Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi! I'm happy some of you like this story so far. I hope you continue to enjoy this story as well as my other ones. And I also hope to get reviews. Please! :)
Also one more thing, I ment to say it at the begining of the story. GoodMalfoy's, and GoodBlaiseZabini
On with the story!
Friends, Powers, and Attacks

"This is Blaise Zabini." Draco said as they all headed toward their next class.

"Hi." Sel was quiet again.

"Hi." Blaise held out his hand and shook Sel's. "So, how do you guys like Hogwarts so far?"

Draco laughed. "Blaise, we have only been here one day, not even one day."

Sel laughed when Blaise rolled his eyes. "So? You can still answer the question. Do you guys like Hogwarts so far?"

"Yes." Selene said ina strong voice.

"Me too." Draco pulled out his schedule. "Looks like we all have charms next."

"Cool." Blaise said.

Sel felt nervouse all over again. 'I'm such a coward! I'm supposed to be brave, I'm suppposed to be a Gryffindor!'

"Draco!" a cold female voice said from behind.

A Slytherin first year girl who looked an awfully alot like Draco came strutting up to them. They could have been twins, But where Draco's eyes where silvery grey. This girl's were cold light blue. Her hair was blond like Draco's too, but there seemed to be a bit more blondness to it. Draco's looked more white.

"Mimi." Draco looked like he wanted to be sick.

The girl, Mimi, glared at Draco. "I know for a fact Uncle Lucius taught you better than that. For Merlin's sake Draco! She's a Gryffindor!" Mimi spat the word like it was foul. Her eyes grew even more cold when she glanced at Selene.

Draco glared. "Selene is my friend. Regardless being a Gryffindor."

Mimi's face went pink in her rage. "Have you no shame?! She is not only a half-blood, but she is also the daughter of a mudblood!"

Selene had had enough. Her wand was on Mimi before anyone blinked. "I don't know what a Mudblood is, but if you ever call my mother one again I will hex you!"

Mimi had her own wand out now. "How dare you threaten me! I am Mimi Malfoy, daughter of Uther Malfoy...!"

"I don't give a damn whether you the bloody Queen of England! If you ever call my mother that foul word again I will hex you. Do you understand me?"

Mimi looked like she was going to explode. Her eyes narrowed, "Is this your choice cousin? The traitor over your family? Over you true loyalties?"

Draco looked at Selene then to Blaise who nodded. "Yes."

Mimi glared fiercely, then strutted off to Charms.

"I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me." Draco sighed.

Selene smiled and said. "If she buggs you tell me and I'll handle it, I know a few tricks."

"Really?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah."

They had arrived to their next lesson.

"Welcome to Charms children." Little Professor Flitwick said from his pile of books. "Please, everyone have a seat."

Draco, Blaise and Selene took a seat at the front of the class. All three ignoring the looks they were getting.

"For our first lesson I would like you all to read chapters one through two, so that tommorow we may start learning the Levitation charm. Off you go then."

"Thats it?" Blaise sounded disappointed.

Selene smirked and started doing her reading.

"Do you guys want to go to the Library after class?" Draco asked.

"Why?" asked Blaise.

"I-I just don't feel up to going to lunch. Don't you see everyone staring at us?"

Blaise looked around. "Yeah."

Selene felt bad for Draco, so she whispered. "How about we go outside for lunch?"

"How, they won't let us bring food outside?" Blaise pointed out.

Gulping Sel said quietly. "Leave it to me."

Both boys shrugged and nodded.

The rest of the class went by smoothly. When the bell rang the three friends headed toward the doors. "Come on. There's a tree by the Lake we can use." Selene said.

"Use for what?" Draco asked.

"Cover, I don't wnat anyone to see what I'm about to do."

Selene sat behind the tree so no one from the castle could see her.

Sitting beside her the boys waited to see what the Gryffindor was going to do.

Sel closed her eyes. 'I would like a small basket of fruit, and three ham sandwiches, please.'

'Pop!'

Suddenly before them was a small basket of friut and three sandwiches.

"Wow! Blaise whispered in awe.

"Wicked!" Draco grabbed one of the sandwiches and bit it. "Its good."

Sel smirked. 'They don't think I'm a freak!'

"Where did you learn to do that Selene?" Blaise asked.

Sel went still. Her face paled.

Draco instantly knew something was wrong. "Selene, are you alright?"

Sel blinked. "Y-yeah. I'm fine. I-um-I learned accidently. I was hungry, and well, It just happened." 'There, not completely a lie.' Sel thought to herself. They didn't need to know that she had learned to 'create' things, because her Uncle often beat and starved her.

Blaise nodded. "Yeah. A lot of Muggle raised kids have accidental magic happen to them. It's normal, you don't have to worry Selene." Thinking that was what was wrong.

Sel felt relieved. They didn't suspect a thing!

"Thanks Blaise. And do you mind calling me Sel? I perfer that."

Draco and Blaise nodded.

"Sure Sel." Draco took another bite of his sandwich. He couldn't help feeling, however, that Sel hadn't been completely honest.

"What else can you do Sel?" Blaise asked.

Sel blinked. "What makes you think I can do anything else?"

"You have a strong aura to you. Even Draco must see it. Right, Drake?"

Draco looked hard at Sel and nodded. "Yeah. I do see it."

Sel sighed. "Yes, I can do other stuff too."

"Like?" Draco and Blasie asked eagerly.

Sel raised an eyebrow. "You see me..." she blinked. "Now you don't."

Where Sel once sat was now empty space.

"No f-ing way!" Both boys sprang to there feet and were looking around.

"Sel?" Blaise asked.

Suddenly an apple started hovering in there air. Then nothing/something 'bit' the apple. "This is good." Sel's voice said.

"Wicked." Draco reached over to touch what he thought was Sel's arm. "How are you doing that?"

"I don't know." Sel appeared. "I've always been able to do it. I can make shields too." she turned to Blaise. "Throw something at me."

Picking up a pear, Blaise threw it hard.

Before it even reached her a stange purple, multi colored, transparent like shield surrounded her.

"A force field." Draco said.

Blaise whistled. "Can you do anything else?"

Sel blushed. She felt like she was hsowing off.

Sensing her feelings, Draco spoke. "Come on Sel, its not showing off. Besides, this is really cool."

"Well...I- I have this 'Sight'."

"Uh?" Blaise asked.

"I can see things. Like if someone was lieing to me I'd know it. I can also sense when danger is near."

"That a good talent." Blasie pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Well, you have one heck of a list her Selly," Draco laughed. "Anything to add?"

"Just one more thing, I-I can change my appearance."

Blaise and Draco nodded. "Yeah, I'd wondered if you'd be able to do that."

"What?"

"Your a Metemorphmagus. So was you dad's Mum. So I had wonderd if you would be one too." Draco said.

"Oh." She'd never known that.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the half-blood, and the traitors." Mimi Malfoy's voice rang clear.

Mimi and four other Slytherins stood blocking their way to the castle.

"What do you want Mimi?" Draco sneered.

Mimi raised an eyebrow. "Did you really think I'd just let you betray our family and dishonor our name? That I'd let that- Gyffindor half-blood insult me and get away with it? No!"

The four Slytherins behind her, three boys and one girl, laughed.

Noticing Sel's gaze on them Mimi smirked. "How rude of me. This is Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy."

Sel glared.

"Leave us alone Malfoy." Blaise said darkly.

"Or else what?" Mimi sneered. "You're out numbered. Five vs three. Hmm. I wonder who'd win?" An evil grinn was on Mimi's face.

"Sodd off, bitch!" Blaise snapped.

Mimi's gaze grew colder. "Nott."

Instantly the big boy, Nott, shot red sparks at Blaise.

Something inside Sel snapped.

A force field surrounded Draco and Blaise.

"Leave them alone." Sel's voice was cold.

No one had noticed the shield yet. "No." Mimi aimed her own wand at Draco and shot a spell at him.

Draco flinched as he heard his cousin mutter the stinging hex. But it never hit him.

Mimi blinked. Finally seeing the force field.

Sel took a step forward. "Leave us alone. Now!"

"Get her!" Mimi screeched.

All three boys leaped at her. Sel kicked, bit and punched. But was still no match for all three of them. Because she lost her concentration, the force field dropped. Draco and Blaise wasted no time; soon the trio were fighting muggle style with the three Slytherin boys.

"What is going on here?!" Professor McGonagall's voice demanded.

The eight students looked down at the ground. "All of you to Professor Dumbledore's office, now!"

Not wishing to anger the stern Professor furthure, they all rn to Dumbledore's office. All wondering the same thing. 'What was he going to do?'

***

Dumbledore eyed all eight students. Professors Snape and McGonagall also eyed their students.

Sighing, Dumbldore said. "Would any of you care to enlighten me as too what happened?"

Before anyone could speak, Mimi Malfoy said coldly. "Please sir, my friends and I were just walking around the pond when Potter, Zabini, and Draco attacked us. We didn't do anything wrong, sir."

"That's a lie sir!" Draco, Blaise, and Sel said in union.

"Then kindly tell me what the truth is? Selene?"

Sel was surprised that Professor Dumbledore had used her first name instead of her last. But she didn't waste any time getting into her own story. "Draco, Blaise and I didn't feel comfortable eating in the great hall, so we decided to go sit out by the lake. Mimi and her gang showed up and started using magic on Draco and Blaise. I don't know what spell she used,"

"A stinging hex sir." Draco cut in politely.

"Really? You don't seem hurt Mr. Malfoy."

Both boys looked at Sel.

"Sir? I-I can create and use force fields. The spells never reached them."

"You protected them?"

"Yes sir."

Dumbledore nodded. Sighing he looked at the Slytherins. "I am going to give you all detentions. You will each recieve an owl instructing you what your to do and who you are to report to. I will also be taking points from Ms. Malfoy, Messers Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Ms. Parkinson."

"What?!" Mimi snapped.

Dumbledore looked over his half moon specticles. "I beleive you heard me Ms. Malfoy. I find your story false. Why would three studdents attack five. It is hardly a fair fight. Also, I noticed that neither you nor Ms Parkinson have any injuries. Yet Messers. Malfoy and Zabini, and Ms Potter do. That is my final word. Now off you go. I wish to speak with you head of houses alone."

As the students filed out a thought came to Severus Snape. He had an idea on how he could get to know Selene Lily Potter.

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for any errors. Please review! Thanks alot,
Nightshade:)