Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 2

Harry walked slowly down each row of toys looking at them all in wonder. Was he really allowed to pick one out; he’d been allowed to get clothes but was he really allowed to get toys too. He looked up at his Daddy and saw that he was watching him. So Harry quickly made his way to the clearance items and pick up a toy dragon. “Can I get this one?”

“If that is what you want yes. Do you like dragons?”

“Yes, I think they’re cool.”

“Well if like dragons why don’t you look over here.” Severus said before leading Harry through a door at the back of the store. The door was charmed to fill the little room behind it with whatever person walking through it is looking for. Harry gasped at all the dragon toys. Severus watched as his son wandered around the room staring in wonder at it all. A few times he picked up a dragon only to put it back again with a shack of his head. Severus followed along behind him picking them back up and putting them in the shopping basket.

After about an hour of wandering Harry turned to him and asked if they could go home. Severus nodded and went and paid for their items along with a stuffed dragon he’d found in the back of the little room. “Daddy, how are we going to get to the house if it’s out in the country?”

“We’re going to take a taxi.” Severus answered, leading Harry over to one and getting in. Once they reached the gates of The Potter Manor Severus found himself once again fighting back tears as he thought about the last time he’d been to the Manor with James. He wouldn’t have come back at all if the Manor wasn’t the safest place for Harry. Severus got out of the taxi and grabbed their bags before paying for the ride and heading inside with Harry.

After finding Harry a room and putting all of new clothes and his toy dragons away. Severus made dinner and sat his son down to eat and explain. He explained everything, Him and James, Lily’s Charm that they had put on Harry to try and protect him, to the fact that Harry along with Severus and James were vampires along with being wizards, and that James was born half elf from his father and half true dragon from his mother, which made Harry 1/3 elf, 1/3 dragon, 1/3 vampire. Severus was surprised with how well Harry took it all. “Aren’t you shocked or overwhelmed?”

“Yeah, but everything you said just feels right. Like that’s the way it supposes to be. Except the charm but now I know why I feel like I’m wearing a second skin.” Harry said.

“I’ll look into it and see if there’s a way to remove it.” Severus said.

“Please do.” Harry said yawning.

“I think you should go to bed.” Severus said. Harry nodded and headed up to his room. His room he couldn’t believe that he had a room all to himself of his very own; he smiled as he climbed into his bed with his stuffed dragon Brimstone in his arms.

Severus watched Harry leave before dropping his head into his hands and crying. His mate was dead along with his best friend. He’d missed five years of his little boy’s life. Peter it was Peter’s fault, Peter was James Secret Keeper. Sirius everyone would have thought it was Sirius. James would never forgive him if he left Sirius to the dementors. He had to get him out but how…