Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
Disclaimer: JKR is the lucky one.

AN: Okay, so I though some of you would enjoy this series. Please R&R
This is in answer to Kathy’s challenge. I hope you all like it.

Oh and please:: WARNING: This story contains spanking of children/teenagers, if you don’t like it, don’t read. Seriously, if you go on and read after this warning, DON'T blame.
Snapshot One - The Teddy Bear

That’s it!

He had had it!

There will be not more of that! Severus stormed through the corridors for the 20th since the start of term. It was 2:00 after midnight for Merlin’s sake. Wasn’t it enough what that brat did on Halloween? What with the troll and everything? Wasn’t it enough what happened in Quidditch when he had to save the ungrateful brat’s neck?

Snape had found no rest since that brat set his foot in Hogwarts. Every single night, he patrolled the corridors, and more times than not, the boy was up to something. But since Christmas, it had become unbearable. Little did Snape know then that it was all the Headmaster’s fault. He had given Harry his father’s invisibility cloak, the same cloak which had caused Hogwarts professors nightmares for the seven years that James Potter was studying at Hogwarts.

This seemed to be one of those nightmare nights for Snape. Filch had just alerted him that there was a student out of bed and Snape was searching all around the school for that student. He knew it was Potter, he just knew it. Of course, who else? That arrogant little snot, strutting around as if he owned the castle.

………

Meanwhile Harry, oblivious to a certain raging Potions Master, was sitting up in the Astronomy Tower, his invisibility cloak securely in his pocket. He sat in the dark, on a large window seat, hugging his knees to his chest and looking over at the grounds. It was so peaceful, so quiet, and so calming. Harry felt blessed. He was now in a place where he was happy, where he could find peace. Hogwarts! And to think that just a few months ago, he didn’t even know this place existed. He even had friends now. People actually liked him, well apart from Snape of course. The man hated him since he first set his foot in the school, but that was alright, he was used to it. What Harry considered strange was the other people’s reactions to him, not Snape’s. He only thought it normal for people to treat him like that.

Harry sighed. He was getting cold. Maybe he should just go back to Gryffindor tower then and bury himself under the blankets. Harry smiled to himself as he stretched a bit. He now had a bed, his own bed, and blankets, comfortable snuggly blankets. All he needed was a teddy bear or something to hug at night. Harry sniggered. Yeah, what would Ron say if he knew Harry … eek!

A heavy hand landed on his shoulder startling him. He looked up in horror and gulped audibly. Snape!

Face pale, glaring, eyes glittering and nostrils flaring. Snape was enraged. Harry wanted to speak, to run, to do something other than standing frozen on the spot looking terrified, but he couldn’t. It was Snape! And Harry was in so much trouble.

“You think yourself above rules, Potter?” The potions master tones were deadly, clearly informing Harry that he might meet his end today. Didn’t Snape try to kill him before, the man actually wanted to throw him off his broom, right there on the Quidditch pitch with everyone watching, with Dumbledore watching. What would stop him now from killing Harry?

Harry felt his throat dry as he croaked weakly, “No, Sir.”

“I see. So you actually do believe that being out of your dormitory after hours, in the astronomy tower no less, alone, and AT TWO O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING, is within the rules?”

Oh God oh God oh God, Snape was going to throw him off the astronomy tower. He was just so stupid, why didn’t he keep his cloak on? He gulped again.

“What, nothing to say?” What could he say? Please don’t kill me?

“Sir, I … I’m sorry, I uhh please, sir ..” Harry said lamely. He hated himself for sounding so weak but he was genuinely scared.

Snape’s voice was so sharp, cold, and deadly as he whispered, “Sorry you will be Potter, mark my word.” And Harry shuddered.

Then Snape took hold of the back of his neck firmly and pushed him towards the door. Wait! The door? Wasn’t Snape going to throw him off the tower? Harry breathed in relief, well not today it seemed.

But wait where were they going? Harry stomach did a flip flop, Snape was going to take him to the headmaster’s office then? Oh No! Harry couldn’t bear the thought. Harry just imagined the disappointment in the Headmaster’s eyes and tried to swallow the lump in his throat. And suddenly getting thrown from the astronomy tower didn’t seem so bad after all. But no, Snape was still pushing him and they were … Harry groaned! They were headed to the dungeons! Did Snape honestly think he could give Harry detention now? He was going to scrub cauldrons until the morning?

Too soon they reached the dungeons and Snape pushed Harry inside his office. Harry stood still waiting for the lecture that was sure to come.

And Snape didn’t disappoint him. “I want ONE reason Potter, ONE EXECUSE that would make me put up with your complete lack of respect to rules that were put for the students’ safety more than anything else. ONE EXECUSE that would make you think you can do whatever you want without expecting consequences to your behavior.”

Harry really wanted this over soon but he really didn’t have anything to say so he stood silently studying his shoes and hoping the lecture would soon be over.

“Nothing to say, Potter?”

Harry shook his head, “No Sir.” Why don’t you just give me that detention and get it over with?

“Well Mr. Potter, I assure you that you will have a lot to say soon. I will make sure that you will never even think of leaving your common room after hours again.” Harry suddenly started to feel uncomfortable, something in Snape’s tone was … off. As if the man had made some sort of decision. And what was he doing pulling that chair from the desk and putting it beside Harry, right in the middle of the room.

Harry stared stupidly at Snape as he sat down and grabbed Harry by the arm saying viciously, “there will be no more disrespect, no more wandering around when you shouldn’t Potter, and no more of that ‘above the rules’ attitude.” Snape took hold of Harry’s trousers and quickly undid the fly pulling the trousers down in the process and only then did Harry wake up from his trance.

Only then did Harry discover that Snape intended to … Oh My God! Snape was going to … going to spank him? That couldn’t be true, could it?

Before he could get properly shocked at the prospect, he found himself staring at Snape’s boots while dangling face down over his teacher’s lap, “No, no Sir, please,” Harry struggled to get up, he couldn’t believe it. Snape easily held the boy over his lap, his arm firmly around Harry’s waist and landed a VERY hard smack on his bottom over the boy’s robes.

Harry yelped. Ouchhhh, that hurt.

Snape then pulled up Harry’s robes out of the way exposing his briefs and Harry’s little body. Snape was surprised. Under the robes, Harry seemed very small, very thin. Granted the boy always seemed small for his age, a bit short too but now looking at the boy’s bare back, and legs, and soon to be bare buttocks, they just seemed much smaller than expected. Snape landed another sharp smack over the boy’s briefs, extracting another yelp, then another smack, then rained down about a dozen sharp smacks on the small bottom.

Harry yelped and gasped with every smack. It hurt. His bottom was stinging so much now and he hoped Snape would stop soon.

But Snape was far from it. He took hold of the waistband of Harry briefs and tugged them down to the boy’s knees exposing the now pink bottom.

Harry gasped as he felt the cool air over his now bare behind, “Nooo, no sir, please!”

The boy had just discovered that the last few smacks were only the appetizer. Good. He was in for a long spanking that Snape was sure to cure him of his nightly strolls.

He raised his hand high, and while slightly cupping it and spreading his fingers, he slapped his hand down on the boy’s bottom, and Harry squealed. Snape smirked. Experience had taught him that this was the best way to spank, cover the bottom with his hand without really doing much damage, and cup it a little to make a big sound scaring the little brats over his lap senseless.

Another SLAP and Harry started to squirm. And then it was like a rhythm, Snape started raining slaps over Harry’s bottom alternating cheeks covering bottom and thighs until Harry’s little backside was a deep shade of red.

Harry totally forgetting anything except the fire in his bottom was now sobbing hard, tears flowing like a river, and wailing all the time some incoherent words and sentences, “Owwwww I amm sorryyyy, oouuuccchhhh pllleease, no morrree, b-b-bbeee good, ooooowwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhh neeeevv-ver ag-gain!”

And Snape was satisfied, the brat would now think a hundred times before setting his foot out of the common room again. Still there was the final lesson. And he would be damned if he let the boy get up before that last bit.

Snape raised his right knee a little adjusting the boy so his bottom was in the middle of his lap and he had a better access to his sit spot, yes, the tender area where the buttocks met the thighs, exactly the area where the brat was going to sit on. He rested his hand on Harry’s now very hot bottom to give the boy sometime to compose himself and stop blubbering. Harry would have to listen now.

After a few moments Harry’s sobs decreased and his wailing stopped. He really hoped it was all over now. His bottom hurt like hell, he wouldn’t be able to take more, one more smack and he was sure going to die.

Snape’s voice finally came shattering all his hopes, “If you have calmed enough Potter, we can continue.”

And that did it, Harry dissolved into more sobs “N-no p-please – no more no more”

Snape calmly raised his hand and brought it down over the boy’s sit spot.

“OOWWWWW!”

“You will never break rules again.” SLLLAAAPPPP

“OOOOOWWWWWWW Nooo, nnooo never”

“You will never leave your common room after hours.” SLAAAAPPP

“OWWWWWWWW (sobbb) No, ppplleeasse,, I won’t, ever.”

SLLLLLAAAPPP

“OOOUUUCCCCHHH OhhGod. I am sorry, Sir, so sorry”

“You will listen to your Professors SLAAAPPPP, you will always follow the rules SLAAAPPP, and you will be good SLAAAP SLAAAPPP SLAPP SLAPPP SLAPPP SLAAAAPPPPP”

Harry was bawling hysterically and blubbering incoherently. It hurt, it hurt, it hurt!

And at that point he was hoping that someone would just throw him from the astronomy tower and be done with it. He should have just jumped when he had the opportunity.

Harry continued to sob his heart out still upended over his Professor’s knee. And soon his sobs slowed down as he felt a rhythmic patting on his back. That patting was so comforting. A few moments later, the patting stopped almost making Harry start crying again, but then another comfort started, small circles were being rubbed gently on his back and he closed his eyes over the rest of his tears.

Harry’s bottom felt as if he was sitting on a stove but he was comfortable. Well comfortable and tired and his throat was a bit sore with all the howling.

Snape was grateful that the boy had finally calmed down, only with an occasional sniffle every now and then. He had started patting him and rubbing little circles over his back to calm him down. Snape had originally intended to finish the spanking and then send the brat to the corner where he should think about his abysmal behavior, but he couldn’t. The boy was in so much distress that he found himself compelled to comfort him.

Harry, after finally calming down, suddenly discovered that he was still lying over his teacher’s lap with a bare bottom. He blushed crimson and struggled to get up. Snape helped Harry up and watched as the boy immediately pulled up his briefs and trousers. Snape winced, that was a wrong move. Harry hissed and fresh tears filled his eyes and spilled on his cheeks. Snape sighed, well at least the boy knew not to do that again.

Harry finally looked up at Snape waiting for more scolding or a lecture or something. Yes he was shocked at what happened, but he knew that Snape would still continue to insult him.

Snape came near Harry and gently raised his chin and wiped the boy’s tears with his thumbs saying softly, “I hope Mr. Potter, that we wouldn’t have to go through this ordeal again soon because I assure you I will never hesitate to do it again if you-”

Snape was startled. He never thought that his small statement warranted this reaction. Harry had started weeping again in earnest. Snape didn’t know what to do, “Potter, I didn’t say I was going to spank you again, I meant that-” But the boy wasn’t listening.

Snape didn’t know that this was the first time in Harry’s life that anyone had ever wiped his tears for him. After a moment Snape said impatiently, “Oh for pity’s sake Potter, come here.” And he pulled Harry close to his chest and wrapped his arms around him patting his back gently as if he was trying to lull a baby to sleep.

At the beginning, this seemed to have a negative effect as Harry’s sobs got louder but then the boy calmed down and soon Snape felt Harry’s arms around his waist as the boy rested his head on his teacher’s chest holding tightly on him.

Snape raised an eyebrow, now really since when did the students start to treat him as if he was teddy bear?

Chapter End Notes:
So, did you like it? PLEASE review!