Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
It all finally comes to a head

and there is a special cameo appearance of Tonks and Lupin! warning! alcohol is involved in this chapter!
A Nightmare and a Rescue

Severus woke up again. He cursed to himself as he once again felt his body remind him of all the abuse he had endured from the horrible muggle bastard. He had never felt this much pain in his entire life. Not even from the beatings he received from his father, Tobias Snape.

How in the hell did Harry survive this? How in the hell did he do it? Did the boy have some natural magical ability to heal himself? No wonder Harry locked himself away. Severus now understood everything. He had to get out of here. Soon.

Minerva, you have to get back here. Or there will be one less Muggle in the world.

He’d be damned if he stayed even one more day in this hell hole.

With this in mind Severus reached over and picked up is wand that he had hidden under the pillow and pointed it at himself.

“Nervios impermeables al dolor.”

Immediately the pain stopped. Severus knew the spell would last not last forever…but he needed to sleep and he could not sleep when he was hurting. So then with the pain held at bay he fell into a fitful sleep.

But he didn’t sleep well.

He was bent over in the Dursley garden pulling weeds. He was so tired, so thirsty. But he ignored his discomfort and continued working. He didn’t want to get in trouble again.

“Boy! Why are you still out here. I told you to have this done an hour ago. Bloody hell! You are the laziest boy ever born!”

Severus felt his control slipping. He looked up at the man towering over him. “I have only been out here 30 minutes! There is no way I would be done by now!”

Uncle Vernon turned an angry shade of purple.

“How dare you speak to me in that tone. I brought you into my house out of the goodness of my heart and this is how you thank me?”

Severus bit back his reply and looked down at his hands that were clenching into a fist. “I’m sorry Uncle Vernon. I will be quicker in the future.”

“That’s it. Severus, I have had it with you!”

Severus looked up in shock. To his horror Vernon Dursley stood over him with a bottle of Whiskey in his oversized hand.

“What the hell?”

As Severus watched, Vernon Dursley pulled out the cork with his teeth and spit it out. The cork hit Severus on the side of the head. Severus flinched. But could not take his eyes off the man that was now changing in front of him. Vernon Dursley slowly got thinner and was now turning into none other than Tobias Snape.

“What are you staring at boy!”

Suddenly the garden disappeared and Severus found himself kneeling on the hard tiled floor of the kitchen at Spinner’s end. Severus felt his horror growing.

No! Anything but this!

He watched in fear as Tobias took a long swig from the bottle, gulping the alcohol greedily. Suddenly he stopped. Noticing the boy watching him.

Severus remembering himself, adverted his gaze and looked back down at the floor.

Glass suddenly shattered against the wall.

Severus flinched. “No! Please no!”

Now he could hear the sound of a belt flying through belt loops.

Severus could feel himself trembling as he remembered what always happened next.

Searing pain lit his flesh on fire as he felt the leather meeting his suddenly bare body.

Severus screamed. The pain seemed to be magnified this time. His screaming seemed to infuriate Tobias.

“Take your punishment like a man! Grown men don’t cry!”

Severus looked up again. Tobias’ eyes were glowing red. Severus cried out as another lash met his skin. And then other lash…and then another.

Now Severus cried in anguish as the belt met his skin time and time again.

“Tobias stop! Please.”

Severus looked up in surprise as he heard his mum’s voice.

“Mum! Help me! Please! Help me!”

Tobias sneered at him. Your mum’s dead boy. She can’t help you now.”

Severus now lost all control and leapt at his dad. But Tobias backhanded him and he landed against the wall.

Severus’s eyes sprang open. It was dawn now. And there was a pounding at the door.

He got out of bed wincing at the pain. The spell had ended hours before. He wirily answered the door.

Aunt Petunia stood before him. “You are to dress and get showered. Aunt Marge is coming today. You had better get ready.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

* * *

As Severus showered he thought back to the Occlumency lessons he had given Harry. He had seen memories regarding an Aunt Marge and also her dog Ripper.

He had heard that Harry had literally blown her up. Severus had always been just a little curious about why that had happened. He knew that it had been a manifestation of accidental magic. But he was still wondering where Aunt Marge fit into Harry’s world.

He was soon to find out.

As he came downstairs he saw HER. Severus approached the living room warily.

As if sensing her prey, Aunt Marge turned her head and her eyes narrowed.

“Why is the miserable wretch still here. I would have thought you’d have thrown him into the street where he belongs by now.”

Severus glowered at her. But kept silent.

“You’re just like your father aren’t you. A lazy little whelp.”

Severus said nothing. He closed his eyes remembering that he was impersonating Harry and Harry loved his father, prat that he was.

“No! My dad wasn’t a whelp. He was-”

Severus found himself being back handed.

“I will not have you talking to my sister like that. You had better watch your attitude boy or you will find your self in the street.”

Severus closed his mouth obediently.

“There is definitely something wrong with him Vernon. He should have been drowned the moment he was born. I am telling you, I was right all along. It is all about bad blood. There was something wrong with the bitch so there is something wrong with the pup.”

That did it.

This whole time Severus was doing his best to stay calm…but what he had just heard robbed him of all control.

He glared at the horrible woman. “How dare you speak Lilly like that! She was a thousand times better than you!”

Severus was visibly trembling with rage.

So this is what made Harry loose control.

He was snapped out of his thought as he was roughly grabbed by the front of his shirt. And was suddenly being shaken violently.

Then suddenly it stopped. Severus opened his eyes to see a wand being pointed at the back of Dursley’s head. Remus Lupin looked dangerously violent. “Minerva, It appears you were right all along. Forgive me for doubting you. ”

Severus looked all around. At the moment, the older Witch was busy subduing Aunt Marge.

“Never doubt a woman’s intuition, Remus.”

Just then Ron and Hermione came down carrying  Harry’s trunk between  them.

Molly Weasley approached Vernon with her wand out.

“It is obvious that you are an unfit guardian, Dursley. You are lucky that I don’t hex you where you stand.”

Vernon glared at her. But the look of heated fury in Molly’s eyes kept him quiet.

Petunia opened her mouth to speak but was silenced by the warning coming from Tonks, who had kept her wand trained on Petunia the entire time. Her hair had was turning an angry red.

“Not a word, Muggle.”

“Come on Severus…I trust you have had enough of this place?” asked Mc Gonnagal.

Severus glowered at Vernon.

“You have no idea.”

Chapter End Notes:
Up next: A long awaited talk with Dumbledore