Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
Hi!

I have read many stories and wanted to write one myself. As I'm not an native English speaker I hope my grammar is not too bad. Hope you enjoy the story anyway. I'm looking for a Beta. If there is anyone who would like to help me with the grammar... let me know.
Chapter 1

Ron was lying in the bed with Hermione and Harry standing next to him when the door to the infirmary burst open and an angry Snape followed by Minister Fudge and Headmaster Dumbledore entered the infirmary.

“Potter! How did you free Black?!” Snape strode towards Ron’s bed and Harry took a step backwards at the angry accusation.

“Severus, the door was locked. They couldn’t leave this room. Neither of the children could have helped Sirius.” Dumbledore tried to calm his Potions master. He knew he would have a longer talk with Severus afterwards. Now he only could hope to calm him down a little bit. Before he would be able to talk to Severus about what happened the Minister had to leave first. And anyway, the Headmaster wasn’t really concerned about the momentary foul mood of his Potions teacher because he had the utmost trust in this teacher if it comes to his students and specially Harry Potter. But his bigger concern was the Minister who didn’t seem in a mood to leave Hogwarts soon and who would most certainly have many queries about Black’s escape. And after those questions would come the usual queries no matter what time it would be. Another long night for an old man, Albus thought.

Snape turned to face the Headmaster but kept his silence while Madame Pomfrey came out of her office to make sure that her patient gots the rest he needed. “What is this noise!” she glared a glare at the men that would have made Snape proud if he wouldn’t have been so occupied glaring at the Headmaster. “Gentlemen, this is an infirmary. If you’d like to continue your disputes then do it outside, not here. The door is over there!” The school nurse pointed her files in the direction of the door and remained in this position until the Headmaster started to shove the Minister and Snape outside.

“We still have a few things to discuss, Potter. In my office, straight after breakfast!” with that also Professor Snape left the infirmary. Harry just mumbled a quiet “yes, sir” although Snape didn’t wait for a response.

Harry and Hermione watched their Professor leave and turned their attention back to Ron.

“Five minutes,” the nurse told the children. “It’s late and you should be in bed. I have contacted your Headmistress who will accompany you back to your tower.”

“We know the way, Madame Pomfrey. And Sirius isn’t here anymore. It’s not necessary to burden Professor McGonagall to bring us up to the tower.” Hermione said.

“Either Minerva brings you back or you’ll spend the night here. It’s your choice.” With that she left to finish her notes in the office. She knew exactly that neither Hermione nor Harry would like to stay in the infirmary so she actually didn’t need to hear the decision out of their mouth.

Later in the common room Hermione and Harry dropped down on one of the couches near the fireplace. Hermione closed her eyes and rested her head on Harry’s shoulder. Harry just starred into the fire.

“Hermione? Do you think I can spend the summer with Sirius? He told me that I could live with him.”

Hermione put her feet on the couch and rested her head on her knees. “I don’t know, Harry. I think that as long as Sirius isn’t cleared of the charge he won’t be able let you stay with him.”

“Hmm. Had similar thoughts.”

There was silence again until Harry turns to Hermione again. “It’s not fair! Just not fair.”

“I know. It’s really not fair but I’m sure that Professor Dumbledore will help Sirius and then you can live together.”

“Hmm.” Harry got up from the couch.

“You will see, Harry. Everything will be fine. You just need a little patience.” Hermione smiled sadly into Harry’s direction.

“I’m tired. Think I'll go try to get some rest.” Yeah! Try is good. Don’t know how I’ll be able to get any sleep after what happened, and worrying what Snape wants tomorrow! Harry thought as he went to the stairs that led to the boy’s dormitory.

“Night Harry!”

“Night Mione!”

To be continued...