Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Truths and Escapes

It was during the following weekend that Harry finally got his chance to get out of the house and down to the gatehouse. He’d been stuck inside most of the week due to the weather. It had started raining on Tuesday and kept right on through till Friday. Thankfully, it had finally subsided, and the sun was actually peeking through the clouds sporadically. He worried the ground would be too muddy to actually get through to the gatehouse, but when he and Draco finally made it, their boots caked with mud, they realized they had worried in vain. The gatehouse was probably the only thing that hadn’t been completely soaked by the wind and rain.

“Another spell, you reckon?” asked Draco, his hand already on the doorknob.

“Yeah, I guess so. Though, it makes me wonder if it isn’t recent, considering the state we found the house in when we first discovered it,” mentioned Harry, remembering the open window and all the damage that had been done to the interior of the gatehouse. “I’ll bet Dad decided this place needed more warding, especially since we’re out here all on our own most of the time.”

Draco nodded in agreement. “Hmm…it does seem like the type of overprotective thing he’d do,” he mused. “I wonder what else he’s done that we don’t know about.”

Harry just shrugged his shoulders and pushed his way past the blonde, who had remained in his position in front of the door, unmoving. “Not sure, really. We’ll just have to ask when we go home tonight,” said the raven-haired teen.

“Ah, excellent proposal there, Harry. Do you honestly think he’d tell us what spells and wards he put up on this place? We’re probably being monitored as we speak,” he said, looking slightly irritated.

Harry just thought it was sweet. “Who cares? And, I doubt he’d really monitor us, just rig it so he knows we’re not doing anything we shouldn’t be doing,” interjected Harry. “You’re too paranoid, Dray,” he said.

“I am not,” growled Draco, his brow furrowed in feigned annoyance.

Harry ignored him. “Let’s just finish working and get back to the Manor. It’s actually kind of creepy out here when the weather is like this. Those damn clouds keep obscuring the sun.”

“Sure, Harry, whatever you say.”

“Are you developing a tone with me?” asked Harry, hands on his slim hips.

“So what if I am?” asked the blonde in return, smirking slightly at the look on Harry’s face.

Harry frowned. “Well, I don’t know, but you won’t like it once I figure out what I’m going to do to you.”

Draco stared at him, unblinkingly. “I’m terrified. Look at me, I’m shivering in my muddy boots.”

The smaller teen looked down at the floor and groaned. “Damn it, we’re going to have to clean that too. Great, just great!” he yelled, jabbing his finger at the floor in irritation. They had unthinkingly trudged into the house with their muddy boots still on their feet. “I’ll get the mop.”

“What’s a mop?” asked Draco, trailing after him.

“Stop!” Draco froze at the younger boy’s tone, and then started to pull off his boots once he noticed Harry doing the same.

“Yeah, good idea,” he mumbled, once the boots were off. He opened the door and threw them on the front step. Grabbing Harry’s from where he stood, he did the same with them. “Let’s get to work.”

A few moments later, Harry had finally found a mop in the closet outside of the bedrooms. “This is a mop,” he said, holding up said object with one hand. You put it in soap and water and wipe the floor with it.”

Draco looked disgusted. “I’m not doing that,” he said.

Harry sighed. “Don’t worry, I’ll do it,” he said, turning his back on the older teen. “I’m used to it any way.”

It wasn’t difficult to figure out what that meant, and Draco instantly felt a shiver of guilt in his chest. It was more painful than normal, though he didn’t know why. “I can help, if you want?” asked the blonde, reaching forward to take the mop. “You’ll just have to show me what to do, okay?”

Harry smiled shyly. “You’re really going to help me mop?”

“Well, yeah. Why wouldn’t I?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Have you ever cleaned anything in your life?” asked Harry, his tone joking so Draco would know he didn’t mean anything badly by it.

The blonde stood still, looking affronted. “I most definitely have!”

“Like what?” asked Harry, arms crossed across his thin chest, looking for all the world like he didn’t believe a word coming out of Malfoy’s mouth.

“I…I cleaned my room!” he finally stated defiantly.

“With magic?” asked Harry.

“Well yes! How else would you do it?”

Harry sighed. “This way, perhaps?” he motioned towards the mop and the newly filled tub of water he’d gotten from under the sink. He dunked the head of the mop into the water and then rung it out with his hands. Then he started cleaning the floors, going at the muddy places with a vengeance.

“So, that’s how you mop, then?” he asked, clearly forgetting about their fake argument. He held out his hand, offering to take it.

Harry reluctantly gave it to him, hoping this wouldn’t turn into some type of horrendous disaster. “Try not to fling the water everywhere,” he cautioned.

Draco scoffed. “I won’t!” He very carefully repeated Harry’s previous movements and then rung out the mop with his hands. Then he started mopping, doing a really good job too, in his opinion.

The smaller teen had to admit his friend wasn’t doing such a bad job, and was more than willing to let him finish the job, but couldn’t stop himself from asking if Draco needed help.

“Nah, I’m fine,” he responded, his focus set on the floor still.

“Okay,” replied Harry, waiting patiently until the older boy was finished before taking the mop and rinsing it out. “Good job, Draco.”

“Thanks.”

The two spent the rest of the afternoon fixing up the place, and then, with Severus’ permission, they transfigured some leaves into durable furniture for the living room, kitchen, and downstairs bedrooms. “Just in case we ever feel the need to spend the night,” Harry had said.

Draco and Harry were soon finally finished with the gatehouse, and plopped down in the overstuffed armchairs surrounding the fireplace in the living room. Harry gazed out the open window as a slight breeze rustled the curtain. “Will you do me a favor?” he asked suddenly, pulling Draco from his own reverie.

“Sure, what?” asked the blonde.

“Will you walk with me over to Jensen Winchester’s house?” he asked.

Draco glanced up with an uncertain look on his face. “Is that wise?” he wondered aloud, knowing how Severus felt about the man.

“Well, why not? I just want to see Jupiter again, and if Jensen’s around, I wanted to ask him some questions. I’d feel better if you came with me, but if you don’t want to, I’ll go alone.”

“Like hell you will,” stated Draco so adamantly that Harry’s face jerked around to look at the older teen with fright.

“What?”

“You’re not going there by yourself!” he yelled, looking almost scandalized by the notion.

“Why can’t I? I am capable of taking care of myself, you know,” Harry stated heatedly, though he felt warmth growing inside him at his ‘brothers’ obvious protectiveness. Even if it was a little over the top.

“I realize that, Harry. But, just live with the fact that I’d feel better if you didn’t. Severus seems to get a bad feeling with the man, isn’t that enough for you?” the blonde stood, hands out at his sides. “We just want to make sure nothing else happens, all right? That’s all.”

Put like that, the raven-haired teen couldn’t help but feel guilty for even wanting to go out there alone. “Yeah, all right. Well, are you coming then?”

“Of course I am!” insisted the taller of the two as Harry led the way out of the woods and towards where he assumed Jensen Winchester lived.

…………………..

“Are you sure this is the right way?” asked Draco for the millionth time in the past thirty minutes. It seemed they’d passed the same landmarks ten times over, and the boys were both getting a little anxious. “Does that look familiar to you?” he pointed to an oddly shaped tree just off the path.

“No, actually, it doesn’t,” said Harry reasonably. “I’m almost positive we’ll be there soon. Just around this next bend, I’m sure.”

Draco sighed dramatically. “Harry, you said that three turns ago. I highly doubt this one will be ‘the’ one,” he said sarcastically. However, it seemed fate was with them, or it just wanted to make Draco look wrong. Just around the bend in the woods stood another Manor…a rather large one at that. “It’s bigger than Sev’s!”

“It is not,” defended the smaller boy, looking up at the huge house before them. “Well, maybe a teeny tiny bit bigger,” he wagered.

“Well, let’s go knock on the door,” Draco started up the front walk and then the four steps that followed. Harry followed closely behind. Finally, he managed to butt his way in front of the over-protective ‘big brother’ in front of him and did as Draco instructed. He knocked on the door.

It seemed like they had stood out on the front step for eternity when the door finally opened. Harry had half expected a house-elf or some type of butler to open the door. But, there was no servant of any type. Jensen Winchester, himself, swept open the door and looked in surprise at his visitors.

“Hey, kids,” he said, his eyes first going to the blonde, and then the familiar dark haired boy. “Harry!” he said happily, opening the door wider. “Don’t just stand there, you’re letting out the cold air. Come in!” he said excitedly. Harry started to walk in on instinct; it had always been good manners to go in when invited. Draco, however, wasn’t so convinced. He grabbed Harry’s arm and held him back.

Jensen froze in opening the door even wider and invitingly, pondering the two boys before him. “We’d prefer to stay outside, if you don’t mind,” stated Draco coolly.

Harry groaned. This was just great. Draco was going to try and intimidate the nice man and they were both going to get in trouble for it. “Well, that’s fine with me, kid,” said Jensen, shutting the door as he walked outside with the two. “What can I do for you? Did you need something?” he asked.

Shaking his arm out of Draco’s grasp, he looked up at the man and the words just seemed to spill, unheeded, out of his mouth. “Is there a reason I should be scared of you?” he asked all of a sudden, causing Draco to retake his arm and pull him back, behind him. Harry scowled. “I’m just showing you guys that there’s nothing to be worried about!” he yelled, yanking his arm away once again.

“Well, now that you’ve blurted it out, of course he’s going to lie to you!” yelled Draco, pushing Harry behind him again.

“Would you knock it off!” Harry pushed Draco out from in front of him and stood in front of a very shocked man.

“What are you two on about? Of course there’s no reason for you to be frightened of me. Where are you getting this from?” Jensen looked legitimately confused and just a little bit worried at the two boys.

“It’s nothing and we’re going,” Draco had a hold of Harry’s arm for the billionth time and was attempting to pull him down the sidewalk.

“Get off, Draco!” Harry tried to pull away, but Draco wasn’t letting him this time. He gripped tighter, not realizing through Harry’s baggy clothes that he was holding too firmly. “Ow, Draco, let go,” he pleaded, but the older boy was too intent on getting away from the supposed threat, that he failed to notice.

It wasn’t until Jensen had taken hold of Draco’s wrist that he looked down at the thin arm he had painfully wrapped his hand around. He immediately loosened his grip, but didn’t release his friend, still wary of the man that was now holding his own arm.

“What?” he asked anxiously, his need to get Harry and leave growing immensely.

“You were hurting him,” said Jensen, his eyebrows raised knowingly. “He told you to let go,” he added, and then frowned. “I’m not going to hurt either of you.”

“Sure, you say that now. But, once you gain our trust, you’re a whole different person,” exclaimed Draco, not taking his hands off of Harry, but unconsciously rubbing the arm he had just squeezed the hell out of.

“That’s insane,” Jensen did look honestly confused and bewildered. “I promise you I’m a good person.”

Harry finally got a chance to speak. “That’s what I think, but no one wants to believe me!”

Draco shushed him.

“You all think I’m one of them, don’t you?” asked Jensen, making the hair suddenly stand up on both boy’s arms.

“What?” they both asked simultaneously. This time Harry wasn’t against the move Draco made to protect him, pulling him bodily behind Draco’s taller form. “One, what?” asked the blonde, venom in his voice.

“One of those people with the black robes and the white masks,” he said, hands on his hips now. “I saw them the other night. I’m assuming you did too. I don’t know what they were up to, the freaks, but I’m not one of them. Thankfully, they stayed away from my Manor, but they were getting awfully close to yours.”

The feeling of complete and horrifying terror that engulfed both boys at that moment froze their lips from saying anything. They both had to have looked completely shocked and horrified, for Jensen was suddenly placing his hands on either of their shoulders.

“Boys, are you all right?” he asked, all concerned for them now, his slight irritation completely vanquished in light of their obvious fear. “What is it?”

“We have to go,” said Draco, his arm once more clinging to Harry’s, this time with fear. “We have to go, now!” he insisted. He realized then that Jensen wasn’t the one they were getting the bad vibe from, it had been Death Eaters infringing on their territory that had caused the intense feeling that something was wrong. “Oh, Merlin, you’d better come with us,” and Draco grabbed Jensen’s arm as well.

“What?” asked the young man. “Did you just say Merlin?” he asked, clearly thinking the two of them had lost their minds.

“Yes! Now get your butt in motion, we have to leave. You don’t know what kind of danger you were in! When were they here exactly? The men in black? When were they here?” asked Draco, obviously the only one with a clear head at the moment.

“Well, actually, it was last night. I thought I saw something moving in the woods the night before, as well. And when I heard Harry screaming last night, I thought it was those men! But, it was thankfully just Jupiter who’d given him a fright,” he paused in his movement, not even realizing he was going with the boys, when he remembered the horse. “We have to get Jupe, I’m not leaving him here. And besides, it’ll be faster if we all just ride him back to your home,” he insisted.

Harry finally snapped out of his daze, his fear that Death Eaters had found them, most likely to take their revenge on the one who had killed and the one who had betrayed their master. He was more worried for his father, though. “Can we all ride on him?” he asked. “That would be too heavy, wouldn’t it?”

“Kiddo, you don’t weigh hardly anything, and Jensen is a pretty big horse. Believe me, we can ride triple without any problem whatsoever,” he said.

Harry scowled but didn’t protest. He didn’t think he was that weightless, but everyone else in the entire world seemed to think so. “Fine, let’s get the horse and get out of here, then!” he exclaimed, the feeling of dread creeping nearer to his heart.

The stable was just a few yards from the house and they were soon inside. Harry assumed there would be the regular doing of saddling up the horse, but apparently, Jensen was starting to feel the apprehension they were, as Harry suddenly found himself air born, and then straddling the horse, and without a saddle. Draco was thrown up next, in front of Harry. Then Jensen climbed on behind both boys, wrapped his arms around them, grabbed the reigns, and they were off, flying out of the wooden building like a demon was chasing them. Jupiter must have felt their fear, as well.

Their ride through the forest was a quick one as well, they were just barely coming out of the woods by the lake when Harry knew something was wrong. He glanced back and what he saw sent a shiver of dread down his spine. “Oh, shit!” he exclaimed, forgetting his manners and letting the slip of tongue slide right off of it. “Go faster!” he yelled to Jensen as he pulled his wand out of his pocket. “Draco! We’ve got company!”

Jensen tried to look behind him, but was too afraid he’d lose his grip on the reigns and Jupiter would take them wherever the hell he wanted to. He could tell by the way Jupiter kept trying to run away from him that he was frightened of something. And apparently, it was behind them. The boys were screaming at each other and then he heard the oddest words he’d ever heard in his entire life come out of their mouths. ‘What the hell is expelliarmus?’ he wondered as he drove his feet into Jupiter’s sides. He knew he’d be letting the damn horse eat all the sugar he wanted after this. He only gave sugar cubes as a treat on occasion, and he knew he’d be feeling so rotten for riding him so hard like this, that Jupiter would get whatever the hell he wanted for a long time.

Looking ahead of them, he finally noticed a man come flying out of the slightly smaller Manor home, wielding some type of stick, and screaming something that sounded suspiciously like…Latin. He was gravely worried about this family, thinking they’d all somehow lost their minds, when a great white light erupted from said stick and went shooting over his shoulder. He heard an anguished scream from behind him and knew whatever the hell that was had just hit its mark. “Good Lord,” he mumbled, shuddering suddenly. “I’ve entered the Twilight Zone,” he spurred his horse faster, knowing the real threat was behind them, not in front.

Another two men and a stampede of redheads were quick to follow the lone man out of the house, raising their own sticks to help defend them, he realized.

They were suddenly rushing passed the group that was throwing weird looking lights at the ones behind them, and he finally got a good look at what was going on around him as he reigned in his horse and came to a sudden stop. It was the oddest and scariest thing he’d ever seen before in his entire life. It was like a light show, only more powerful and frightening. He knew which lights were just ‘wrong’ and which ones weren’t. He knew the green one was something to steer clear of. He also knew he had to get these kids away from here.

“Where do I go?” he asked, and a slim finger pointed towards the back doors, onto a veranda. He spurred Jupiter on again, and forgoing actually getting off the horse, he just rode straight through the doors and down the hallway. He followed wherever the finger pointed, and he suddenly found himself in what appeared to be a study. “What now?” he asked, clearly in shock and not sure what the hell to do in this kind of situation. It showed how entirely freaked he was just by the sheer fact he was letting a bunch of children dictate what to do.

“We’re going through the fireplace,” stated the blonde with conviction. “Get the Floo powder, Harry. We have to go, or we’ll have more than just Death Eaters to worry about. Severus will kick both our arses!”

Jensen watched in wonder as Harry pulled a vase off the mantle and threw a powdery substance into the dead fireplace. The once fireless fireplace burst into green flames, “Oh my God,” he muttered, and then the boys were dragging him into it. He would later deny he ever screamed like a girl.

…………………………….

“What the hell is taking them so long? They should have been here by now?” asked Ron, standing in the living room and watching the fireplace like a hawk. “I mean, it’s almost been an hour?”

Harry tried to calm his best friend, but he was beginning to feel the same panic the red head was. “I’m sure they’ll be here soon. They probably had to go and speak with Dumbledore and deal with the aftermath of all that was going on,” he said knowingly, though he didn’t really know anything at all. “I’m sure they’re fine.”

“I just…it just doesn’t seem right,” he said, and his head was slightly angling towards the two ‘strangers’ in his house. Not only had Malfoy never stepped foot into his house, but also he’d only ever met this Jensen fellow once.

“They’ll be fine,” Draco suddenly entered their conversation, making Ron scowl and Harry sigh in relief.

“There, see, take our word for it,” Harry was tired of talking and just tired in general. Jensen patted the seat beside him on the couch, still looking slightly shocked at the entire situation he found himself in. When they’d first gotten back, Jensen wouldn’t shut up until they told him what was going on. He laughed at them outright at first, then he seemed to remember what he’d just seen and done. Then he turned sober and sat on the couch. Considering this was the first sign of life they’d gotten out of him, Harry went to sit beside him.

“How are you doing?” he asked gently.

He shrugged his broad shoulders and grinned down at the small boy. “Well, this is definitely a day to remember, that’s for damn sure. How are you doing?” he asked, finally taking notice of his surroundings and the fact that the kids with him were obviously scared. Being the only adult in the house, he finally decided to get his act together.

“Oh, I’m fine,” insisted Harry, pulling a hand roughly through his hair. “It’s all of our parents that I’m worried about. And my godfather, and Remus. I just can’t believe they’re still not back yet. I’m just glad my Dad got into contact with the Weasley’s when he realized the wards had been breached. But, I wonder why he didn’t call Dumbledore, too? Or maybe he did and backup just hadn’t arrived yet,” he said, speaking his thoughts out loud.

“I’m sure the latter is the case,” Jensen gave his opinion, though he really didn’t know what he was talking about. He didn’t even know who Dumbledore was.

“You’re probably right.”

“I always am, kiddo,” he joked, running his fingers through the boy’s hair on habit. He did it with Jupiter and it just seemed natural to do it with Harry too. Not that he would consider the kid a horse, or anything.

Harry flinched away from the sudden and unexpected touch, but Jensen didn’t seem to even notice. At least, Harry hoped he didn’t notice. The man seemed to know just when he was getting too close for the boy’s comfort and when to back off.

“You’d think they’d be eager to get back and make sure you guys were okay, at least,” said Ron suddenly, breaking into the silence that had fallen.

Harry suddenly had a horrible idea. “What if they don’t realize where we’ve gone? What if they’re out there looking for us right now?” he asked.

Draco rolled his eyes. “Harry, they would know we came here. Or at least, they would know we would consider coming here. They’d check here before they’d go anywhere else to look for us. And besides, we’ve talked about this with Severus before. The Weasley’s is one of the check-in points if we ever have to leave the Manor. He’ll figure it out and he’ll come get us as soon as he’s dealt with them,” he said. No one had to ask what the ‘them’ referred to.

Ron sighed but nodded his head. “He’s right. They would come to check for you here.”

Harry nodded his head, feeling remotely stupid for worrying, but not really caring either. He started to get up and go make tea or coffee to give himself something to do when the flames in the fireplace burst into life. His eyes widened and he waited impatiently for someone to come through. There was a collective sigh of relief when Severus stepped out of the flames, followed by most of the Weasley family.

“Are you all right?” asked Harry as soon as the last one was through.

“Yes, we’re fine. Are all of you all right?” asked Sirius, stepping closer and taking Harry’s face gently into his big hands. “We were so worried about you two!” he said emphatically, looking towards Draco with concern as well.

The look garnered a surprised one from the blonde, who obviously hadn’t realized Sirius Black even knew he lived in the same house with the man’s godson. It was apparent that he had been wrong.

“What happened?” he asked instead, and waited as the room quieted so one of them could talk.

“Well, we were attacked, obviously. They apparently found out where we lived, though I have no idea how. That’s still a mystery. But, after you three managed to escape, it didn’t take more than thirty minutes to round up and subdue the other Death Eaters,” explained Severus, sitting down on the couch beside his son. He motioned for Draco to sit on his other side so he could have them both where he wanted them. Safe, with his arms around their shoulders. He ignored the fact that Jensen was also sitting on the couch. He realized now it wasn’t Jensen he’d been so worried about, just as Draco had come to the same conclusion earlier.

“What took you so long getting home then?” asked Ron, equally engulfed by his parents as Severus had done for his own children.

“We had to wait for the bloody Aurors to show up, that’s what,” said Remus, clearly still feeling the annoyance at their lateness. “Had it been a bigger threat, we could have been outnumbered before they even took the time to care that we needed their assistance. Luckily, we didn’t need their assistance. Our own organization came together quite quickly and efficiently and nipped their evil doing ways in the arse. I really think something should be done about that, but what do I know?” he asked bitterly. Harry wondered if he hadn’t complained before, but being a werewolf, his ideas and notions had been ignored.

“We’re going to have to re-ward your house, Severus,” stated Bill, who happened to be home this weekend. Fred and George had also been among the group who had come to their rescue and then had been ‘missing’ for an hour…an hour that seemed like an eternity to the worrying kids at home. Ginny was over at a friend’s house and didn’t even realize what had gone on, thankfully.

“Yes, I know. I was hoping to do that quickly, possibly some day this week? I’ll need some help though,” he subtlety let out, knowing most of the people in the room would give their assistance in a heart beat.

“We can help, Severus. Just name the time and day and we’ll be there,” answered Molly right away. She even went so far as to enlist the help of her family as well, whether they were willing or not. Thankfully, they were all more than willing to help Severus, especially since his son was Harry. That was a big incentive to get the wards back up and make the house safe once more.

“What are you going to do in the meantime? You can’t go back home until we’ve finished with the wards, but you know you’re all more than welcome to stay here,” offered Molly, holding her hands out in a gesture meaning her home. “We’d love to have you.”

“Thank you, Molly. But, I think you have enough on your plate as it is, especially with most of your family being home this weekend.”

“But, where will you go?” she asked, fretting already over their well-being.

“Headquarters, of course. They’ve already offered, and I feel it is the safest place to be right now, even given the circumstances,” he said slowly, knowing the reaction he would possibly receive at this news.

“Headquarters? But Severus, what about…”

Snape was quick to cut her off. “That’s already been taken care of. There will be no problems on that end. I’m sure you understand how risky it would be for Harry and I to stay here, don’t you? You’re whole family could be put in danger.”

She nodded pitifully, but knew she couldn’t ever endanger her children, even if Harry seemed like one of her own, any ways. She worried so much for him.

“Well, that’s settled then, why don’t we all head back to Headquarters and get things settled in?” said Arthur, thankful his wife didn’t throw too much of a fit over the arrangements.

“I’m in favor of that,” said Harry, already tired to the bone and it was only early evening by the time everything was said and done. He had never liked Grimmauld Place, but he was more than willing to go if he could just find a bed and pass out. Draco looked more than agreeable to that.

“Um…where am I going to go?” asked Jensen, his face still pale from the frightening experience he’d just had. Harry felt awful that they had basically ignored him.

“You’ll have to come with us,” he said, already knowing he couldn’t go back to his own home, either. He may be a Muggle, but now that he knew their secrets and all, his own house would surely have to be protected before he could go back.

Severus sighed but nodded his head. “I’ll inform the Headmaster of our situation,” he said slowly, standing to leave.

“Where are we going exactly? And where is Headquarters?” asked Jensen, still confused and bewildered.

“Don’t worry, you’ll find everything out momentarily,” insisted Molly, gently taking his hand and leading him towards the fireplace. “I’m sure you know how to do this, now?” she asked.

He paled further, but nodded his head. “Yes, unfortunately.”

Ron, Fred, and George were at Harry’s side before he was able to leave, wanting to make sure he was okay now that the initial shock had worn off.

“We were worried about you. I think the entire house was in an uproar when we realized the wards had gone down on Snape Manor. My dad somehow knew immediately and ordered us to get going right then and there. It was terrifying. I thought something awful had happened to you lot,” said Fred, his hand firm on Harry’s shoulder. “Are you sure you’re okay? Draco, too? Severus told us that the two of you were out on the grounds when the wards went down. I’m sure that was frightening in it’s own respect.”

Harry nodded. “You have no idea. And we had Jensen to deal with as well; he had no idea what was happening. Though, I think he’s finally getting used to the whole situation now. It’s actually good that he knows,” said Harry, suddenly looking around the house with a question painted on his face. “Where did Jupiter go?”

George waved to get their attention and pointed out the window. “He’s out by the garden. Mum would have had a cow if we let him stay in the house,” he told them.

“Oh, good.”

Soon they were all gathering in front of the fireplace and flooing over to Grimmauld Place. Harry wasn’t surprised when he stepped through to the dank, dark house that Dumbledore was waiting for them.

“Hello, Professor,” he greeted him tiredly.

“Hello, Harry. Are you all right?” he asked.

He was so tired he almost didn’t manage the nod, but somehow found the strength to do so. Then, Draco and Severus were standing beside him, having just come out of the fireplace.

“Good evening, Albus,” said Severus as Draco and Harry moved off towards the staircase.

“Wait a minute boys, there’s something I wanted to discuss with you before you turned in,” said Dumbledore, stopping them mid-stride.

Harry sighed pathetically. He really wanted to go to bed. “Yes, sir?” he asked, and noticed for the first time that his father did not look pleased.

Dumbledore motioned for them to go into the kitchen and sit at the table. Three cups of steaming hot sweet tea appeared in front of all their seats and Harry tentatively sipped at his as he waited for the Headmaster to tell them whatever it was he wanted to tell them.

“We do have another guest here, staying on the third floor. He would like to remain un-noticed, so if you all would, please don’t disturb him. He will not answer if you knock on his door. Is that clear?” he stated. He didn’t ask, it was more of an order and Harry found himself wondering just who in the hell was upstairs in this house. He was sure Sirius would tell him if he asked, but it really didn’t seem all that important.

“All right, sir. I won’t bother him, then,” he said. He wondered if Draco would give in so easily, but he nodded his acquiescence as well. Harry snickered behind his cup of tea, wondering how soon his friend would try to figure out who was staying on the third floor.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review!