlash. On the front lawn was a weird looking box. Harry looked to Severus in askance.

"This is where all of the well wishes, letters of encouragement, and basically, your fan mail is kept. I believe the spell work on the box had to be reworked after your fourth year. The bottomless charm broke when everyone wanted to congratulate you for your triumph in the tournament," Severus explained. He then motioned for everyone to take their places.

The Malfoys went around to the back of the house, while Eileen, Severus, Luna, and Harry carefully went through the front gate...where they were greeted by none other than Rudolphus Lestrange.

"Severus, how very unlike you to be so late," he said holding his wand to Severus' throat. "How very unlike you to bring commoners with you on such a privileged assignment, our Lord shall be highly displeased with you, once I tell him about this, Severus." he said, looking very pleased about being the bearer of such news.

"To bad for you, that you will not be able to use this as the boost you need to be able to lick the Dark Lord's boots heels, once again. Dormioago etiam atque etiam scelus sceleris!" Severus chanted ending just after Harry's stupefy.

"Severus Prince Snape! I am ashamed of you! Using such a spell, and in front of your son no less. You are lucky that curse is not an Unforgivable, as well it should be. Cursing someone to relive their most evil deeds while wasting away in an unwakeable sleep, why did you not just kill him out right?" Eileen censured him.

"I could not kill him because of the bond that Bellatrix has with him. She would know instantly if he were to die. By putting him in a sleep, she will know nothing. By the time he is missed, they will already know where my true loyalties lie. As well, this way we have one less enemy to worry over. As for casting this in front of my son?" Severus scoffed. "I want him to use any spell, hex, curse, or power that he has at his disposal to keep him alive and well, short of the Unforgivables. As should you!"

Harry looked between mother and son, slightly upset that they were arguing over him. Deciding to cause a distraction, he said, "Um...shouldn't we get to moving? I know you said that there would only be one person on guard at all times, but Voldemort isn't exactly a sane one. He might send more. Plus, I for one, would like to get this over and done with as fast as possible, this place is making my skin crawl," he finished with a shudder.

"For once I agree with Mr. Potter," drawled Lucius, "But however we plan on accomplishing this tiresome task, we will not be entering the abode from the rear. It is obvious from the wards protecting the place, that whatever the Dark Lord planned, he wants Mr. Potter to only enter through this door. If we are going to proceed, I suggest caution is taken to the highest degree."

Harry stretched out his newfound senses and felt around for what Mr. Malfoy had alluded to. He could almost taste the dark aura that almost completely surrounded the house. ‘I guess I've figured out what's been giving me the creeps. My skin is actually crawling from this and I'm practically queasy now that it's been brought to my attention. That bad feeling just got one-hundred times worse.'

Harry shuddered, and then looked to Severus. "He's right. There is a huge blanket of evil wrapped around almost the entire house. The only opening is the front door. Do you want me to try my ward thing, so we can go against what Voldemort wants us to do?"

Severus gave this some thought, and then nodded. "If it is possible to go against a plan of the Dark Lord's, the smartest action to take is to do so. Everyone grab each other's hands so that Harry can try and get us through."

Harry took Severus' and Luna's hands and closed his eyes, he then started to move towards the closest section of the wards to move through, and bounced off. He tried several more times in different areas, all with the same effect.

"It seems he warded this against me specifically. Looks like him using my blood has had yet another draw back," Harry complained.

"Front it is then. Don't worry Harry, we're with you," Luna said squeezing his hand. "Don't let that feeling drag you down. Together we can beat anything Voldemort puts in our path."

Harry squeezed her hand in thanks before letting go and moving towards the door. "Let's hurry and get this done as soon as possible."

Harry was nervously changing his grip on his wand as he carefully opened the door. Distant snatches of vague memories blew over him like a soft summer wind, not enough to actually grab onto something, yet enough to know that it had been there.

The door opened with a loud creak, and Harry jumped back waiting for the army of Death Eaters he imagined were lying in wait for the cue of the creak to attack him. When they didn't he deliberately walked through the door. He let his senses go, heeding the advice his father had given him by using every available power to stay alive and safe.

"We can search everywhere, but Voldemort has a...I feel a pull coming from the cupboard under those stairs over there. I can't seem to move towards anywhere else than to that door. Whatever he has planned for me in here is down there, I'm sure of it, and it doesn't look like I can do anything else but go down there," Harry said.

"Very well, we shall search this floor as well as the one above. Harry, Draco, Miss Lovegood, stay here. Do not touch anything," Severus said, giving Harry and Draco a strict look.

Draco turned his back on his companions, choosing to watch the door instead of interacting with people he didn't understand. Luna was keenly searching around the room for anything that might jump out at her; meanwhile Harry was slowly moving closer to the door, as if someone was slowly reeling him towards it.

Do you see where you would have slept, Harry?

Harry looked around, seeing Luna and Draco currently occupied and not speaking to him, he was seriously confused.

Don't you see, Harry, they would have treated you the same as the Dursleys did. It's the way things had to be.

Harry jerked back from the door, but found he couldn't move backwards. Realizing he was in danger, he did what had been drilled into him all summer long by someone that did care, "HELP! The door won't let me move away from it!" Harry said loudly to get Luna and Draco's attention.

Luna hurried over and started pulling on Harry. Unfortunately, her small frame was not enough to make much difference.

"Draco, come on!" she scolded. "Harry needs your help as well. So don't just stand over there, come on and help!"

That snapped Draco out of his stupor. "Typical Gryffindor, just standing there and you get yourself into trouble."

Still, the three of them were not enough to counteract whatever was pulling Harry towards the door.

They can't help you, Harry, no one can, not that they really want to help. They are barely trying.

Harry was starting to panic, ‘What is going on here?'

"What is going on here?" Severus yelled, in his ‘Longbottom strikes again' tone.

"Help, the Mon Kees have Harry, and won't let him go! Conjure a bunch of bananas, that's the only thing that will distract them!" Luna shouted to Severus.

Severus stepped in, wand flashing, and before Harry, Luna, and Draco could say anything more, they were in a heap on the floor.

Draco picked himself off the floor, dusting and straightening his robes, before he looked at Luna and questioned, "Mon Kees? What the bloody hell is a Mon Kee?"

"Everyone knows what a Mon Kee is. They protect locked doors, and trap those that get too close. Muggles keep them in zoos, thinking they are non-magical, but they are very cantankerous and devious when they are crossed," she explained.

"The door was protected by many different curses and hexes on it, including a localized Self-Doubt Curse, as well as a compulsion curse. I believe the latter is what was pulling Harry towards the door," Severus paused with a sigh, "We might as well go on down there. I couldn't cancel the spells, only temporarily pause their effects. I can rejoin the search of the house after we've taken care of whatever may be in the cellar." With that said, he tried opening the door, only to pull back his hand as if it had been burnt.

"Looks like you have to be the first, Harry. The Mon Kees don't seem to like Professor Snape or the rest of us very much." Luna said looking at the corner of the doorframe with a bit of fear.

Harry just shrugged and looked to Severus. "You want to go on now? Or do you want to gather the rest of the group?"

"We should go on, let the others do the searching up here. Mother knows where I went off to, she will not worry. Draco, go find your parents and let them know that the three of us are going down into the cellar, and then join the search. I am sure they can direct you on what to look for."

Draco nodded and went to find his parents.

"I guess it's time," Harry said shakily, as he headed for the door, this time under his own power. He couldn't help but eye the corner that Luna seemed scared of as he pushed back the latch, leaving the door to open with ease. Taking a deep breath, Harry started down the steps.

Everyone was startled when candles suddenly lit around the room, showing a very gruesome sight.

In the middle of the floor was Mr. Ollivander. It was clear to them all that he had been dead for quite a while. He had bits of wood poking out of his skin and surrounding him on the floor. There had obviously been another big backlash here.

"Oh no, not another," Harry said sadly.

Chapter End Notes:
Well, it didn’t take as long as the last chapter did, and I was lucky to get it finished when I did. I woke up in the middle of the night with whatever my kids have been passing back and forth between them. I might just go curl up and die now! As always please review. They really do help the Muse. Thank you for reading!

*Hugs*
Aery