Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary: Snape had loved Lilly. And now Lilly was gone - but not totally. A little tyke with large emerald eyes was still there. All what Snape had to do was steal him.

Warning: The Story contains corporal punishment.

AN.: YEPS!!! A new chappie for your enjoyment!!!

Disclaimer: Yeah, not me! Honest!!! (At least I wouldn't kill the guy ….:P)
Chapter 2

Severus opened one eye and groaned. Please, tyke, please, tell me you're not already awake when the sun isn't even up yet.  Severus closed his eye again and tried to go back to sleep.

Giggling.

Snape wanted to pull the pillow over his head.

Giggling again.

Snape sighed. That was it. He threw off his covers and swooped down on the child who was crouching beside his bed, still giggling. Harry squealed and tried to crawl away from Daddy's arms. Severus held him firmly then flipped him upside down, holding him tightly by the ankles. The child squirmed to get free and his small sharp teeth contacted with Severus' shin.

"Ahhhh" Severus threw the boy on his bed, well laid him gently really, and scowled. "So, So!! You bit me!"

Harry blinked then grinned cheekily, "Yesss."

Severus paced a little, "Hmmm. Let me see. A little tyke, wakes Daddy up at …" Snape looked at the clock and his eyes widened, "4:45!!!" in the morning and then bites him. Well then, this little tyke has to be punished, don’t you think, hm?"

Harry giggled and nodded, "uh huh."

"Good, so we have an understanding!" Snape took his wand from under the pillow and looked at Harry. "I am going to punish you now, severely."

Harry giggled again, "Uh huh!"

Snape smirked evilly as he conjured a feather. One charm later and the feather attacked the little boy's body. It even dived under his clothes to tickle in earnest. Harry wiggled and squeaked and squirmed, screaming with laughter. In a couple of minutes, the boy was reduced to a laughing puddle and the feather got bored finally stopping the tickle torture.

Severus was laughing, his heart felt warm and pleased. The child's laughter was soothing, comforting, after all he had gone through, after all the child had gone through. Severus then scooped the boy in his arms feeling the small arms wrapping around his neck trying to squeeze the air out of him in a fierce hug.

Snape slowly lied in bed and wrapped the covers around them both, cherishing the feel of the child in his arms. He laid his cheek on the boy's head and rubbed his back. Soon the boy was fast asleep and Severus finally closed his eyes to get some more needed sleep.

Severus opened his eyes a few hours later to the feel of the Harry's arms around him. He gently stroked the boy's hair and held his chin up. Harry rubbed his eyes with his fists and grinned, "morning, Daddy."

Snape smiled, "Good morning, tyke. Slept well?"

Harry nodded and buried his head in Daddy's chest "Want to go potty."

Snape snorted, "Of course. Go then."

Harry pulled back and gave Snape a very Snape-ish glare. Such a glare on an innocent child's face looked so funny. Snape laughed, "alright alright." Slowly, Snape left the bed with the child still wrapped around him like a crab, and walked to the bathroom.

After Harry took care of his business, and washed his hands carefully, he put his arms up in a silent order to be carried again. Snape rolled his eyes, "Aren't you a little old for this?" Severus said, even as he settled the boy on his hip.

Harry shook his head determinedly, "No."

Snape held him close. It was always like this in the mornings. Poppy said he needed the reassurance, the knowledge that Snape would never leave him, that he would always have a place in Snape's heart.

Severus rubbed circles on the child's back. "Want to get down and brush your teeth?

The little boy sighed dramatically, but nodded. Snape smiled and put him down, and Harry trotted to the sink. After brushing his teeth, and getting a little help in washing his face, he held his arms up again.

"Oh no you don't, you've got enough spoiling for today, tyke. Why don’t you go downstairs and prepare breakfast, hm?"

Harry beamed. He was a big boy now and he always prepared breakfast, all by himself. He ran downstairs leaving Snape to wash his own face and teeth and … er go potty himself.

Severus slowly went down to the kitchen, to find the butter and cheese on the table, and Harry holding the bread very carefully and putting it beside them. "such a grown up boy!" Snape commented seriously.

Harry nodded, just as seriously, "Uh huh."

Severus smirked and took his wand out, charming the drawers open and removing the child barrier from around the stove. Snape set to 'help Harry make breakfast', and soon they were filling their stomachs.

While Harry was acquiring a milk moustache, Severus was contemplating the visit they would receive later that day. He sighed. Dumbledore had finally put up enough courage and floo called last night asking to come see them. Severus glared, growled, scowled, and threatened, but Dumbledore vowed that he only wanted to visit and see how they were coping.

"Harry, do you remember when I told you about Hogwarts?"

Harry blinked, "my school?"

Snape smiled, "The school you will be attending when you're eleven, yes."

Harry nodded, "Where auntie nevva and auntie poppy wok?

"Yes that school", Snape rolled his eyes. Never in his life had he imagined hearing McGonagall referred to as 'nevva'. "Well, Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of the school, is coming today to visit."

Harry squirmed with excitement, "the ol' coot comin? Yayyy.."

Severus choked, "What? What did you say? Where did you hear that?"

Harry blinked innocently at his Daddy, "auntie nevva calls him ol' coot when she talks with auntie poppy."

"Ah yes. Ahem, I … uh prefer if you just call him uncle Albus. Alright?"

"Okay."

"Good." Honestly, they called him old coot in front of an impressionable child. What were they thinking? Not that he didn't agree, mind you, but still. Severus huffed. 

……………………………….

A few hours later, Snape was trying – and failing – to read Potions Masters Weekly. Too much giggling did that to you. He sighed and put the periodical aside. Harry stopped chasing the fairies that Severus had earlier conjured for the boy, and looked at Daddy curiously, "finished wok, Daddy?"

Snape rolled his eyes, as if he could ever do any work with the tyke around, "Yes."

Harry clapped his little hands then tugged on Severus' sleeve, "come, Daddy, pay wit me."

Snape raised an eyebrow, "I am not chasing fairies, tyke.

"Why?"

"Because I am a grown-up. Grown-ups don't chase fairies."

Harry blinked his extra large emerald eyes, "peaaassse?"

"No. And that's the end of it."

Harry pouted.

……………..

15 minutes later, Dumbledore apparated in the living room to find Harry standing on a table jumping up and down trying to catch an elusive fairy. Albus looked around and found Severus under the same table trying to catch another elusive fairy.

Albus watched for a few moments, his heart warming at the sound of laughter coming from both boys. He cleared his throat making both Harry and Severus freeze. Harry was blinking curiously at Dumbledore while Severus closed his eyes, wishing the ground to open and swallow him alive. That was not how he had imagined meeting Dumbledore after all that time, crawling under a table like an idiot, chasing fairies. He was going to kill the little tyke later, very very painfully.

Resignedly, he opened his eyes, still lying down on the floor, and glared at Dumbledore, "you could have knocked!"

Dumbledore seemed to barely hold his laughter, his eyes twinkling madly, "And miss such a scene Severus, come on, you know better." Albus stretched his hand to Severus.

Snape scowled and crossed his arms, "I am comfortable here, thank you very much."

Albus laughed, "Suit yourself then." He then turned to Harry who was silently watching him from his place over the table, "Harry, you've grown up so much, you're almost as tall as I am now."

Harry looked at Dumbledore, then looked down at his feet, then back to Dumbledore, "No, Im standin on table." He explained.

Severus snorted and Albus laughed, "Ah yes, my mistake, I am Albus by the way."

Harry beamed, "the ol' coot. Hi, im Hawwy."

Snape groaned and Dumbledore blinked, "oh, I see you heard about me already."

Harry nodded, "Uh huh, Daddy luves yu and auntie nevva and aunti poppy say you’re three yeas old like me, but in a big gwown-up body."

Severus opened his eyes wide. He would never ever allow those two baby-sit Harry again. Then looking at a speechless Albus … or maybe he would!!!.

Snape smirked. Serves you right old coot! Severus finally crawled up from under the table, stood tall and patted some imaginary dust from his chest. He then crossed his arms looking defiantly at Dumbledore. Seeing him still speechless, he made a mental note to buy Harry a big ice cream later.

Snape cleared his throat, "welcome to my home, Albus."

"Huh? Oh, thank you Severus."

"Have a seat, Headmaster, would you like some tea?"

Dumbledore's twinkle returned full force, "I believe a glass of milk is more appropriate for a three years old grown-up Severus, you know that don't you?"

Severus smirked, "Of course." Severus picked Harry up and set him down on his feet in front of the headmaster. "Harry, this is Uncle Albus, what do you say?"

"Nice to meet yu, Uncle Ablus." Harry recited.

"Albus, Harry."

Harry looked up at Daddy. "I know, that what I said, uncle ablus."

Dumbledore laughed, "good enough. Come here little one."

Harry approached Dumbledore cautiously, then looked back at Severus, who nodded encouragingly. Harry stood beside Dumbledore and tugged on his long beard … painfully. Albus winced, "Hey little one, it doesn't come off."

Harry giggled then ran to Severus and tugged on his sleeve. Severus crouched down to listen to Harry whisper … aloud "He knows he looks like Santa?"

Snape smirked, "I am sure he does, tyke. Why don't you tell him that and play with him a little until I make some tea, hm?"

Harry nodded, grabbed his puzzle book, and crawled up beside Dumbledore, thrusting the book under his nose, making the headmaster squint. "Pway," he ordered, then seeing his Daddy's glare, he quickly added, "Pease?"

…………………

An hour later, little Harry was taking a nap with his head in Daddy's lap while said Severus was talking quietly to the headmaster.

"No Albus, I will not return to Hogwarts."

"Severus, please, see reason. Hogwarts is the safest place in the wizarding world."

"No. Harry is already taking all of my time. I cannot possibly leave him for hours on end everyday to teach and grade papers."

"The staff will help watch him, and he could attend classes with you."

"Attend … Albus, are you sure that spending some time as a parrot hadn't addled your brains? How could a three years old attend potions classes, do you have any idea how dangerous that could be?"

Albus' lips thinned at the reminder, "I know how dangerous it could be, Severus, but you could always child proof your class. And no, spending two days, five hours and 23 minutes as a parrot hadn't addled my brains, thank you!"

Severus bit the inside of his cheek. He should remember to buy Minerva a bottle of fine wine for leaving Dumbledore in his little … predicament all that time.

Dumbledore added irritatingly, "And kindly remove that smirk of your face, Severus Snape!"

Snape forced himself to swallow his amusement. Yes, the Headmaster did deserve it, but there was no need to rub his face into it too, right? ……..

Right? …..

"But really, Headmaster, your feathers were purple, violet, and yellow … just how you like your robes." Severus just couldn't help it, "And I think Fawkes appreciated the company".

Albus suddenly stood up, his eyes narrowed, and his arms crossed. It was all Severus could do not to shudder. It reminded him so much of that time when Minerva had caught him brewing that potion in his fifth year and silently dragged him to the Headmaster's office.

Albus voice brooked no argument, "Mister Snape, consider my offer seriously. And I'd better find you and Harry on the doorstep of my office in a week's time with a new application form filled and signed. Your rooms are already prepared and childproofed."

Severus raised an eyebrow, "You-"

Dumbledore's lips thinned as he cut Severus' off, "I will not jeopardize your and Harry's safety just because you are too proud me for help after what you've done. Don't think that I don't know what you're up to Severus Snape, with all the heirlooms you sell in return for stronger warding. Yes, I know about that …"

Severus felt his face heating up. He was absolutely sure he was being careful. It was Harry's life at stake after all. He was even buying the warding spells from all over the world, Africa, India, China, Brazil, and other places to elude tracking… and Dumbledore knew?

Albus looked down at Severus, his expression softening. "It was me, Severus. I sold you all those spells, child. I have all your mother's treasured heirlooms. I would never have let you loose the only threads you are holding from your past."

Severus choked. Albus had sold him the spells. Albus had his mother's heirlooms. Severus hadn't lost them forever. He had made that decision willingly, he was buying Harry's life with his mother's memory … and it hurt. But he was ready to do it all over again for Harry's sake. Severus looked up, the precious little head still in his lap, his fingers carding through its soft hair, "Albus … I can't tell you how much-"

"Oh, don't be silly, child." Dumbledore twinkled, "After all, I wouldn't hold that attack against you for a long time …. Or would I?"

Severus cursed under his breath … Dumbledore sometimes seemed too Slytherin for his own good. The message was clear, Dumbledore would ALWAYS hold it against him and he would never let him forget that he had attacked him and let him live as a parrot for two days, five hours, and 23 minutes …. Maybe Minerva didn't deserve that bottle of wine after all !