Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I have to thank my old beta, Rachel, where ever you are I am glad you put up with my writing! Chapter 3 is currently being written.
Chapter 2-The Conversation and Reactions

Harry was sitting by himself in the Gryffindor common room. The noisy atmosphere could not be found, for the recent attack from Sirius Black brought everyone still. They were scared, for they all knew that Sirius Black was looking for Harry Potter. Harry was relieved and glad that everybody was not in the common room, and found things to do. He wanted to be alone for a while.

Harry sighed, why did everything happen to him? First his parents were killed before he was one, and then he lived in a hell hole and didn’t know anything about his parents till he was eleven. And know now evil strikes again! For once he thought he will have a peaceful year at school, but he isn’t sure it would happen. For now, he was waiting for Ron and Hermione to come back from Hogsmeade for them to finish their Christmas shopping, since he wasn’t allowed in Hogsmeade, especially since Sirius Black was still on the loose. He was worried, what if Sirius Black have captured them? Then what is he suppose to do? But after pondering on his thoughts, he went back doing Potions; after all he didn’t want to fail the class.

Meanwhile…

“Wait up Ron,” cried Hermione, while Ron rushed in and entered the Gryffindor common room. Hermione only wondered if she could stop Ron from blabbing the truth. All she could do was wait and see Harry’s reaction.

Meanwhile…

Moments before, Professor Lupin and Professor Snape were seen at entering Dumbledore’s office.

“Caramel Cheesecake,” replied Severus Snape rather dully. He never understood why Professor Dumbledore had an obsessive addiction to candy especially his fondness to lemon drops. He wanted to send Professor Dumbledore to one of those AA meetings except for candy. Professor Snape, happened to have learned about this from his old lover, Lily, who said a neighbor had to go to an AA meeting. He can see it now, “Hi, My name is Albus Dumbledore, and I love lemon drops. You want some.” He completely forgot that Professor Dumbledore was there, and that Remus Lupin started talking.

“Good Evening, Albus” said Professor Lupin. Professor Snape just sat there with a thoughtful expression on his face; he was still amusing himself with thoughts of sending Professor Dumbledore to an AA meeting. He didn’t even acknowledge Dumbledore in his office, or notice the twinkle under Professor Dumbledore’s eyes.

“Seeing Severus is still shocked at the news, I remembered something that Lily told me twelve years ago. She told me that Harry’s father happened to be from her older lover, Severus. I also discovered from a reluctant Harry, that his uncle beats him” Lupin told to Dumbledore. Professor Snape however was watching how the old man would react to the news.

“Well, I did remember the mission I let Severus go on November 1980. Was it to check on Lily and the baby?” asked Dumbledore, with the twinkle in his eyes. Oh, he remembered how Lily and Severus did date each other, and how even though Severus broke the relationship it, was to have Lily to be safe.

“Yes, that night I felt Harry kicked, and it was wonderful to spend time with my Lily” replied Severus with a reverent voice, remembering everything.

-Flashback-

A knock was heard from the Godric Hollow’s house number three. Lily wondered who it was late at night; she knew that James was out of town, with the Aurors, tracking down Death Eaters. Lily went and opens the door, surprised that her old lover was at the door. She had her hair up in a ponytail, and Severus missed how her hair looked so beautiful under the midnight rays, of the moon. She missed, Severus, and even though she knew he was a Death Eater, working with the Order of the Phoenix, she rather wanted to marry him then James Potter. In seventh year, he broke up their relationship, only to keep her safe, and told her to marry James Potter, and to go to Dumbledore. She also knew he didn’t want to be a Death Eater, that his father forced him to be one. “The sight of Lily set off something within Severus to quickly grasp her, holding her kissing passionately.

“Severus, I need to tell you that this baby isn’t James, but yours” said Lily

“Are you sure? Is James ever going to find out at all” asked Severus Snape.

“I’m positive” replied a grinning Lily. Severus didn’t ask any questions, knowing that Lily was the best witch at doing charms.

The evening was interrupted with a Remus Lupin knocking at the door.

-Back to the Present…-

“So as you can see Lupin ruined the evening and found out about Harry. He only came because Potter sent him there” replied Severus Snape, glaring at Remus Lupin, who just grinned back.

“You do know that know we can’t call Harry, Mr. Potter” replied Dumbledore, and moved the conversation to Harry’s safety…

Back to the Gryffindor Common Room…

“WHAT!!” Screamed Harry. Hermione was sure that everybody in the building could have heard Harry’s screaming. All Hermione could do was glare at Ron, who only shrugged, not realizing that he did something wrong.


To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
Coming up next time: What did Ron really say to Harry, to cause him to be upset, and what are the suggestion for Harry’s safety in the conversation with Dumbledore, Snape, and Lupin.

Please r&r!