Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

A New Friend for Sel

Two weeks later 

"Are you sure you're ok, Sel?" Draco asked for what had to be the tenth time. Blaise, whom had been silent through the entire conversation, looked up to hear his friend's answer.

"Draco, I'm fine. Zacharias only threatened," Sel began.

"And tried to hex you." Blaise snarled while glaring at the boy walking up ahead of them.

"Don't start anything Blaise." Sel said sternly.

"He's the one who started it." Draco nodded to Blaise's words and glared as well.

"All the same, don't go starting fights...or finishing any."

Draco smirked. "You know me too well, Sel."

Blaise not that easy to distract. "You'd think your house mates would at least help you out a little."

Sel sighed. "They're all afraid of him. From what I've heard about him; his family went to Durmstrang and taught him alot of Dark magic before he came here. Oliver Wood say's he came to Hogwarts because his family  was suspected of being involved with Voldemort. I guess they were trying to draw attention away from themselves."

"Fat lot of good it did them." Draco sneered. "My father say's Steel's father is just like his son. Can't stand it when someone else is better than him or things don't go his way."

"Look on the bright side, we have our first flying lesson now." Sel said trying to cheer her friends up.

"Yeah, this will be great. I can't believe it rained all last week though. That stunk." Draco agreed.

At that moment the trio were on the field.

Mimi Malfoy glared coldly at Sel and purposely stood next to her. "Potter."

"Malfoy."

Draco and Blaise glared at the boys Nott, Crabbe, and Goyle. Whom Sel and her friends had nicknamed 'they goons.'

"Lovely day for flying isn't it?" Mimi sneered.

"Yes." Sel ignored all the looks she was getting. After two weeks of being at Hogwarts Sel had gotten used to the fact that a Gryffindor being friends with a Slytherin, never mind two, was against an unwritten law. But she didn't care. Nor did Draco or Blaise.

"I almost feel sorry for you." Mimi said suddenly.

Sel resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "And why should you feel sorry for me?"

Mimi had an evil glint in her eyes. "Because you're going to look like a total loser compared to me." She raised her chin. "I've been flying since I was three years old. You don't stand a chance, Potter."

"Oh, please. And her I thought you were going to say something that was actually somewhat intelligent. I guess you really are as dumb as you look. Even for a blond."

Everyone within ear shot laughed. While Mimi went pink with rage. "Watch your step Potter." Mimi then strutted away.

"Good one Sel." Dean Thomas said grinning.

"Thanks, Dean." 

Madam Hooch blew her whistle. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Everyone step onto the left side of your broom, place your right hand over te broom. And say up."

"UP!" Instantly the broom leapt into Sel's hand.

"Nice, Sel." Blaise said from down the other line across from her. He and Draco had been able to acomplish the task just as easily as their friend had.

Neville, on the other hand, was not.

"You have to want it alot Neville. Think about it like this; you're telling the broom to come to you. You're in charge." Sel said softly so only Neville could hear, for she knew how shy the Gryffindor was.

Neville nodded. He took a deep breath and said in a surprisingly strong voice." UP!" The broom was then in his hand.

"You did it Neville!" Sel said proudly.

"I did! Thanks Selene!"

"No problem Neville."

Madam Hooch blew her whistle again. "Five house points to Gryffindor for helping a fellow classmate."

The Gryffindors smiled.

Mimi clenched her fists together in rage. Pansy merely glared and muttered, "bitch."

"Now, I want you to kick off from the ground hard. Lean forward slightly, then touch back down. On my whistle; Three, two,one."

Sel saw Pansy move her wand around for a second then quickly she slipped it inside her robes.

Suddenly Ron Weasely was lifted up into the air. "Bloody Hell!"

"Mr. Weasley, come back down this instant!"

"I can't!"

Sel and everyone else watched in horror as Ron flew up...up...and up!

"He's too high." Draco whispered.

"Duh!"Blaise said.

"Oh my god!" Hermione Granger shouted. "He fell off his broom!"

Ron was rapidly falling toward the earth.

Sel suddenly raised her hands and aimed them at the red haired boy. 'STOP!

Ron slamed to a stop. Hovering only a couple of feet off the ground.

Swallowing Sel thought, ' Now, come down nice and easy!'

Slowly Ron was lowered by an invisible force to the ground.

"Miss Potter!"

Sel spun around and starred at Madam Hooch.

"Well, done! Forty house points to Gryffindor for saving a student. Mr. Weasley, are you hurt at all?"

Shakily Ron got to his feet. "N-no, ma'am. I-I'm fine."

Madam Hooch eyed Ron for a moment then nodded. "That's all for today. We'll continue this lesson Monday. Class dismissed."

Draco and Blaise ran over to Sel.

"Why didn't you tell us you could do that?" Draco asked.

"Because I didn't know I could. One minute I was watching Ron fall, the next I was thinking...no. I was directing my magic at him. I don't know how to explain it."

Someone coughed from behind her.

Ron Weasley stood awkwardly before the unlikely trio. "Um, Sel...I- Thanks for saving me."

Sel smiled kindly. "No problem Ron. Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, it didn't even hurt. You really did save my hide today."

Blaise rolled his eyes. "Ok, seeing as we stillhave a half hour before potion class; how about we all go flying. Draco and I can show you how, Sel. No offense Ron, I just assumed you have flown before."

"Yeah, my brothers and I have fly all the time." Ron blushed slightly. "You don't mind me flyingwith you?"

"Nah, the more the merrier."

Draco nodded. "Lets go!"

As it turned out Sel was a natural flyer and it wasn't long before the four students  were playing tag, as well as just flying around.

Sel's last thoughts before landing her broom to head off to class with her friends was, 'I could just stay up here forever!'

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all liked this chapter. Please please please review!