Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

THEY ARE ON MY SIDE

The only thing Harry knew was pain. His roommates heard him let out a short cry, and then saw him glow a bright green, just before he went unconscious. Harry’s four friends rushed over to Harry, taking in his unconscious form. “Is he still alive?” Aidan asked worriedly.

“I don’t know,” Brian answered shortly, already pushing buttons 1 and 3 on the mobile phone at the same time. “It’s not working!” he cried out in panic. “Someone, go and get Professor Lovegood anyone!”

“Try again but only push the 3 this time,” Noah ordered Brian. “It won’t work if you push several buttons at once.”

Brian tried again and quickly told Poppy to come over; at the same time Luna burst into the room, kneeling next to Harry. Her face had turned white as soon as she’d seen Harry’s unconscious form. “He’s alive. He’s only unconscious,” she finally said, relieved, when Poppy entered the room and waved her wand at Harry.

“Yes, he’s alive, but just barely, and he seems to have been hit by a very powerful dark curse. I’m not sure what it is at the moment. What did you see exactly?” the Mediwitch finally asked.

Brian quickly described how Harry’s body had glowed green for a short amount of time before he fell unconscious, and Poppy’s face paled as well. “The only, and I do mean the only spell, I know that glows green is the killing curse. But Harry is not dead, at least not yet. I don’t know what kind of effects it might have had on him. We can only wait and see. I’m going to take him with me.”

“No, please, Madam, leave him here,” Brian protested immediately.

“Yes, please. It’s the weekend, and we’ll be here with him the whole time,” Noah added.

Cian and Aidan agreed as well and begged the Mediwitch, so that she finally relented, very hesitantly though. “For the time being, I’m going to leave him here, but when the situation affords it, I’m going to take him with me at that time.” Poppy quickly waved her wand at Harry, putting a spell on him that would alert her if his condition changed even the slightest bit. Then she retreated to the Hospital Wing, promising Luna that she would alert Minerva, as well as Harry’s parents.

The four boys decided to stay around Harry at least until Severus, who would definitely come to look after his son, arrived. Seeing that they were much too upset to sleep anyway, Luna agreed and called a House elf, ordering hot chocolate for the children and coffee for herself.z88;When Severus arrived from the Death Eater meeting two hours later, he waved his wand at Harry and frowned before he turned to the children. “Who saw exactly what happened?”

Brian hesitantly spoke up. “I did, sir. We were talking, so, yes, I saw everything.”

“All right,” Severus said, sighing. “Do you know what a Pensieve is?”

Brian nodded his head. “Yes sir, I do.”

“Very well, do you know how to put a memory into a Pensieve?”

The boy shook his head. “No sir, I’m sorry,” he whispered.

Severus took Harry’s Pensieve from the shelf behind his bed and pulled out his wand, bringing the point to Brian’s temple. “Now, Mr. O’Neill, please think about the memory and tell me when you’re finished.”

Two minutes later, Brian gave Severus a short nod, and Severus extracted the memory from his mind, before he headed into the Pensieve, inviting Luna to join him. When he returned, Severus’ face had a shocked expression. “Yes, that was the killing curse but it seems as if it partly re-bounded to the caster,” he said pensively. “Thank you, Mr. O’Neill, twenty points to Ravenclaw.”

“Wow, thank you, Professor,” Brian said, pleased. “Will Harry be all right?”

Severus cleared his mind. “We will let him sleep through the night. Tomorrow morning, I will try to enervate him and see if I can do anything for him.”

At that moment, the Headmistress entered the dormitory, rushing over to Harry’s bed, and Severus quickly filled her in. “All right, I’ll contact the Minister, so that he can find out what condition Dumbledore is in.” She pulled her mobile phone out of her robes and talked to Scrimgeour for two minutes before finishing, “I’m waiting for your call, don’t hesitate to call me in the middle of the night, if needed.” She addressed the other first year students.

ハリーと年(802;の不思議

Harry suddenly felt so free. ‘What’s wrong? I feel so… different,’ he thought. ‘Nothing hurts, not even my head – it feels strange.’ He threw a confused glance around, noticing that he was on a beach. But it was different from where they always went during their summer holidays. Several people were walking along the beach, and others were playing in the water, but Harry didn’t know anyone. Suddenly, he saw two men he thought he had seen before but couldn’t place them. He hesitantly took a step in their direction.

One of the men noticed Harry coming over straight towards them and addressed him, “Hello. Just arrived here? You somehow look familiar.”

The other man raised his head from the drawing he had been making in the sand. “Snape? You look like Snivellus, although he should be much older than you.”

“Sirius? James?” Harry asked hesitantly. He knew the faces from his first childhood although there were no memories attached to them as they had been buried very deep in his mind.

“Who are you?” Sirius enquired.

“I’m Harry Snape, the son of Lily Evans and Severus Snape,” Harry answered truthfully.

“You’re what!” Sirius shouted flabbergasted.

“Harry my son. Yes, I know that you’re Severus’, but officially you were still my son when I died,” James said delighted, looking at Harry in awe. “But you should be much older now, and why are you here in the first place?”

Harry sat down on the sand next to James and told the two Marauders the whole story. “So, am I dead now?” he finally asked.

“Obviously yes,” James answered pensively. “However, it depends on if you are able to find the way back to the living world. If you can still access your magic, it can help you to find your way back, but it’s very difficult. Are you an Animagus?”

“Yes, I’m a phoenix Animagus,” Harry answered, a hint of pride swinging in his voice.

“Oh, then you should be able to get back. As a phoenix, you should be able to flash, right?” James asked, throwing Harry a comforting glance.

“Um… yes, normally I can flash, but where can I flash to from here?” Harry asked confused.

“Sorry, Harry, but we have no idea. We didn’t find the way back in time. I think you only have a few days to get back,” Sirius told him.

“But the earlier you get back the better. Your parents will be so worried about you. Maybe you should just try it out. If you can’t manage, just come back here; we’ll wait for you for a while,” James suggested. “Ah, by the way, give my regards to Lily and Severus.”

“And I assume Remus too?” Harry asked, smirking.

“Of course, Moony too,” Sirius shouted happily.

“Oh, did I tell you… Dad and I have found a cure for Lycanthropy, and Remus is cured. He isn’t a werewolf anymore.”

“Wow, Harry, you and your Dad? That’s absolutely terrific. Wow! Give Moony our congratulations, will you please, Harry?!” James instructed the child.

“Yes, I’ll do that, provided that I’m able to get back. I’ll see you again sometime; thanks for your help.”

“Hopefully not too soon, Harry,” Sirius mumbled, obviously biting back tears.

Harry tried to transform into his phoenix form, and it worked. He trilled a supposed to be happy melody for Sirius and James, which however sounded very unsure and frightened. Harry was afraid he may not know what he had to do in order to get back, and he wanted to get back. He wanted to be with his Mummy and Daddy, and of course Isabella. He already missed Luna and her kind words, as well as his friends. ‘All right,’ he thought. ‘I don’t have time for these nerve wracking thoughts, I have to hurry up and try to get home.’

He concentrated on finding the way home to where everyone was alive at Hogwarts, but suddenly a different thought penetrated his thoughts of the way home. Harry quickly changed back and addressed Sirius and James once more. “Um… you know, when I flash I can take people with me. Would it work if I tried to take you with me?”

The two Marauders gave him an exasperated look. “You… oh, wow… Hmm,” James made pensively before he mused, “Do you think we’d be able to live on as ghosts, Padfoot?”

Sirius laughed. “I’ve no idea, Prongs, but… why not? We don’t have anything to lose. So let’s just try it out, if you don’t mind taking us, Harry.”

“All right,” Harry promised anxiously. “I can’t promise anything but I’ll try. Grab my tail feathers when I give you a sign.” Harry concentrated once again on finding the way back into Hogwarts where everyone was still alive before he gave the two Marauders a nod so that they grabbed his tail feathers, and then he flashed away immediately.

ハリーと年(802;の不思議

In the Ravenclaw first years’ dormitory, Severus was sitting on the edge of his son’s bed. The students had sat with Harry until curfew, then Lily had taken over until midnight, and now, Severus was watching Harry until Luna would come to sit with him from four o’clock in the morning until the first student in the dorm room was awake.

It was now Sunday evening and Harry had already been in a coma for fifty hours. From time to time, Severus looked up from his book and watched his son’s unconscious form worriedly. Sometimes, he talked to him privately, having thrown a silencing Charm around the bed.

Suddenly, Severus noticed two ghosts appearing out of nowhere. The two ghosts, he noticed shuddering, seemed to be those of Black and Potter. ‘Where did they come from?’ Severus thought, slightly horrified, when the two ghosts took straight course at him.

“Hello, Severus,” James was the first to address the professor. “Harry will wake up soon,” he told him comfortingly.

“How do you know that? And where did you come from?” Severus asked astonished, the concern about his son causing him to forget his traditional sneer towards the Marauders.

“Harry came to where we were and when he returned here, he was kind enough to bring us with him. So, we’re back in the castle,” James explained joyfully.

Severus quickly waved his wand at Harry and noticed that his son had indeed come out of the coma and was in a deep sleep. He let out a relieved sigh. ‘Leave it to Harry to do something that was so far unheard of,’ he thought. “Has Harry told you the good news, if he has maybe you should go visit your friend Lupin.”

“You mean that he’s not a werewolf anymore? Yes, he told us. Congratulations, Severus. Harry seems to have turned out to be a great lad,” James said admiringly.

“Yes, he is a son a father can be proud of,” Severus said proudly.

The two ghosts left the room together in order to give one of the professors the greatest shock he’d had since Harry was de-aged into a baby. From then on, laughing loudly, they decided Remus’ room would be theirs too.

ハリーと年(802;の不思議

Shortly after lunchtime Harry groaned, his mind slowly returning to consciousness. His whole body was sore. Confused, he rubbed his forehead, trying to get his thoughts straight. ‘What happened?’ he thought, bewildered. ‘I remember feeling so well, not even my head hurt, but now the pain is back and worse than ever before.’ Then he suddenly remembered being on the beach together with Sirius and James. ‘Oh, right, I was dead and they flashed back with me.’

Harry slowly opened his eyes, noticing that he was alone in his bed in his dormitory. However, before he was even alert enough to wonder what time it was, his godmother stormed into the room.

“Harry, oh it’s good to see you awake,” Poppy told him, relieved. “You gave us quite a fright, young man.” She quickly waved her wand over the child and handed him several potions, noticing that Harry was obviously in so much pain that he didn’t even look at the potions before he downed them.

“Your father has told me that you had quite an adventure, is that right, Harry?”

Harry frowned. “Daddy? Why? What does he know? Did he enter my mind? I didn’t notice at all.”

“No, but you brought two ghosts back with you. James told your father everything when he and Sirius arrived here.”

“Ah, right, James and Sirius! Did they really come back with me?” Harry questioned excitedly. “Where are they?”

Poppy snorted. “Yes, you brought them back, thank you very much. After pranking Remus all night, and they have started cooperating with Peeves with playing pranks on the whole school starting at breakfast. I’ve already had to cure a whole class of Potions students. They were suffering from purple boils all over their arms and faces due to Sirius blowing a strong breeze over their cauldrons, making them all explode.”

Harry groaned. “Oh no! I brought them back, and now they’re pranking my Daddy! Oh, he’ll be so angry with me. I have to go and look for them and have talk with them.”

Poppy carefully took of the bandage off Harry’s head, replacing it with a cold cloth across his forehead, and answered, “Ah, but I believe the whole school is grateful having the two pranksters here. Your Granny already told me she wants to see you as soon as you’re awake. However, you are not to go anywhere but stay in bed.”

“But, I’m fine, I…”

“I don’t want to hear it. You will stay here until I tell you otherwise and not complain, otherwise I’ll take you straight to the Hospital wing. Maybe tomorrow morning you will be able to leave your dorm but we’ll have to see. Please eat your lunch and rest; I’ll be back in time for dinner, but you can call me anytime with the mobile phone if you need me.” She called Dobby and instructed him to bring lunch for Harry and watch over him, so that he’d really eat some of it. Then she left the dormitory, throwing Harry a stern glance.

ハリーと年(802;の不思議

Very upset with his godmother, Harry pulled his notebook out of the drawer and tried to connect it to the Internet to no avail. ‘Maybe I have to study more about how the Internet exactly works,’ Harry thought, annoyed at his lack of progress. A glance at his alarm clock showed him that he had time before his classmates were going to return from lessons to run a quick errand. He quickly transformed into his phoenix form and flashed to his own room in his parents’ quarters, and grabbed all the books about the Internet he owned and flashed back to the dormitory, where he obediently lay back in bed and started skimming the books.

Suddenly, he heard a strange noise coming from the other end of the dormitory. It was like the sound of a very young bird. Harry frowned. Maybe he had just imagined it; there couldn’t be a bird in the dormitory. A few minutes later, he heard the same noise again, but he just couldn’t summon the energy to get up and look for the sound. After hearing it a few more times, he finally had an idea what it could be.

“Now, Sirius, stop it, please. I’ve enough of a headache without you disturbing me all the time,” Harry said tentatively.

Silently, a ghost floated over to Harry’s bed. “Oh, dear, yes, Harry, I’m sorry, I won’t do it again until you’re back to health. But then I promise I won’t stop pranking you.”

Harry groaned. “Don’t you think you owe me a debt for bringing you back here? I should think you’d leave my family and me in peace, otherwise, I may feel inclined to do a few tests on the results of the Avada Kedavra curse on a ghost.”

Sirius chuckled. “Oh, I’m sure we’ll work something out, Harry.”

ハリーと年(802;の不思議

Harry had just turned back to his book, when the door to the dormitory flung open and his classmates stormed in. “Harry, you’re awake!” Brian shouted happily, while the children squeezed themselves around Harry’s bed.

“We’re glad that you’re back. We were so worried,” Evelyn told him, and the others nodded their agreement.

“I’m sorry for making you worry, but I’m fine now. Shall we go down to the Common room? You have to tell me what you did in the classes, and we can do homework together. Have I missed much?”

His friends made space for him, and Harry crawled out of bed. “Um… Has someone seen my robe? I can’t go in my pyjamas, now, can I,” Harry mumbled, searching around his classmates until Lucy handed him the robe. Harry quickly put on a warm sweater and his robes over his pyjamas, and the first years descended into the Common room.

They did their homework for Herbology first, which was one of the few classes Harry had to do the homework. Then his classmates proceeded to do their Transfiguration essay, while Harry took a short nap in his seat in front of the fireplace, until Lucy woke him up. “Sorry, Harry, can you help us quickly?”

The friends were still engrossed in their transfiguration homework, and Harry was just showing them how to transfigure a brown plush cat into a red one, when the Headmistress entered the Common room. Only when the Common room had turned uncharacteristically quiet, did the first years notice that Minerva had entered the room and gave her an expectant look.

“Mr. Snape,” Minerva said sternly. “I heard that you had strict orders from Madam Pomfrey to stay in bed. Please follow me into your dormitory; I’d like to have a word with you.”

Harry groaned inwardly and anxiously followed the teacher up the stairs to his dormitory, accompanied by worried and sympathetic looks from his friends. Minerva made him take off his robe and lie down before she sat on the edge of his bed.

“Harry,” she said and pulled him into a bear’s hug. When she let Harry go, he noticed that tears were welling in his Granny’s eyes. “We were so worried, Harry. It’s good to have you back. Now, listen. Some of us had hoped that the curse had backfired on Dumbledore, but the Minister went to Azkaban to see him, and told me that Dumbledore is in perfect condition, unfortunately. However, Uncle Tom made plans with his Death Eaters, and are they are going to go to Azkaban tonight in order to do something about the coot.”

 

Chapter End Notes:
You can find a chapter graphic on my newsgroup page.

Thanks to Mushcorn and ObsidianEmbrace for betaing! All recognizable characters in this story belong to J.K.Rowling, and I am not earning anything by writing this story.