Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Is It Too Late

Severus had thoroughly searched the third through 7th floors, finding nothing. Albus had searched the lower floors, coming up empty-handed, as well. It had been hours since Potter had gone missing and Severus was afraid.

He had never seen Albus like this.

'Where could he be?-Not Gryffindor Tower-That's too obvious!' Severus had searched everywhere!

'Think Slytherin! Where would I...' It suddenly hit him.

Cursing himself for not thinking of it sooner, he set off down the hall in an all out sprint for the Room of Requirement.

~~~

When he arrived at the spot there was already a door present.

'Odd.'

He walked in and froze.

Harry turned around quickly.

'too quickly.' he thought. "Snnape" he slurred. "Whad'yoou wan?"

Severus inched closer to Harry. "I just want to help, Harry. Albus is frantic. We've been looking all over for you. You've been gone for hours."

"Ya' can't do an'thin' now. 've taken wha'I nee'too. Won' be lonnnow. So-Sorr fo ev'thn ne done. He'll nevvvr f'give mnoow. Th' Darrk Lor' toocare'a thaattt."

Thoroughly confused Severus stepped up to take ahold of Harry's arm, but, Harry's knees buckled sending him right into Severus' arms.

Severus was worried and scared and feeling very at wits-end.

He'd taken time to survey the room upon entering it. Caldrons and shelves of potions books and ingrediants lined the walls. There were various ingrediants laid out around 'Most Potente Potions,' which was open on the nearest table.

Thinking quickly, Severus dug through his many pockets and when he found what he was looking for he shoved it into Harry's mouth and forced him to swallow.

"Noo, Sssevv, sssno usse. cann. tooo lonn."

"NO, Harry! It is Not too late! Stop this insanity, before you curse the entire world into darkness. We need you. I need you. Don't-"

"Donn ca. Donn caa bou mee. noooonne. DarrLo sayss-"

"STOP! The Dark Lord shouldn't say Anything to you, do you understand me!? Nothing! You listen to Me, now, Harry. Please!" Harry was pulling at his arm and having enough, Severus pulled Harry over to the black couch in the middle of the room and laid him down.

Unbuttoning Harry's shirt the Potions Master could only stare.

Harry had cut his arms.

Severus frantically conjured all the necessary supplies and began trying to wash and heal the wounds. They were bleeding profusely. No magic would help this because they were self-inflicted.

He had to get Harry to Pomphrey!

Pulling the barely-concious boy to his feet they started for the door.

When he got outside he saw the Headmaster coming around the corner, looking more ancient than Severus had ever seen him before.

Upon sighting his boys he visibly relaxed. His boys were safe!

"Albus! I can't! He's...I..." Severus was so full of emotion Albus stopped in his tracks.

"No!" He breathed. He then ran to his boys.

"Severus, what has happened?!"

Harry suddenly screamed in pain. Severus knelt down to the floor to inspect the boy again.

There, right before their very eyes, Harry began to change.

It was as if his boyish-Potter features just melted away, revealing a very good likeness to a young Severus Snape.

"It can't be...How could Lily do this? Did she do it? Is this real?"

Overcome with emotion, Severus looked to his mentor for answers.

"My boy, I assure you that I had no part in this. Yet...Let us lay Harry in a proper bed and"

"No! Albus! I'll not leave him!" Not willing to start a pointless fight Albus conceeded.

"Very well, Severus. Take him to your quarters. I'll go to my office and...ah...see what I can find."

The esteemed Headmaster left his boys in search of the truth while Severus took his newly found son into his arms and made his way down to his chambers.