Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:

Vampire Heir: Raising Harry

Timeline of events:

Nov. 27, 1947 - Matthew Potter married Karen Draken.

Nov. 17, 1948 - Bambi Potter was born.

Jan. 9, 1960 - Severus Snape was born.

July 30, 1960 - Lily Evens was born.

March 10, 1960 - Remus Lupin was born.

March 27, 1960 - James and Katerina Potter were born.

April 14, 1960 - Anna Davidson was born.

Oct. 27, 1960 - Sirius Black was born.

April 7, 1968 - Jenny Potter was born.

May 10, 1970 - Kaylee Potter (Bambi’s daughter) was born. Her mother Sam died while giving birth to her.

Nov. 29, 1970 - Bill Weasley was born.

June 14, 1972 - Bambi saved Molly and Bill Weasley along with her unborn son Charlie by giving himself up to Death Eaters.

June 21, 1972 - Bambi was blinded.

June 27, 1972 - Matthew Potter rescued Bambi.

Dec. 12, 1972 - Charlie Weasley was born.

Aug. 31, 1975 - The Potter Raid, Matthew, Karen, and Kaylee died during the raid. Jenny died two day later at St. Mongu’s in James’ arms.

Nov. 14, 1976 - Severus found James attempting to tale his own life and confronted him.

Aug. 22, 1976 - Percy Weasley was born.

April 1, 1978 - Fred and George Weasley were born.

Sep. 19, 1979 - Hermione Granger was born.

April 23, 1979 - Kat and Sirius got married

Nov. 14, 1979 - James and Severus got married.

Dec. 19, 1979 - Remus and Anna got married.

March 1, 1980 - Ron Weasley was born.

July 30, 1980 - Harry Severus Potter was born.

Aug. 11, 1981 - Ginny Weasley was born.

Oct. 16, 1981 - James and Lily go into hiding.

Oct. 31, 1981 - Voldemort attacked the Godric’s Hollow and killed Lily and James. Severus drops into a coma upon James’ death.

 --

Slash relationship: James/Severus

Chapter 1

Prologue:

June 19, 1986:

“Sev, Sev, you need to wake up. Sev, please, wake up. Sev, Harry needs you. You have to wake up. Sev, wake up.”

Severus Snape woke up with a start. “JAMES!” That was James’ voice telling him to wake up, but where was he. Severus couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Severus, is that you. Oh thank Merlin your awake. How are feeling? Do you need me to get you anything?” Anna Lupin said as she hurried over to Severus’ bedside.

“I feel fine and no you don’t need to get me anything. Where are James, Harry, and Lily? Are they all right?” Severus said sharply still looking around for his mate.

Anna closed her eyes. “Severus I’m sorry but James and Lily, they’re gone Severus. He killed them.”

Severus shook his head fighting back tears, that wasn’t right he’d just heard James’ voice. “Harry where’s Harry?

“Harry is at the Dursley’s, with Lily’s sister.” Anna said softly.

“Lily’s sister, why is he there?” Severus said terrified at the very thought of his beautiful little boy living with those Muggles.

“You’ve been in a coma for five years, Severus.”

“Five years? Then Harry six years old, why isn’t he with James?”

“James’ is dead Severus. Voldemort killed Lily and him both Halloween 1981.”

“Then where is his body, I won’t believe you unless I see his body.”

“You can’t Severus, there…” Anna said trying not to cry. “There was nothing left of him except his necklace and his wedding ring.”

James, his beloved, mischievous, beautiful, James was gone. He had to be gone; he had to be because James would have never taking off his wedding ring or his necklace, never. He’d never see his beloved’s face again. Never again hear him laugh at some prank he’d pulled. Never again see the way his crystal blue eyes seemed to glow when they kissed. “I have to go get Harry he’s all I have left. I have to go get my son.”

“You can go, right after you let me make sure you’re fit to go.” Anna said before she started examining him. A half an hour later Severus Snape walked out of St. Mongu’s on his way to pick up his son.

Harry Potter looked up from the flower bed he was weeding to see his Cousin Dudley walking in the house with a giant ice cream cone in one hand and a candy bar in the other. He licked his lips, the ice cream looked so good, cool and refreshing, but Harry knew better than to ask where his was or if he even got one. Ice cream was only for good little boys not bad little freaks like him.

“BOY! Get in here.” Aunt Petunia yelled. Harry quickly ran into the house being careful not to get dirt on the clean floor. “Go clean up then make Dudley his lunch.”

“Yes, Aunt Petunia” Harry said. As quickly as he could he washed his hands with cold water because freaks weren’t suppose to use warm water that was for normal people. Harry then opened the fridge and pulled out some ham and cheese before grabbing the bread. He was frying up the ham when the doorbell rang, and he was grateful when his Aunt left to get the door.

As he watched the ham to make sure it didn’t burn he was shocked to hear his Aunt mention his name. “There is no boy by the name Harry in this house.”

“You are Petunia Dursley, am I right?”

“Yes, I am.” Petunia said sharply.

“Then I’d like to speak with Harry?” A silky voice said softly. Harry gave a sharp intake of breath that voice. He knew that voice. It was the voice from his dreams. The one that always told him that he’d protect him; it was his Daddy’s voice. His Daddy was alive and here to get him. Harry pulled the ham out of the skillet and put together two huge sandwiches, all the while listening to the conversation that was taking place in the entryway.

“I’m sorry sir, but he’s not here.”

“Then I’ll have to just come back another time then.” His Daddy said smoothly.

Harry’s head snapped up, he couldn’t leave, what if Aunt Petunia told Uncle Vernon that he was here. He’d be sure to make sure the Harry would never be found; he’d lock him up in the cupboard and never let him out. Harry bolted out of the kitchen and down the hall. He threw himself at the black haired man at the door wrapping his arms around the man’s waist. “Daddy please, don’t leave me? I don’t want to locked up again. I’ll be good, I promise, just don’t leave me. Daddy, please.”

Vampire Heir: Raising Harry

Chapter 1:

Severus looked down at the little boy clinging to him, and said softly so not to frighten him. “I’m not going to leave you, child. Calm down, it’ll be ok, Daddy’s here. Why would you be locked up?”

“Aunt Petunia will tell Uncle Vernon and he’ll lock me up for being a bad boy.” Harry said his voice muffled by Severus shirt.

“Harry would you like to leave here and come home with me?” Severus asked as he sent a death glare at Petunia.

Harry pulled away from him slightly. “Can I really go with you? Where would we go?” Harry asked in a rush then realized what he’d just done. Freaks like him weren’t supposed to ask questions. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I won’t do it again, I’m sorry.” Harry said as he ducks his head covering it with his arms and froze waiting for the blows to come.

“Harry child, I won’t hit you. Yes you can really come with me. As to where we’re going we’re going to my house.” Severus said. Using every bit of self control he had to keep from demanding why his little boy was terrified to even ask a simple question. “Go get your things and we’ll leave here okay.”

“Promise you’re stay here.” Harry said worriedly.

“I’ll be right here.” Severus said, watching as Harry nodded before running down the hall and opening a little half door to the cupboard under the stairs. “What did he mean, Petunia?” Severus growled. Petunia quickly backed away from him. “You better tell me.”

“He just is make… making up store… stories like normal.” Petunia stammered. Fear radiating off her in waves.

“You’re lying, and I hate liars. What has that fat pig of a husband of yours done to my son?” Severus sneered.

“Only what he deserves for being for little freak that he is.” Petunia snapped.

“Daddy, I’m ready.” Harry said as he ran back to his father. He looked from his Daddy to Aunt Petunia then back again. His Daddy seemed not to like Aunt Petunia at all, from what he could see by the way he was glaring at her.

Severus looked down at his child to see he was clutching a dirty worn old blanket to his chest from what Severus could see the blanket used to be blue. It was Harry baby blanket. “Is that everything?”

“Yes sir, it’s everything.” Harry whispered.

“Then let’s go home.” Severus said holding out his hand to the little boy. Harry slowly reached out and took his hand. With one last glare at Petunia Severus turned and lead his son out the door and down the road to where Remus Lupin was waiting with a his car to take them to the train station. Severus was glad when Harry yelled “Moony” and threw his arms around Remus neck once he saw him. Upon reaching the station the two boarded a train headed for Scotland. “Harry do you have any questions for me? You are allowed to ask them you know.” Severus said once they were both settled in their sits.

“Hmm… What took you so long to come get me?” Harry asked thinking that his Aunt and Uncle must have lied to him about his Daddy being dead but also wondering why his Daddy hadn’t come to get him right away.

“Do you know what a coma is?” Severus asked as he watched his son. Harry looked just like James with Lily’s eyes, but Snape knew that it was the grimmer he was seeing not what Harry really looked like. He wondered how much his baby boy had changed since he’d last seen him.

“Ahmm… is it when people sleep for a really long time.” Harry said warily.

“Yes, that’s exactly what a coma is. How did you know that?” Severus said proudly.

“I… I am…” Harry said hoping his Daddy wouldn’t get mad at him for reading a of his Aunt Petunia’s books like his Aunt and Uncle would. “I read it in a book.”

“That must have been a pretty hard book for you to read.” Severus said beaming.

“Yeah some of the words were pretty hard.” Harry said happily.

“Well Harry I was in a coma that was why I couldn’t come get you until now. I hope you’ll forgive me for not coming sooner.” Severus said glad to see Harry was opening up to him so quickly.

“It’s okay. You’re here now so it’s okay.” Harry said smiling.

“So you like to read? Is there anything else you like to do?”

“I like reading, spelling, and math, but I’m stupid and can’t do it right.”

“Harry I doubt your stupid. How about I get you a tutor to teach you your math and spelling and anything else you’d like to learn.”

“Ok but how will I know if my doing it right?”

“I’m sure your tutor will tell you if you ask and if it not right I’m sure their help you through it so you will get it right.”

“Who will tutor me?”

“I’ll talk to Remus and see if he will how’s that?”

“That sounds great.”

“Ah here we are Talica.”

“Is this the town where you house is?”

“Yes but the house is outside of the town in the country.” Severus said as the two got off the train. “Before we go home thou we should pick you up some clothes and a few toys.”

“Toys, but I’m not allowed to have any toys or new clothes.”

“Harry, you’re living with me now and I’m allowing you to have toys and clothes of your own.”

“Okay, Daddy.” Harry said as they walked into a children’s clothes shop. After spending the next hour picking out clothes, Harry followed his Daddy into the toy shop next door. Harry couldn’t help but stare at all the wonderful things in the store.

“Pick out anything you want?” Severus said watching Harry eyes widen in wonder.