Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

The Tournament
 

Chapter 30 – The Tournament

When Dumbledore left the room, Pomfrey shouted after him, “Albus, in case they even think about requiring Harry’s help, tell them that he is not allowed to do any magic for the next two weeks!”

McGonagall sat on the chair Dumbledore had just vacated and looked peculiarly at Harry. “Harry, is everything alright?”

Harry slowly opened one eye and mumbled, “Did they tell you?”

“Yes Harry, Poppy told us, and I’m very glad that she is willing to teach you so that you do not to deplete your magic so much when you use healing magic.”

“We have talked about it Minerva”, Pomfrey interrupted her, “but Harry still has to think about it, and at the mument he is too tired and just needs to sleep I think.”

Harry shook his head. “No Madam Pomfrey, I don’t have to think about it. You see, what you told me really came as a shock, but of course I would like you to teach me, sorry for not saying this earlier. I have always wondered why you gave me this book about Natural Healers for Christmas.”

At this mument, Dumbledore came back to the office. “They want Harry to come and heal someone in the ministry, Arthur Weasley, an inspector in the Care of Magical Creatures Inspection Office, who has been bitten by the snake earlier, and they still couldn’t manage to get the venom in order to make an antidote. But as Slughorn has spoken to the Aurors the other day, they know the story about Harry healing Slughorn…”

Harry didn’t wait for Dumbledore to finish, jumped out of his bed, and threw his robe on. “Come, Granddad, where do we have to go? I am sorry, Madam Pomfrey. I have to; Mr. Weasley is my best friend’s dad.”

Poppy shook her head annoyed and said, “Harry, you must be careful; your magic powers are still very low – don’t put yourself into danger!”

Dumbledore and Harry ran into Pomfrey’s office and floo-ed to the Ministry of Magic, Care of Magical Creatures Inspection Office, where many people were already waiting for them and rushed them to an office, where Harry saw Mr. Weasley lying on a sofa. He rushed over to his side and took his right leg, which seemed to have been bitten, in both hands. He sight and thought, ‘Maybe I should have killed that f… snake in the first place. How many people will I have to heal that have been bitten by her?’ Now he sent all the magic he could summon through his hands into Mr. Weasley’s leg until he lost consciousness completely.

Mr. Weasley relaxed and started to fuss over Harry, but Dumbledore just made a portkey to Hogwarts Hospital Wing, took Harry up into his arms and said, “I’m sorry; I have to bring Harry back to Hogwarts immediately.”

A mument later, they landed back in Harry’s room, where Pomfrey immediately started to look after Harry. Finally, she said, “I hope he will recover completely; this time he is not only asleep, but in a coma, and I don’t know when he’ll wake up, but it will certainly take at least a few days.” This time Harry was lucky, because Severus and Lily spent every free minute talking to him, and after only a day he slowly drifted from the coma into a disturbed sleep, and after another day he finally was allowed to attend classes – under the condition to take it easy and not to do any magic for two more weeks.

-----

Fortunately, during the next weeks, there weren’t any Quidditch matches, and the next weeks passed uneventful, so that it was not too bad for Harry not to be able to use magic. His only problem was that he had missed so many classes, that he still had to catch up a bit. This time he had exactly two weeks to prepare himself for the magical part of the tests, which were due in the last week before the Easter holidays.

“Take it easy Harry,” Lily said to him one day, “You don’t have to rush so much; even if you don’t do well on your NEWTs, you will be able to take them once more in the future anyway, won’t you? It’s more important to recover completely.”

When they arrived at the Transfiguration classroom, James leaned over to Lily, Remus and Harry and asked, “My mum asked if you would like to come with us again for the Easter holidays. What do you think; Are you up to coming with us?”

Harry sighed. “I would like that very much, but I have holiday lessons with Madam Pomfrey every day,” he said very disappointed.

Lily glanced at the sad look on his face. “Will the lessons take the whole day? Maybe you can stay at the Potters and just floo here every morning or every afternoon for your lesson?”

“Yes, Harry, that’s a good idea!” Remus added, and Harry promised to run up to Madam Pomfrey directly after the lesson and ask her.

I don’t even have to floo; I can just flash here and back, so it will be much easier,’ he remembered. Poppy was very happy for him and agreed to have the lessons every morning from nine to noon, so that he could just flash to Hogwarts after breakfast, and if he was too tired to flash back, he could always use the Floo System. His Great Grandparents also agreed to let him stay at his Grandparents’ House for the holidays, and this time even Severus would come with them. Harry again did well in all his tests and was very content with himself.

Soon Saturday morning came and they were riding on the Hogwarts Express again. Mr. and Mrs. Potter were waiting for them at Kings Cross, ready to take them all to Potter Mansion with a portkey.

-----

Before calling the House elves to carry their baggage up to their rooms, Mrs. Potter asked them how they intended to divide the rooms. Would Remus and Harry want to share a room again? Alternatively, would they like single rooms? Harry glanced at Remus and Severus and asked, “Would it be possible that we shared a room all together, I mean Remus, Severus and I? The room is so big, that it shouldn’t be a problem; I mean if you don’t mind, Remus and Severus.”

“The House elves can easily add one more bed; that’s not a problem, but what do you think, Severus and Remus? You can have a room of your own like Sirius, James and Lily.”

“No, let’s stay all together, alright Severus?” Remus suggested and Severus nodded in agreement.

-----

Harry was the only one in the kitchen early having breakfast together with Mrs. Potter at 8:30, while the others were still asleep. “How are you Harry?” his grandmother asked. “Madam Pomfrey has sent me an owl to tell me about what happened to you between Christmas holidays and now. She also told me about your lessons. How are you feeling about this ‘Natural Healer’ thing? I mean, on one hand it is a very useful and great ability to have; on the other hand, as far as I know you, I can imagine that you hated the special nature of it as well as the attention you would receive if you used it.”

Harry sighed. “Yes, I hate it, and I already had to use it in front of others; I had to go to the ministry to heal Arthur Weasley, who will be the dad of my best friend in my time, so I just had to go and do it. Anyway, I had better transform and leave now. I’ll be back sometime after 12 o’clock.”

“All right Harry, be very careful please. And if you are too tired to transform later, just come home by floo.”

Harry nodded and transformed into Icicle and noticed his Grandmother’s gasp when she saw the beautiful phoenix, before he sent a trill to her and flashed away, straight to his own room at Hogwarts. He arrived a little early, but Madam Pomfrey made no bones of it and started their lesson immediately. She brought a dummy and laid it on a bed in the fortunately empty Hospital Wing, took her wand and made a small scratch on the dummy’s arm. Now it was Harry’s part to heal the scratch. As it was a small scratch, he didn’t have to release a lot of magic, but he still had to learn, just how much magic was necessary to heal certain things. It was really difficult, especially as he was a little frightened to deplete his magic again, although this couldn’t happen as Pomfrey was watching on him like a hawk. But when the lesson was finished at 12 o’clock he was absolutely knackered.

Poppy suddenly said, “All right, Harry, that’s enough for today. Considering it was the first time, you did very well, and I am sure that by the end of the school year you will be perfectly capable of controlling your Healing magic. Very well indeed. Twenty points to Merlin House.” Harry glanced tired but happily at his teacher. “Now Harry, you will go to your room and lie down for an hour until I’m back from lunch to check on you. After that you may return to Potter Manor for lunch.”

Harry glanced at her astonished but did not answer back but went to his room and lay down. He slept until he was awoken by Poppy an hour later, who had thoroughly checked on him and told him he was fine and could flash back to his friends. When he arrived at Potter Manor, his grandmother made him a sandwich with Chicken Teriyaki, before she told him that his friends were outside in the park; so as soon as Harry had eaten his sandwich, he thanked his grandmother for the delicious meal, transformed back and flashed out in the park to meet the others.

-----

“Hey Harry,” Lily shouted excitedly, when the white phoenix came into view.

“How was it?” Severus asked and Harry transformed back quickly, noticing that it was still quite cold, as he was just wearing his school robes.

“Yes, it was very good, and I think this is going to help me a lot, and Madam Pomfrey is a very pleasant teacher. But after the three hours I was so knackered that she made me take a nap before I was allowed to flash back.”

Sirius roared with laughter. “Look Harry, I always said you’re sleeping a lot, taking naps during the holidays.”

Harry only threw a very annoyed glance in his direction and kept quiet. The whole first week passed by in exactly the same way. Harry really liked his Healing lessons, although they were as tiring as they had been on the first day and he had to take a nap every day. The afternoon was mostly spent outside in the big park, and Harry enjoyed it very much. In the evening, he had to do his homework for the Healing course, which consisted of reading the book about Natural Healers Pomfrey had given him for Christmas. He tried to read one chapter each evening, so that he would be able to finish the book during the holidays.

-----

On Saturday evening, when everyone was sitting in the parlour reading or talking, Harry excused himself and said he was going to bed ignoring the astonished glances his friends threw at him. He went up to their room, smiling mischievously. He took a small bag out of his luggage and enlarged it. He smiled mischievously looking at the colourful Easter eggs in the huge bag and took the bag onto the balcony, which was overlooking a part of the garden and the lake. Now he used his wish magic and magicked each of the Easter eggs into the grass down in the park. When finally all eggs had found their final place in the grass, he took a quilt and parchment out of his bag and wrote on the parchment,

The Easter bunny was here – who is going for an Easter egg hunt into the garden?

He charmed it to be put on the kitchen table at 6 o’clock on Sunday morning and went to bed, although he was much too excited to sleep. What would his friends say? During his last summer at the Dursleys, before he was taken to Hogwarts with Pneumonia, he had a job at the bakery in Little Whinging, where he often talked to a young man, who was an exchange student from Germany. And he had told Harry about this German Easter tradition. But he was quite sure that the Marauders wouldn’t know about it. Anyway, they would have a lot of fun in the morning.

And fun they had. Fortunately, the weather was good, so that they spent the whole morning in the park looking for hundreds of chocolate eggs.

-----

On Sunday evening, when they were lazily sitting in the parlour, having eaten too many of the delicious chocolate Easter eggs, James suddenly asked,

“By the way, the Easter egg hunt was really funny and a very good idea… but… tell me, who came up with that?”

Everyone went quiet and looked expectantly at each other. Harry grinned inwardly until he noticed the glances Severus, Remus and Lily were throwing at him. “What?” he asked innocently.

“What are we going to do tomorrow? Are we going out in the park during the full moon?” Lily successfully changed the topic.

“Yes, of course,” Sirius beamed.

“I am in,” Remus said happily.

Severus and James agreed as well, and James asked, “What about you Harry? Are you coming with us this time?”

Harry sighed and said, “I would like it so much, but I don’t want to catch a cold again like last time.”

Severus considered what Harry had meant and said thoughtfully, “Harry, you know, with the Potion I invented for you we can get a grip on your cold quite quickly if you get one, so I think you should be all right. If you feel like you have caught a cold, tell me immediately and I will make the Potion down in the Potions lab.”

Harry glanced at him questioningly. “So you think I can go? Then I will go – yeah!”

-----

“By the way,” Remus asked suddenly, “what about playing Quidditch tomorrow afternoon? As we are six people this time, we could have two teams of one chaser, one keeper and one seeker each. What do you think?”

It was early in the afternoon before the night of the full moon, and Harry had just returned from Hogwarts and joined them in the park. “Yeah,” Sirius cheered, “That’s a good idea. Who is going to play together?”

Harry laughed and said, “Let the captains choose. James can choose one team, and Severus can choose the other.”

James nodded enthusiastically and said, “Alright, I want Lily on my team.”

Severus threw him an astonished glance but stated, “Okay. I choose Harry.”

Harry stared at him. He was a little confused. “Err, Severus?” he managed to say. “I’m sorry, but I cannot play anything else but seeker; I have never played any other position.”

Severus threw a smile in his direction and told him, “I know that Harry, but I can play chaser as well; so you will be the seeker.”

It was James’ turn again, and he chose Sirius, so that Severus and Harry got Remus as keeper. Severus laughed and whispered to his two teammates, “Does James really think he has any chance of winning? With Harry as seeker and Remus as keeper, they don’t have the slightest chance.”

The other two giggled and mounted their brooms. They played three matches – each of them lasted between five and ten minutes before Harry caught the Snitch, and during that time, Severus always managed to score at least five times, while Remus efficiently saved every Quaffle that came in the vicinity of his hoops. After the third match, Severus told them, “It’s no use playing like this. Remus and Lily, could you perhaps change teams? Then it would be more equal with the better keeper on one team and the better seeker on the other team.”

Remus and Lily agreed immediately and changed their positions, but against Harry as Seeker they never had a chance. In order to win they had to score at least 16 times, but Harry always caught the Snitch too quickly. But at least they enjoyed themselves greatly.

Finally, Harry asked, “Do you think we could play a match during the night? Would I be able to catch the Snitch?”

The others were silenced by this question and just stood there staring at Harry. Finally, James laughed and said, “I don’t think it would be possible, but we should try to do it at Hogwarts. There we should have more light than in the park here.”

-----

When the moon became visible, it was a beautiful night; there was not a cloud in the sky, and the park illuminated by the light of the full moon was gorgeous. They flew and played around near the lake and just enjoyed themselves, before James transformed back, went into the House and came back with a tray full of butterbeer and Muggle potato snacks. They all transformed back and enjoyed a late night – early morning snack. Even Harry, cuddled between Lily on one side and James on the other, heated up by the butterbeer was not freezing this time.

While they were enjoying their snack, Harry had an idea. “I know what we should do. I can just charm the snitch and the Quaffle to be fluorescent – maybe a pretty light green/orange combination and we should be able to see it in the dark. Let’s try it out during our next full moon night,” he suggested.

When the others went to bed at 7 o’clock, Harry decided to go to the kitchen and prepare breakfast, as he would be too tired later if he went to bed just for an hour. Before he went upstairs, James told Harry, “Don’t let her make you sleep too long today; mum is going to take us to Diagon Alley in the afternoon!”

“Wow, that’s cool,” Harry answered happily. However, as so often everything happened a little differently than expected.

Harry flashed over to Hogwarts just in time for his lesson with Pomfrey, which went well as usual, until he suddenly noticed he was feeling unwell. But why? Had he managed to get a cold again? Then he should flash back quickly to ask Severus for the Potion he thought, while he sneezed and absentmindedly tried to let magic flow into a broken foot of the dummy, when he lost consciousness even before Poppy could pull him away from the dummy.

When Harry’s mind slowly returned back to awareness and he managed to open his eyes just a little, he noticed that his surroundings were dark except for a dim light that came through the open door of Madam Pomfrey’s office. Before his mind was even aware enough to wonder what was wrong or why he was there, Poppy came into the room and sat down on the edge of his bed.

“I’m sorry Harry, I had to keep you here, you are ill,” she said softly.

Harry groaned and croaked, “But they are waiting for me. What’s wrong?”

“You have a cold and you overdid yourself healing the dummy. Probably due to your fever, you couldn’t control your magic anymore and just used too much. But it’s not so bad this time, you only slept for about ten hours. Severus has brought a Potion for you; therefore, you will probably be fine again in the morning.” Harry groaned and closed his eyes, falling asleep immediately.

Even though Poppy kept him in bed the next day, he used the time efficiently by writing several letters to the other magical schools to organize a Quidditch tournament at Hogwarts during April and May, before he was allowed to return to Potter Manor in the evening. By the end of the day, he had managed to arrange dates for two weekends with Durmstrang and Beauxbatons for April 20 and May 25, not forgetting to get his Grandfather’s approval before fixing the exact date.

Both teams would arrive in the evening of Friday, April 19; Hogwarts would play Durmstrang on Saturday morning, and the game Durmstrang against Beauxbatons would take place on Sunday morning, before the guests would go home in the evening. In the same way, they would come back on Friday the 24th of May for the last game Beauxbatons against Hogwarts that was scheduled for the 25th of May. A huge dance ball with the presentation of the Quidditch cup would be the climax of the tournament, and on Sunday, all students would have the chance to accompany their guests from abroad to Hogsmeade. Harry was quite content with his good plan by the time Poppy released him to return to his friends in time for dinner.

-----

“Harry!” He suddenly felt himself embraced in two arms, bushy red hair falling into his face. Harry smiled widely – that could only be his mum.

“Harry, are you all right?” asked Remus, while Severus glared at him in concern.

“Yes, I’m fine; sorry for not being able to come back to you earlier,” Harry managed to say trying not to be squashed by his mother’s arms.

“Now Lily, let him go, he can’t breathe,” Severus admonished her harshly and Lily let loose immediately.

“Harry, we were so worried when Poppy suddenly fire-called and told us you had collapsed.”

Harry sighed with an annoyed look on his face. “It was nothing, just a little cold, and I’m really fine now, thanks to Severus. So tell me what I have missed yesterday!”

”Not much Harry,” Lily assured him. “Severus spent the days in the Potions lab, researching his cure for your immune system, and the rest of us were more or less talking about how we could help you, in fact doing nothing at all. We even postponed our trip to Diagon Alley until you were back.”

“Then I have done more than you,” Harry smiled at his mother. “I have arranged the Quidditch tournament to take place at Hogwarts and fixed the dates with Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.”

“Wow, will it really take place?” Severus beamed at his friend.

“Yes, my Co-Captain. I will make announcements to put up in each common room. We will also have a dance ball and a Hogsmeade visit together with our guests.”

James’ eyes glowed with joy hearing Harry’s last sentence.

“A dance ball? Lily! Would you please accompany me to this ball?”

Lily nearly fell off her chair with surprise and only managed to say, “Um… eh… ball?”

“Yes Lily. Don’t tell me anyone has asked you before, because nobody knew about this, so will you go with me?”

Lily sighed and replied obviously annoyed, “If I have to say yes in order not to be bothered with it every day for the next six weeks, then ‘YES’.”

“Yeeah,” James cheered and Lily groaned. Only Harry managed to notice the slightly disappointed glance Severus threw at Lily.

On the last day before they had to return to Hogwarts, Harry composed five colourful parchments announcing the two weekend dates. He also wrote three letters to the four House team captains with the exception of James to ask for their agreement to give up their own team practise sessions in order to let the Hogwarts team train every evening during the last week before both tournament weekends. As soon as everything was finished, he called Dobby, who arrived immediately with his distinctive ‘pop’.

“What can Dobby do for you, Master Harry?”

“Thanks for coming immediately Dobby, would you please be so kind as to put them up on the walls of the five Houses’ common rooms? And could you please hand these three letters over to my owl to have them delivered tomorrow at dinner?”

“Yes, of course Master Harry, I will do it right now,” Dobby replied. A second later, he was gone with a pop.

-----

Fortunately, the night of the full moon was not until three nights after the game against Ravenclaw, so that Harry was in top form for the game and Gryffindor managed to win 290:10. Remus had become a very good keeper, and hardly let anything pass him by. During the winner’s party in Gryffindor tower James counted and said, “You all know, that we lost the game against Slytherin, when Harry was in the Hospital Wing because of his fight with the dragon. But fortunately we only barely lost it, so if we manage to beat Hufflepuff by a goal difference of 200 points, in other words the snitch and five goals more than Hufflepuff – we can still make it and get the cup! Let’s try hard to achieve it, I mean it’s our last year here and I really want to take the cup once more!”

On Tuesday evening, Harry refused to go outside during the night. James and Sirius glared at him, but Harry defended himself, “Next week is the game against Durmstrang, and please believe me, I want Hogwarts to win the tournament, so I will not do anything that even might put me into a position of not being able to play in the game. Believe me, James, I love our full moon nights; they are the highlight of the whole month every time, but I really cannot go this time. I will join you again next month.”

Severus added, “I think you’re right Harry. Come on, I will accompany you to your room and ask Poppy for a dreamless sleep Potion so that you can’t even change your mind and join us in the middle of the night.”

Poppy didn’t even bat as much as an eyelid, when Severus asked her for a sleeping Potion for Harry; she knew that Harry was often having nightmares as she had often calmed him during the night without him knowing it, and Harry really could use the sleep.

-----

A week later on Friday night, the teams of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons arrived just in time for dinner. Each school had brought a starting team and a reserve team. Dumbledore and Harry who was organizing everything concerning the other schools’ stay at Hogwarts had decided to accommodate the teams in Merlin House; they were sorted into the dormitories according to their gender and age and had their seats in the Great Hall at the table of Merlin House, together with their dormitory roommates. The morning of the game against Durmstrang started as rainy as the whole week had been. Harry groaned when he woke up and looked out of his room at the dark grey sky. He quickly took a shower, fetched his broom and ran down outside the huge entrance doors, where he intended to wait for the Minister of Magic to arrive just in time for breakfast. Harry had managed to win the minister to referee all three games of the Quidditch tournament. Fortunately, Harry didn’t have to wait long, Minister McNeill arrived after a few minutes.

“Good morning Mr. Pane, thank you for inviting me here for this big event.”

“Good morning, Minister McNeill. I have to thank you for coming here for our Quidditch tournament, especially in this weather.” Harry accompanied the minister to the Head Table where his Great Grandfather took over. He motioned the minister to a seat between himself and McGonagall and spoke to the hall.

“Good morning Minister McNeill, good morning dear guests and residents of Hogwarts, welcome to our breakfast on the first day of our Quidditch tournament. As the weather is not very enjoyable, I will not say anything outside, so please allow me a few words on this occasion. After you have finished your breakfast, you are very welcome to watch our first game Durmstrang against Hogwarts. I wish you all much fun and hope for a nice, fair game. Now tuck in.”

I wonder how their seeker is’ Harry thought. ‘Fortunately I don’t have to play against Victor today’. The game was very hard, and he just couldn’t see the Snitch, because it seemed to be hiding in the very low hanging clouds. However, the Durmstrang students played quite aggressively, and he often had to escape from Bludgers coming in his direction. When a Bludger hit his left arm, Severus came over immediately and asked if he should ask for a break, but Harry just gripped his left arm with the right hand and let a small amount of healing magic flow into his arm, and his bones mended immediately. Nobody except for Severus had noticed anything about the event. Finally, after nearly four hours Harry got a brief glance at the golden Snitch and managed to get it right away, while the Durmstrang seeker was looking for it at the other end of the pitch. He showed the Snitch to the minister, who immediately blew his whistle and announced,

“Mr. Pane has caught the snitch. Hogwarts wins 520:410.” Wet and dirty, but very happy Harry and his friends landed on the muddy ground, while Dumbledore invited everyone into the Great Hall for lunch. At lunch, everyone frowned at the strange taste of the pumpkin juice, but when McGonagall asked Dumbledore what was wrong with the juice, he giggled and whispered that Madam Pomfrey had insisted the House elves mixed Pepper-up Potion into every glass after having the students sitting in the rain for four hours. McGonagall grinned as well and threw an approving glance over to her friend. Fortunately, Severus remembered that this would not work for Harry and used the time after lunch to brew a Potion especially for him.

-----

The weather on Sunday was bright and sunny, and Harry and the other Marauders were sitting on the tribunes watching the game Durmstrang – Beauxbatons. The game was over much faster than the one the day before; in only a little more than an hour Durmstrang beat Beauxbatons 170:40.

For the afternoon, the Marauders had organized a beach party in the Great Hall, similar to the one that had taken place after the demise of Voldemort. The mood in the Great Hall was great, even the students of Beauxbatons seemed not to dwell on their lost game. The party lasted until after dinner, when Dumbledore came to Merlin table and asked Harry to come to the Head Table to end the Quidditch tournament officially. Harry obliged and announced,

“In the name of all Hogwarts students I would like to thank you very much, dear students of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, for coming here and having this great tournament with us; the tournament will now end until the 24th of May, when I hope to see each of you here again. We would also like to thank your teachers as well as our teachers, who made the arrangement of this tournament possible and Minister McNeill for taking over the position as referee. I wish you a safe journey home and am looking forward to having you here again next month.” Afterwards the whole school went outside to say good-bye to their guests who were travelling by the same manner as Harry could recall from his 4th year.

For the evening, Harry and Severus had invited all members of their first and second team to a victory party in the common room of Merlin House. Harry said for everyone to hear,

“Dear Hogwarts team, I want to thank you for a great game. Our position is so good, that all we have to do in the next game on May 25 is to score 60 points and the cup will be ours. I think that is manageable. I also want to thank every student here in Merlin House for the hospitality you have shown to our guests – I really appreciate it very much. I wish you all a nice evening and ask you to note that I have promised Professor Dumbledore that the party will end by midnight the latest. Please don’t disappoint me and go to bed by at least midnight, although I will probably have to leave earlier. Thank you.” He walked over to where Remus and Lily were sitting and joined them for a few hours.

-----

The weather gods or whoever was responsible for the weather did not mean it well with the Gryffindors. Every time they had team practise it rained, and as much as Harry begged James to cancel the practise, he insisted that they needed the practise even in the rain, especially Harry as seeker. This time Severus’ Potion did not work well enough and after the Wednesday practise it could not prevent Harry from being in bed with a very bad cold; he wasn’t even released in time for the Gryffindor – Hufflepuff game that took place on Saturday. On Friday evening, he threw a temper tantrum, when Pomfrey told him he could not play as he still had a fever. But Harry wanted to play; he didn’t care how angry she might be later, he just didn’t want to think of any consequences – he just had to play. When he noticed that Pomfrey went to bed, he waited about half an hour before he transformed into Icicle and flashed away.