Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Bonds Strengthened

"Your potions should be done by now. Lable your potions and bring them to my desk." Snape turned and started writing the homework assignment on the board.

Sel smiled to herself. She knew she had brewed a perfect potion. And as a plus; Professor Snape hadn't made too many cruel remarks today.

As Sel moved to place her potion onto the Professors desk; Mimi shoved her.

"Hey! Watch where you're going; Gryffindork!"

The other Slytherins chuckled. While Draco, Ron, Blaise, and Sel just glared.

"Thank you, Miss Malfoy." Snape eyed Mimi in a way that told everyone, even one of his serpents, that he was not in the mood. "Now continue toward your dinner." He then turned toward Sel." Miss Potter, five points from Gryffindor for disturbing my class. And detention."

Sel blinked. 'That is so not fair!'

"But, sir,"

"Another five points for arguing with a teacher. Now get out of my classroom. All of you!"

No one needed to be told twice. Sel and everyone else quickly ran out of the classroom.

"What's wrong with Snape?" Ron asked the Slytherins.

Blaise shrugged.

"Who knows? Maybe you can find out, Sel?"

"Me?" Sel turned and stared at her friends in shock. "Why me?"

"Well, you're going to be in detention with him...and he does like you. Don't you try and deny it." Draco added.

"I can't just..."

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Because I just can't. I mean...for all I know it's me he's mad at to begin with."

"Why would he be mad at you?" Blaise asked.

"Because Sel's gotten Malfoy in trouble twice now." Ron said suddenly.

The three looked at the red head with raised eyebrows. "How in Merlin's name did you come up with that load of crap?" Draco asked.

Ron blushed. "It does make sense; Mimi Malfoy's actions reflect her house and her head of house. How do you think trying to off another student, a Gryffindor none the less, makes him look?"

"Oh for the love of God, Ron!" Sel threw her hands up in the air. "It was Pansy who hexed you. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"It doesn't matter! But I'd bet anything that it was Mimi's idea."

"So what?" Blaise said. "That still doesn't explain your stupid theory."

"Why can't you guys see it?" Ron asked. "Dumbledore or at least McGonagall has obviously started something with Snape..."

"I think you'd be better off forgetting this here and now, Ronald Weasley." Selene said sternly. "I don't know what has Snape in such a foul mood. But I do know that if he finds out that you've been spouting off, you're as good as dead. Especially if it turns out you're wrong."

Draco snickered, while Blaise mouthed. 'When it turns out he's wrong. There's no if'

"Ok, ok. I'll just shut up." Ron mumbled.

"Ooh, icklie Ronniekins is going to shut up." a voice said from behind them.

Two red haired third years stood leaning against the stone wall.

"Fred, George..." Ron's ears were bright pink.

"What do you two want now?" Blaise asked. He'd heard about how the Weasley twins loved to prank people, especially first year Slytherins. Or any first year really.

"Only to thank the pretty, young Gryffindor who not only stood up to the hag from hell," Fred began.

"Also known as Mimi Malfoy," George contiuned.

"But, who also stood up for our little baby brother against the biggest prat to walk the school, Zacharias Steel." Fred added.

"Plus! Save our wee brother from the claws of death!" George grinned.

Sel couldn't help it. She laughed. The faces the twins were making were just too funny.

"Laugh, little hero. But my honorable brother and I owe you one." Fred said seriously.

"No. You don't owe me anything." Sel shook her head.

George shook his head quickly. "Yes we do. So if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask. Ever."

"Yeah, and to prove it. George and I will not Prank you, Ron...or your Slytherin buddies."

"They have names."

"Sorry. Old habbits. But, again if you need anything and it's in our power to get it or do it. Just ask."

Sel eyed the two boys. Well, this was unexpected. "Ok, thanks."

"No problem," Fred said grinning.

"Yep. Our pleasure. See ya later, Sel." The twins then headed toward the great hall for their dinner.

"That was weird." Blaise commented.

"Yeah. I didn't think they'd do or say anything." Draco added.

Ron shrugged. "They're good guys. But they just joke around abit."

"Abit?!" Sel broke into a fit of giggles. "Didn't you hear what they did to those Sixth year Ravenclaws, last week?"

Ron sighed. "No. I was too busy in detention with Filch because they broke a window and I was there."

Draco shook his head sadly. "I pitty you, Ron. I really do."

Sel and Blaise chuckled. "Lets get inside before the twins eat all the dessert."

"Oh, please." Blaise laughed. "Ron would kill them if they so much as thought about doing that."

"I would not!" Ron denied.

"Sure." Draco said smirking.

"Leave him alone guys." Sel laughed.

"Ok, Sel." Blaise had an evil glint in his eyes. "Your right Ron, Sel would beat you too it."

Sel laughed and jokingly punched her friend. "Oh, shut up!"

Ron smirked, Draco laughed.

"Nice, Blaise." Ron cheered.

Sel turned slowly toward her red haired friend. "Are you three ganging up on me?"

Smiling broadly Ron looked over to Draco who nodded.

"Are you sure you want to do that, Draco?" Sel slowly approched her friends. A slow smile appearing onto her face.

"Why yes, I believe I am." Draco raised an eyebrow. "You're out numbered."

"That may be, but I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve, my friend. Or have you all forgotten that?"

Blaise started walking toward the outside door. "You know I was always on your side Sel."

"Oh, really?" Sel's eyes were bright with mirth.

Draco laughed a little. "You know I was just fooling, right Sel?"

Ron didn't even bother speaking, he sprang out the door with Blaise and Draco hot on his heels.

"I'll get you!" Sel laughed.

"No you won't." Draco cheekily shouted over his shoulder.

Sel raised her wand and shouted, "Rictusempra!"

Blaise was the first to fall down laughing. "No..Fair...Sel!"

Sel smirked as Ron and Draco tried to hide behind a tree. "Rictusempra! Rictusempra!"

Both Ron and Draco collapsed and couldn't stop laughing. "That...Wasn't... Fair...Sel!" Ron laughed uncontrollably.

Draco was pink. "Slytherin!"

Sel laughed and bowed. "Why thank you, Mr. Malfoy." Sel waved her wand removing the spell. "What have we learned from this gentlemen?"

Ron swore as he tried to catch his breath. Blaise closed his eyes and panted. Draco wiped away his tears as he too tried to catch his breath.

"I'm waiting."

The three boys said together, "Never insult you!"

"Good boys."

The four students burst into another round of laughter as Sel was tackled by the boys. After a few minutes of rolling around in the grass they all sat quietly and watched the sun set.

"We should probably head in." Draco said after a few minutes of silence. It had gotten dark quickly.

"I was about to suggest that very thought, Mr. Malfoy," a cold voice said from behind them.

Professor Severus Snape stood behind them, arms crossed, and looking mean.

"Professor..." Blaise began.

"Silence!" Snape eyed the students. "I suggest you all get to your common rooms. Miss Potter, you'll come with me. Now."

The boys looked sympathetically at Selene. Ron even mouthed 'Sorry.'

Sel watched sadly as her friends walked away from her and the Potions Professor, who simply said, "Follow me." And then he led her toward his office, robes billowing behind him.

***

"Sit."

Sel sat. Why was he so mad? She hadn't even done anything.

The potions professor sat infornt of her. "I'm sorry for yelling at you durring class, I wouldn't do it if I didn't have too."

Sel blinked. "You mean, you're not mad?"

"Not at you, no. I was having a bad day, so I used my anger for the act. I apologize if I upset you." Snape did look worn out.

"It's ok, sir." Sel offered.

"Thank you, Sel." He sat up strait and eyed Sel now. "I do, however, have a problem with you and your friends being outside at night. You know that is not allowed."

"We didn't realize it had gotten so late, sir." Sel defended.

"You didn't notice it was dark?" Snape raised an eyebrow. Not convinced.

"We were fooling around and then we just watched the sunset. We weren't trying to get into trouble sir. Time just got away from us." Sel sighed. "It won't happen again."

"It'd better not. Do you even realize how close you all were to the Forbbiden Forest?" Snape demanded suddenly getting angry. "Do you even realize the danger you had put yourselves in?!"

Sel flinched. Why was he so angry? They weren't in any danger, were they? She wasn't sure about whether they had been in danger or not. But what she did know was that she didn't like Professor Snape being angry with her.

Severus stopped yelling at the sight of Selene flinching and the hurt, and fear in her eyes. Lily's eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you, child." He said softly.

"I-I know sir. I-I just don't like yelling, or making you mad." Sel looked pleadingly at her professor. "I'm sorry I made you mad, sir. I promise not to go out at night again!"

Severus's heart leapt into his throat at the sound of fear in her voice. He also noticed that she was trembling slightly. His mind made up, he stood and knelt down infront of her. He placed his hands on the arms of her chair, and said softly but firmly. "I believe you Selene. And I hope you remember what I'm saying to you now; The forest is dangerous. Especially at night. What if something or someone had come out and hurt you and the boys?"

Sel's trembling seemed to increase now.

Severus looked directly into her eyes and said gently. "I do not say this to frighten you, Sel. But to make sure you know this, and will not do it again. I don't want you to get hurt." There, he'd said it. Severus just hoped he'd gotten through to the girl.

"As for yelling and making me mad." Severus began. "I was only mad because I was worried about you."

At this Sel's eyes widened. "You were worried about me?" No one had ever worried about her before.

Severus looked embarrassed. "Yes. Very much so. I, unlike you, do know what is in that forest. And I will not allow you to get hurt if I can help it."

Sel's eyes were the size of saucers now.

Before either of them knew what was happening, Sel had thrown herself at the Professor.

Severus stiffened for a moment, not used to physical contact like this. But then he slowly broght his arms around the child and returned the embrace.

"Thank you." Sel whispered. "No one has ever cared...or worried about me before. Thank you, sir!"

Severus smirked slightly. 'Is this what it feels like to care about someone? Like...?' Abruptly he cut the thought away, but stored it away for later.

"You're welcome, Sel."

They stayed like that for a few more moments. Then Sel slowly pulled away.

"Sorry, sir." Sel began.

"Severus."

"Huh?"

"My name is Severus. Though only when we are alone."

Sel smiled slightly. "Ok, S-Severus." Trying it out.

Severus smirked. "You don't need to appologize, Sel." Looking at his clock he sighed. "How about you and I continue this discussion tomorrow? We'll say I gave you another detention along with this one."

"Alright, Severus. Thank you for everything."

"You don't need to thank me Sel. Now off to bed with you. I'll see you in my office tomorrow at 10:00 am."

Sel nodded and left the office.

Severus sighed and thought sadly. 'She's so much like you Lily. She deserves so much more than life has given her. But then again," a single tear glistened in his eye, but did not fall. 'So did you."

***

As Sel lay there in her nice warm bed, a single thought rang through her head. 'Is that what it's like to have a father?' Smiling Sel feel asleep. But not a peaceful one.

Chapter End Notes:
Am I moving too fast? Please let me know what you guys think of this chapter!
Reviews are great! Lol!
Nightshade :)