Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Alas we come to the end of the story
An Improved Life

Remus woke bright and early the next morning and got dressed. He was in an incredibly good mood…and he was hungry.

When he entered the breakfast hall, he noticed a small little meeting going on.

“Good Morning! I trust you all slept well last night?”

Ron looked up his mouth still full! “Mmmhmm.” Hermione rolled her eyes at her…friend.

Remus chuckled and moved past them to where Harry was sitting. “Are you all sorted out now?” he asked as he sat beside his godson and looked at the food in front of them hungrily

Unlike Ron, Harry took the time to swallow what was in his mouth before replying.

“Yes Sir. Thanks to those horrid potions Snape forced me to take-”

“I prefer to be called Professor Snape if you don’t mind and if it weren’t for those horrid potions you would still be in the hospital wing.”

Harry had the grace to look chagrined. “Pardon me Professor. Won’t you come sit with us?”

Snape eyed them with distaste. “As much as I would love to sit here, I have my spot at the head table. I just wanted to inform you that I will be visiting the house later today and I will need you there so I may set up the security wards.”

Lupin smiled at the Potion’s master. “We’ll be there.” Snape said no more and swept passed them his cloak billowing behind him in true Snape fashion.

~*~*~*~*~

The cottage which Harry took to calling ‘Marauders’ Cave’ turned out to be a wonderful paradise. It was situated in a wooded area next to lake. It was a single level house with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room and a kitchen.

Remus was happy too, he finally had a place to live far away from prying eyes (thanks to all the anti-Muggle charms and wards) Harry even gave him the master bedroom which he painted a pale blue and had a nice set of furniture. (Remus could barely believe his eyes…not being used to such finery.) Especially with his huge queen-size bed. Which he claimed was the softest bed he ever had the pleasure to sleep in.

Harry’s room was painted in Gryffindor colors and had a full size bed. With cashmere blankets and sheets made of Egyptian Cotton.

Of course several improvements were made such as an extra bedroom being added onto the house… (for when Ron and Hermione wanted to come over)

Harry also wanted some skylights and a nice porch built into the back yard for sunny days. Which Molly Weasley provided a spell to keep the insects away. 

Just off to the side of the porch was a special memory garden that Harry and Remus planted together. There were beautiful flowers everywhere. That were irrigated by a beautiful waterfall that featured a stag and a doe that looked to be nuzzleing. The garden was full of the most beautiful lillies ever grown (thanks to Madame Spout who helped to plant it.)

Not far from the waterful was a little sitting area where Harry liked to spend his time thinking. And right next to the sitting area was a statue of a big black dog that looked like it was standing guard over the garden. At its base was the name Sirius Black  and underneath it was this  phrase:  I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

As a final touch a basement was put in…in the rare case that Remus forgot to take his monthly potion that was fortified with a titanium steel door and heavy wards.

Once a week Severus came over to make sure that Harry was taking his nutrient potions and of course they had their counseling sessions which took about and hour and half, some times more when a sore chord was struck.

Molly being herself always fussed around Harry and Remus being fed and insisted that the family come over for a nice home cooked meal…which neither of them objected to.

Those dinners often led to pickup games of Quittadge with Remus sometimes joining in. Harry noticed with happiness that the middle aged werewolf was becoming a much happier and laid back man. (especially when a certain female auror came to visit.)

Of course Harry had to acknowledge that Voldemort was still out there and he still accompanied Remus to Order meetings even though Molly still wouldn’t let him in on the meetings himself.

On the whole Harry didn’t mind as much especially with his feelings starting to blossom when ever Ginny was around. He didn’t dare say anything to Ron for surely his best mate would beat the stuffing out of him if he knew.

But still Harry was happy knowing that he would never have to face his horrid relatives again…for the first time he was definitely home

And as for our favorite potions master, he found over his many therapeutic sessions with the Potter boy, that his cold heart were starting to melt. Every session the boy opened up to him more and more. Soon Severus had to realize that they could talk quite easily about everything…even when Severus revealed how much he had loved Lilly Potter. By the end of the Summer the ‘Great Bat of the Dungeons’ had become much more human.

And it had all started with a stupid meeting.

Just a side note: The Dursley’s were so worried about their reputations that Vernon decided they all needed to move to the Switzerland.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
I want to thank you all for reading this. It was not my best work but then I am much better at writing fluff and romance...I may not write another story for this site for at least a week as I feel that i have neglected the other site way to long. It is listed on my author page (feel free to check it out if you want:)