Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

More Revelations

Draco was growing increasingly jealous.

"Father?" he tried.

"Draco, can you summon Piddi to make up a set of rooms for Harry?"

Slightly reluctant, Draco agreed.

When Piddi arrived he immediately shrieked at the sight of the Snape child.

"Piddi, don't scream again, okay? It is only Severus' son, eh..." Unable to think of a name Draco looked to his father.

"Just prepare a suite for young Master Snape, can you, Piddi?" Lucius uttered.

"Oh, yes, Master Lucius! Yes, I's be done in just one moments!" the elf gushed before disappearing with a tiny 'pop.'

"That elf is even more pitiful than when you hired him, father." Draco said wrinkling his nose.

"Yes, Dragon, he is, but-"

The fire roared with green flames and Severus stepped through with a satisfied smirk on his face.

The dark man made his way over to Lucius and Harry. He knelt down and gathered his son into his arms.

'He's so light!' Severus thought, worriedly.

"He fell asleep about ten minutes ago. He must have had some day!" Lucius said.

Severus looked back at his son. "You really have no idea."

Piddi had re-entered the room and was waiting for his Master to recognize him. But, he'd been standing there for at least twenty mintues before Lucius ever said anything.

Lucius was waiting for Piddi to announce his arrival, but it didn't seem as though the poor elf ever would, so he finally commanded, "Piddi, are young Master Snape's rooms ready for him?"

Severus' eyebrows rose to his hairline.

'Rooms?'

"Y-yes, Master Lucius! Theys be ready for him. Theys in the North wing Master Lucius!"

Severus turned to Lucius at once. "Lucius, those are the Slytherin Rooms! They must be changed!"

"Piddi is sorry, Masters. Piddi only chose those rooms because young Master Snape's Hogwarts House. Piddi will change them and put himself into the oven at once!"

Piddi began pulling at his ears, as though trying to tear them off.

"His House? What are you talking about, Piddi? P-Snape is a Gryffindor!" Draco said plainly.

"Pardoning me, Master Draco, but Piddi looked at Master Snape's aura. It is Slytherin, Master. I's sorry, Master. Piddi is bad, stupid elf. I's seeing aura wrongly. Piddi deserves-"

Draco interrupted him. "You're not to punish yourself anymore. It's getting ridiculous! I forbid it!" Draco looked thoughtful before he continued. "But, leave his rooms the way they are. They'll be fine, I'm sure."

Piddi nodded and quickly disappeared.

Lucius rounded on his only son. "Draco what silly game are you playing at?"

"Just leave it, father! Trust me, alright!"

Lucius looked to Severus and when the man said it was not an issue he let Severus take his son to his rooms.

Severus made his way out of the library, with Harry still in his arms, completely consumed by his thoughts.

'Abused. Father. Slytherin.What in Nine Hells was going on?"

How could the boy have failed so miserably at Occulumency, when he'd clearly mastered his feelings already?

Severus' thoughts were intercepted by Draco calling his name.

"Uncle Severus, why would she do this?"

"I do not know, Draco. But, I will find out, I assure you!" Severus answered tiredly.

Once in Harry's new rooms his father lay him down on the large bed and whipsered a charm that changed the boy's clothing before pulling the covers up to his chin.

Severus brushed Harry's hair out of his face and looked at his new-found son.

He paused at the door and whispered, "Sleep well, Harry" before going to his own rooms for a long night's slumber.

To be continued...