Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 5

Bambi Potter made his way up the dusty road that leads to the Borrow, his wolf Shadow at his side. “Do you think he’ll try to run?” Shadow said softly into Bambi’s mind.

“Hmm, maybe, but he won’t get far.” Bambi answered with a smirk.

“You got that right.” Shadow said.

“You got a low tree branch coming up, right about now.”

“Thanks.” Bambi said as he dodged the branch. “Can you see the house yet?”

“Yes, it’s just ahead. We’ve been spotted and one by one of the kids and their heading inside so expect a greeting.” Shadow said.

“Ok, thank for the head’s up.” Bambi said as he felt the dirt under his feet smoothen out.

The child is back with Molly and she’s heading toward you stop walking.” Shadow said as he stopped.

“Mrs. Weasley, how are you?” Bambi said as he came to a stop in front of the red headed woman.

“I’m fine, thank you. May I ask what the cause of this visit is; normally you call before you come over?” Molly asked.

“I’ve received some information recently that shed some light on my brother’s death. It was shocking to tell the truth. What I found out is that Sirius Black was never my brother’s Secret Keeper and that Peter Pettigrew was. I believe he’s hiding here posing as your son’s pet rat.” Bambi answered softly.

“Percy, will you please bring Scabbers over here?” Molly said.

“Mom, he bit me.” Percy said sharply as he tried to bring his pet over to his mother. Scabbers hit the ground and took off running as fast as his little legs could carry him. Shadow was on the rat in seconds, his jaws closing around it, holding it tight.

“Peter, will you please transform.” Bambi said softly. Scabbers started to grow; Shadow dropped him as he did and moved a few feet away. Peter Pettigrew was soon standing where Scabbers was. Shadow growled and bared his teeth at the rat. “Thank you, now I have one question for you. Why did you kill James and Lily?”

“I… I… I didn’t k… ki… kill anyone.” Peter squeaked staring at Bambi a tremor of fear running through him. Peter knew that you had to have a death wish if you pissed off Matt and Karen’s eldest son. Bambi Kara Potter was probably the hardest of Mat and Karen’s kids to piss off he was normally laid back and willing to let things slide but of you hurt his family you better be ready for him to give you in ear full.

Bambi glared at Peter his pale blue eyes as hard as ice. “Oh yes you did Peter, you killed James and Lily the minute you told Voldemort where they were hiding. You killed them and you know it. That’s why you framed Sirius and why you were hiding as an innocent child’s pet rat. Pull up you the sleeve of you robe if you have nothing to hide.”Peter gulped and slow pulled up the right sleeve of his robe. “Both sleeve Peter.” Bambi growled. Peter slowly pulled up his other sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark on his arm.

Molly gasped and quickly herded her children inside of the house, telling them to stay inside and away from the Death Eater. It was all the confirmation Bambi needed with Shadow already telling him that Peter did have the mark. Bambi quickly bound and disarmed the rat before turning to Molly. “Will you testify that he has the Mark?”

“Of course, I can’t believe that there was a Death Eater living under my own roof.” Molly said shocked.

“It’ll be ok, he can’t hurt anyone now.” Bambi said reassuringly as he used a portkey to send the rat straight into the Ministry holding cells.

“Yes, yes your right.” Molly said. “Would you like to stay the dinner Bambi?”

“No, I’m sorry I can’t I promised Severus that I’d be home for dinner.”

“Well, maybe some other time then?”

“Yes, some other time. Charlie still likes dragons, right?”

“Yes, they’re all he ever talks about.”

“Hmm. Maybe we could get Harry and him together and went them talk dragons. They’re all Harry talks about to.”

“Maybe we should, hmm… how about Friday?”

“Sounds good to me, Friday it is.” Bambi said. The two talked for a while longer before Bambi headed home.

Chapter End Notes:
The next chapter will be out Saturday next week. Sirius will be freed and Harry asks for a unusually bedtime story.