Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Revenge is a dish best served cold...
Revenge

That night there was a meeting in the Gryffindor Common room. Remus had been right when he heard a speaker buzz. Out of worry for Harry the Weasley children and Hermione had listened in. And to say there were angry to hear of Harry’s abuse was an understatement.

All of them were besides themselves with righteous rage. No one more so than Hermione and Ron.

“I can’t believe that Harry never said anything.” Hermione fumed.

“He was more than likely embarrassed. Think of how he was when Umbridge forced him to use that cutting quill.” reasoned Ron.

“Ronnikins has a point.” replied Fred

"We men are supposed to be the heroes. And all of wizard kind calls him the ‘Chosen One.’ How could people trust him to defeat You-know-who if he cannot defeat abusive relatives?” supplied George.

“That’s why he has us.” said a new voice.

The Weasley children looked up to see their former professor standing in the door way.

“Professor Lupin? I didn’t know you were there.”

Remus grinned and strode into the room and sat down. He grimaced and made a show of making himself comfortable. “I know what you all are planning. And I must say that although I would love to see those horrible Muggles get what they deserve. To use Magic for revenge against them would be a grave mistake. To hex them in anyway would do nothing but create more work for the poor ministry workers…like your dad.”

“But Professor, we cannot let the Muggles get away with it!” protested Hermione.

“I know that they deserve it. Miss Granger. But you are underage still. And I don’t want you to get expelled. You are way to brilliant…in ways of both the magical and Muggle cultures. It would be a horrible thing to loose your wands over such a little matter.”

“It’s no small matter.” exploded Ron. “Those muggles tortured Harry. If we have to break a few rules to get revenge than so be it.”

Remus gave them all a stern look.

“That’s enough Mr. Weasley. I will be going #4 Privet Dr. to have a chat with the Dursleys tomorrow at 6 Pm. I am the last Marauder…Sirius would not want you lot to follow in our prankster footsteps.”

With those words Remus got up and walked into the doors. Then he paused. “If the Muggles can get by without magic then so can you.” and with that Remus walked out of the portrait hole.

Back in the common room. Hermione looked at the Weasley comrades and flashed a mischievous smile.

~*~*~*~*~

The next night at precisely 6pm Remus apperated in front of #4 Privet drive. He noticed to his delight that the lights were still on. He strode purposefully up the drive way and knocked on the door.

Quite suddenly the door flew open. “What do you want! You are not welcome here!” snarled Uncle Vernon.

“A word only Mr. Vernon. Perhaps you can spare a moment of your time. We must discuss transfer of custody.”

Remus strode in and hiding a brief smirk he turned to address Vernon Dursley.

“Even in the wizarding world we must do things properly.”

“And just who the bloody hell do you think you are to come barging in here!” Demanded the fat man

Remus strode into the living room and sat down in a very comfy looking armchair.

“I am Mr. Remus J. Lupin. Former Professor of the Defense against the Dark Arts, Harry’s new godfather and most unfortunately a werewolf.”

At the mention of his furry little problem, Vernon’s eye’s went wide.

“What do you want, with us?” asked Petunia

Remus grinned. "Several things. First thing…We know what you did to Harry this summer…we suspected abuse but we needed proof…so we sent our best spy to impersonate my Godson. Thanks to him we have all the evidence we need. We could do the legal thing and just turn you into the Wizard Child Protection service for abuse…but I think I find this way so much more gratifying."

"We chose our top spy for this mission, he was after all a mostly reformed death eater. Very good at concealing his true identity…we know everything and I am appalled that I didn’t find out sooner. You must be very intimidating to make him stay so quiet.

“We don’t know what you are talking about.” sputtered Vernon.

“No you have no idea what I am talking about. Remus replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Nor do you realize how Harry saved your son’s ass. Dear Dudley would have been worse than dead had Harry not acted on my lessons and cast the charm to drive away the dementors.”

“I know that poor Lilly would be appalled at your treatment of her son. You are lucky she crossed over when she died. Or you would have quite the vengeful spirit on your hands.”

Petunia looked outraged. "The boy is lucky to have a place to sleep at night. We let him stay here out of the kindness of our hearts.”

Remus sneered. “Really. And does he have to submit to your torture to repay you. You starved him, beat him and exploited him. You are lucky that it is not a full moon right now or I would happily rip your throats out and leave your entrails all over the house.”

Vernon and his wife looked petrified as Remus said this.

Remus looked at them evilly and then just for effect he bent back his head and let loose an earth shattering howl. Then turning on his heel he headed for the door way.”

He paused and turned to Vernon Dursley who was on his heels eager to get him out of his house.

“I regret that my dearly departed fellow Marauder was not here to do this…” Remus trailed off.

“What?” question Vernon.

“This.” and then drawing back his fist Remus asserted himself and socked Vernon in the mouth making the overgrown Muggle fly back and hit the floor.

Grinning with smug satisfaction Remus walked out the door down the drive way and disappeared.

~*~*~*~*

Minutes later Snape and Harry met the werewolf in the courtyard.

"What have you done. Lupin."

Remus gave them a smug look of Satisfaction. "Revenge is a dish best served cold, my dear Snape." he then winked at Harry and entered the castle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning when Vernon Dursley walked out the door to go to work he stopped and cursed loudly.

There was toilet paper in the trees, a foul smelling manure covering his steps and his windows. Some one had ruined his perfectly manicured lawn and someone had taken a marker and scrawled accusations all over his car.

Just to name a few:

Child abuser,

Freak,

Git,

Bastard,

And of course, right across the front windshield…

Courtesy of the Marauders…second generation

As a final touch someone had let all the air out of the tires.

Vernon cursed and walked back into the house, and slamming the door behind him.

Chapter End Notes:
OK so i just wanted to clarify my reasons for using this type of revenge. Ron, Hermione, and Ginny are not of age yet. Fred and George are of age but they are still bound by the statute of secrecy And just incase you missed it... Remus was subtly giving the kids hints on how to exact revenge without getting into trouble.

Any way there is just one more chapter to this story...up next

Well the final chapter is next...