Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here is the second chapter, it was mostly finished when I posted the first chapter not sure when I'll write the third as I do have other stories I am trying to work on LOL. Again please please Review! Also if you have any ideas feel free to give them, the more I get the sooner I will actually come up with chapter three. So enjoy the chappie.
Speaking but not Listening

Why does he care? Why does he push at me demanding things I haven't ever told anyone...why does he care when no one else does? Why him of all people!

Harry sat miserably at the great hall. Arrangements, Snape was going to force him to live with someone whom he wouldn't know what to expect from. At least he knew what the Dursleys were capable of...now he had no clue what to do.

"Ah Harry my dear boy." Dumbledore's voice brought him from his thoughts, he turned and gazed up at the headmaster. It wasn't Dumbledore's fault, he had done what he had thought best to protect him, and how did he repay the headmaster? By exploding at him and wrecking his office. "Walk with me Harry." The kind old man said and waited for Harry to stand. The two left the great hall and walked down the hallways.

"Professor I..." Harry began but stopped when the older man took his arm and turned him to face him. His eyes twinkling knowing full well what it was that was bothering him.

"Harry...I'd rather you be mad at me, than at yourself. I'd rather you blow up my office than..." he touched Harry's hands. "Than taking your anger out on yourself. Harry Professor Snape has come to me with a problem." He stated and the two began walking again.

"A Problem?"

"Yes it seems, he feels that he must step in for one of his students. He is going to take this student for the summer...until he can arrange to have this student be his permanent responsibility. But he knows how this student would react to such news." Dumbledore said sadly.

"Sir..." Harry began a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"Harry it isn't often that Professor Snape is wrong when it comes to home troubles. And he never truly looked into yours...he has now. And..." Dumbledore continued pausing at the courtyard entrance. He studied Harry's face. "And he has demanded that I remove you from the care of your Aunt and Uncle and place you into his care."

"He what!" Harry shouted swaying, Dumbledore quickly grabbed hold of him. This isn't happening Harry thought shaking his head. He couldn't breath, he thought a second later swaying Dumbledore helped him sit down on the ground pushing Harry's head between his legs.

"Calm down breath..." the old man cautioned. When Harry was breathing better he stroked his back. "I know this is a shock, but I find myself agreeing with him on this point. You aren't doing well Harry...and some of the concerns he expressed to me I find myself feeling the same." Harry shook his head...this was seriously not happening...first the parchment and now this! He looked up at Dumbledore his green eyes pleading. The old wizard sighed.

"Professor-" Harry began in a broken voice.

"You keep your thoughts to yourself. You do always seem to go off on your own, without turning to those older than you for help. While...I feel at times that your actions were correct...and have agreed with you on many occasions...Professor Snape has pointed out despite who you are...a student shouldn't be allowed, or forced into any situation." He said sadly. Harry stared at him in shock.

"Professor..."

"I lost sight of the fact that you are a child Harry and for that I will never forgive myself. You stood so strong as each new year brought a new trial, untold dangers and you didn't flinch from it. You walked into it without looking behind...I assumed...it doesn't matter what I assumed the fact is that Harry you are but a child...you shouldn't have to deal with this." Dumbledore said wearily sitting beside him. The two sat in silence, only Harry's slightly panicked breathing disturbed the serene feel. Here he was sitting next to the only man who Voldemort feared...and he felt bad for him.

"I...I'd rather face all that then knowing that while I sit by, Voldemort is out there ordering raids, killing people. Not just wizards but regular humans as well!" He protested. Dumbledore shook his head and smiled sadly at Harry.

"I know...but...you don't hesitate if it is your life on the line, someone else's yes you do, however if it is merely your life...you go in without weighing any other options. Harry...my dear, dear boy, you don't see it but I did fail you. You no longer see any value in your own life. Professor Snape is going to remedy that, as well as teach you some self defense moves. He also pointed out you are quite helpless without your wand."

"I am not helpless! And I don't need his, or anyone else's help!" Harry shouted getting to his feet, he glared at Dumbledore. "I survived all these years on my own! And I will continue to do so until I kill Voldemort!" he snarled.

"Potter!" A silk voice shouted. Harry froze and turned very slowly. Snape stood there and from the look on his face...Harry was in serious trouble.

"My office. Now!" he commanded. Well...this certainly can not get any worse, Harry thought miserably as he was led away from the headmaster. Dumbledore waited until both were out of sight before he smiled popping a lemon drop into his mouth.

"Good luck Severus..." he said softly knowing full well that the professor was going to need everything he could get.

Why does he care? What does it matter? Nothings left for me anymore...the more friends I have the more chances are that they will be hurt...I can handle everyone alone...I can handle being alone...

Chapter End Notes:
Please please review...I'll give skittles?