Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

The Meddling Potions Master

Harry flew higher above the clouds, he didn’t use magic this time, he had waited until Vernon had fallen into a drunken slumber and picked the lock on the cupboard where they stashed his stuff and he took off in the dead of night.

His body screamed in protest his vision was gray and fuzzy he had no clue where he was headed all he knew was he had to get away. He blinked feeling his body get heavier his eyes closed and he felt his body slide off his broom slowly. It was surreal he knew he should be frightened and try to open his eyes but he couldn’t he was just so tired. Arms caught the boy just he slipped off his broom

"Blasted boy, you are going to be the death of me someday, I really do not know why i keep protecting you" said in a silky voice as the man land his broom on the ground. Harry forced his eyes open and he stared up in shock.

"Professor Snape?" he asked in shock. Severus Snape looked down at the boy " Yes Potter , you are lucky I got here at the right time or you would have killed yourself from that fall, what were you running from Potter?" Snape asked the boy before he passes out again. "Doesn't matter..." Harry muttered then hissed in pain fighting to stay conscious.

Severus glared at the boy " Of course it matters Potter, I want to know why you suddenly need to make a mad dash from your relatives , unless they are cause of all this madness" he snapped Harry shrunk away at the thought of his relatives but before he answered him his eyes rolled backward he passed out his body going limp.

"Potter! Potter! Blasted boy! I guess i will have to wait for my answers . I will have to take him to my Manor, there he will probably recover better than he ever did with poppy" Severus said then disaparated from Surrey.

A large room in green and black with a balcony on one side and a large window seat/loungebed one the side of the room an outdoor look to the room like its directly in the middle of a forest Harry opened his eyes slowly hissing in pain he sat up slowly and froze looking around the room. Where in Merlin's name was he? He didn’t know anyone with furniture of this style or expense, he slid out from the blankets hissing as he jarred his leg. Broken he guessed.

"Get back in bed Potter , You are in no condition be on your feet yet" a voice came from the other side of the Forest looking room Harry froze his eyes raising. His jaw dropped when he remembered what voice that person belonged to, stupidly he jumped to his feet.

"Sorry Professor..." Harry mumbled.

"Are you trying to undo all the work i have done! Sit down this instance Potter "Severus said as he walked fully in to the room.

Harry backed up a step and lost his balance crashing to the floor. Severus rushed over to the bed catching the boy before he cracked his head open on the stone floor.

"No more darring stunts Potter till your fully recovered" he snapped as he picked the boy up gently and layed him back under the emerald green comforter. Harry stared at him. "Who, how, where, how long?" He stammered stupidly at Snape.

"Potter! stop your rambling, You are at my Manor, Dumbledore sent me to Surrey, I managed to get there just as you fell off your broom, You will have to say in this bed for a couple of days until I am sure your leg will support you, and then I will let you get up with the aid of some muggle crutches" Severus said calmly Harry stared at Snape blankly.

"Dumbledore sent you? Is he here?" " No Potter Dumbledore is not here, the Headmaster does not even know that this place exists" Severus said. Harry paled. "Then why am I here?" he asked moving as if to spring from the bed and run to the nearest door.

"Do not move from the bed Potter! You are here because i suspect that your relatives are the blame for you injuries, and if I left you with Poppy, Dumbledore would have sent you right back after you were healed quickly, I did not want to be sent after you a second time because your retched relatives took their anger out on you the minute the headmaster left the house" Severus said Harry paled. "I don't know what you’re talking about. They didn’t do anything to me."

"You can believe whatever you choose Potter, Now stay in bed I have to go check how Draco is doing" Severus said as he walked towards the door. "Wait...what's wrong with Malfoy?" Harry demanded. if this year could get any worse, please don't tell me Malfoy and I will be spending the summer together he thought silently.

Severus turned around "He is in the condition as you Potter, His father beat him almost to death when he found that Draco refuses to become a death eater" he said turning back around and continuing on his way.

Harry's jaw dropped. Malfoy wasn’t going to be a death eater...he glanced around the room, to tempt fate and try to leave or to stay put. "Now be quite and rest Potter i will be back in short while to check on you again " Severus said then left the room heading a short distance down the long hallway and entered Draco's bedroom

Harry opened and closed his mouth...Snape’s house? Oh hell no! He thought and stood back up leaning on the bed, he slowly made his way towards the door, he'd sneak by and be out and on his way again. There was no way he would spend his summer with Snape and Malfoy he sooner be back at the Dursleys!


Severus entered Draco's Dragon bedroom and sighed as the wards around the Brats room went off , " he will not make it far in his condition so i will go look for him later , I set the wards not to let either Draco or Potter out of the Manor until they fully recovered " Severus thought as he walked over to Draco's bed. Severus sat down into the chair next to his godson's bed. Severus brushed some hair off his godson's face who opened his eyes slightly as Severus's hand touched his face.

"Good Evening Draco, how are you feeling? " he asked. Draco looked up at him sleepily.

"Like I got run over by the Knight Bus, So did you get to Surrey in time?" the boy asked. Severus sighed again " Yes I made it there in time , I brought Potter here , Because I thought that he didn’t deserve to be abused any longer by those retched muggle relatives of his" Severus said.

Draco looks at his godfather shocked "Potter was being abused! But you told me he was a pamper prince where ever he lived" Draco shouted then start to cough.

Severus rubbed Draco's back a little "You shouldn't shout Draco you will hurt your ribs more, if you shout like that" Severus said. Draco leaned against his godfather's arm" Sorry it is just so surprising that Dumbledore's Golden Boy has had a life like mine Sev" he said then closed his eyes and leaned fully against his godfather.

Severus lowered Draco back on to the bed fully " Yes that fact is most surprising to me as well, Now get some rest I will bring you something eat later after I find Potter and redeposit him back into his room" Severus said standing up. "Have a nice rest Draco, I will see you later " Severus once more then left the room

Harry had already made it down the stairs, but curse his fogged brain he got distracted by a potions book that lay open on the table in what he assumed was the kitchen, he stood balancing awkwardly as he read it, having flipped back to the beginning. He'd be damned if he ever admitted out loud that he actually enjoyed potions, that would be blasphemy as far as Ron was concerned and everyone knew Harry potter and Severus Snape loathed each other, he hummed and quickly memorized the ingredients and directions to make pepper up potion, he'd be needing that all year long.

Severus searched all the upstairs rooms first then decided to go down to the main floor to look for the Brat. As he passed the kitchen he caught a glimpse of the boy leaning on one of the counters in the room Reading the potions manual that he had left there when he had to rush off to 'rescue' the boys from their abusive relatives " when did you gain this sudden interest in potions Potter" he said as he walked though the kitchen doors.

‘Oh shit’ Harry said and quickly stumbled away. "I didn't." he said quickly his eyes darting catching in every exit, and chance of escape. Severus walked over to the boy steadying him so he wouldn't fall over again. "Obliviously you have Potter, or you would not have been reading my potions manual so intently that you did not hear me entering the room” he said.

Harry glared at him, "Get your hands off of me! I'm just getting out of your hair, I'd think you'd be happy. Besides my relatives didn’t do anything to me at all!" Harry snapped. "So I can to go back to them." he said though his shook.

“No Potter, you are not going back to them” Severus said

“I have to go back to them” Harry snapped back at him.

Severus sighed and picked Harry up into his arms and brought the boy back up into his room and laid him under the covers on the bed. “Now there will be no more escaping tonight understand” he said.

Severus flinched as the boy starting rambling in parseltounge at him. he shook his head a bit, then lifted the boys head and dumped the potion into the boy's mouth as opened it to shout in that blasted snake language again , he put one hand over Potter's mouth to make sure he did spit it out and waste a good potion. Severus ran a finger down the boy's thoat forcing him to swallow the potion down. "Now stop that racket , and rest I will bring you up some dinner in a moment " Severus said standing up fully again. Harry choked but remained silent glaring at Snape then a panicked look came across his face. "My wand! Where's my wand!"

Severus sighed " Potter there is no need to panic, you wand is right next to you on the bedside table" he said. Harry's eyes darted to his wand, ideas streaming through his brain, hexing Snape conjuring his broom and flying to some unknown cave, maybe ask Sirius where he was and if he could hide out with him.

Severus saw the look on the boy's face an almost growled out loud " Potter get all of those troublemaking thoughts out of your head , there will no underage magic in this Manor unless I am there to supervise it , understand" he said sternly Harry raised an eyebrow challenging Snape with his eyes.

"Do you understand Potter" Severus repeated. Harry narrowed his eyes moving slightly towards his wand Harry blinked his eyes going more hooded and for a brief second his body seemed to blur before Snape’s eyes.

Severus blinked then shook his head. He could have sworn that Potter's body blinked for a second like there was a spell on it or Severus eyes widened A Glamour! The blasted boy is trying to hide something so he is wearing a Bloody Glamour he thought. "What are you trying to hide from me Potter?" he said to the boy Harry blinked his hand freezing in midair over his wand. "Sir?.

"I saw your little glamour spell Potter, I want to know what you are trying to hide from me, though I am surprise it took me this long to notice it " he mutter the last part to himself. Harry shook his head. "I don't know what you’re talking about. I don't have glamour on."

"Fine will do this the hard way potter" he said then pulled out his wand pointing it at the boy "Finite Incantantem" Severus whispered. Severus was shocked of what was under the glamour. From the bottom of Harry's jaw down his neck and presumable his chest was a long cut that was at least a week old.

Other scars decorated Harry’s arms and cuts and more bruises covered his entire body. His eyes were sunken as if he hadn’t slept in weeks. Severus cursed under his breath then knelt down next to the boy in the bed. "Pott- harry why did you not inform anyone of what was going on at your relative “he said as gently as he could.

Harry gave Snape a weary look. "Then they would've taken me away, and put me somewhere else. After what happened with Ce...in the past I won't risk anyone else’s life." He said.

Severus stood up then sat on the end of the bed next to the boy. Severus put one arm around the boy "Anywhere would have been the better than staying there and getting abused harry, also you are not responsible for that boy's death it was the Dark Lord's fault not yours harry" he said gently

"Yes sir." Harry said his eyes on his wand. Snape was close enough and was unsuspecting. Severus followed with eyes to where the boy was looking "Potter, I will remove that wand from this room , If you do not stop thinking of ways to use it on me or anyone else in this manor" he said sternly

"But..." Harry said his head dropping and Snape could tell that the boy's body was beginning to feel like lead.

"Potter go to sleep, I will check on you later" he said. Harry muttered several swears in parseltounge before he finally slipped under. Severus shook his head at the boy as he finally slipped into sleep. He would never get used to the fact that the boy was a Parselmouth.

Severus made sure Potter was actually sleeping then went down into the kitchen to start making dinner before either of the boys needed him again. An hour later Severus was done with dinner and he made up a tray for both Draco and Potter, before levitating both trays and heading up to the boys room to wake them.

Severus pushed Draco's door open with his foot, then walked in setting the trays on Draco's desk. Severus put a warming charm on Potter tray, then walked over to Draco and gentle shook him till he stirred. "Draco wake up it is time to eat dinner" he said gently. Draco opened his eyes slowly blinking up at his godfather. "You find Potter Sev " Draco said in a sleepy voice. Severus smirked " Yes I found the brat , now let’s sit you up so you can eat " Severus said as he stacked pillows behind Draco’s head then help Draco sit up right against the mound of pillows

"Do you need a pain potion before you eat Draco?" Severus asked. Draco looked at his godfather "No I am fine for right now" he said. Severus nodded then went over to the desk picking up Draco's tray, then set it over Draco's lap

on the bed. "Eat as much of the soup as you can Draco , I do not want you to make yourself sick Okay" he said Draco nodded picking up the spoon up off the tray and starting eat. " I will be in potter's room, to make you he actually eats his food , call out if you need me " Draco looked up from the tray " Okay Severus , have fun dealing with Potter" Draco said with a small grin. Severus shook his head then went over to the desk grabbing Potter's tray then left Draco's room going down the hallway into Potter's Forest Room.

Severus set the tray on the desk , then walked over to the bed and shook Potter couple times hoping the boy was a light sleeper as he did not want to spend all night trying to wake the boy up just to get some food into Harry snapped awake his arm flinging out smacking Snape square in the nose.

Severus stepped back from the bed "Potter!" he shouted Harry's eyes were wide with panic, after a minute the look was replaced with anger and resent. "That was quite uncalled for Potter” Harry blinked. "Sir?" he asked confused. Severus just shook his head "I will remember not to be swinging distance if I ever try to wake you up again Potter" he said. Harry gave him a bland look as he shifted away from Snape as much as he could.

"Sit up potter, so I may give you your dinner" he said. Harry sat up slowly eyeing Snape with cautious eyes. Severus picked up the tray off the desk and set it over Potter's lap " Now Potter I want you to eat most of this broth, Do not worry about finishing it as you will only make yourself sick " he said

"What am I, a three year old?" Harry muttered darkly. Severus smirked at the boy "Do you wish to be treated like one Potter" he said "No sir." Harry said glaring at him bad temperedly though he could barely see Snape through the haze of pain. Severus noticed the look of pain in the boy's eyes as he tried to glare at his "Do need a pain potion before you eat Potter?" he asked.

"No." Harry snapped, Snape needed to go away so Harry could figure out just how the hell he was going to leave.

"Well start eating then , if the pain gets too much tell me and i will the potion for you" he said sitting down in the chair he had put next to the bed after potter had fallen to sleep.

Harry gave him a look. "You’re just going to sit there?"

"Of course, did you think I would leave you alone just so you could try to escape again" Severus said smirking.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "You know you don’t really have a right to keep me here." he said as he began to eat

"So you want to be returned to the Dursleys then? Because that is where Dumbledore would send you after you had recovered" he said.

Harry's hand shook as he ate but his face remained emotionless. "Alright fine by me."

Severus stared at the boys taking in his emotionless mask, the only thing that gave the boy's true feelings away was the way his hand shook as he ate. " You cannot lie to a Master Occlumens Potter they can always tell when someone is lying" he said.

"I'm not lying." Harry snapped.

“then why is your hand shaking Potter" Severus questioned.

Harry glanced at it. "Because I am pissed off at you? You poured a potion down my throat, who wouldn’t be angry at you for that"

"Yes that could be the case Potter, only your hand did not start shaking until i mentioned the Dursleys" Severus stated.

Harry rolled his eyes, "I'm not lying" he said though he suppressed a shudder at the name

"I said I do not believe you Potter, but we will discuss that at a later time , now eat a little more of your soup then I will take away. Afterwards I will have to go check on Draco so you will have to stay put there in bed" he said

"Of course sir" Harry said eating a little more before he set the spoon aside

Severus watched the boy for a moment then reached down and picked up the tray from Potter's lap. "Now lay down and rest Potter , there will be no trying to escape the Manor, this place is warded not to let you or Draco out of the Manor until you have fully recovered.

Harry stared at him blankly. So? I've broken wards before. He thought at Snape but was careful not to let any sign of what he was thinking slip through, he had no desire to "try" Snape's patience, he intended to begin working on these "wards" as soon as Snape left him alone.

"Draco you should have informed me that you were in pain" Severus said handing Draco a pain potion from his robe pocket. Draco winced as he reached for the potions vial. " But it is so much more entertaining to watch you pace then to have you fussing over me all the time " Draco said then tipped the potion into his grimace at the taste " must you make these things taste so horrid all the time " he said then sighed as the pain in his chest started to fade away.

Severus took the tray off Draco's lap and set over on the desk next to potter's tray. He helped Draco lay back onto the pillow, then pulled the covers over the boy fully. "Draco go to sleep, while I go deal with Potter " he said. Draco nodded and closed his eyes, Severus used a scanning spell to see what had caused Draco pain.

The boy had jostled his broken ribs from laughing too much. Severus checked Draco one more time before he left the room to deal with his ' Little Curse Breaker' in the other room.

At last Harry was at the end of the ward, all that was left was a tight knot of magic that would cause one hell of a wallop if he left without undoing it. He vaguely thought of what Snape had said about Draco and hoped the young Slytherin wasn't hurt too badly. He really didn’t hate him, and it was rather fun trying to dodge hexes and throw them as well.

Severus reached Potter's as he felt potter reached the final part of the wards on the balcony. Opening the door quietly he kept over to the boy, make sure that he was not heard. Severus reached the boy, walking straight up behind him " Having fun Potter? , I really need to speak with Weasley boy and tell him not to teach you anymore foolish things" he said calmly.

Harry's back tensed and he fumbled, managing to only just finish the wards, He spun. "But he hasn't taught me anything yet!" he protested,

Then he realized that Snape was there, he gripped his wand ready to call in his broom and get the heck out of there. "Accio..."

Severus grabbed the boy before he could finish what he was saying. Severus turned the boy around and held him against him with one arm, careful of the boy's broken ribs " I told you no more trying to escape Potter" he said.

Harry twisted in his grips. "Listen go deal with Malfoy, be glad I'm going to get out of your hair, isn't that what you always wanted?" he asked as he turned and tried to get free, all he had was two words, two words and he would be out of there!

"Potter stop! You are going to re-open your injuries. I would have not brought here Potter, if I did not intend for you to stay at this Manor. I could have left you with Dumbledore and let poppy have you, But I thought that I would spare myself the trouble of going to rescue you twice" Severus said.

Harry squirmed. "I don't need rescuing!" He snapped, he could elbow Snape hard, and raised his elbow to do just that.

Severus grunted as the boy slammed his elbow into his chest. Severus kept a firm but gentle grim on the boy "That is not the way to get me to let you go Potter" he said.

"Oh then what is?" Harry snarled, he was already seeing double from the pain.

"Try calming down first Potter, then I might let you go" Severus said.

Harry snarled. "You'll let me leave?" he asked narrowing his eyes and stopped squirming.

"Potter I thought we already discussed this, you are not to leave this estate until I have to return to Hogwarts in a weeks’ time" he said. Severus turned the boy around holding the boy in front of him " Now that you have calmed down some I would like to ask you a question Potter" he said.

"Fine whatever" Harry said bad temperedly.

Severus smirked at the boy "What would you like for you Birthday tomorrow Potter?" he said waiting for the boy's reaction.

Harry's jaw dropped. "Excuse me?" He nearly shouted and jerked away from Snape his wand out aiming it at his professor. This wasn't Snape...Snape would never ask a question like that.

Severus smirked again at the boy "Potter I asked you a simple question was it too hard for you to comprehend" he said

"I don't want anything from you expect for you to let me leave." Harry said slowly his wand still raised.

"Well potter that is one wish I cannot grant you" Severus said

"I don't see why not." Harry said softly, his wand hand shook slightly and he tried not to shiver, it was rather cold out on the balcony after all.

"Potter I cannot let you go back to that abusive home" Severus said

"It isn't normally that bad."Harry countered shivering outright.

Severus pulled off his outer robe and wrapped it around the boy then scooped him into his arms " Harry " he said looking down at the boy " It should never have gotten 'bad' in the first place " Severus said then walked into the bed room again sitting on the bed with the boy in his arms.

Harry jerked and moved to get out of Snape's arms. He had never seen Snape like this, though he heard rumors of how the Potion's master treated his abused Slytherins’ but Harry was a Gryffindor and the son of James Potter he should just let him leave.

Severus sighed then looked down at Harry. "I am sorry if I am scaring you Harry, but I am very protective of abused children" he said

"I'm not abused so cut it out." Harry growled.

"Yes you are an abused child Harry. Being degraded and belittled in your own home is called being verbally abused and how I found you earlier is physical abused. So you are in fact a abused child wither you want to believe it" he said

"But..." I'm a Gryffindor Harry added silently looking away and pushing at Snape. "Lemme go."

Severus snorted "Harry it does not matter if you’re not one of my Slytherins, or the man I loathe son, I never would let a child in your situation to continue to be abused" he said

Harry rolled his eyes. "First let go of me. Second Dumbledore isn't going to allow you to force me to stay anywhere." he said defiantly.

Severus smirked "Dumbledore does not know you are here Harry. I was only sent to check on you, not to take you from your relatives" he said

"Then isn't that going to cause trouble?" Harry countered elbowing Snape. "I said. Let. Me. Go!"

"Elbowing me is not going to get you anywhere, Dumbledore will be somewhat irate with me for taking you from your relatives, but he will not be informed of that until both you boys are safely recovering in my quarters at Hogwarts where he can not bother either of you or send Poppy after you" Severus said then stood up holding harry with one arm he pulled the comforter back then laid the boy down into the bed once again pulling the comforter back over the boy’s body.

"Now harry you should go to sleep as it is quite late at night or do have some birthday tradition you do on the eve of you birth" Severus asked

"No..." harry said hurriedly, if he pretended to sleep Snape would leave him be, and he could wait as he always did then make a break for it

"If you do not wish to inform me that is fine, though you should get some sleep you’re going to have a busy day tomorrow" he said then spelled the balcony door shut and locked. Severus pulled out a potions vial "Here take this " he said handing the boy the vial.

Harry glanced at it and then shook his head, "no thanks."

"It is just a Pain potion so that your injuries do not keep awake while you should be sleeping" Severus said

"I'm not in pain Professor." Harry replied in a calm voice.

I know you’re in pain Harry, I can see in your eyes and the way you keep wincing with every breath you take " Severus said holding the vial in front of the boy.

Harry shook his head. "I'll be fine without it sir. It isn't that bad, honest."

"Must you be as stubborn as your mother was Harry" Severus said sighing.

"What has my mother got to do with anything" Harry snarled angrily.

"You have inherited your mother's stubbornness for admitting that you are in pain or sick or that something is bothering you” Severus said

"And how would you know that?" Harry sneered at him.

"I grew up with your mother Harry, I lived a few blocks away from Privet Drive" Severus said calmly

Harry blinked quickly concealing his shock. "I don't see how that has anything to do with me. I'm just saying I don't need a pain relieving potion."

"The point to what I am saying Harry is that your Mother use to refuse a pain potion when we both knew she was in a lot of pain. That is why I said you had your mother's stubbornness. Now will you please take the potion I will leave you alone for the rest of the night" Severus said.

Harry sighed and took the potion out of Snape's hand and downed it, settling back he closed his eyes.

Severus stood there for a moment watching the boy. Severus stroked the boy's throat with his thumb until he felt him swallow. Smirking he took out his wand whispered a confinement spell around the bed to keep the boy from escaping during the night. Once he was done he grabbed the empty vial and left the room.

Harry opened his eyes and sat up gagging. Snape did not just do what he thought he did. "How the bloody hell did he know!" He snarled throwing the blankets back to stand up only to find himself not able to leave the bed. Narrowing his eyes he could see the spell.

Severus smirked out the hallway when he heard the boy shout. He had dealing with children long enough to when they are deceive him. Severus left Harry's doorway to check on Draco, then he would retire to bed himself.

Harry grumbled as he worked at the spell only to find himself getting weaker giving up for the moment, his eyes closed and he fell asleep.